Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

1404142434446»

Comments

• BrianP21361 said:

It doesn't seem to be projecting the morphs onto the dress when I conform it to G8F. Is it because it's a DForce item? Any ideas on how to fix it?

yes

try using the transfer utility on it but bear in mind the legs will do weird stretching on the skirt 

you could use the transfer utility to rig it to a different nondforce skirt with posing bones and/or morphs

• Wendy,

I'm going to try the second suggestion. I just have to fuind a suitable skirt. 

Thank you!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,713
    edited December 2023

Lord of the Deep - https://www.daz3d.com/lord-of-the-deep

I converted this Beastie to blended weight, but it still did not work in Carrara.

Workaround

Open DAZ Studio and load the Beastie

Click on File Tab, then Export, export as Poser CR2 File (*.cr2)

Cr2 Export Options - click on Accept

You will get a message Non-Runtime path found, don't click on Choose Path just yet, and take a screenshot of the message so you can find the obj location.

Open File Explorer - In your Runtime - Geometries folder create a Lord of the Deep folder

Back in DAZ Studio - Click on Choose Path in the message, go to the file location you just created

An Error Packaging zip message will pop up, click OK

Open File Explorer again - Go and find the obj at the location of the screenshot, copy the obj file to your Runtime - Geometries - Lord of the Deep folder

Go back to DAZ Studio, open the cr2 file and save as a Scene Subset file. This is required if you want to use the Pose files that come with Lord of the Deep as I could not get them to work with the CR2 file.

Open the Scene Subset file in Carrara and apply a pose - have fun !!!

Lordofthe Deep location obj.png
    1327 x 688 - 349K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • good to know as I own him but not used him yet yes

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Thank you, Bunyip.  Will have to keep the CR2 option in mind more generally.  

edited December 2023

The dial movements are not working, the DUF poses that come with the critter work, and of course you can manually rotate the joints.

Lord of the Deep 2 movement.png
    2263 x 1033 - 412K
    edited March 23

Case of the Naked Trees.....

A number of landscapes that I have bought have a problem with the leaves for vegetation.

They are duf files and when they load they do not have their Alpha/Opacity maps for the leaves.

When I load the required maps, the result in the renders is that they become invisible.

Have tried a number of ways to adjust the maps but they always render invisible.

Also tried replacing the leaf textures with other leaves but still render invisible.

Any thoughts on workarounds ?

Render of trees with original setup shader and alpha mapped shader

Shader setup

Naked Tree 1.png
    3224 x 1033 - 525K
    Naked Tree 2.png
    3222 x 1035 - 655K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,836

UV wrap uncheck in vertex room

edited March 23

Woohoo - Case of the Naked Trees solved !!! Thanks Wendy !

Naked Tree 3 Solved.png
    2260 x 1035 - 614K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

I always forget to try the UV issue.  Thanks, Wendy.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,804
    edited March 27

took a bit of work but managed to get Predatron's Bizzle/Cowboy into Carrara after modifications.. yes

had to use the DS plugin to load the tail, boots and feet transfer to blended weight.. then duplicated each one and converted to object then transfer utility on each model to the corresponding object then save as scene subset.... phew.. smiley

result so far after nticking UVs 

Bizzle.png
    800 x 600 - 436K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

BrianP21361 said:

I purchased MightyMite DForce Dress for G8F and I'm putting it on G8F Carrara Beta with RawArt Massive Morphs in Carrara (first image). I loaded it in Studio changed the rigging then saved it as a scene subset. The dress looks fine in Daz Studio (second image) but has severe poke through in Carrara (first image). I've tried exporting by itself and with G8F and got the same results. It doesn't seem to be projecting the morphs onto the dress when I conform it to G8F. Is it because it's a DForce item? Any ideas on how to fix it?

In DAZ Studio, it's taking advantage of an amazing little feature called "Mesh Smoothing".

Mesh Smoothing allows the object to smooth itself, but we can also ask it to smooth against anything else in the scene - in most cases for clothing - the figure it's conformed to.

To counter this, there are several options - Carrrara's modeling tools by the first that I would suggest. Just load the whole thing in the default pose and work the mesh to fit and still look nice.

Philemo was working on a fantastic plugin that I no longer know where to find - NoPoke, which ended up being abandoned for the VDW <> Carrara Bridge, which is Amazing for making clothing fit.

Fit Control Absolutely ROCKS!!! The morphs won't work directly in Carrara, but I believe that, if you turn off Mesh Smoothing in DS, then loaded Fit Control and adjusted the clothing to fit and nudged a few dials that you might like to be able to use in Carrara, then use Fit Control to remove unused morphs, then save to the library for Carrara use, you'll have some really nice adjustment morphs to use during your Carrara experience. Just pick the correct Fit Control for the correct figure and go to town!

For my DAZ Studio experience, I bought Mesh Grabber Bundle (Win) (MacOS) to be my Carrara modeling tweak for within DAZ Studio. The really fun side effect of using that is that we can use it no matter how the character (figure) is posed and still be able to save the changes as a morph - also no matter what shapes are dialed up on the figure. It's a really nice mesh tweaker. Again, that's something you'd do in Studio first, then save for Carrara use.

Stezza said:

took a bit of work but managed to get Predatron's Bizzle/Cowboy into Carrara after modifications.. yes

had to use the DS plugin to load the tail, boots and feet transfer to blended weight.. then duplicated each one and converted to object then transfer utility on each model to the corresponding object then save as scene subset.... phew.. smiley

result so far after nticking UVs 

Beautiful turnout!!! Kudos!

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791

Dartanbeck said:

To counter this, there are several options - Carrrara's modeling tools by the first that I would suggest. Just load the whole thing in the default pose and work the mesh to fit and still look nice.

Philemo was working on a fantastic plugin that I no longer know where to find - NoPoke, which ended up being abandoned for the VDW <> Carrara Bridge, which is Amazing for making clothing fit.

Fit Control Absolutely ROCKS!!! The morphs won't work directly in Carrara, but I believe that, if you turn off Mesh Smoothing in DS, then loaded Fit Control and adjusted the clothing to fit and nudged a few dials that you might like to be able to use in Carrara, then use Fit Control to remove unused morphs, then save to the library for Carrara use, you'll have some really nice adjustment morphs to use during your Carrara experience. Just pick the correct Fit Control for the correct figure and go to town!

For my DAZ Studio experience, I bought Mesh Grabber Bundle (Win) (MacOS) to be my Carrara modeling tweak for within DAZ Studio. The really fun side effect of using that is that we can use it no matter how the character (figure) is posed and still be able to save the changes as a morph - also no matter what shapes are dialed up on the figure. It's a really nice mesh tweaker. Again, that's something you'd do in Studio first, then save for Carrara use.

Thanks Dart. I'll try those.