TangoAlpha's Coming Soon Thread [Commercial]

1161718192022»

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Diomede said:

@TangoAlpha, great to hear that UltraScenery compatible stuff is in the pipeline.  I think Howie's UltraScatter Pro and UltraScenery help make Studio feel less alien to my Carrara-based mindset. 

Are you familiar with the Alienator Pro script by Code 66?  It supposedly facilitates substituting one set of props for another in an instanced scene, such as UltraScenery.  So in theory I could take grass from Jackson's field, trees from Hemlock Folly, and an apple tree from the Orchard set, and plug them in UltraScenery.  Have you tried it?  If so, does it require significantly more tweaking than I just described?  Key word is significantly.    https://www.daz3d.com/alienator-pro

Yes, I've used it ;) There's an UltraScenery example in the -- excellent -- manual, and more in the Alienator commercial thread - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6512721#Comment_6512721 ;

Main thing to remember is to replace like-sized things (ie, don't go replacing grass clumps with trees!) 

There is however, already an UltraScenery ecology for Tangy Apple Orchard, with lots of options and extras, including new seasonal variations for the trees... https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--tangy-apple-orchard
    (and soon there will be an ecology for Country Ford)

Mystiarra said:

even if you using uwrap in ds sets, we have the plugin to handle it. 

my favorite features is the modelled leaves.

You will need to tweak the textures, but the assets should be pretty straightforward to bring into Carrara, and use with the surface replicator.

One of the fun things in UltraSceney is the Riparian shader, which adds a damp area around the water line, and a wet area below. It should be an interesting excercise to build that in Carrara...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited February 2021

TangoAlpha said:

Mystiarra said:

even if you using uwrap in ds sets, we have the plugin to handle it. 

my favorite features is the modelled leaves.

You will need to tweak the textures, but the assets should be pretty straightforward to bring into Carrara, and use with the surface replicator.

One of the fun things in UltraSceney is the Riparian shader, which adds a damp area around the water line, and a wet area below. It should be an interesting excercise to build that in Carrara...

there is a Digital Carvers guild terrain tools shader that does that already I used for shorelines and beach foam 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Stezza said:

Shoreditch looks like a busy place on Google Earth smiley

If you've seen the Pokémon Detective Pikachu movie from a couple of years ago, some of the street scenes were filmed in Shoreditch...

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083
    edited February 2021

TangoAlpha said:

Diomede said:

@TangoAlpha, great to hear that UltraScenery compatible stuff is in the pipeline.  I think Howie's UltraScatter Pro and UltraScenery help make Studio feel less alien to my Carrara-based mindset. 

Are you familiar with the Alienator Pro script by Code 66?  It supposedly facilitates substituting one set of props for another in an instanced scene, such as UltraScenery.  So in theory I could take grass from Jackson's field, trees from Hemlock Folly, and an apple tree from the Orchard set, and plug them in UltraScenery.  Have you tried it?  If so, does it require significantly more tweaking than I just described?  Key word is significantly.    https://www.daz3d.com/alienator-pro

Yes, I've used it ;) There's an UltraScenery example in the -- excellent -- manual, and more in the Alienator commercial thread - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6512721#Comment_6512721 ;

Main thing to remember is to replace like-sized things (ie, don't go replacing grass clumps with trees!) 

There is however, already an UltraScenery ecology for Tangy Apple Orchard, with lots of options and extras, including new seasonal variations for the trees... https://www.daz3d.com/ultrascenery--tangy-apple-orchard
    (and soon there will be an ecology for Country Ford)

Great, I will move Alienator Pro up my priority list.  Hopefully, it will go on sale during March Madness. Then I can combine items from different sets that should not be combined.  Tundra in the jungle?  Lake reeds in the desert?  Control the weather and you control the world!  Bwahahahaha!  (Cue Alberto's Fluidos breaking through a dam and knocking over some buildings).

I've already purchased your UnltraScenery Tangy Apple preset.  Good stuff.

Thanks for the pointer to the Alienator commercial thread.  I will check it out.

Tangy Apple Ultrasceneery Purchased.jpg
    1496 x 970 - 315K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

the https://www.daz3d.com/piazza-vecchia looks nice.  carrara shaders for it by any chance?

do any of the chairs in fleet ops swivel?

where does the admiral have a private restroom?  just kidding.

says it has roughness maps.  thats gonna be handy for the pbr plugin. 

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,714
    edited March 2021

Admiral's Bridge chairs have bones, no response in Carrara so assume they must be converted to blended weight before using them.

Admiral's Bridge Chair TA 1.png
    2274 x 1033 - 881K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Bunyip02 said:

Admiral's Bridge chairs have bones, no response in Carrara so assume they must be converted to blended weight before using them.

thank you! 

2 fleet ope left for me to pick up. smiley

anything new for carrara coming out?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225
    edited April 2021

Bunyip02 said:

Nah... just ignore the bones and swivel the chair itself.

I fun trick that helps to just work directly within Carrara with a lot of those DUF bones that don't work:

Convert to prop (instead of a figure) - with "Model" selected:

1. Edit > Fenric > Unlock Figure
    2. Animation > Detach Skeleton

Now we have a single mesh object

To turn it into several moving parts, duplicate it enough times for as many parts as we need, then open each piece in the model room and delete  the 'other' parts that 'this' part doesn't need.

Group them all together or even just parent the upper parts to the base, etc.,

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited April 2021

So many ways to do things. Blended Weights might be an easier method for some. Just open DS and open a bunch of DUF things in turn to create Carrara versions of things.

The Hexagon bridge is also an excellent way to add piles of new morphs to things! :)

got 3 of the fleet ops now.  still need to setup the shaders with the pbr plugin

for the fleet ops, do i need to d/l the ds version for the pbr maps? 
    or is all the same maps included in carrara textures version?
    roughness, etc

thanks.

edited May 2021

Mystiarra said:

for the fleet ops, do i need to d/l the ds version for the pbr maps? 
    or is all the same maps included in carrara textures version?
    roughness, etc

thanks.

In order to drag n' drop the PBR material presets into the PBR loader in the effects tab, you'll need to have the presets, which is in the DS version - if that helps answer your question

edited May 2021

oh. duh.  there is no carrara version,  is only DS. blush

just realized there's no separate carrara download.

Post edited by Mistara on