TangoAlpha's Coming Soon Thread [Commercial]

TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
edited April 2016 in Carrara Discussion

Somewhere down the lane between the fictional villages of Much Hemlock and Little Snoring, old Farmer Jackson's paddock looks a little decrepid. Sure, he'd still have his horses, if he didn't keep forgetting to shut both gates, no one's seen the chickens for weeks now, and one day he'll get around to fixing that tarp under the barn roof. But there's still milk and fresh eggs to sell by the road, and the crocodile that supposedly lives in the ditch has been mercifully quiet . . .

Full scene for Carrara 8.5 and Studio, currently going through QA  out now: http://www.daz3d.com/jackson-s-field

Post edited by TangoAlpha on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

Quaint, rustic, all those pastoral adjectives,  I will be adding chooks and maybe a goat cheeky 

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Looks very well done.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Quaint, rustic, all those pastoral adjectives,  I will be adding chooks and maybe a goat cheeky 

Careful, you'll be seeing Miss Marple at the bus stop next . . . (which wouldn't actually be that out of place, since it does have a timeless rustic Englishness borne out of the early to mid 20th century, or sommat.)

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Woo hoo... but crocs?   More likely to be trampled by cows if your dog insists on coming along.  laugh

Looking forward to this one.

yes SileneUK

That's what they say, but who knows? Probably an old wive's tale. It might just be an escaped water rabbit . . .

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

That's what they say, but who knows? Probably an old wive's tale. It might just be an escaped water rabbit . . .

Or it could be these sort of crocs   robo-shark crocs

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

My goodness gracious sakes alive... that is Awesome!!!

<plops to worshipping motions,,, chanting> Tim Rocks... Tim Rocks...

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

I am a huge fan of your Hemlock Folly set so look forward to this product as well.  I have not tried to open your HF set in Daz Studio.  I guess I should give that a try.

The secret to HF in Studio is to IMMEDIATELY hide all the vegetation and save it back out. it really should have been setup hidden by default (I've done that with Jackson's Field), and I'll make the change to HF if I do an update. Cos if you don't, the UI will likely grind to a halt. Studio's instances don't have the sophistication of Carrara's replicators, and there are no draw easement options (bounding box, cross, point etc settings), so it renders the full mesh all the time. Just remember to turn it on before you render!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

HF works in Carrara just fine.  Maybe I don't need to try to open it in Studio.  cool

And in Carrara, you can turn all the dials up to 11 . . . wink

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

<grabby-paws gestures> Want...

<pitiful whimpering from bank card>

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

nice job :)

Studio's instances don't have the sophistication of Carrara's replicators, and there are no draw easement options (bounding box, cross, point etc settings), so it renders the full mesh all the time. Just remember to turn it on before you render!

Yeah... D|S really gets sluggish quickly if you start trying to build a basic little ol' Carrara scene inside it. Have to use a whole different workflow frame of mind when switching over ;)

Still not used to that!

• FenricFenric Posts: 351

Oh, man! I've been wanting a decent barnyard scene. This is great!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    Fenric said:

Oh, man! I've been wanting a decent barnyard scene. This is great!

The fox amongst the chickens

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Very nicely done Tim :)

• Very nice!

edited February 2016

So I turned up the replicator dials a bit, threw in some extra flowers from Merlin's http://www.daz3d.com/wild-borders and added http://www.daz3d.com/hemlock-folly in the background (because you can . . .)

full_monty1.jpg
    1728 x 1080 - 1M
    edited April 2016

What do you do when you have an old medieval hall lying around doing nothing? Turn it into a theatre, of course! (true story!)

02-Rustic-Theatre-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 880K
    01-Rustic-Theatre-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 940K
    12-Rustic-Theatre-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 535K
    11-Rustic-Theatre-daz3d.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 616K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Very cool set of images!

Thganks Phil. smiley I've spent many hours on that stage in real life!

Wow! Fantabulous!!!

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Looks great! I can use this for sure!

• DondecDondec Posts: 243

Beautiful renders Tim and Great job on Jackson's Field

- Don

edited April 2016

I know you won't be interested wink but here's the first Iray render off my new rig. It's a bit rough around the edges, and I picked an old version of the promo scene by mistake, but I think it's a good start (it would have taken days on my old Mac!)

There are 21 lights used in this scene. The six parcans on the balcony are emissive, but the rest are photometric spotlights set as discs. Postwork: glow on the parcans.

iray_test1.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

You are wrong - we are definitely interested! Great image and good that you have a new platform up and running.

I knew you would be - hence the wink, but this is the Carrara forum, lol. The new box goes like stuff off a shovel. Only downside is it's Windows, not OS X!

One thing I really like about DS is having "cameras" attached to the lights. Makes setting them incredibly easy, especially for things like the pin spots on the three singers.

PhilW said:

You are wrong - we are definitely interested! Great image and good that you have a new platform up and running.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I knew you would be - hence the wink, but this is the Carrara forum, lol. The new box goes like stuff off a shovel. Only downside is it's Windows, not OS X!

One thing I really like about DS is having "cameras" attached to the lights. Makes setting them incredibly easy, especially for things like the pin spots on the three singers.

I love that! Being able to view through a light is something that I'd love to see added to Carrara. Yes, we can set it up easily, but it would be nice(r) if it was actually the light we were seeing through instead of a camera with the light parented to it ;)

Wow... I'm really loving this set! Looks absolutely fantastic!

edited April 2016

Here's a couple of 3Delight renders from the same gig . . .

13-Rustic-Theatre-daz3d.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 1M
    14-Rustic-Theatre-daz3d.jpg
    1500 x 1000 - 866K