Runtime DNA Merges With Daz 3D

Comments

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

Seriously, though. What's the news on that list? I really prefer not to wait till last minute before figuring-out what I want before the clearing... -_-"

I have a feeling that a bunch may show up during the PC+ sale, judging by how a number of RDNA items showed up as DO/PC+ items...

• Does anyone know if Tate's Toon Bot Venus is going to make it over here?  I was hoping she would since Tate has a store here now, but she's still missing and she is still listed over at RDNA.  Anyone?  I'm debating going ahead and getting her, but I would wait if she is going to migrate here.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,739

Does anyone know if Tate's Toon Bot Venus is going to make it over here?  I was hoping she would since Tate has a store here now, but she's still missing and she is still listed over at RDNA.  Anyone?  I'm debating going ahead and getting her, but I would wait if she is going to migrate here.

That product is part of the current RDNA sale and they say the items in that sale will never return so I wouldn't count on it.

• That would be a shame.  There are actually a lot of Tate figures on my wishlist still over there and I was hoping to see them all over here.  Even the Gobbles are still on Tate's page over there and I know I wasn't the only one hoping they would find their way over here.  I can't afford to get everything on my Tate wishlist if he isn't migrating everything over here.  :(

Well because they won't return to RDNA or DAZ doesn't mean they won't show up elsewhere, but I have no clue about that.

It's strange though since some of Tate's products already have been moved to DAZ earlier, and the ones at RDNA looks like some really good ones of high quality which I imagine DAZ would like to have. Maybe you could ask him?  

• Just a note - DAZ is not the only place Tate sells

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582

Given this month is the Platinum Club promotional sale, now would be a logical time for LittleFox's and Capsces' "Furries for..." morph and texture add-on sets for Melody and Micah to finally appear in the store.  The base figures were placed in the Plat' Club section, so logically, the follow-up package would also be similarly categorized.

Agaim, I purchased the entire collection when they resided at RDNA, so it's no skin off my nose.  I just want others to enjoy the masterful design concepts of Melody and Micah!

Sincerely,

Bill

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Redfern said:
    Agaim, I purchased the entire collection when they resided at RDNA, so it's no skin off my nose.  I just want others to enjoy the masterful design concepts of Melody and Micah!

Me too...

...although, if anyone were to come up with new morphs/textures/LaMH settings etc. it would definitely make my bank card cry.  

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679

I just did a comparison of my RDNA orders vs whats here in my downloads and there is a significant difference of items that are not in my Daz downloads.  I get the impression that certain vendors may not make the transition to Daz so does that mean these downloads will show up somewhere else?  What are we suppose to do about these missing items?

-MJ

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,051
    MJ007 said:

I get the impression that certain vendors may not make the transition to Daz

Right.

MJ007 said:

so does that mean these downloads will show up somewhere else?  What are we suppose to do about these missing items?

Some vendors have moved their items to other stores, so you can contact them to see if it's possible to have your items added to your account there. But some items will be retired, so getting those from RDNA and making backups is the only option.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    Leana said:
    MJ007 said:

so does that mean these downloads will show up somewhere else?  What are we suppose to do about these missing items?

Some vendors have moved their items to other stores, so you can contact them to see if it's possible to have your items added to your account there. But some items will be retired, so getting those from RDNA and making backups is the only option.

Whats even crazier is some vendors are hosting at multiple places, so there's no telling where their items are gonna end up.  For example, Tate, who was already a vendor here at Daz, is a vendor at other sites.  Some of his items from RDNA has come over, and some have not.  So am i to assume the ones i own that did not come over, wont be coming over?

Does anyone know how long RDNA will still house ALL of our downloads?

-MJ

Looks like most of the "Furries for..." add-on presets and texture additions have finally appeared in the store.  Of course, the "face poses" won't be of much use until the base "Furries for Melody" and "Furries for Micah" are finally listed as they contain the actual morph dials.

At least we're getting closer.

Sincerely,

Bill

MJ007 said:

Does anyone know how long RDNA will still house ALL of our downloads?

At least until the end of 2016, as far as I've read. If you haven't downloaded your stuff yet this one may save you some time (it's free):

http://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/cd-rdna/

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

Does anyone own MA Iva V4? The description says that the skin comes with a tattoo option, but none of the promos indicate what the tattoo actually is...

• Redfern said:

Looks like most of the "Furries for..." add-on presets and texture additions have finally appeared in the store.  Of course, the "face poses" won't be of much use until the base "Furries for Melody" and "Furries for Micah" are finally listed as they contain the actual morph dials.

So that's why I was going mad trying to make them work just now. Thank you! I'll hope it's soon.

DAZ really should update the informationon on those pages. The pics talk about RTE still being needed, and they don't say that we need the "Furries for..."

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Redfern said:

So that's why I was going mad trying to make them work just now. Thank you! I'll hope it's soon.

DAZ really should update the informationon on those pages. The pics talk about RTE still being needed, and they don't say that we need the "Furries for..."

Amusingly - or not so much: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/24993/start

I had bought Furries for Melody at RDNA and it showed up in DIM, it has a new Readme - but it's not in the store ...

edited October 2016

Yeah, the "head poses" in the add-on presets like "Fox and Wolf", "Rabbits and Mice", "Bears", etc. are rather useless without the base package Kerya referenced above.  Of course, the textures will apply, but Melody and Micah will retain their base kitty/mousie features.  Conversely, one can obtain the various "orders" and "families" with the base package as it comes with the morph data and a crapload of "preset" face and tail poses without needing the "add-ons".  (You just don't get the textures.)  that may be one reason the "add-ons" were released first, hoping to obtain a few more sales that might have been lost if the base morph set was released earlier.

Really, they kinda' need to go "hand in hand", but what is one to do?

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
  • Kerya, amusing, and, I think, a hopeful sign we'll see it soon.

Redfern, I do wonder if the artists are getting email from frustrated buyers. I would've sent one if googling hadn't brought up this thread.

Certainly NOT the fault of Capsces, one of the two creators of this line.  She submitted a "DAZ friendlier" version (no PMDs) back last April.  This falls squarely upon the shoulders of the online store.

Sincerely,

Bill

• CapscesCapsces Posts: 465

I'm sorry about the backwards Furries release. I'm not sure why it went that way, but I will write Daz and see if I can find out anything. My poor old candy buckets didn't make it out in time for Halloween either.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,345

On the other side of things, I really hope the sale at RDNA of remaining items lasts a long time. I have a lot on wishlist there that I can't really afford right now

• CapscesCapsces Posts: 465
    edited November 2016

Yay! And the candy buckets made it in too.

The dog and equine faces are just presets for Furries. The equine set has a cow nose morph injection, but I believe that is included with the Cow set too. If you don't want the dog and equine options, they are not needed for anything else to work.

Post edited by Capsces on
    edited November 2016

Here's a small tutorial:

furries_tut.jpg
    631 x 1028 - 159K
    Post edited by Taoz on

Thank you!

• I must say my toon empire is expanding rapidly, meanwhile my wallet is cringing. I cannot resist the furries, furballs, fuzzies. I see many renders in the future for them, a few new books and lots of fun giving them personalities and things to do. Thank you for these great characters.

I must say my toon empire is expanding rapidly, meanwhile my wallet is cringing. I cannot resist the furries, furballs, fuzzies. I see many renders in the future for them, a few new books and lots of fun giving them personalities and things to do. Thank you for these great characters.

At least you can find free stuff for them here: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Figures

• thenotoriousjedthenotoriousjed Posts: 397
    edited November 2016
    Kerya said:

I must say my toon empire is expanding rapidly, meanwhile my wallet is cringing. I cannot resist the furries, furballs, fuzzies. I see many renders in the future for them, a few new books and lots of fun giving them personalities and things to do. Thank you for these great characters.

At least you can find free stuff for them here: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Figures

That is a cool thing about all these products. The support and free items given to them is great. I have been busy downloading and finding new stuff. This is my Gumdrops Werewolf from my newest book. Done with freebie textures.

wolfie.png
    1000 x 1200 - 464K
    Post edited by thenotoriousjed on
  • I wish I could get them all!  Unfortunately, I can't so, now, I'm trying to figure out what to get now and what to get later.  sigh  :(

• These furries say they're for Melody (the A3 version).  Is there another set for Melody 2.0? (V4 version?)  Or does this set also work with 2.0, or is the 2.0 version just out of luck?