MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

All very interesting, particularly that amazing skin shader. Just one question, what about parts of the skin that are a little bit different, e.g. lips, palms, soles of feet, other bits. Can that be coded into the shader, or would it be done the same way as the eyebrows mentioned upthread somewhere?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    barbult said:

Wow!

Wow indeed.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    MEC4D said:

Thanks Kerya , it is for vol.4 and still work in progress .. skins, proper eyes and morphs with the same technique , alien-creatures skins .. for both G3F and G3M 

but for having success a proper light need to be used too since it is phisically based .. so no compromisses , I tested on over 20 random HDR lights maps good one and bad one and everything still working , need fo test now with photometric lights as well , with PBR everything need ro be in balance , if one thing is out of order the rest fall automatic 

Kerya said:

Your skin looks great!

Uhm ...

Your PBR skin renders are looking great!

When are we allowed to buy that?

P.S forgot to upload the second image of the skin tests 

This skin shader looks amazing so far, the level of detail already.
    But needing to wait until vol #4, I'm still holding my breath for vol #2:)

You are one of the venders here, I already know, it's just going to be another instant buy for me!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Uploaded the final version of my contest entry with that hat.  I think the hat really added to it so I'm glad it was pointed out that I forgot it.  I left both attachments, but put the contest entry in the big picture box.  I appreciate you extending the contest deadline, Cath!  Thanks.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

It if full shader for figures , as I mentioned already the gray scale map will control  everything so the right skin appearance show in the right place, did you saw the finger print in my preview post ? check it out , the painted eyebrows will be gone and replaced by 3D eyebrows as it will not match the rest in the same way and will look fake more like tattoo than eyebrows unless I get extra diffuse on top but now not sure yet ..

All very interesting, particularly that amazing skin shader. Just one question, what about parts of the skin that are a little bit different, e.g. lips, palms, soles of feet, other bits. Can that be coded into the shader, or would it be done the same way as the eyebrows mentioned upthread somewhere?

Thanks guy glad you like it and  @Knittingmommy glad you made it on time ! 

• AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193

The PBR skin tests are looking great! 2016 will be another fun year for Iray in DS.

I was testing wounds and scars and got crazy idea for quick silly render lol  "'With Fire & Sword !"  only the fire added , tattoo not ready yet need to find better way but the wound working automatic as the skin shader  taking the blood from the lower epidermis when there is deep cut on the normal maps and forming the bloody wound .. 

see the second render and the lower wound how deep it get , now on top only volumetric blood drops and ready for battle ! it still amaze me that I did not made any color textures and got this effect already  a little fuzz fiber hair on top and we render as Pros !

I am 30 hours up already ... time for little rest for me.. catch with u later

wounds-test35.jpg
    720 x 841 - 314K
    With Fire and Sword.jpg
    720 x 854 - 557K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    MEC4D said:

I was testing wounds and scars and got crazy idea for quick silly render lol  "'With Fire & Sword !"  only the fire added , tattoo not ready yet need to find better way but the wound working automatic as the skin shader  taking the blood from the lower epidermis when there is deep cut on the normal maps and forming the bloody wound .. 

see the second render and the lower wound how deep it get , now on top only volumetric blood drops and ready for battle ! it still amaze me that I did not made any color textures and got this effect already  a little fuzz fiber hair on top and we render as Pros !

Sleep well! A very well-deserved sleep! smiley

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2016

Have a good rest Cath.

I don't know if I can put this for the contest (I worked on it last night but didn't finish it on time!).

Anyway I had fun making it that's what's the most important to me.

Shaders used : dress:latex green, hat: dirty coton green and leather worn green (I lightened the albedo a bit), shoes leather worn green, purse leather worn green and tarpauline dark green, bricks : mossy stone, water bottle plastic bag green, coffee cup : abs plastic green, bucket : abs plastic worn green and pbs shaders vol1 hat and purse metallic parts.

Title : HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEC4D-contest.jpg
    600 x 800 - 434K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    MEC4D said:

Get your rest... Well deserved.
    That Skin Shader is seriouly looking good already!!!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Good night, Cath! You deserve some sleep!

• LasserineLasserine Posts: 65

Either of the volumes have marble floors?

edited March 2016

Thank you guys ! back on track again ! tonight I am gonna announce the contest winners !  stay tuned ..

@megan.rhodes13_cf7f5c7420  I believe there is one PBR marble shader as well in vol.2, I did not do more because so much marbles products is around plus one of mt PA friend made all new marble set and very beautiful one , however my marble shader is PBR so all you can do is load any marble color texture into the Base Color channel leaving the rest the way it is to have different one  , so easy . Another thing is that vol.2 has over 450 shaders and it  is 500 MB in size  and include 772 texture maps ..a monster pack collection !

Either of the volumes have marble floors?

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • MaARiTtiMaARiTti Posts: 43

Oh MEC4D you are so professional!
    My english and know-how isn't so good that I can't understand all, but this "skin shader" and all those shaders/ textures you created and create is wonderful hard work , intuition, research, passion and art. I feel it and see it.
    As a former fashion designer I love clothes, what you have done (plus those you done in your own site and daz)
    3 years ago I downloaded Daz 3D and at same time bought Poser and Vue 11. Two years I tried to learn Poser and when Iray came to Daz I have been here and  try to do and learn  something, because this new program is wonderful and 3D world is so exiting smiley
    Vue is still waiting me ....

in finnish:
    Hyvää kevättä sinulle ja upeita luovia hetkiä elämääsi laugh
    Maaritti

Kiitos Maaritti , myös teille ystäväni !

My english is not that perfect my dear !  you can even read my accent lol , I desined real clothing in the late 80's early 90's and actually run small company with it...  it is good to have a passion with something then only good stuff come one .

Cath

MaARiTti said:

Oh MEC4D you are so professional!
    My english and know-how isn't so good that I can't understand all, but this "skin shader" and all those shaders/ textures you created and create is wonderful hard work , intuition, research, passion and art. I feel it and see it.
    As a former fashion designer I love clothes, what you have done (plus those you done in your own site and daz)
    3 years ago I downloaded Daz 3D and at same time bought Poser and Vue 11. Two years I tried to learn Poser and when Iray came to Daz I have been here and  try to do and learn  something, because this new program is wonderful and 3D world is so exiting smiley
    Vue is still waiting me ....

in finnish:
    Hyvää kevättä sinulle ja upeita luovia hetkiä elämääsi laugh
    Maaritti

I tested quick the Iray Decal node with alpha, normal and PBR volumetric blood from vol.2 , actually it works well with tattoos too when you set the opacity down a little bit the skin shine on top nicely , also you can use PBR metals with alpha for cool effects

wounds-test37.jpg
    720 x 900 - 344K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    MEC4D said:

I tested quick the Iray Decal node with alpha, normal and PBR volumetric blood from vol.2 , actually it works well with tattoos too when you set the opacity down a little bit the skin shine on top nicely , also you can use PBR metals with alpha for cool effects

That's nice and gruesome! :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    SimonJM said:
    MEC4D said:

That's nice and gruesome! :)

Absolutely - just what I thought!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Iray Decals have really become one of my favorite things nowadays, whenever you don't need displacement. Mmm.

Ladies and Gents the first non-textured  PBR character  in DS LOL 

I still used just 1000 x 1000 rough skin normal for everything so no different skin parts on the right areas, just making tests before starting creating the right control maps for full figure 

but when you look at the forehead it just the way it should works 

and the second image show the character in viewport before rendering lol  magic in making 

just work in progress

backhead5.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 741K
    backhead5-no render.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 368K
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    What the fudge. That looks so good. Gonna be fun translating all this to octane.
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

OMG Mec your are amazing at what you do! Do you need an assistant as I would love to learn from you!

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219

Hi Cath! The imperfections in the skin are absolutely beautiful! I especially love the neck and his right boob? (: Wow you have some crazy ninja skills with this stuff!

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

I believe I'll have to withdraw. A situation has developed and I may not be doing 3d stuff for a considerable time. :( Wouldn't be right if I won a spot that could go to someone able to use the prize. (on the off chance I'd win that is, there's some really good entries so far and days to go.)  My entries can be disregarded and I'll remove them from the thread if you wish.

Oh no I hope everything is okay!  It would be such a shame if you can't continue I have been really enjoying your art!

It got sorted out. The initial post was from when i was in a lot of pain and the best estimate I could get had me paying a massive out-of-pocket. Turned out when xrays were done that a simpler procedure could resolve the issue. 

Glad it got sorted out....

Thank you ! I try different skin settings to see how it works , so more rough, more soft, more oily etc.. as I need it all ..soft, rough dry oily etc..

I changed the pattern to much finer bellow and added more shine to the skin 

and the other image was with the first settings 

backhead5-no render3-sweat.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 843K
    backhead4a.jpg
    837 x 720 - 517K

Magic Mike hehe

backhead5-no render3-sweat2.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 715K
  • RagazzineRagazzine Posts: 99

I was wondering if you could define areas on the texture maps to take different PBR skin - so you get a different texture on the outside of the thigh to the inside for instance.  Not sure you you'd blend them where they meet. Anyway, I have to go rest - my mouth has been hanging open so long my jaw hurts.  Such amazing work. And them more you learn the faster you move forward. What might be next on wonders.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

I'd love something like this as a merchant resource to make my own skins to sell.  Would you consider making something that can be used as such that comes with the proper bump, normal, sepcular and what ever other maps.  I realize that skin changes per area of the the body but having a really nice base that you know is going to look good under any kind of light would help get some of us to a better level of content creation. 

• boisselazonboisselazon Posts: 458

Wonderfull skin cath.

What's about the render time? is it power consyuming or is it comparable to old fashioned skin render time?

Thanks, right now I use just tiled small texture but the final setup will have full size with all the zones just like color textures but for the normal to define the areas 

I was wondering if you could define areas on the texture maps to take different PBR skin - so you get a different texture on the outside of the thigh to the inside for instance.  Not sure you you'd blend them where they meet. Anyway, I have to go rest - my mouth has been hanging open so long my jaw hurts.  Such amazing work. And them more you learn the faster you move forward. What might be next on wonders.