TangoAlpha's Coming Soon Thread [Commercial]

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

The DS renders of Howie's Harpwood County look pretty stunning - he has a thread going in the Commons (I think it's on p2 right now. Hang on a mo...)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/95296/harpwood-county-coming-to-daz-studio-soon-ish-commercial/p1

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Thanks for the link to the thread - looks wonderful!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Hemlock Folly looking *very* good in DS/3Delight very nice indeed. Glad I am to have it for Carrara!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

Looks absolutely amazing, TangoAlpha! I just love it! 

edited July 2016

Opening soon in a downtown near you . . . the Parthenon Club!

A contemporary club/bar with complete classical-style exterior and a choice of interior layouts, along with a selection of props. Native versions for Carrara and DS (Iray + 3Delight)

javascript:void(0)

This may not be out before the winners are announced for this month's challenge, nevertheless it can still be selected as a prize and will be delivered once it's released. :)

01-Parthenon-Club-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    02-Parthenon-Club-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1024 - 2M
    06-Parthenon-Club-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    08-Parthenon-Club-daz3d.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

.Looks like a great set.

Branching out - and it looks terrific!

Damn, Tim... That's really Really nice!

Parthenon Club, out now! http://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-club

Looks fantastic, lots of varied opportunities for scenes.  You should look to do a bundle too! (Submit to PASS as a new product, but just reference the existing sets, no need to upload a new product to DAZ).

Thanks Phil smiley  There are so many sets that are good for just one or two renders and only a few camera angles, and I try to provide a lot more -- open airy cafe, claustrophobic night club, grand night spot entrance, seedy back alley, vampires lurking in the bushes while couples make out on the park bench . . . There's loos out the back and a stock room, plus a couple of offices that could host illegal gambling or Mr Big roughing up some loser . . . And it's all easily kit bashable!

And now I've got an idea for a bank interior addon . . .

edited August 2016

Picked it up.  This is another great set.  As Phil mentioned, lots of different ways to use the set's resources in different types of scenes. 

Did a little comparing of the Carrara and Studio loads.  In Carrara, the outdoor trees are Carrara plant models (or at least the plant modeler comes up when selecting the tree and entering the modeling room).  Are the trees in Studio version the same trees?  If so, how did you load them in Studio?  Export as obj?  If not, what work flow did you use?  How did you optimize the shaders for Iray?  Hope these questions are not too detailed. 

Post edited by Diomede on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I got it to I will see what it is like tonight when I get home.

Yes the DS tree is exported from CA as obj (there's just one, instanced), with a certain amount of tweaking the Plant Editor settings to get a low poly count and have it still look good.

When it comes to shaders, my workflow is to build them for 3Delight, using the texture maps etc I made for Carrara, and then convert to Iray & tweak. Some things like glass, metals, liquids need scratch built shaders for each renderer.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

nice, thanks TangoAlpha

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thanks for sponsering!! smiley

Cheers Misty. Hopefully there was something useful . . .

Thanks for the plant and shader info. 

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Cool, Tim!   Mine's a pint- cider please!  Is this based on a real place as your others have been?  yes  Silene

Yes the building's real, but somewhere deep in Americaland this time (Iowa, I think). smiley

• Yes the building's real, but somewhere deep in Americaland this time (Iowa, I think). smiley

Looked like a few banks in Old Montreal. Going to try out a few scenes today. Thank you again.
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

aha!

DIM just updated the original version of hemlock folly. 

could this mean...?

:)

edited August 2016

What, Carrara 9? It's a sign! LOL! I had to crank up the replicators in the CA version, or people would start thinking the new DS one looked better . . . wink

CA render2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on

Overspent from the PA Sale? You need you put your money in the Parthenon Bank! http://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-bank With over $1 million in gold bullion in our vault, our priority is naturally one of security, and since we employed George as a security guard, we've enjoyed 126 straight days without a successful heist.

* Interior addon for http://www.daz3d.com/parthenon-club
    * Doors and security gates open
    * Back offices
    * Bank vault with deposit boxes and bullion cage
    * Teller positions with opening cash drawers and panic buttons
    * Consultant positions with opening desk drawers and panic button
    * Hideable walls

BTW, George's day off is Tuesday . . .

Looks to be another great model from you and with loads of scene potential!

Cheers Phil. First time I've done something that was an addon, which was interesting figuring out how that'd work with Carrara . . .

Fantastic, TA!

I wanted to see earlier, but Magento was not showing any images for me - so I came back later... now ;)

Looks GREAT!!!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited October 2016

Fabulous, Tim!  Am bogged down with work, but trying to do some modelling work. Sigh....frown

LOL...being an American bank, you might have to offer an' add-on bullet proof glass option' to go behind the bars! devil

Oooh... just noticed you have your other products in the promotional posters on the walls. Cool! Your talent is just growing and growing, well done yes

heart SileneUK

Post edited by SileneUK on

Still rendering out promos for the next set, but I kinda liked this one.

Volumetric cloud for the mist, and "fake GI" lighting.

Looking good - love the mist!