MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• Perilous7Perilous7 Posts: 40

Cant wait to buy this it looks excellent! may i make a suggestion? when you release this pack could you please supply a few sample scenes with lighting set up , so we can see all the shaders rendered as you see them? sometimes we use different setups lighting wise which can drastically alter the look of materials :-) i know this isnt your fault, but once we can see the shaders as you do then we can start to progress and tweak things knowing that we arent fighting with our lighting setup :-)

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

No problem, I can include some scenes as well , btw the shaders are always done for the basic light setup in Iray no matter Sky sun or Dome ..  It is PBR (sRGB) and should work from down to dusk , the only thing you can adjust in this materials are glossy roughness and scaling ( tiling )all other settings are final to keep it in PBR values , it will also working the same way in 3Dstudiomax and Maya with Iray or even in Octane  

Cant wait to buy this it looks excellent! may i make a suggestion? when you release this pack could you please supply a few sample scenes with lighting set up , so we can see all the shaders rendered as you see them? sometimes we use different setups lighting wise which can drastically alter the look of materials :-) i know this isnt your fault, but once we can see the shaders as you do then we can start to progress and tweak things knowing that we arent fighting with our lighting setup :-)

Thanks Alex! :;) 

AlexLO said:

Looking amazing! You never dissapoint Cath. yesyes

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

*checks calendar ...* move faster, dammit! ;)  I may have Doc Brown's hair colour but I seem to lack his temporal abilities!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

I keep reminding myself not to get too lost in the March sales and leave something aside for this. ;)

Here we going into next section : Translucency and couple of previews

standard Waters, volumetric waters, gemstones, plants shaders etc..etc

Diamond.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 768K
    gummi bear.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 762K
    Ice.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 710K
    poison ivy.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 755K
    Snow.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 604K
    ruby.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 690K
    blue sapphire.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 674K
    Amber.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 660K

Just quick tip.. You got some old plants you want to edit for Iray, just select the material you wanna replace, hold CTRL and click on the desired plant shader , it will replace the settings and keep the textures and alphas intact

changing leaves before and after.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 894K
  • Ooooo, this is gonna be awesome. I've actually been using the ctrl + click method along with your PBS PVC plastic shader for leaves and grass.

MEC4D said:

Just quick tip.. You got some old plants you want to edit for Iray, just select the material you wanna replace, hold CTRL and click on the desired plant shader , it will replace the settings and keep the textures and alphas intact

now you will get some real leaves , however plastic reflections are not far from leaves it is just not translucent  

Ooooo, this is gonna be awesome. I've actually been using the ctrl + click method along with your PBS PVC plastic shader for leaves and grass.

MEC4D said:

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

<grabby hands> ;)

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

haven't you had enough of leaves this week?,lol, :) 

MEC4D said:

edited March 2016

yes indeed Stefan .. still love it :)P 

haven't you had enough of leaves this week?,lol, :) 

MEC4D said:

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited March 2016
    MEC4D said:

Very appropriate as spring is only a couple weeks away. Love the IRAY "Miracle Gro" effect LOL

Post edited by AlexLO on
    edited March 2016

Here some previews of the volumetric shaders

juices

candy

melted chocolate

coffee

blood

skinny milk

etc..

volumetric blood.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 760K
    candy.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 759K
    orange juice.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 731K
    hot chocolate.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 636K
    volumetric milk.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 674K
    volumetric water coffe.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 713K
    volumetric water murky.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 895K
    Post edited by MEC4D on

Man, how much is this sucker gonna cost! Sheesh!

edited March 2016

that is a secret for now ... but the set include 350 shaders half more than the vol1 

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137
    MEC4D said:

that is a secret for now ... but the set include 350 shaders half more than the vol1 

I think I'd better set some more money aside, because I'd hate to miss out on these!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Can't wait for this. Looks fantastic.

• Liquid shaders??? *falls out of chair*

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

Does it matter - you've got two kidneys, haven't you? If you know the right people, I'm sure you can find someone to give you a good price.

Well, I've been careful to save money aside (which is difficult, because I have no willpower) for whatever it is. ;)

edited March 2016

Yes and a lot of liquids ... I don't need to post oil preview ? you see all on the finale I just show  the most interesting

here I want to show you how the volumetric water work in action, since it is hard to  show on a mat ball  due to its low volume, the volume of the water is set proportional to the studio world so it will works in any sets you use correctly with the distance , how deeper the water is how more volume it  have creating natural effect , it is not clean water more like dirty murky water or brown , green algae kind of , also the higher lever you set the normal on your set how more algae dirt accumulation on the surface waves and the best thing of all it need maximum 300 iray iterations so not wasting rendering time .. also CTR+Click choice [ image : Ignore ] so you keep the normal or bump maps in your set materials

Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 727K
    volumetric water 8.jpg
    1405 x 720 - 412K
    volumetric water 9.jpg
    1399 x 720 - 435K
    volumetric water 10.jpg
    1404 x 720 - 479K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited March 2016

This looks great! I have sooo much to learn about shaders, etc. I can make some textures in a 2D software. Sometimes I am at a loss in Daz to get it all figured out. LOL Reading this thread helps a little. I also bookmarked it. :)

Post edited by Liana on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Just... wow :)

It's funny, I've done a lot of these things individually, but having it all gathered up, all tweaked right... wow, such a savings. (Plus a load of stuff I haven't considered/don't know how to pull off)

• Wow!surprise

Because you all so nice I will add to the package free 70 procedural fabric shaders I made last year when Iray show up in DS .. so you have total over 400 buttons to click soon ;P

I think you can use it well , it does not use textures so will not take space or memory ..  and here couple of examples

I hope you lile

Procedural Fabric1.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 897K
    Procedural Fabric2.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 718K
    Procedural Fabric3.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 1M
    Procedural Fabric4.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 730K
    Procedural Fabric5.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 1M
    Procedural Fabric6.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 915K
    Procedural Fabric7.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 955K
    Procedural Fabric8.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 900K
    Procedural Fabric9.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 998K
    Procedural Fabric11.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 678K
    Procedural Fabric10.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 938K
    Procedural Fabric12.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 801K
    Procedural Fabric14.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 882K
    Procedural Fabric16.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 743K
    Procedural Fabric15.jpg
    960 x 1080 - 845K

Some before and after promo with the new shaders on top

Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 657K
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

Cath everything looks awesome, I am so excited for these.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    MEC4D said:

Some before and after promo with the new shaders on top

Very cool...:) the detail already in the shader? Please forgive me I have a lot to learn yet. LOL