Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

Comments

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Regarding CIMAU, Did you install the Poser version or the DS version? I tried the Poser version and the arms were flying off with most of the poses. I installed the DS version and all the poses work. I'm using Carrara 8.5. I don't have the tied up product, so I couldn't try that one.

Hope that helps....

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802
    edited December 1969

yep, installed both of them.. same problem as you with arms and stuff flying off everywhere and deforming in the Poser version..

In the DS version nothing.. no poses or morphs work.. see my screen capture with the sliders adjusted

Tried in Carrara 8.5Pro & 8.0Pro both the same.. no work.. :-(
    Windows 8.1 64

noworkrobot.jpg
    1103 x 821 - 158K
    edited December 1969

Sorry-I wasn't using the dials---I do have the same problem. Very frustrating---only solution I can find is moving each bone one by one....

Not a good solution....

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited October 2014

hya Stezza, had a quick play, noticed the constraints are on full so nothing will move, taking them off I can raise wheel lower wheels blink raise antenna, pay my bills... so maybe that's it???
    using car 8.1

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited December 1969

hmm.. can you show a screen grab of where you mean..

I can't find it or anything that I change where I think it is does nowt!!

thx

edited December 1969

sorry, it makes a difference, but the thing is still screwed ...

Untitled-1.jpg
    1584 x 1415 - 320K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Ugh! In this day and age, why are they using a baked, friggin' reflection map for the eye lens thingy?!? Or am I seeing it wrong in Headwax's screen shot?

edited December 1969

I messed around with the constraints last night, but didn't have any luck. I just thought about removing the limit on the dial and setting it to 100 or 1000, just to see if that has any effect. I'm not at my home PC right now, so I can't give it a try. There was a snake figure (or something) I had a problem like this with once and I seem to recall that exceeding the limits helped.

edited December 1969

Played around a bit more..

HW that's where I have been fiddling with the controls with no luck..

The poser version in Cararra 8 works a smidgin but that's all..

Once you start to manually pose it unscrews itself totally lol

Salem, I hope you have better luck in getting it to work ;-)

EP it's just a texture map :-0

cimau_splits.jpg
    756 x 664 - 79K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824
    edited December 1969

3Duniverse Toon gramps, general aniblocks and poses.
    for main figures
    his own poses work
    they work in DAZ studio
    he has extra bones in carrara and shifting them out of the hierachy and deleting them freezes carrara
    is oddest thing I have encountered and driving me nuts

Daz latest release the Tassie Tiger doesn't work in Carrara

I submitted a ticket and has been confirmed... now we just wait

fool said:

3Duniverse Toon gramps, general aniblocks and poses.
    for main figures
    his own poses work
    they work in DAZ studio
    he has extra bones in carrara and shifting them out of the hierachy and deleting them freezes carrara
    is oddest thing I have encountered and driving me nuts

thanks Wendy :)

Stezza said:

Daz latest release the Tassie Tiger doesn't work in Carrara

I submitted a ticket and has been confirmed... now we just wait

thanks for saving us the hassle, obviously Daz doesnt know (I mean 'care')  how many ozzies use Carrara

bit sad really

• I shall wait until AM does a Poser version, he might now he can export LAMH as Poser hair, of course we will need to do our own hair but the Poser one should work.

edited February 2016

actually I was thinking of the Devil, I have the thylacine the facial parameters do not work but otherwise it dooes, it is fixable in studio thought if I recall from other stuff.

exporting as morph targets and resaving probably

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited February 2016

I had to use the free plugin for Carrara to get it to pose... it's an arduous long way round though, so I hope it gets fixed s**n

Tassie Tiger.jpg
    800 x 600 - 374K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited February 2016

Is connect only

solution wait a year and grab the non-connect version that will work perfectly well on G2F  in Carrara cheaper??????

http://www.daz3d.com/bandolera-for-genesis-2-female-s

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

(sigh) I could have used that outfit in a promo render, right now today. In theory I still could for Studio, but I won't buy it on principle. Ah well, not my loss.

edited February 2016

nevermind found it, free wallaby carcas by AM

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

G3M?  seems they got him working in poser11. 

did fenric retire?  was hoping for a plugin or something.

• Anyone else tried Reptilian 6? Having trouble with the legs and tail. I was able to get the legs to fit right by saving them as a figure in studio, but the texture maps are still all distorted. 

image.jpeg
    997 x 1080 - 254K
    Scarecrow said:

Anyone else tried Reptilian 6? Having trouble with the legs and tail. I was able to get the legs to fit right by saving them as a figure in studio, but the texture maps are still all distorted. 

Geografts always muck up uv's in carrara, JonStark's work around of fitting a second set to the first not the character and hiding the first is useable.

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    Scarecrow said:

Anyone else tried Reptilian 6? Having trouble with the legs and tail. I was able to get the legs to fit right by saving them as a figure in studio, but the texture maps are still all distorted. 

I was able to get it into Carrara 8.5 and everything works correctly. It took a lot of trial and error and I had to run it through Studio. Sorry, but I can't remember exactly how I did it. 

image.png
    1000 x 750 - 154K
  • ScarecrowScarecrow Posts: 167

So I just got the new dzfire asn model 4 mech. Another great model, but it seems to be having the same issue as cyber m4, where point at modifiers don't work right on the pistons. I'm going to play around with it some, but I'm guessing that I'll end up doing the same thing I did with cyber m4. I scrapped the rigging altogether and built a whole new skeleton with Carrara's bones. Then point at modifiers work just fine. 

wonder if the new widdershins has compatible weightmapping, or the new hunting drake.

Yes I have it, while it mostly works, needs a bit of tweaking IIRC was some oddness with propeller and an extra mesh

edited March 2016

thanks.  sigh

liking the cockpit of the plane.  or henpit, lol

mebbe i should get widdershins instead, might be less fuss

widdershins works fine.

the cockpit of douglas plane - gizmos dont move.  there's nothing to select to swing camera around in the cockpit.  

Post edited by Mistara on

The ironman Bowling alley

I might get a Poser DSON loader conversion obj or iClone obj export in yet with maps, but everything else freezes Carrara or requires to much reloading of maps.

the Poser DSON loader import misses parts of the Concession stand

FBX jumbles it

obj too many maps to redo

and duf scene subsets I saved freeze Carrara after adding a few to make complete scene certainly the complete scene does.

it exports ok in bits to iClone where I most likely will use it, have over 20 animated people in so far and not the least bit overtaxed yet so is not the mesh itself but prob the extra info in duf and DSON

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,082
    edited April 2016

The jeep that comes with the Gramps safari bundle by 3djoji needs to have the pose limits turned off on load or it will not work because of a zero scale.

http://www.daz3d.com/safari-off-road

and

http://www.daz3d.com/safari-bundle

Post edited by Diomede on