MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

145791047

Comments

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Here couple of my Urban parking HDRI maps for Iray I made in January, at end of April I am going to  capture most great places in Manhattan and behind scenes including Central Park NY

    HDRI4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 646K
    HDRI3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 865K
    HDRI2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1003K
    HDRI.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 976K
  • Perilous7Perilous7 Posts: 40
    MEC4D said:

    No problem, I can include some scenes as well , btw the shaders are always done for the basic light setup in Iray no matter Sky sun or Dome ..  It is PBR (sRGB) and should work from down to dusk , the only thing you can adjust in this materials are glossy roughness and scaling ( tiling )all other settings are final to keep it in PBR values , it will also working the same way in 3Dstudiomax and Maya with Iray or even in Octane  

    Cant wait to buy this it looks excellent! may i make a suggestion? when you release this pack could you please supply a few sample scenes with lighting set up , so we can see all the shaders rendered as you see them? sometimes we use different setups lighting wise which can drastically alter the look of materials :-) i know this isnt your fault, but once we can see the shaders as you do then we can start to progress and tweak things knowing that we arent fighting with our lighting setup :-)

     

    Thankyou for your time and eagerly await your release of this as it will make a massive difference to my renders :)

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited March 2016

    Thanks @Perilous7 

    here some Palm bark shader + CTRL + click translucent set for leaves 

    the atmosphere flare effect is iray Bloom filter 

    Palm tree model by JT from S-Alkair set

    Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_16.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 740K
    Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_14.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 747K
    Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_13.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 901K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,273

    You can't stop! That's great for us, but do you ever rest? laugh I keep watching the store to see if they show up. Not yet....

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Thanks .. LOL more is coming .. be prepared .. laugh 

    barbult said:

    You can't stop! That's great for us, but do you ever rest? laugh I keep watching the store to see if they show up. Not yet....

     

  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,032

    I thought applying the metals (on version 1) was/is a little tiresome. Hopefully, there's a better way (interface) to do complicated shaders in the future. Maybe it's not possible, but it sure would be nice if there were a more user-friendly way of doing them.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited March 2016

    My Custom Shaders are for Advanced DAZ Studio users that like to create stuff and make it's own new look re-texturing older sets, i is all about the fun doing it .. there are already interface called Surface Tab cheeky and I don't do Daz Studio programing you should contact DAZ with your feedback .

    any other additional interface will not do anything more or less ..  the only thing I miss under Surface Tab is preview of the shader it would make things easy and faster, but that is something DAZ programmers need to do and not I ...  until then you can use AUX viewport to view the shader with faster updates in place of Main viewport and continue learning the program and have some fun creating own unique ART with enthusiasm and positive energy . 

     

     

    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,032

    Cool ... thanks for explaining that =) Regardless ... I eventually buy your products. They are fantastic!

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Thanks for the props .. the vol 2 is much easier as all layers  are already mmixed so just one shader setup per button , all you need to adjust is the  right scale included in each section and that is all . 

    mcorr said:

    Cool ... thanks for explaining that =) Regardless ... I eventually buy your products. They are fantastic!

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited March 2016

    some of the promos from the sections

    1. Metals / Paint over Metals
    2. Cloth / Fabric/Leather
    3. Wood/Bare /Floor/Planks
    4. Food
    5. Glass /Glass Windows/
    6. Water
    7.  Ruber / Plastic/Latex
    8. Procedural Fabrics 
    9. Jeverly Stones
    10. Constructions 
    11. Organic /Plants
    12. Stones/Wall/Floors
    Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_7.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 923K
    Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_5.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 863K
    Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_6.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 969K
    Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 995K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

    A question, do your cloths use sss at all? 

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited March 2016

    Why you would use SSS for cloth ? for that you use backscattering (especially made for it ) or eventual translucent scatter and transmit .. SSS is volumetric it will kill the rendering time with clothing ,  all settings also depends of the cloth thickness too and material type

    Sorel said:

    A question, do your cloths use sss at all? 

     

    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

    Ah yes, I meant the back scattering 

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    here are 3 images , 1-2-3 choice the one you think looks most realistic  

    Sorel said:

    Ah yes, I meant the back scattering 

     

    1.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 583K
    2.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 622K
    3.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 630K
  • Squonk_99Squonk_99 Posts: 15

    Everytime I check this thread I am amazed.

    Are there any shaders left to do ?winkWhat will be in Volume 3?cheeky.

  • Tim NTim N Posts: 193

    I'll play: I prefer number three. The highlights aren't blown out, and there's a sense of thickness to the fabric that I like.

    Did I win?  cool

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Thanks mate , vol 3 is HUMAN / Alien form  all about eyes, skins etc ...

    c_ardizzi said:

    Everytime I check this thread I am amazed.

    Are there any shaders left to do ?winkWhat will be in Volume 3?cheeky.

     

  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

    2 and 3 both look pretty good.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Nice choice for a linen ,  but the fabric was tin organic cotton T-shirt ..( I should say it before ) and the logo is an light emitter bellow it so number 2 in the middle is actually the right one 

    the first use backscatering but personally I don't like it it is good for huge objects like clouds and stuff but not clothing, the second is translucent it allow the light pass and get out  

    the light is sun light so very strong that why the highlights especially on white fabric 

    so sorry for today you did not win .. but thanks for participating in   cheeky

    Tim N said:

    I'll play: I prefer number three. The highlights aren't blown out, and there's a sense of thickness to the fabric that I like.

    Did I win?  cool

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    Yes you are a winner good eye Sorel , tin cotton # 2 and linen  # 3  , # 1 is more for big cloths like curtains etc..

    Sorel said:

    2 and 3 both look pretty good.

     

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,273
    MEC4D said:

    the first use backscatering but personally I don't like it it is good for huge objects like clouds and stuff but not clothing, the second is translucent it allow the light pass and get out  

    Mall Girl for Genesis 3 Female(s) uses backscattering on some of the clothing surfaces. In bright light, those materials look bad, in my opinion - all washed out and dull. It is interesting to hear that you don't think it is good for clothing, because it sure didn't look good to me in Mall Girl.

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited March 2016

    Here are my cloth setting and no backscattering it just don't give you any function .. no shadows casting, anything that scatter are just the global illumination  ,  sky only  or dome HDR 

    see bellow, to me it looks just right and just 40 second per image .. 

    and part of vol.2 

    ghost side2.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 513K
    ghost back.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 552K
    ghost side.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 536K
    ghost front.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 505K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    here couple more examples 

    the first one is very fine fabric almost transparent ( by the light ) not opacity the rest depends of the cloth color and structure 

    excuse for the genesis skin it just from the library without proper shader

    ghost fine cotton.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 501K
    ghost camo3.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 654K
    ghost camo2.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 591K
    ghost blue.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 628K
    ghost camo.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 591K
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    here better resolution ... and ? 

    ghost fine cotton2.jpg
    764 x 1080 - 501K
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    I don't see any scattering there .. some of the materials will not scatter unless there is a right light source , back scattering should bring the light from back and scatter the surface , what this back scattering do is actually Top scattering putting top light on the low part of the model and low part light on top ..only Global illumination without any other function .. it was made to speed up stuff but really it do not much at all and is slower than translucent , and translucent is what most of the fabric are .. sometimes I am thinking the backs catering shader was merged wrong way into Uber Base .. I would prefer to have diffuse scattering in place or maybe that what it was originally but the function is altered .

    barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

    the first use backscatering but personally I don't like it it is good for huge objects like clouds and stuff but not clothing, the second is translucent it allow the light pass and get out  

    Mall Girl for Genesis 3 Female(s) uses backscattering on some of the clothing surfaces. In bright light, those materials look bad, in my opinion - all washed out and dull. It is interesting to hear that you don't think it is good for clothing, because it sure didn't look good to me in Mall Girl.

     

  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    here example of the wet dry fabrics

    wet-dry-fabrics.jpg
    1526 x 1080 - 948K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,273
    edited March 2016
    MEC4D said:

    I don't see any scattering there .. some of the materials will not scatter unless there is a right light source , back scattering should bring the light from back and scatter the surface , what this back scattering do is actually Top scattering putting top light on the low part of the model and low part light on top ..only Global illumination without any other function .. it was made to speed up stuff but really it do not much at all and is slower than translucent , and translucent is what most of the fabric are .. sometimes I am thinking the backs catering shader was merged wrong way into Uber Base .. I would prefer to have diffuse scattering in place or maybe that what it was originally but the function is altered .

    barbult said:
    MEC4D said:

    the first use backscatering but personally I don't like it it is good for huge objects like clouds and stuff but not clothing, the second is translucent it allow the light pass and get out  

    Mall Girl for Genesis 3 Female(s) uses backscattering on some of the clothing surfaces. In bright light, those materials look bad, in my opinion - all washed out and dull. It is interesting to hear that you don't think it is good for clothing, because it sure didn't look good to me in Mall Girl.

     

    The shorts have backscattering. Here is an example with backscattering on (as loaded by the material file) and off (I turned it off in Surfaces pane). This was lit with only an HDRI.

    Mall Girl backscatter ON-OFF.jpg
    806 x 375 - 316K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

    @barbult don't even see a reason for use it on it , the materials are too heavy anyway , but that what will happen , it will wash off the clothing colors , I tried on some clouds I was working on it worked better lol but for clothing..no thank you

  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    MEC4D said:

    here couple more examples 

    the first one is very fine fabric almost transparent ( by the light ) not opacity the rest depends of the cloth color and structure 

    excuse for the genesis skin it just from the library without proper shader

    These look really good :)
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,903

    I've tried to use backscattering a bunch of times, and I never like it on clothing. It just... reacts weirdly. Almost looks cartoonish.

     

Sign In or Register to comment.