New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• ArkiArki Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

Just replied via PM over at RDNA, zigraphix!

I'ld be willing to work on a conversion with Martin, but it really depends how much work it would be.
    I have absolutely no idea how dynamics in DS work...

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Arki said:

I'ld be willing to work on a conversion with Martin, but it really depends how much work it would be.

All I gotta say is "YIPEEE!!!!!"

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited September 2012

Arki said:

Well, I'd be one of your top customers if a union between your Dynamics and Daz Dynamics was made. So many of you outfits suit my fantasy book cover themes :D

Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Arki said:

HAPPY DANCE!!!

I LUV YOU, ARKI!!!!!!!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited September 2012

You got a sale from me too Arki! Hope it all works out. That's a fantastical set you got over there at RDNA!

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Will this be a conversion for V4 or Genesis?

Would really love to see something like this for Genesis.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Now that would be cool indeed. The new Angelic set at RDNA only has the sleeves and over skirt needing to be dynamic, I think it would be a wonderful start to a beautiful union if you both made it work in DAZ Studio. There is supposedly an issue with the wing armor for DS but they forgot we have that nifty smoothing and collision we can add.. no poke throughs that way! :-)
    Oh, thanks for mentioning it. I asked in a thread hereabout but didn't get any responses.
    edited December 1969

Yea, when I read that about the wings I just chuckled. If I can get ill fitting clothing to fit an old figure like Aiko 3 using the smoothing and collision then a new item like the wing armor should be no issue what so ever. I hope! lol

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

The main problem the wing armor has is the 'winghand' bones don't conform to the wing (the bones leading up to that do, however). So it's not so much a collision/smoothing thing as it is that the bone is angled off in completely the wrong direction. Now, you can go in and manually adjust the winghand bones, but it's an extra step that is a nuisance. I don't understand why just this one pair of bones (left and right side) don't conform when the rest of the armor bones do...

• ArkiArki Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

Will this be a conversion for V4 or Genesis?

Would really love to see something like this for Genesis.

To this point, I am thinking more of a version for V4, as the original outfit is.

• OptiTex_1206374OptiTex_1206374 Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Arki said:

You can not make a conversion from poser dynamics to Daz, you have to start from scratch again.
    OptiTex/Daz dynamic clothes is not made like Poser but is made like marvelous based on real sewing patterns like it is in real live.
    You have to make a real sewing pattern and sew it in the computer together, this work must be done in OptiTex and than you can bring it into Daz as a dynamic item.
    That mean in this case I have to make the patterns for this dress from scratch again and Arki has to make the amazing textures again and somebody has to make the Daz promos, all together a lot of work.
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    Arki said:

You can not make a conversion from poser dynamics to Daz, you have to start from scratch again.
    OptiTex/Daz dynamic clothes is not made like Poser but is made like marvelous based on real sewing patterns like it is in real live.
    You have to make a real sewing pattern and sew it in the computer together, this work must be done in OptiTex and than you can bring it into Daz as a dynamic item.
    That mean in this case I have to make the patterns for this dress from scratch again and Arki has to make the amazing textures again and somebody has to make the Daz promos, all together a lot of work.

For the patterns, I recommend starting from the texture templates for the over skirt and sleeves. They should be close to the shape that would be needed for an actual cloth pattern.

I have offered to remap the dynamic item to use the same textures as the original (as I did with Queen of Ages and the MFD). Starting from the existing texture template to lay out the pattern pieces will help a lot. I believe I also have a method to convert existing textures to the OptiTex mapping with a script, once the remapping step is done, which would solve the problem that the uv map reverts to the original if the drape is frozen.

I'm willing to do promos for this add-on, as well, though it will be up to Arki to decide if they are acceptable.

I think the effort is worth it for this set. Again, this kind of clothing is exactly the sort of thing many of us were hoping for with dynamics. I could see being able to use these pieces in all sorts of situations.

edited September 2012

zigraphix said:
    OptiTex said:
    Arki said:

For the patterns, I recommend starting from the texture templates for the over skirt and sleeves. They should be close to the shape that would be needed for an actual cloth pattern.

I have offered to remap the dynamic item to use the same textures as the original (as I did with Queen of Ages and the MFD). Starting from the existing texture template to lay out the pattern pieces will help a lot. I believe I also have a method to convert existing textures to the OptiTex mapping with a script, once the remapping step is done, which would solve the problem that the uv map reverts to the original if the drape is frozen.

I'm willing to do promos for this add-on, as well, though it will be up to Arki to decide if they are acceptable.

I think the effort is worth it for this set. Again, this kind of clothing is exactly the sort of thing many of us were hoping for with dynamics. I could see being able to use these pieces in all sorts of situations.No they are not similar because for clothing patterns you create the shape with darts and seams and in poser you can sculpt the clothes that is why a texture map from OptiTex or marvelous has much more panels than poser dynamics, but no problem I can make the patterns

Post edited by OptiTex_1206374 on
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

OptiTex said:
    No they are not similar because for clothing patterns you create the shape with darts and seams and in poser you can sculpt the clothes that is why a texture map from OptiTex or marvelous has much more panels than poser dynamics, but no problem I can make the patterns

Yes, I do understand that. All I'm saying is that if you lay out the patterns on the "fabric" similarly to how the existing texture template looks, it will be easier for me to remap the dynamic item to use the original textures. But I can deal with it either way.

edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    OptiTex said:
    No they are not similar because for clothing patterns you create the shape with darts and seams and in poser you can sculpt the clothes that is why a texture map from OptiTex or marvelous has much more panels than poser dynamics, but no problem I can make the patterns

Yes, I do understand that. All I'm saying is that if you lay out the patterns on the "fabric" similarly to how the existing texture template looks, it will be easier for me to remap the dynamic item to use the original textures. But I can deal with it either way. understand

• spidwebspidweb Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

It looks like the dynamic clothing (.daz files) can NOT be converted for use in Poser. Is that correct, or am I missing something?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

They can actually be converted, but you need both programs in order to do it, as you need to export as obj from DS and then use the obj to make a dynamic item in Poser.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Wasn't there a list of some of the freebies that had been converted, on the old forums?

Here's the ones on the Optitex site...

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebiePoser01.php

• eblankeblank Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

6 fantasy style textures for the horse blanket:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/64763/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Fantasy-textures

promo1.jpg
    700 x 990 - 141K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

:D
    Thank you!

edited December 1969

Hi all,

We had in Israel Jewish New Year and for next week Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) these are important holidays and I toke some day’s vacation with my family, but I am back again.

edited December 1969

eblank said:
    6 fantasy style textures for the horse blanket:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/64763/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Fantasy-textures
    Nice eblank
    edited December 1969

I hope your holiday was joyous!

• IndigoTeaIndigoTea Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Martin,

Delighted to see the new Genesis products, and looking forward to many more. Just one request from me at the moment; a pajama set for Genesis (M5/V5 scaling would be nice). Pajama pants a bit longer, cuffed sleeves for the top - I would absolutely pay for this as a premium product, and I'm sure others would as well.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

I would love to see just your every day, old fashioned Ptergyes...

You know, the "skirt" of leather strips used in traditional Roman and Greek armor.

There are many that come close but conforming "skirts" kind of "smear" the straps making them look wrong. The other alternative is bone rigging each strap but then its a nightmare of moving each one when the character moves or a labyrinthine task of working out trying to coordinate a tricky pose control set depending upon the location of the legs and body and possibly gravity and.... aww screw that.

Dynamic clothing is the only way to make it look believable and flow correctly.

Please, please, pretty please...

A Ptergyes?

:D

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

For something like that, barring one coming out from Martin, if I were rendering a static image, I'd probably export the posed figure as an obj and skirt/kilt as another one, then import it into Blender and run a cloth sim on it...then freeze and export.

Not the easiest option, but on something as esoteric as a ptergyes, the likelihood of a true dynamic option happening anytime soon is low...no offense Martin, but I think working on more common/popular items has higher priority than historically accurate armor, right? (though, I'd like a set, too...for Gen4 or Genesis...fiddling in Blender that way gets tedious).

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    For something like that, barring one coming out from Martin, if I were rendering a static image, I'd probably export the posed figure as an obj and skirt/kilt as another one, then import it into Blender and run a cloth sim on it...then freeze and export.

Not the easiest option, but on something as esoteric as a ptergyes, the likelihood of a true dynamic option happening anytime soon is low...no offense Martin, but I think working on more common/popular items has higher priority than historically accurate armor, right? (though, I'd like a set, too...for Gen4 or Genesis...fiddling in Blender that way gets tedious).

There are a lot of sets in the store with a roman/greek feel but they are all absent this one staple or have a some-what, sort of-close-to-but-not-quite working Ptergyes. Yet, if you look at movies like Gladiator or series like Spartacus, they are all over the place.

I would more likely export to ZBrush and use the transpose tool on it, but I would much rather have the option open for DAZ inside the program and ESPECIALLY if I wish in the future to animate it.

I dare say a Ptergyes along with a well done roman toga and senators robes may well give way to some Greek/Roman historical fiction. *smile*

Gladiator vs. Spartacus anyone? *chuckle* Or I, Claudius versus Caligula.

edited December 1969

In the realm of old V4 dynamics that would be nice to see re-rigged for Genesis (and I primarily use V5SM as my starting shape, FWIW), I'd like to see the Santa's Dress that is sold at the Optitex store re-done for Genesis. More specifically the Tights from that set, since they are the only set of stockings+garters I've found that work reasonably well with Genesis. I have used the Tights several times, and was struggling today to get them draped using Studio 4.5 in a new scene. For some reason, Studio wanted to spin my Genesis figure like a top trying to get from the "T pose" to the target pose doing an animated drape, and this buggered the physics engine into streaming the stockings out to the side (which makes sense for a spinning object). I ended up getting a static drape to work by manually adjusting the bones in the Tights_rig to approximate my target pose. This mostly worked, except for some reason the ankles kept exploding. They'd puff up waaayyyyy to large for shoes to ever fit over them. In the end, I had to hide the material zones for the feet and have the stockings cut off just above the ankles. I managed to match up some shoes such that this doesn't look too horrible, but it'd be much more ideal if I didn't have to hide the feet like this.

And I've read before that digits give dynamics troubles, but it'd be extra awesome if the stockings properly covered the toes, too.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Studio wanted to spin my Genesis figure like a top trying to get from the “T pose” to the target pose doing an animated drape, and this buggered the physics engine into streaming the stockings out to the side (which makes sense for a spinning object).

Having had that happen just last week.. I had her rotated 159 in the first frame and -159 in the last frame. That was causing her to spin around rather than hold still like I wanted her to.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I tried flipping the pos/neg on rotation, but it didn't help. It was spinning her on along both the x and y axis (think of a top wobbling just before it falls over on its side).