1600 x 1000 - 1M
    06-Crime-Lab-Props-daz3d.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    10-Crime-Lab-Props-daz3d.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1M
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited January 2017

Heh.  Nice pictures hanging in the waiting room.

Awesome use of shaders and textures (and lights) in the darkened autopsy room.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Product placement? Moi? Heaven forbid! angel

wink

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

What's the one on the wall behind the reception desk? I don't recognise it, but the little bit I see looks good enough to go right into my cart.

edited January 2017

What's the one on the wall behind the reception desk? I don't recognise it, but the little bit I see looks good enough to go right into my cart.

It's one of @mmoir s - http://www.daz3d.com/carraras-bmf-landscape-pack

This is the full image from my gallery:

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

<squee>

<keels over>

<thud>

One of these days, I've got to work at learning Carrara; so far I just haven't managed to wrap my head around it. I wonder, though, if anything like that could be done using the new Iray Terradome and lots and lots and lots of instancing...?

I don't have the terradome, but in theory it should be doable . . . (use low poly trees etc for the distant zones)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited January 2017

I have been doing a bit of testing for Tango Alpha on this set and I can confirm that it is awesome! So much detail and scope for images, multiple rooms that not only fit with his "County Crime Lab" theme, but can also be general office space. Here are a couple of images done with Octane too.

County Crime Lab01.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 265K
    Int-Admin Conference.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 223K
    Post edited by PhilW on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

looks superb!

does it work in Car 8.1 as well as Car 8.5?

head wax said:

looks superb!

does it work in Car 8.1 as well as Car 8.5?

I have no idea, since I don't have 8.1, sorry. Phil might know, if he tried it?

Sorry I don't have 8.1 installed on my latest machine. I could maybe look at it but it won't be today.

Thanks, no worries . ;)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Looks like another winner.  My breath is either bated or baited.  Maybe I should just say I can't wait.

Bated. Definitely bated. (as in abated, meaning reduced. So an abated breath is a reduced breath, or a held breath...) smiley

Or maybe you breathe worms . . .

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,820
    edited January 2017

will it have the crooked road line markings option available?

Post edited by Stezza on

Not sure what you mean by crooked road line markings, but it does have both left and right side options.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248

<squee>

<keels over>

<thud>

One of these days, I've got to work at learning Carrara; so far I just haven't managed to wrap my head around it. I wonder, though, if anything like that could be done using the new Iray Terradome and lots and lots and lots of instancing...?

Soooo much easier to do in Carrara. Truly. Especially with that BMF Landscapes pack he mentions by mmoir. 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248

What a fantastic kit, TA! Fantastic (as always) !!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Not sure what you mean by crooked road line markings, but it does have both left and right side options.

Maybe he means this sort of road markings  

No, it doesn't have zig-zags on the crossing.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,820
    Chohole said:

Maybe he means this sort of road markings  

Yep, thems the ones.. for the ones coming home from the pub...  lol

well, that's what my uncle told me when I was a young visitor to England. :-)

painted BY someone coming home from the pub, probly.

Thanks to @PhilW we've discovered that it's not immediately 8.1 compatible, but it can easily be made to be. Seems that 8.5 introduced a new bitmap sampling method, "Fast Mip Map" and made it the default. If you open something with fast mip mapping in 8.1, there's all sorts of bits don't show up and it looks kinda meh. But converting the shaders to use the old "Sampling" filter will fix it. The .car files are uncompressed text, so it's just a matter of opening them in TextEdit (or Notepad in Windows), searching for Filt 3 and replacing with Filt 0 The set after this one will have that done by default.

Thanks again to PhilW for finding th problem and its solution.

BTW, you can see a sneak peek at what's coming after on my FB and DA pages (see sig). Please Like / Follow / Watch if you can - every little helps . . . smiley

No problem - thank YOU for your help with my new set too!

edited January 2017

Thanks to @PhilW we've discovered that it's not immediately 8.1 compatible, but it can easily be made to be. Seems that 8.5 introduced a new bitmap sampling method, "Fast Mip Map" and made it the default. If you open something with fast mip mapping in 8.1, there's all sorts of bits don't show up and it looks kinda meh. But converting the shaders to use the old "Sampling" filter will fix it. The .car files are uncompressed text, so it's just a matter of opening them in TextEdit (or Notepad in Windows), searching for Filt 3 and replacing with Filt 0 The set after this one will have that done by default.

Thanks again to PhilW for finding th problem and its solution.

thank you gentlemen. Nice discovery PhilW .... I buy 99 percent of things made by Carrara users for Carrara but always find I get more joy when I can use the products as well as own them.

I'll be able to run that on Hemlock Folly etc and see how I go

cheers ;) 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited January 2017

Fenrics Advanced Shader doctor can fix it as well.

Advanced shader doctor screen.jpg
    1277 x 1004 - 368K
    Post edited by chickenman on

thanks chickenman.

I seem to have 

• Shader Doctor
    • Skin Doctor
    • Multi-Shader Editor
    • Layer Blending Shader
    • Enhanced Color Balance Shader
    • Enhanced Color Merge Shader

but not the advanced one - I must have bought the others from his site ? and not the bundle as sold here

edited February 2017

I used Fenric's Advanced Shader Doctor on my current WIP, with mixed results. First off, it won't fix normal maps or texture maps in the reflection channel, so you've still got to go through the shaders by hand. Secondly, all my Highlight values got changed to Color, which I didn't want or ask for. Thirdly, all my procedural glass and metal shaders got borked (transparency & reflections all set to none). I didn't notice until my next render, and I'd done several other things in between, but losing all those shaders at once was too much of a coincidence.

So I think overall my recommendation would be to do the file search & replace rather than using the advanced shader doctor.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Good to know.