Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.2.70! - Released - (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    MEC4D said:

it ask me to close DS , only DAZ base products that are included with DS , no problem with other products 

I don't think that's actually closing D|S, that looks like what happens if you load a scene instead of a scene subset — the new scene replaces the existing scene. What file type shows in the tooltip if you hover the pointer over those items?

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Shader is not a scene or scene subset , but I know what you mean.. you saw the message  it is weird , I have only this issue  with DS iray base shaders and content that was installed with it , both DS public and Beta build , no issues with other products or my shaders that I had already installed in my My library , I need to reinstall the base assets again and see if that help , it may be corrupted installation

MEC4D said:

it ask me to close DS , only DAZ base products that are included with DS , no problem with other products 

I don't think that's actually closing D|S, that looks like what happens if you load a scene instead of a scene subset — the new scene replaces the existing scene. What file type shows in the tooltip if you hover the pointer over those items?

Ok reinstalled the base content via connect this time and not using DIM and all essentials starter kits and it is working again.

so it was corrupted installation via DIM

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98

Anyone else having trouble getting this new build to show up in DIM?

I have 4.9.2.60 installed and DIM is not showing any new version?

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98
    edited May 2016
    MEC4D said:

BTW can someone help me with this issue , when I load Uberiray standard shaders or genesis from  My Library or  DAZ Connect Library , I get message like the one below

The DUF file much be saved as a Scene, try right-clicking the item and selecting [Merge into scene] to see if that solves the problem. It would still be a problem that needs to be reported even if it does get around the problem.

Genesis doesn't cause that problem for me, but I get Duplicate ID errors when it loads... I can't find anything called 'Uberiray standard shaders'?

Post edited by JDStrider on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited May 2016

I am still running 4.8 and have the current 4.9 in my downloads but nowhere in DIM do I see this beta. Where the *Bleep!" is it hiding? I'd like to give it a try, but not if it means borking my current Studio install. 

EDIT: Found it! Seems I had to put it in my cart and "buy" it first. Anyone else who doesn't have it in their DIM might want to try that too.

Post edited by Byrdie on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited May 2016
    Byrdie said:

I am still running 4.8 and have the current 4.9 in my downloads but nowhere in DIM do I see this beta. Where the *Bleep!" is it hiding? I'd like to give it a try, but not if it means borking my current Studio install. 

EDIT: Found it! Seems I had to put it in my cart and "buy" it first. Anyone else who doesn't have it in their DIM might want to try that too.

Also, check your DIM Download Filters. It is a button at the top of the Ready to Download tab. Make sure you have a check mark on Public Build. Otherwise it may not show up to be downloaded and installed by DIM.

Post edited by barbult on

It did not show up for me in Connect, so I installed it from DIM  ,  

JDStrider said:

You don't merge shaders with a scene are you ? lol j/k, the problem is solved it was corrupted installation of the all essentials  and starter kits 

I AM GOOD ALREADY THANK YOU !

JDStrider said:
    MEC4D said:

BTW can someone help me with this issue , when I load Uberiray standard shaders or genesis from  My Library or  DAZ Connect Library , I get message like the one below

The DUF file much be saved as a Scene, try right-clicking the item and selecting [Merge into scene] to see if that solves the problem. It would still be a problem that needs to be reported even if it does get around the problem.

Genesis doesn't cause that problem for me, but I get Duplicate ID errors when it loads... I can't find anything called 'Uberiray standard shaders'?

edited May 2016

After fixing the stuff I go a head and tested again the Light Portals , 

So.. don;t expect wonders , it is not to make your scene  render faster it is to make your scene looks better and more accurate for PBR lighting in iray .

You will get more details and less noises with less iterations but this don;t mean  you can skip the rendering  time as more iteration not always means better-looking render , better calculation yes !

the Light Portals are for scenes where only little light shine through  small windows , it help iray to find where the ambient light from sky is and where the Ambient light from ground is ( not the direct sun light as that is not for that , let say for sad cloudy days scenes or scenes where the light don;t shine on the window

what iray do is better calculating  the little light it have to work with, create the correct shadows and make it looking more PBR accurate in place of just shutting blind photons to clean the noises but the result will  be not accurate no matter how much iteration you used or render time . The second image show what you get more and what you don't on the same quality level for both renders but with different settings ( no caustics, no architectural sampler no light portals vs everything included )

see the image for more info .

light portals study mec4d 2016.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 658K
    comparison light portals study mec4d 2016.jpg
    1284 x 1004 - 351K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    MEC4D said:

It did not show up for me in Connect, so I installed it from DIM  ,  

JDStrider said:

Connect cannot yet handle plug-ins, or other items that need to go in the application folder, or updates to the main application.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited May 2016

edited and removed.

will ask the question in the DIM thread...

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751

Well, I have it. And from what I can see, Smart Content has become totally stupid. For some reason it has decided most of my content needs to be "downloaded" even though it is already installed, put more of it in something called "Lost & Found", from which it keeps telling me to download/install but -- you guessed, it's already installed! So now it takes me twice as long to load a figure because I must right click the item and go thru the options to find it in the Not-Smart content directory and load it from there. Whereas in 4.8 all I gotta do is double click from Smart Content panel and it's right there, no hunting & foraging necessary. Is it broke, or is this new setup a "feature"? If so, it's one I can do without. :-(

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

Is the content manually installed, or installed with DIM and then moved, or was it isntalled with DIM and left in place?

DS 4.9.2.67 often crashes when right click on a file icon in the Content Library and select Show Asset In>Smart Content>Products.
    This will crash it every time:
    1) Open DS 4.9.2.67
    2) In the Content Library, search files for the word "hair"
    3) In the search results, right click on "HAIR - Toulouse Hair.duf"
    4) Select Show Asset In>Smart Content>Products
    I submitted a help request with a crash log.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040
    barbult said:

DS 4.9.2.67 often crashes when right click on a file icon in the Content Library and select Show Asset In>Smart Content>Products.
    1) Open DS 4.9.2.67

I ran into that also - and have an open ticket. Pretty sure they'll get this fixed fairly quickly. I did it with 'lagoon living'; looks like any search in content library followed by show in smart content.

edited May 2016

Working fine for me here no issues  

after

It show me the product in Smart contest tab

barbult said:

1) Open DS 4.9.2.67

Post edited by MEC4D on
    MEC4D said:

after

It show me all Genesis 2 essential starter Assets in Smart Content tab 

barbult said:

1) Open DS 4.9.2.67

Did you start with a Content Library search (step 2 in the list above). That seems to trigger the problem.

edited May 2016

Yes I followed it exactly as you wrote step by step , working fine with all products , I made fresh instalation of all my DS and DS  Beta yesterday removed all my old builds and cleaned up the folders before installing and since the essential and utilities was corrupted via DIM I reintalled them from DAZ Connect , maybe this have to do with the issue as I have everything working fine so far .. not even one crash after hours of work on crazy stuff 

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

after

barbult said:

1) Open DS 4.9.2.67

Did you start with a Content Library search (step 2 in the list above). That seems to trigger the problem.

2016-05-20 (6).png
    1920 x 1040 - 383K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
    MEC4D said:

Yes I followed it exactly as you wrote step by step , working fine with all products , I made fresh instalation of all my DS and DS  Beta yesterday removed all my old builds and cleaned up the folders before installing and since the essential and utilities was corrupted via DIM I reintalled them from DAZ Connect , maybe this have to do with the issue as I have everything working fine so far .. not even one crash after hours of work on crazy stuff 

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

after

barbult said:

1) Open DS 4.9.2.67

I installed 4.9.2.67 over the previous beta. I sure hope we don't have to delete everything and do a clean install. I'll see what customer service says in response to my help request.

Maybe better to wait first the solution may be easier than uninstall the Beta, I had too as instalation was not good in first place 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

I had a note on my ticket that the problem only seems to occur if the product was installed with DIM, FWIW.

namffuak said:

I had a note on my ticket that the problem only seems to occur if the product was installed with DIM, FWIW.

It also happens for me on things I installed manually.

Manual and DIM use the same files

barbult said:
    namffuak said:

It also happens for me on things I installed manually.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited May 2016

I get the crash; although search doesn't find anything for me, so i locate a hair manually.

It was not the same hair as in your post.

Although, as I don't use search because of all the sql stuff I have disabled (or not installed), I have no issue with it.

(Was installed via DIM)

Post edited by nicstt on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited May 2016

"Update and merge menus.dse" scripts is still need for up-date these version beta, to keep my customized layout and menus with up-dated options?

After up-date these 4.9  beta versions,  I often find erroer message when I use this script, after up-date beta.

the message box suggest me to check log ifle.

Will it cause any problem (UI corrupt, or not checkable option etc)  or,, Can I ignore this message?

It is dse file, then I can not check it at all. (though I do not know, I can solve it or not)

2016-42-21 19:42:31.680 Loading script: I:/myfile/dazstudio4/Mylibrary/Scripts/Utilities/Update and Merge Menus.dse
    2016-42-21 19:42:32.430 WARNING: Script Error: Line 720
    2016-42-21 19:42:32.430 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'sRecCode' [undefined] is not an object.
    2016-42-21 19:42:32.430 WARNING: Stack Trace:
     <anonymous>()@C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 Public Build/scripts/support/DAZ/dzUpdateMergeMenus.dse:720
    2016-42-21 19:42:32.493 WARNING: Script Error: Line 720
    2016-42-21 19:42:32.493 WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'sRecCode' [undefined] is not an object.
    2016-42-21 19:42:32.509 WARNING: Stack Trace:
     <anonymous>()@C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 Public Build/scripts/support/DAZ/dzUpdateMergeMenus.dse:720
    2016-42-21 19:42:32.509 Error in script execution: I:/myfile/dazstudio4/Mylibrary/Scripts/Utilities/Update and Merge Menus.dse

jointeditor.PNG
    831 x 793 - 182K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • This crash occurs for me, but only in the "File" search mode (as opposed to "Database"). In fact if I search for "hair" in Database search mode it only finds files with names starting in the range "!" to "09" (i.e. nothing starting with a letter), so I can't actually find "HAIR - Toulouse Hair" in that mode. In File mode I can find it, but it crashes when I use the "Show Asset in Smart Content>Products" action. It doesn't crash with the Smart Content>Files action or the Mapped Folder action, but it doesn't take me to the file in Smart Content>Files—all is get is all hair files, apparently. Mapped Folder works fine.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

I see, now when I use "Show Asset in Smart Content >files" again, for NJA pony tail hair, from content lbirary (serched with file option)

DS 4.9.2.67 crush.  and it seems not show any alerat window, then User can not offer these log .

(Actually ,I remember, when I use "Show assets in smart content", I often  needed to apply twice same option,

then DS could  show the assets in smart content, (or it just show all items))

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited May 2016

Well this latest beta seems to have broken the FBX export for iClone 3DXchange6

I am still testing what works and doesn't but not looking great.

Only reason I use DAZ studio is to go to iClone and fix DS only stuff for Carrara, I keep 4.7 for this reason too so hope its just a beta glitch that will be tested and fixed.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

specifically the morph animation is missing

the morphs are baked but no timeline animation which we need in iClone 3Dchange to assign visemes.

I can manually do them all but thats not going to be a whole lot of joy, I will have to use my 4.7 build which is a shame as parenting issues had been fixed in 4.9, I hang on to a few old installers for these reasons.

May have create a new folder and manually download the production build to it for now.