he was a very nice person and helpful moderator to new users

much missed sad

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667

broken heart and still is

• heartHappy Birthday my Friend angel

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225

You are much loved heart and very much missed broken heart

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

Happy birthday, dear Jader.  Just think, this isn't the only day you can eat pizzza now.  I'm glad you're not here today; the Real-Feel temp is 13F in Austin right now.  I still miss you.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667

and another year passes without your smiling avatar broken heart

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,858

Thinking about you Jeff!  

It's a travesty they reset the number of his posts to zero. Years ago, he had over 18,000 posts and the majority of those were helping people.  I miss my late night Alabama buddy PMing back and forth about those beautiful late night/early morning Southern thunderstorms. (I'm Florida panhandle.)  He had a fun sense of humor too.  I did a couple chickens in my thread and of course, he named them! (One was Cluck.) 

In my opinion he will always be the top mentor for new users and users overall. 

• I had this 3D print made which is now shipping

Jeff would have loved it broken heart

2K0A0976.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 628K
  • th3Digit said:

He most assuredly would appreciate the sentiment; this is absolutely amazing.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818

It's Perfect for him!!

• I didn't forget your Birthday yesterday, Facebook reminded me anyway, just was at a loss what to post, I miss you broken heart

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,892

Is it horribly rude to ask what happened to him? 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2018
    TigerAnne said:

Is it horribly rude to ask what happened to him? 

Unfortunately we lost Jeff aka Jaderail.  He was a much loved Moderator and Community Volunteer,  who took great delight in helping people in the forums.  The Forum Mod team is a very close knit team and we still miss him, especially on his birtday and on the anniversary of his passing.

He had been on Dialysis for several years, due to kidney failure,  but he still found time to be happy and helpful. He had been following medical guidelines very well and had just managed to be taken off dialysis for a trial period when he passed away suddenly having managed to get a urinary infection.

Jaderail was his auto ego   You could tell Jeff's mood from his avatar image as he had a happy one and a grumpy one.
    He invented the Stupid thread, which we keep going in his memory.
    This was the thread in the forum when we first learned of his illness    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44104/keep-jaderail-in-your-thoughts/p1

You will find other threads around the forum,   There was a "Jaderail is off dialysis" party thread.

And ultimately there was a Jaderail Memorial Donation thread

Post edited by Chohole on