MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142
    MEC4D said:

more promos ..  just got the  "Chappie 7" lol   robot and decided to try him out , the gun above was also from this set  cheeky

I used

• Gun 2
    • Gun 3
    • Gun 2 braided 
    • Aluminium Anodized

You mean DZ's ASN Model 4?  Yeah, I think it's great.  Nice use of it in these promos.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Thanks ! You said that Cris .. I was just joking since it antennas are like Chappie's .. btw love this metal dude  

MEC4D said:

more promos ..  just got the  "Chappie 7" lol   robot and decided to try him out , the gun above was also from this set  cheeky

I used

• Gun 2
    • Gun 3
    • Gun 2 braided 
    • Aluminium Anodized

You mean DZ's ASN Model 4?  Yeah, I think it's great.  Nice use of it in these promos.

more promos

Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_11.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 554K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love how you get the wireframe through to final shader on these images.  Cute trick.  Looks great!

• MEC4D said:

Thanks Richard, made some changes and fixed typos lol so need to update but Vol.2 is closed at 431 shaders in total for the release  ( not to count in over 250 wood shaders that come straight after in next vol.3 ) 

The retail price for vol.2 will be $35.95 minus the release discount so of course less .. 

RAMWolff said:

Nice promo Cath!  :-)

at full price that'll be about $50 Australian but the quality and amount so worth it these are amazing makes it hard to buy other products as these will bring so much new life to older products that are still good but need that spark now to compare to newer versions and with these shaders wont have to replace a lot of our older content  hope you do some more fabric and creature skin/eyes some day fish/lizard, insect, crustacian, plant, slugs the more unusaul textures/patterns 

Thanks :)  here another one ..actually used ketchap shader on the hair just changed  the colors lol

I love how you get the wireframe through to final shader on these images.  Cute trick.  Looks great!

Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_12.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 424K

Actually around $48 Australian dollars plus it will be release discount too .. skins and all the stuff ( and very cool one ) will be in Vol.4 .. before that Vol.3 with Wood only ..many wood shaders and styles to cover most everything ..even burnned wood etc.. 

MEC4D said:

at full price that'll be about $50 Australian but the quality and amount so worth it these are amazing makes it hard to buy other products as these will bring so much new life to older products that are still good but need that spark now to compare to newer versions and with these shaders wont have to replace a lot of our older content  hope you do some more fabric and creature skin/eyes some day fish/lizard, insect, crustacian, plant, slugs the more unusaul textures/patterns 

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,148

Looking through the thread at the scratched metals made me think of something... Wondering if there'd be a way to get those scratches on glass. 

I was rendering a closeup of a bespectacled character and it struck me that her glasses should be scratched up at least a little. (No matter how good I take care of mine eventually they get scratched. Or if 'scratchproof' the coating breaks down.)

Why ? you don't have to ..I covered it already.. it is under glass.. just scale it to the level you need, also have dirty glass , smoky etc ..  working on promo with it now

Looking through the thread at the scratched metals made me think of something... Wondering if there'd be a way to get those scratches on glass. 

I was rendering a closeup of a bespectacled character and it struck me that her glasses should be scratched up at least a little. (No matter how good I take care of mine eventually they get scratched. Or if 'scratchproof' the coating breaks down.)

scrt-glass.jpg
    900 x 900 - 530K
    MEC4D said:

Why ? you don't have to ..I covered it already.. it is under glass.. just scale it to the level you need, also have dirty glass , smoky etc ..  working on promo with it now

Ah, missed that somewhere then. Also good for cell phone and tablet screens... (Though I don't have the scratches there. Wonder why I can't get glasses made with Gorilla glass?)

Glasses with Gorilla glass would be cool, I buy like 2 pair of glasses per year, always something happen .. but no one scratch on my phone or tablet lol  

MEC4D said:

Ah, missed that somewhere then. Also good for cell phone and tablet screens... (Though I don't have the scratches there. Wonder why I can't get glasses made with Gorilla glass?)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    MEC4D said:

Glasses with Gorilla glass would be cool, I buy like 2 pair of glasses per year, always something happen .. but no one scratch on my phone or tablet lol  

MEC4D said:

I wonder how heavy that would be. I always go for the lightest lenses possible.

Yeah, I get one pair from insurance every couple years. Thankfully there's Zenni for cheap replacements till the next exam.

Meanwhile my electronics die from all kinds of issues but their gorilla glass screens are perfect.

Love the scratched glass, will have to put that on Eleanor's lenses. Then see what some of your amazing metals can do for El's other form. :)

edited March 2016

You are right ..did not thinking about that , my glasses are very tin and light and the expensive one do not scratch so much but always manage to do it some way mostly when I drop it lol

btw here next promo, remember the nice dinner image from volume 1 shaders? now that call for a zombie apocalypse lol

used dirty cotton, rusted chrome, dirty glass, scratched yellow metal paint and jelly bean sugar for the old wine lol

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_15.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 923K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

WOW... brilliant promo hon!  You should do an identical one with everything shiny and new!  ;-)~

edited March 2016

Thanks Richard I did one year ago with volume 1 shaders see bellow ...the old scene from one year ago don't want to render in 4.9 some way all is black  not even light :( so I merged the props in new one but lost camera and lighting

RAMWolff said:

WOW... brilliant promo hon!  You should do an identical one with everything shiny and new!  ;-)~

file_2623583.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 454K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    MEC4D said:

You are right ..did not thinking about that , my glasses are very tin and light and the expensive one do not scratch so much but always manage to do it some way mostly when I drop it lol

btw here next promo, remember the nice dinner image from volume 1 shaders? now that call for a zombie apocalypse lol

used dirty cotton, rusted chrome, dirty glass, scratched yellow metal paint and jelly bean sugar for the old wine lol

barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

MEC4D said:

Yum, so appetising ... so glad not had breakfast yet ... wink

edited March 2016

Getting these (I still need set one...) is gonna be murder on my wallet. But this is definitely the kind of thing one can use to entirely redo a scene. Be interesting to use these shaders on some of the really old content in my library and make it look brand new. (Brand new as content anyway. depending on the set, aged and broken down in appearance is entirely the point. :) )

Post edited by TesseractSpace on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

That's just brilliant Cath... same scene comparisons are so fun to look at!  :-)

The vol.1 is a standard base everyone should have as there are most important metal base you use mostly everytime .. vol.2 is more in the Very USED section regarding to metal 

Getting these (I still need set one...) is gonna be murder on my wallet. But this is definitely the kind of thing one can use to entirely redo a scene. Be interesting to use these shaders on some of the really old content in my library and make it look brand new. (Brand new as content anyway. depending on the set, aged and broken down in appearance is entirely the point. :) )

Thanks Richard ... more promos on the way 

RAMWolff said:

That's just brilliant Cath... same scene comparisons are so fun to look at!  :-)

Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_18.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 479K
    Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_17.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 560K
    edited March 2016
    MEC4D said:

The vol.1 is a standard base everyone should have as there are most important metal base you use mostly everytime .. vol.2 is more in the Very USED section regarding to metal 

Thanks Richard ... more promos on the way 

RAMWolff said:

Heh, given Eleanor's nature, both sets will likely be large parts of her definitive appearance when I have them to work with. :)

Edit: figure I should clarify, just for fun. El has two forms, human and what looks like a cyborg. Her mental state determines how inhuman her mechanical parts appear. If she feels good about herself, it looks like some kind of high tech armor. When she feels bad, she looks more Terminator-y. Her energy level when she transforms (and if she's sick or not on the rare occasions an illness can get through to her) determines how 'new' she looks. So, yeah, this set will give a real sense of how bad her day is. :)

Post edited by TesseractSpace on

@TesseractSpace sounds cool, and when she get tired she can rest on PBR leather couch lol   I have 2 more promos to make and I am done !

Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_19.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 744K

I'll admit a lot of her nature is an excuse for me to render her with as large a variety of cool stuff as I can fit in my library. :)

That leather is beautiful, but so far everything in this set has been. :)

edited March 2016

Thanks ! time for some outdoor quick lunch

Used

• Ice
    • Iced glass
    • Orange juice 
    • Table cloth
    • Aluminum Scratched 
    • Cranberry juice
    • Fake Crystal glass
    Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_20.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 650K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Cath, these promos are ridiculously great! No excuses for poor renders any more.

Thank you ! after the last 700 renders of simple cards and tests I have some fun again :) 

fastbike1 said:

Cath, these promos are ridiculously great! No excuses for poor renders any more.

Can't imagine how many test renders a set this big must have needed... 

a lot .. here next promo showing some of the construction shaders on the base DS model everyone have ..

• Wall1 sand stone blocks
    • Wall2 bricks + sand stone
    • Concrete
    • translucent plant ctr+
    Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_21.jpg
    1920 x 720 - 858K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    MEC4D said:

a lot .. here next promo showing some of the construction shaders on the base DS model everyone have ..

• Wall1 sand stone blocks
    • Wall2 bricks + sand stone
    • Concrete
    • translucent plant ctr+

What model is that? I can't even recognize it.

Alchemy chasm I think.