Jaderail is at it Again.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

MarkR151 said:
    Jaderail said:
    Last attempt at Sue for today. I need to crash so I can do the clinic thing in the early hours.

I really like the blue Sue Storm sundress & jewelry you made for that render. Is that in the DAZ Store? If I could get that fittable for the V4 Elite models, I'd like to have it. Yep it's a DAZ item. I'll need to hunt it, I've had it for awhile.

Got it Chicari for V4 everything used is in this set.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • MarkR151MarkR151 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Great, thanks!

You know, I just read what it said about Poser and Poser mats which seems to indicate that it was made for that and am wondering if this is fully compatible with DAZ 4.

I don't use Poser.

edited December 1969

My renders are 100% DAZ, what you saw is what you will get.

• MarkR151MarkR151 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Good. :)

edited December 1969

Close up of Jaderail Details.

XTream_Jaderail_CloseUp.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Close up of Jaderail Details.

Wow and great details at that, lol love the expression too. You know what your character reminds me of? ... The game Skyrim - except with much better graphics of course! He's full of life, I like him! :cheese:

edited December 1969

His eyes are very interesting as well i might add :)

edited September 2012

The eyes always go WOOKNY with a Expression added. They started out tilted but as you can see the end was not tilted just the inner tips stay put. I've never been able to fix that.

Wait!! I never tried it with genesis, it might be fixable now. Thanks!! I'll have to try it again.

P.S. My major D&DA; character, I played him from zero level to max for a double class elf. Mage / Fighter.

edited December 1969

HAHA You're awesome! Skyrim, I was a wood-elf archer. Maxed archery! Got the best bow too lol Even had a spirit like gost Bow, If it were better in proficiency It would be my favorite ;-P Unfortunately the story requred me to kill off my elf counterparts as they were evil... I'm a lone elf, coincidently I've been trying to ally myself with the orcs.. But they no like elves!

edited December 1969

Okay I give up. I just can NOT fix the hair crown issue in the rendered image. Okay so the crown grows hair. I'll come back to this later when I can think again.

XT_Jade-3.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Can't you select the offending polys with the Poylongon Tool and assign them a new surface and then set the opactiy to 0% or use the defoming tool.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I'm trying to think of a geometry shell solution myself. (Been using it rather successfully on layering items etc.)

edited December 1969

I tried the poly thing but lost to much of the hair. I've been fighting with deformers for a couple of days now. When I get it close I always seem to pick up to much of the scalp and I end up with a nasty shadow.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I tried the poly thing but lost to much of the hair. I've been fighting with deformers for a couple of days now. When I get it close I always seem to pick up to much of the scalp and I end up with a nasty shadow.

right sorry to hear that you are not going to scalp him

edited December 1969

Jaderail, I have a render question for you... I'm playing with Depth of field, but I notice I getting a fare bit of noise on the DOF blur even on level 4 render quality... Is there a specific setting that fixes this? (Mind you this is a massive scene and I'm avoiding veering off from the default level 4 HQ render settings (largely because I used similar settings to what you suggested earlier in this thread... I set it up to render while I asleep last night... When I got up the render time was 8hrs and the progress was 3% DX DX DX

Once this jungle scene is rendered I'm not rendering it again! DX But the DOF thing will be useful for future renders! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Hey Spyro, you lucked out. I just ran the DOF contest last month. Go through this thread and you will find all the tips on DOF that you could ever need.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5084/

edited December 1969

Thanks heaps for that Jader!! That really helped me out... I owe you :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

The latest portrait looks great! Nice work. :)

I also love your "Following the Prey" render. I think it convinced me that I need to buy that Worldbase environment...! (It'll have to wait until I have some more cash on hand, though)

edited December 1969

@Spyro: Naw... all that was done for the users by the users... I just knew where to point.

@Scott_L: All that work on a Genesis Jade and the others talked me out of a new Avatar. Still learned loads about Genesis. the XT Worldbase is nice, and fast to render as well. Check its thread, DEEP in the Commons now, for the one tip how to use Uber Evro with it.

• edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Okay I give up. I just can NOT fix the hair crown issue in the rendered image. Okay so the crown grows hair. I'll come back to this later when I can think again.

I have those crowns for Genesis as well (think they were a freebie) and have the same problem, so for now its in the too hard basket hoping one day I will come accross a tutorial on how to fit them. Have the same problem with hats.

edited September 2012

bluemoon said:
    I have those crowns for Genesis as well (think they were a freebie) and have the same problem, so for now its in the too hard basket hoping one day I will come accross a tutorial on how to fit them. Have the same problem with hats.
    Your a Freaking Genius!! I have the HAT Head morph set, that's not the name just what it does, somewhere in all this downloaded content I've never installed. I really need to get all this stuff installed one day.

I'm afraid to look, we just had a sale. And the PC sale will start very soon. Not too bad, just 40Gb right now.

One step forward, two steps back, one step forward two steps back, I'm in trouble I think.
    edited December 1969

Hat head morph??

Haven't spent much at all again this year. I have stopped myself from buying until I get a new computer, spending and saving don't mix. But I have a ton of content to use so I am happy.

edited December 1969

Just in case anybody else wants it Hat Head. It's even on sale until Sunday night folks.

• edited September 2012

Jaderail said:
    bluemoon said:
    Your a Freaking Genius!! I have the HAT Head morph set, that's not the name just what it does, somewhere in all this downloaded content I've never installed. I really need to get all this stuff installed one day.

I'm afraid to look, we just had a sale. And the PC sale will start very soon. Not too bad, just 40Gb right now.

One step forward, two steps back, one step forward two steps back, I'm in trouble I think.

Thanks, I will start looking for the morphs today, if you happen to remember the name could you let us know.

Update: Found this after a quick look,

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/deformers-plus-hat-head

Edit: Thankyou, you posted the link while I was searching

Post edited by bluemoon_524a0e29ba on
    edited December 1969

Thanks I have Wishlisted it for now.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

SickleYield has something similar, but made specifically for Genesis, at Renderosity: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sickle-super-hat-and-hair-fixer/95296 It's on sale too. Haven't tried it...several of her other products are higher priorities for me--but I thought it was worth mentioning.

edited December 1969

Thanks Scott. I've played with Hat Head and it's just not gonna cut it for this. Hats sure, the Crowns nope.

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Great thread! Some cool renders!

edited December 1969

Razor 42 said:
    Great thread! Some cool renders!
    Thanks for the Peek, I'm a bit whacked out. I never know what will climb out of my brain.
    edited December 1969

Speaking of just popping out of my brain...

Kit_Bash-03.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M