Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Thanks for that @Linwelly, I'll go back to look at my light set up! Interestingly, I did another comic cover today which I used the "Kimberly Lights" from 3D Universe and I did get shadows for all my characters (which I didn't need this time!!) so I think I missed something with my lighting on the last one. Thank you for sharing :)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited April 2016

I finally came up with a render for LlolaLane's render a month challenge on the number two. Well the title is very creative "two"

as usually rendered in 3delight an no postwork this time.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/2c/60493acf43dc5e3eef7e1e0906bd5b.jpg

two.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 2M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

That's nice, Linwelly!  I like what you can manage to get done in 3Delight!

Thanks a lot, well it had a lot to do with the materials to work with, this one worked with thanks to V3digitimes advanced Metal shaders http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-metal-shaders. They are a bit complex at the start but really have high quality.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    Linwelly said:

Thanks a lot, well it had a lot to do with the materials to work with, this one worked with thanks to V3digitimes advanced Metal shaders http://www.daz3d.com/advanced-metal-shaders. They are a bit complex at the start but really have high quality.

That is a wonderful render Linwelly.  Really well done.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Beautiful!

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923

Excellent Render for Llolas Challenge! And a very good tutorial on the deformers. Well done!

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Those are beautiful rings, Linwelly.  Nicely done!

Thanks a  lot everybody!

@MN-150377 Mike wenn du meinst, das Inderesse besteht kann ich das Tutorial auch nochmal in die deutsche Form bringen, wird halt wirder einen Augenblick dauern. ( Ich finde es erstaunlich wie schwer es mir fällt mein eigenes Zeug in meine eigene Mutterspache zu übersetzten)

Mmm, definitely need to brush up on my German! I only understood about a quarter of that!

Linwelly, I forgot to ask if those were Stonemason's Japanese Maples in the background with some kind of water reflection effect near the bottom behind the rock?  If so, you looks like a great backdrop.  I was just curious because I might like to try and recreate something similar.

Mmm, definitely need to brush up on my German! I only understood about a quarter of that!

Linwelly, I forgot to ask if those were Stonemason's Japanese Maples in the background with some kind of water reflection effect near the bottom behind the rock?  If so, you looks like a great backdrop.  I was just curious because I might like to try and recreate something similar.

Me too but I think i got the gist of it.  Since my parents have been gone over 10 years now i never get to speak or hear German anymore so I am losing it in bits and pieces

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited April 2016

Die Deformer sind ein Grauen für mich. Eine gut geschriebene Erklärung wie Deine nimmt mir ein bisschen die Angst davor. Vielleicht schaffe ich es auch irgendwann die Deformer gekonnt einzusetzen. :-)

Ich vermute anderen geht es genauso, wenn Du Zeit und Lust hast kannst Du es natürlich gerne übersetzen und dem Deutschen FAQ hinzufügen. Bee freut sich bestimmt, wenn sie dem Inhaltsverzeichnis einen neuen Eintrag hinzufügen kann. ;-) Nebenbei bemerkt, Chohole hat auch einen Thread im Artstudio oben angepinnt um hilfreiche Betreige zu verlinken: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66544/list-of-links-to-useful-tutorials

Zumindest bei einem Tutorial bin ich schneller, wenn ich meine Notizen in Deutsch schreibe und hinterher ins Englische übersetze.

----

To make use of the deformer tool is still a pain to me. Reading a well written description like yours, was a bit of healing. Maybe the deformers and me become friends one day. :-)

Pretty sure others feel the same, so if you like to make a transalation for the German FAQ feel free to post it there too. I guess Bee is always happy to update the Table of Content. ;-) By the way, Chohole has pinned a thread on top of the Artstudio to link your helpful tutorials: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66544/list-of-links-to-useful-tutorials (Looking at Knittingmommy too! :-) )

As far as tutorials go, I think I am faster to write down my notes in German and make the translation in English afterwards.

@Sonja: If you like to hear German Language to refresh yours, there is one of the best Photoshop Artists I have ever seen: https://www.youtube.com/user/BrownzArt

Post edited by MN-150374 on

Mmm, definitely need to bruwellsh up on my German! I only understood about a quarter of that!

Oh well I put some spelling mistakes in to make it more interesting for you devil. As almost everything I type into my computer is in english, that seems to be already programmed into the movement memory of my fingers.

Yes in the background there are Stonemasons japanese maples. The setting is pretty much the same as in these renders http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1030633/#Comment_1030633

I just moved some of the trees around and added that waterpipe (which I'm totally proud about, as I made that myself with dformers but didn't have the chance to use it somewhere until now).

Linwelly said:

Mmm, definitely need to bruwellsh up on my German! I only understood about a quarter of that!

Oh well I put some spelling mistakes in to make it more interesting for you devil. As almost everything I type into my computer is in english, that seems to be already programmed into the movement memory of my fingers.

Yes in the background there are Stonemasons japanese maples. The setting is pretty much the same as in these renders http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1030633/#Comment_1030633

I just moved some of the trees around and added that waterpipe (which I'm totally proud about, as I made that myself with dformers but didn't have the chance to use it somewhere until now).

Ah, well, it was probably more of my rusty memory rather than spelling errors that caused most of the confusion.  laugh  I admit it has been awhile since I've used it and I only took two years of German as opposed to five years of French that I took.  I can probably read German better than I can write it and I would probably murder the grammar as I don't remember much of the rules there.  I'm trying to learn Swedish and I've found a few words that I already know because they are so similar to German so knowing it has given me a jumpstart.  I really should practice speaking more of the languages I know, but I honestly don't know anyone who speaks anything other than English or Spanish here in Florida.  I'll be in serious trouble if I ever make it back to Germany.  It was so much fun visiting the first time around being able to actually speak the language, although admittedly badly even back then, when the language was still fresh in my memory.

Thanks for the info on your backdrop.  I really like those Japanese Maples without the DOF, but they really look great in your image with DOF set up.  I had to go back to your image and look.  So, the pipe that looks like water coming out of a pipe is your dFormed cylinder that you did the tutorial about?  Cool! 

Speaking of spelling errors, I have no idea how I managed 'bruwellsh' in my post!  I'm thinking I really messed up with that one and actually went back to the original to try and figure that one out!  I had to laugh when I realized what you had done!  laugh

edited April 2016
    Linwelly said:

Ah, well, it was probably more of my rusty memory rather than spelling errors that caused most of the confusion.  laugh  I admit it has been awhile since I've used it and I only took two years of German as opposed to five years of French that I took.  I can probably read German better than I can write it and I would probably murder the grammar as I don't remember much of the rules there.  I'm trying to learn Swedish and I've found a few words that I already know because they are so similar to German so knowing it has given me a jumpstart.  I really should practice speaking more of the languages I know, but I honestly don't know anyone who speaks anything other than English or Spanish here in Florida.  I'll be in serious trouble if I ever make it back to Germany.  It was so much fun visiting the first time around being able to actually speak the language, although admittedly badly even back then, when the language was still fresh in my memory.

Thanks for the info on your backdrop.  I really like those Japanese Maples without the DOF, but they really look great in your image with DOF set up.  I had to go back to your image and look.  So, the pipe that looks like water coming out of a pipe is your dFormed cylinder that you did the tutorial about?  Cool! 

Speaking of spelling errors, I have no idea how I managed 'bruwellsh' in my post!  I'm thinking I really messed up with that one and actually went back to the original to try and figure that one out!  I had to laugh when I realized what you had done!  laugh

ok, now you have lost me, did I mess up your quote there? That seems to happen regularly when I forget to turn the touchpad off blush

as for the cylinder, no that is a totally different cylinder than the one from the tutorial, oh the cylinder might actually be pretty much the same but the dformer went a totally different way...I'm actually quite fond of dformersheart. I use them really often. I just noticed that I never published one of my most interesting dformer experiments (the render itself is more of a test situation that evolved out of the dformer experiemetn and developed into a test to make two different light settings work) so that sandy entrance to the rebel hideout is a cooperation of two deformers on one cylinder. another interesting experiment here was to use different maps for the displacement and the bumb map (or was one the normal map... need to look that up). As usual in 3dlight and some tiny bits of postwork in Gimp.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/97/c60c367ede4f533d8f702a37ee8a7d.jpg

rebel-hideout.jpg
    1200 x 849 - 1M
    edited April 2016

My quote with 'brush' spelled correctly.

Linwelly said:

Your quote with 'brush' spelled 'bruwellsh'!

I thought that was intentional!  It made me smile, too, when looked at with your comment about spelling mistakes!  But, I admit to being a little weird at times.  cheeky 

note: I guess you have to push the previous quote to see my part of the quoted text.  Relax, though.  Stuff happens!

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
    MN-150374 said:

Die Deformer sind ein Grauen für mich. Eine gut geschriebene Erklärung wie Deine nimmt mir ein bisschen die Angst davor. Vielleicht schaffe ich es auch irgendwann die Deformer gekonnt einzusetzen. :-)

Ich vermute anderen geht es genauso, wenn Du Zeit und Lust hast kannst Du es natürlich gerne übersetzen und dem Deutschen FAQ hinzufügen. Bee freut sich bestimmt, wenn sie dem Inhaltsverzeichnis einen neuen Eintrag hinzufügen kann. ;-) Nebenbei bemerkt, Chohole hat auch einen Thread im Artstudio oben angepinnt um hilfreiche Betreige zu verlinken: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66544/list-of-links-to-useful-tutorials

Zumindest bei einem Tutorial bin ich schneller, wenn ich meine Notizen in Deutsch schreibe und hinterher ins Englische übersetze.

----

To make use of the deformer tool is still a pain to me. Reading a well written description like yours, was a bit of healing. Maybe the deformers and me become friends one day. :-)

Pretty sure others feel the same, so if you like to make a transalation for the German FAQ feel free to post it there too. I guess Bee is always happy to update the Table of Content. ;-) By the way, Chohole has pinned a thread on top of the Artstudio to link your helpful tutorials: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66544/list-of-links-to-useful-tutorials (Looking at Knittingmommy too! :-) )

As far as tutorials go, I think I am faster to write down my notes in German and make the translation in English afterwards.

@Sonja: If you like to hear German Language to refresh yours, there is one of the best Photoshop Artists I have ever seen: https://www.youtube.com/user/BrownzArt

Thank you!  I do miss it....

Nice image.  I like the hidden rebel hideout idea!  And, I love dFormers! 

edited April 2016

There once was this bundle, I would never really consider to buy, because what would I ever do with a figure llike that... except it was available for less than 7$ for a pro bundle with skins and hair and a lot of rdiclulous skimpwear.

Yes I got myself the Lillith pro bundle. And as I was looking through the things I newly got there I found those boots...and they were ridiculous beyond compare. They were so ridiculous that I had to find a use for them and here is the result of what my twisted brain came up with:

Call me a goat ...    one more time

As usual in 3dlight, I added a lensflare in post using Gimp.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/73/3d915984b586bd3b2498c15b2a684d.jpg

call-me-goat.jpg
    1273 x 1800 - 2M
  • TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

With no heels, they do kind of look like hooves, don't they....

With no heels, they do kind of look like hooves, don't they....

I believe that was the intention of the designer, but then who knows what the designer of fantasy skimpwear have in mind with their creations.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Nice image Linwelly.  It looks great.  Took me a minut to realize the boots didn't have any heels.

I bought that bundle too for the exact same reason.  It was too good a buy to resist and the stuff in it might be good for kitbashing.

That's an amazing render!  I already had that set and those boots were part of an outfit I didn't think I'd ever use.  I don't think I would have come up with anything quite so brilliant!  Nice. There are a lot of things I like about this render.  You continue to amaze me with what you can do in it.

• Linwelly said:

I finally came up with a render for LlolaLane's render a month challenge on the number two. Well the title is very creative "two"

as usually rendered in 3delight an no postwork this time.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/2c/60493acf43dc5e3eef7e1e0906bd5b.jpg

Simple, but stunning!

Thanks everybody,

yes the kitbashing potential is high with that outfit, I mixed it up with the eastern riding gear for that render. The shoulder armor will be fitting for some dragon queen I guess and I have a feelling that Lilith will have a reappearence as one of the black chess peaces, she is kind of fitting to my black king and queen.

I busted out laughing at the title its absolutely brilliant!  Like you I broke down and bought that bundle because it was just too good of a deal to pass it, also with thoughts of kit bashing etc.  You did a fantastic job!

I busted out laughing at the title its absolutely brilliant!  Like you I broke down and bought that bundle because it was just too good of a deal to pass it, also with thoughts of kit bashing etc.  You did a fantastic job!

Thanks Sonja! I was chuckling a lot while making that, the best times of making art, having fun and making other people happy!

edited May 2016

So today was the 23. and unfortunately last issue of DS creative out, and though I'm sorry it stopped, I can understand the team! I never made it into the placing of the contests but participating always was a challenge and usually pushed me into trying something new (maybe I would have had a better chance with using techniques I'm already familiar with). Here is what I made for the last competition:

Keeper of shadows

protecting the well of dreams

as usual rendered in 3delight with some postwork in Gimp 2.8

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/83/a2d3a511824f1f0ec9eb09075c2e7a.png

I'm planning on making a tutorial on how to make those shadows on the wall (and similar stuff) yourself for May but as the weather is finally getting warmer my garden wants some attention as well it might take some time, so bear with me.

Keeper-of-Shadows.png
    1300 x 919 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on

LOVE that!  And yes, enjoying the process and making people smile is one of the best reasons to do this.

edited May 2016

Here is something that wanted to be made.

As the sun goes down

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/a7/365d2fbb615965797768241e8f072d.jpg

As-the-sun-goes-down.jpg
    1800 x 675 - 1M