TangoAlpha's Coming Soon Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,187
    PhilW said:

Looking good - love the mist!

Yeah, me too!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited November 2016

Coming soon for Carrara and Daz Studio: Tangy Apple Orchard.

Probably less interest in this forum, but when I was setting up the Iray version, I did a set of renders through the day in Sun-Sky mode, just to see how the lighting changed, and stitched them into a short video. I think it's possible to do something similar in Carrara using realistic sky (you can set date, time & location in the advanced tab), but I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader ;)

_cam1b.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    03-Tangy-Apple-Orchard-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    06-Tangy-Apple-Orchard-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 1M
    10-Tangy-Apple-Orchard-daz3d.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 802K
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

Wow TangoAplha, looks fantastic! The lighting is great!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Now I have  homework?

. I think it's possible to do something similar in Carrara using realistic sky (you can set date, time & location in the advanced tab), but I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader ;)

Looks great.  I can think of a lot of ways to integrate this set with some other projects that I have in mind.  Thanks for continuing to create Carrara versions of your products.

You do amazingly wonderful work, TangoAlpha! Truly Wonderful!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Nicely done TA :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790

very nice.... I like apples yes

• Beautiful, Tango Alpha! I especially like the trailer with its PICKM3 plate. If you don't mind, can we have a closeup of the items on the table? Are there any single apples for eating? :D

--MW

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Drink up thee cider!...  ooo errr!   yes Silene

I'll do a close up of the table when I get the chance - my machine's a bit tied up at the mo.

Yes there are definitely single apples. smiley

• Very inspiring!  Your products are first class.

I'm curious, was the render below done in Carrara?

That particular one was done in DS, Iray "Sun-Sky only" mode. I'll post a Carrara version from the same camera later today.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited November 2016

Thank you in advance!  I very much look forward to seeing it.

Edit - I have an additional question, especially given the nature of your new product.smiley

Do you model all of your plants and trees in Carrara?

And further, if you know, does Howie Farkes do this also?

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    edited November 2016

The apple trees are modelled in XFrog, because I wanted a more gnarly look than Carrara's trees achieve. The others are Carrara natives. I believe HowieFarkes used XFrog for his recent DS set, but the earlier trees are also Carrara natives. All my other plants, grasses, flowers etc are made in Carrara.

Okay, here's the sign view rendered in Carrara (1080p so click to enlarge): 

And the produce table:

Car_c1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    table.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • Thanks for the closeups, TangoAlpha. Those baskets of apples are beautiful! This is definitely a British orchard, with its sign that says "PYO Apples," the jugs of scrumpy [had to look that one up], and the mead. New England and northern New York orchard signs say "U PICK," and we sell non-fermented cider, but no mead. :D I'll have to make some appropriately local textures, including some McIntosh skins for the apples!

If you need some apple pie, a half an apple, a glass of cider, and a bench to supplement TangoAlpha's orchard, check out Predatron's Days of Cider. Great little set, and it's on sale too. http://www.daz3d.com/days-of-cider

I can't wait till the orchard comes out!

--MW

I just got together with my family the other day at my Dad's house (40 acres of preserved wilderness) to make apple cider. What a blast! We do that every year around this time - often a little earlier. Yum! Many different varieties make for an excellent cider - and all of that work makes for a great afternoon with loved ones! :D

Very inspiring!  Your products are first class.

+1 One Hundred Percent!!! yes

Looking absolutely Wonderful TangoAlpha!!! I just love your work!

You might notice the cider press (animatable wink) next to the beehives . . .

Non-fermented cider? that's just apple juice, surely! cheeky Scrumpy, by reputation is the moonshine of cider. Ingredients: mostly apples (unlisted ingredients reputedly include rat and certain "by products"...)

Didn't know about "U-Pick" - I can make an alternate texture easily enough for anyone that wants it.

BTW, the apples in this set are Braeburn, a relatively modern variety from New Zealand (although these particular ones came from the local supermarket!). Sadly my own trees didn't produce anything usable this year - very poor crop for some reason.

Gonna subject you to this, just because (we had to live through it!)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Non-fermented cider? that's just apple juice, surely! cheeky Scrumpy, by reputation is the moonshine of cider. Ingredients: mostly apples (unlisted ingredients reputedly include rat and certain "by products"...)

Didn't know about "U-Pick" - I can make an alternate texture easily enough for anyone that wants it.

BTW, the apples in this set are Braeburn, a relatively modern variety from New Zealand (although these particular ones came from the local supermarket!). Sadly my own trees didn't produce anything usable this year - very poor crop for some reason.

Gonna subject you to this, just because (we had to live through it!)

Way back in the day when we had parties but not much money we used to go to one local pub who had barrels of  "scrumpy" and you could buy the stuff by the gallon, and it was dirt cheap.  So we would take it home and fix up mulled cider for everyone to start the party off,  after that it was a bring a bottle party.   At that time I lived in Kent, which may not be recognised as cider country, but it was certainly apple country.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited November 2016

The apple trees are modelled in XFrog, because I wanted a more gnarly look than Carrara's trees achieve. The others are Carrara natives. I believe HowieFarkes used XFrog for his recent DS set, but the earlier trees are also Carrara natives. All my other plants, grasses, flowers etc are made in Carrara.

Thanks TA!  I now have some idea of what Xfrog is (after googling).  But the Carrara stuff looks great as well.

Very nice.  It's great to see an (ahem) apples to apples comparison between the two renderers.  In your opinion, how does Iray compare to Carrara's renderer?  The two pics look similar in quality to me, except the time of day (Iray was more around noon).

PS - Can't believe I watched that whole video.smiley

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790

And the produce table:

Looks awesome.. is it based on the Dickens Cider Orchid? yes

No, it's an amalgam of places I've been or seen, plus a sprinkle of imagination. smiley

• You might notice the cider press (animatable wink) next to the beehives . . .

I just looked up cider, and, interestingly enough, it can be fermented or unfermented. Either way, it's really good apple juice! :D Re "U-PICK:" I was planning to make a sign with that myself, along with the alternative apple textures. Thanks for letting me know they're Braeburns. :d --MW

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Wonderful work on both the set and the promo video - great idea to show it through the day.

Oh... there it is!!! I was looking at the more closeup shot (just above) and was scratching my head... Beehives? Cider Press? Hmmmm... UK Humor (or is it humour?) Scratches head some more....

Ahhhh Here it is! I see it! It's exactly like my Dad's!!! wink

Our ex-neighbor had beehives too, but thhey were more old-school than these wink

I just looked up cider, and, interestingly enough, it can be fermented or unfermented. Either way, it's really good apple juice! :D Re "U-PICK:" I was planning to make a sign with that myself, along with the alternative apple textures. Thanks for letting me know they're Braeburns. :d --MW

Yum! Mine is all gone now - tastes So Good!!! I love it from the store, even better from a farm market or roadside stand, but when we make it ourselves... it's just amazing!!!

TA, I really love this scene. It's so huge!!!

The field grass looks wonderful. Looks like you were sitting nearby when you've painted it!

This isn't a particularly good render - too much ambient - and it doesn't show the hives (although they're pretty standard "old English" WBC types). They're just static props, although with the vertex object, they're easy to muck around with.

On the cider press: Crank wheel turns, drum turns in the crusher, press turns and goes up/down. The buckets are separate props.

On the trailer: Wheels turn, front wheels steer, Hookup bar raises

On the caravan: Door opens, wheels turn. Individual walls and internal furniture can all be removed or hidden for better camera angles.

Rocking chair, er, rocks wink

tao6.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 357K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Hey Tim, I have a quick question.  I loaded your Medieval Hall and Garden set in Carrara.  I changed the camera to the inside long gallery camera to get a great view.  I then used the camera menu to save that position under a new name (Test 1).  I inserted a new camera so I wouldn't lose any of your presets.  I went to the render room and made my new camera the rendering camera.  I went to the camera menu to try to move this new camera to the inside long gallery position that I had saved as Test 1,  Unfortunately, the saved camera position is greyed out and cannot be selected.  Do you have any idea why the camera menu's saved position feature would be disabled?  I opened a new scene and tested inserting a new camera and going to a saved position, and it still works, so the problem seems limited to the Hall set.

BTW - for anyone who doesn't have this, there are about a dozen ways to stage scenes.  Very versatile product.  yes