The "The Weather Changes More Often than the Thread Title" Complaint Thread

1…3233353738…40

Comments

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,514
    edited September 15

    Oh, come on, there's got to be someone else here who isn't adverse to moderate/thoughtful tattoos.indecision  The naysayers are taking the air out of the room.

    I got my tattoos beginning at 45, the most interesting part of my personal growth.  Perhaps there should be an age limit for tattoos?  None before 40?  At 75 a 35 year old tattoo isn't too bad, but a 60 year old one suffers the slings & arrows of time quite a bit more. (I've seen more than one wrinkled blotch)frown  And perhaps 40 is the person's age when the word "thoughtful" finally actually applies?  And the nurse hanging over your bed at 90, doesn't give a d**n.cheeky

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038

    I have a couple of tattoos, with more planned when I have the money - have to prioritise funds unfortunately. So far, just the names of my children.

  • garrett_3dgarrett_3d Posts: 1,038

    On another note. Is it just me or are all laptop touchpads absolute shizz with minds of their own? angry

  • Minds of their own. Same with tablets.

    And phones. Especially phones.

    Regards

    Richard

  • Non-Complaints: 1. I downloaded all my renders and photos from my Rendo gallery, which I'd almost forgotten about & it was tedious. My oldest stuff wasn't nearly as cringy as I feared. 2. I have finally decided to see if I can make a tiny bit of money doing freelance art and writing for RPGs and am trying to figure out a portfolio. (See my new thread if you have advice). 3. I have discovered I can do Zooms for my state's job activity requirements for Unemployment. 4. Temps & heat indices are slightly down & rainfall slightly up. My hostas somehow managed to survive the worst, and my tomatoes I thought were dead seem to be slightly alive. Roses did the best.

    Complaints: 1. The first job Zoom I did was very vague and boring, although the host was enthusiastic. 2. The state thinks I am only worth $104/week, minus anything I earn at my part-time job 

     

  • garrett_3d said:

    I have a couple of tattoos, with more planned when I have the money - have to prioritise funds unfortunately. So far, just the names of my children.

    Do the names come first, and then the children?  Is that why I actually knew a man named Shirley?  (*Tailor made for the movie "Airplane".laugh*) 

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,514
    edited September 15

    Non-complaint:  I've taken trips down memory lane in my attic, reading 30,40,50 year old documents for work that I wrote.  Was I really that smart and literate?  Who was that guy?indecision  And my first "art work" was a pen & ink engraving style sketch of the campus at FIT (Florida Institute of Technology, not Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC) in 1968.  That pen work still holds up as half-decent.  Well, at least in my eyes.

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 2,406
    There are some people I think look really good with tattoos, particularly some women. I just don't think I would do it. Because I would change my mind later that day. I won't even install a paper towel dispenser because later that day I will wish it was somewhere else.
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 2,406
    Also, if I got fired from the law firm for having tattoos on part of my body that was covered by my skirt, I would wait till we were in court and insist the boss explain how they found out.
  • Transient Wisdom:  NEVER speak in absolutes.enlightened

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,567

    This is the goddess of naps.  Actually she is the queen of naps.  Don't want to stroke her ego too much.

    IMG_4163.jpeg
    250 x 304 - 30K
  • 3DIO said:

    @TJohn
    Same here (at least to a large extent).  I get why people like tattoos, but the problem with them, is 'permanence'.
    Why any woman would desecrate her body like that, knowing it to be permanent, is beyond my comprehension!

     

    Because they like it. That's literally the only reason necessary. 

  • Xyetzt said:

    This is the goddess of naps.  Actually she is the queen of naps.  Don't want to stroke her ego too much.

    Picture is the same as your avatar.  So, you ARE the queen of naps.cool  Tell me then, why can't I sleep through the night? 

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,514
    edited September 15

    Non-complaint:  Tomorrow is payday, yay!  Time to repair last month's overbudget status.  Thursday is laundry day.  Called bus dispatcher to make my pickup appointment.  He seemed to know my schedule pattern and asked "the usual?".  I replied "yeah, habits are what make old age survivable".   This is a 5-week "month" so budget needs to stretch more.  Note to self:  "Self, put the Amazon web-catalog away.  You really don't need that new fall jacket anymore, it's almost winter."

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,957
    edited September 15

    Almost my entire social circle is artists and hippies, and I love seeing how they decorate their bodies! Sure, not all of it is to my taste, but art is a personal thing as far as enjoyment, and it's not there for me. It's there for them. And so what if it's not still fresh and tight and perfect later in life? Neither is anything else! Your body is your temple, put up whatever wallpaper you like!

    Also definitely weeds out the dating pool, which is great! Anyone who doesn't want to date someone with tattoos... well the tatooed person wouldn't want to date them, either. Definitely a time saver. And they probably wouldn't be happy in a work environment that valued umarked skin more than skill and competence.

    Personally I don't have any ink... could never decide what I wanted, and hate needles. At this point I figure the stretch marks I got from my three kids are 'love tattoos'. :)

    Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,957

    zombietaggerung said:

    3DIO said:

    @TJohn
    Same here (at least to a large extent).  I get why people like tattoos, but the problem with them, is 'permanence'.
    Why any woman would desecrate her body like that, knowing it to be permanent, is beyond my comprehension!

     

    Because they like it. That's literally the only reason necessary. 

    Yup. It's only a desecration if she thinks so, since it's her body. Other people don't get to make that call. 

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,957
    edited September 15

    NylonGirl said:

    I won't even install a paper towel dispenser because later that day I will wish it was somewhere else.

    These days I'm a big fan of those removable adhesive velcro strips. No commitment necessary. :) 

    Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • Some comments from the discussion on tattoos were over the line and have been removed. Please bear in mind how your comments will be read by others.

  • I'm a charter member of the no ink club, because I'm not going to pay for somebody to stab me. cheeky

    Non-complaint:  I just downloaded 6000+ credits worth of mostly naked people from 3dsk and canceled my subscription. lol. Apparently I hadn't used it in a long time. Will I make any characters out of these people? No idea, but I paid for the credits so I was going to get my money's worth. I still have over 100 credits left, but I may just let those expire, since photo packs usually cost more than that. Anyway, the subscription wasn't that expensive, since I started it when it was on sale on Black Friday a few years ago, but I have other places I need to spend my money at this point. 

    Complaint: For the past week or so I've been having hip/leg pain that makes it quite painful to walk until it works itself out after a few minutes. It happens every time I get up from sitting or sleeping. And I'm not seeing my neurologist until the end of October. They offered to get me in with somebody else sooner than that, but it's a 45 minute drive to get there, and my daughter has to take off from work to bring me (we share a car). 

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,567

    LeatherGryphon said:

    Xyetzt said:

    This is the goddess of naps.  Actually she is the queen of naps.  Don't want to stroke her ego too much.

    Picture is the same as your avatar.  So, you ARE the queen of naps.cool  Tell me then, why can't I sleep through the night? 

    I am not the queen of night time sleep.  I cant sleep through the night, either. 

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 42,455
    edited September 16

    ...as to tattoos, none here and never had any. Nothing to do with "aesthetics as I have very sensitive skin that breaks out  in rashes at the slightest hint of dust in a room or dry cold weather and which also requieres using expensive mild natural unscented laundry soap.

     

     

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 10,816

    3DIO said:

    @TJohn
    Why any woman would desecrate her body like that, knowing it to be permanent, is beyond my comprehension!

    Are you equally confused as to why a man would "desecrate" his body with a tattoo? Would you even consider it desecration?

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,957

    Richard Haseltine said:

    Some comments from the discussion on tattoos were over the line and have been removed. Please bear in mind how your comments will be read by others.

    Thank you, Richard. 

  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,448

    If life gives you alligators, make Gatorade.

  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 4,955

    Re: tattoos: are you kidding? Seems like everyone has tattoos these days (though I don't). I'd have to excommunicate relatives if I had a harsh no tattoos rule. They seem especially big with young people these days. So, no, I've got no problem with people getting or having reasonably tasteful tattoos. I don't really have a plan to get one myself, though.

  • XyetztXyetzt Posts: 27,567

    Why will my shoes not teleport on my feet?

  • Because stuff doesn't teleport. There are no theories how, and no-one has done it. Yet.

    If you can find a way where it does happen, I suspect you will be a multi-billionaire in short order. And you'll deserve it too.

    Regards,

    Richard

  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 2,406
    We're just swimming in an Olympic size pool of alligators right now. And I intend to win the gold medal.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 6,140

    Can anyone explain why a small cat will walk over to a larger cat who is asleep and BITE them? And they are 'bonded male mates'.

    I sometimes think I have a young teen boy who hasn't figured out how to attrack the older guy he is wants to cuddle with.

  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 12,514
    edited September 16

    Xyetzt said:

    Why will my shoes not teleport on my feet?

    Which begs the question, do they teleport to other parts of your body?indecision 

    Or are you saying that they will teleport, but just not while on your feet? 

    Or are you asking them to teleport away while they are on your feet, leaving you standing barefooted, but it ain't happening?indecision 

    We're soooo confused.indecision

    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
Sign In or Register to comment.