Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,082

The sale had several of those 'get 8 items for...' with choices from older content.  I loaded up on Koshini and Ichiro stuff.  

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824
    edited July 2023

cannot load the anubis and possibly some other heads on Micah (tried browser and load from file)

works in DAZ studio but not Poser7, most other heads work

may need to save it in D|S but since it does't work in P7 there may be other issues 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,707

WendyLuvsCatz said:

cannot load the anubis and possibly some other heads on Micah (tried browser and load from file)

works in DAZ studio but not Poser7, most other heads work

may need to save it in D|S but since it does't work in P7 there may be other issues 

Working fine for me ......

edited July 2023

yeah it's odd as actually none are working including the Lynx I did here

and not in Poser either 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

oh I think I know how I messed up

I used the wrong Micah cr2

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225
    edited August 2023

Could somebody PLEASE make a dForce plugin for Carrara?!!!

RT8CPD_BFT_GunsInTheAit01a117.png
    1280 x 720 - 300K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited September 2023

M-998 - https://www.daz3d.com/m-998

Front steering morph does not work, even when converted to blended weight.

Can manually rotate various items though.

M-998 1.png
    2261 x 1031 - 507K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802
    edited September 2023

Boffin for Mr Bobble works fine after weight adjustments and texture tweaks yes

Poses have to be redone without props to not get the error messages

Boffin in Carrara.png
    800 x 600 - 737K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Dartanbeck said:

Could somebody PLEASE make a dForce plugin for Carrara?!!!

vwd isnt too bad

I love VWD! My friend and I tried for over a month to get this hair working in VWD. No dice. Close, but without the gorgeousness it affords through dForce.

So... I just got an email notification on this reply. Woot!!! Someone's playing with the forum code!!! :)

edited September 2023

The Venomwhip | Daz 3D free at the moment.. just the usual texture adjustments and also pose fixing of the feet are needed.

VenomWhip.png
    800 x 600 - 548K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Dartanbeck said:

I love VWD! My friend and I tried for over a month to get this hair working in VWD. No dice. Close, but without the gorgeousness it affords through dForce.

So... I just got an email notification on this reply. Woot!!! Someone's playing with the forum code!!! :)

yep, they should play more often,

thanks for the headsup on the scorpion thing stezza (insert thumbs up pic here) 

edited September 2023

Now Crowd Billboards by Riversoft Art

I bought some of the 'crowd' products by Riversoft during the PA sale.  Finally had a chance to try them in Carrara.  Some good news / bad news.

Bad News - it won't work if you simply load the prop in Carrara.  It appears as a black plane. 

Good news - you can copy and paste the texture map from the crowd prop color channel to a Carrara splat.  You can then treat it like other splats.

Note - the functionality when combined with Riversoft's Studio Plugin for Now Crowds will be lost, such as drop to the ground, but I think Carrara features like surface replicators make it up.

aa load now crowd prop appears as black plane.png
    1061 x 803 - 56K
    aa02 shader tree can copy the texture map from the color channel.png
    746 x 585 - 112K
    aa03 insert a splat.png
    466 x 349 - 61K
    aa04 paste the crowd texture map to the splat color channel.png
    815 x 630 - 140K
    aa05 splat renders the now crowd item might still have to play with angles you want.png
    640 x 480 - 10K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited September 2023

Here is a Carrara grid replicator loaded with 4 now crowd prop's texture maps transferred to Carrara splats. 

aa test render crowd.jpg
    800 x 600 - 34K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Sweet!

Dartanbeck said:

Sweet!

+1 yes

Diomede said:

Here is a Carrara grid replicator loaded with 4 now crowd prop's texture maps transferred to Carrara splats. 

thanks, I often wondered about those items yes 

• Stezza said:

Diomede said:

thanks, I often wondered about those items yes 

+1 yes

edited September 2023

Been having trouble getting the Morphs saved in Proteus to work in Carrara - https://www.daz3d.com/proteus-level-set-morphing

Morphs have worked on some critters but not on others - too early to tell if there is a pattern.

Two different workarounds.

Method A - Save as Figure (may need converting to blended weight as well)

In DAZ Studio with your Proteus morph dialed up, Save As - Support Asset - Figure/Prop Assets...

You will need to locate the Figure file in your Carrara install

Method B - In DAZ Studio Save as Scene Subset and update Morph location.

In DAZ Studio in your Parameters tab, click on Morphs, then click on the gear shaped icon to open the Parameter Settings.

In Parameters Settings in the Path down arrow icon, change Morph to Actor

Save the Morph in Support Asset - Morph Asset(s)...

Once done save as Scene Subset again convert to blended weight if required

Proteus save Carrara 1.png
    2443 x 1038 - 608K
    Proteus save Carrara 2.png
    3840 x 1040 - 1M
    Proteus save Carrara 4.png
    2438 x 1035 - 680K
    Proteus save Carrara 3.png
    2448 x 1033 - 631K
    Proteus save Carrara 5.png
    2443 x 1028 - 667K

The best part about Method B is that you'll still have the ability to use other morphs made for whichever figure you made the custom morf for as well as maintaining compatibility with everything for that figure.

Method A would take that all away.

Very cool Bunyip02!!! Glad to see these examples!

As for Method B, you probably shouldn't have to change the morph location from "Morph" to "Actor". Morph is accebtable. We just have to remember to Save As > Figure/Prop Asset > Morph Asset

Dartanbeck said:

The best part about Method B is that you'll still have the ability to use other morphs made for whichever figure you made the custom morf for as well as maintaining compatibility with everything for that figure.

Method A would take that all away.

Horses for courses, but B is my favourite !!!

Dartanbeck said:

Very cool Bunyip02!!! Glad to see these examples!

Thanks Dart !!!

Dartanbeck said:

As for Method B, you probably shouldn't have to change the morph location from "Morph" to "Actor". Morph is accebtable. We just have to remember to Save As > Figure/Prop Asset > Morph Asset

Hello Dart

With the Burrogen morphs, the "Morphs" location was working in Carrara.

With the Uhrag morphs, the "Morphs" location was not working in Carrara, it was only when I changed it to "Actor" that it was working in Carrara. Why ? That has got me stumped !!!

Thank you, Bunyip.  The 'change morph location' tip is especially enlightening for me.  Might come in handy for other issues as well.  I bought Alberto's plugin but have not tried it yet.

Diomede said:

Thank you, Bunyip.  The 'change morph location' tip is especially enlightening for me.  Might come in handy for other issues as well.  I bought Alberto's plugin but have not tried it yet.

Don't know exactly what is going wrong with the Morphs, maybe Gremlins are playing up ? Changing the morph location worked for the one's misbehaving.

Crazy. Back when I first started making the hair used in Just a Bit of Fun - making all those morphs for the hair, I discovered the DS <> Hexagon Bridge and Morph Loader Pro. I made my own morphs address and it worked perfectly. Been doing it ever since - making up my own names like "dBFX" and "Anim +" and....

They all worked great in Carrara. 

Something weird was going on.

edited December 2023

Classic Side Part Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 fitting to G9 - https://www.daz3d.com/classic-side-part-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8

Is a Fiber-Mesh hair that I obtained through my DAZ Advent Calendar.

Went through the normal process of converting to Genesis 9 and blended weight for use in Carrara - had a few issues along the way.

Issue 1 when fitting the hair to G9, the Hair Cap fitted properly but the hair repositioned itself in front of the face.

Adjusted the hair to fit none

Hair was then way above the head, lowered the hair till it met the head

After saving the blended weight hair as a scene subset and importing into Carrara, the Hair cap shader needed adjusting as it had no transperancy

Transperancy added to shader

Test render showed that the hair was a bit thin.

Used Fenric's Tree Duplicate on the hair - warning it takes a while.

Adjusted the duplicate size so that it was fractionally offset from the original

ClassicSidePartHair 1.png
    2448 x 1028 - 577K
    ClassicSidePartHair 2.png
    2446 x 1025 - 562K
    ClassicSidePartHair 3.png
    2440 x 1028 - 499K
    ClassicSidePartHair 4.png
    2273 x 1033 - 729K
    ClassicSidePartHair 5.png
    2265 x 1023 - 439K
    ClassicSidePartHair 6.png
    2265 x 1030 - 856K
    ClassicSidePartHair 7.png
    2273 x 1033 - 837K
    ClassicSidePartHair 8.png
    2278 x 1033 - 1M
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited December 2023

I purchased MightyMite DForce Dress for G8F and I'm putting it on G8F Carrara Beta with RawArt Massive Morphs in Carrara (first image). I loaded it in Studio changed the rigging then saved it as a scene subset. The dress looks fine in Daz Studio (second image) but has severe poke through in Carrara (first image). I've tried exporting by itself and with G8F and got the same results. It doesn't seem to be projecting the morphs onto the dress when I conform it to G8F. Is it because it's a DForce item? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Daz Studio.png
    1234 x 1168 - 297K
    Post edited by BrianP21361 on