List of links to useful tutorials.

ChoholeChohole Posts: 27,933

Post your tutorial link here, if it pertains to Art Studio type content.

Comments

• kathrynlochkathrynloch Posts: 378
    edited November 2015

Customizing texture mats in Photoshop for DAZ

• This is NOT Post Work allows you to customize textures before you render.
    • The custom Photoshop brushes I created and used in the video are available for free download (from my deviantART account)
    • This technique demonstrates fur but can easily be adapted to other situations.
    • Created for the WIP thread for the newbie contest - if you've visited that one this one is the same thing.
    • For personal use only! 

This is a video tutorial and because of the size, I posted it to YouTube ------> Click here  

Brushes are available here ------> deviantART.

Brushes were made in Photoshop CC 2015. I have a friend that uses GIMP and he said they were compatible but I can't guarantee that. lol!

If you have any questions I'll be happy to try to answer but start a thread in Art Studio so we don't clog this one.

Cheers,
    Kathryn

cover.JPG
    958 x 625 - 328K
    Post edited by kathrynloch on
  • MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 922
    edited March 2017
  • MiloMilo Posts: 478

LeAndra Dawn (she is featured in the user stories on the front page of Daz) has a patreon which she has very good postwork tutorial walk throughs, and on her home page has a free one. 

I posted information here about it

HERE: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/73090/postwork-with-leandra-dawn ;

Watch her work through the postwork of an image and take it to another level. 

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 494
    edited April 2016

This is a video tutorial and because of the size, I posted it to YouTube ------> Click here  

Brushes were made in Photoshop CC 2015. I have a friend that uses GIMP and he said they were compatible but I can't guarantee that. lol!

If you have any questions I'll be happy to try to answer but start a thread in Art Studio so we don't clog this one.

Cheers,
    Kathryn

Alas, the video link is dead...

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 7,241
    edited April 2016

Cheers,
    Kathryn

I'm not sure what happened to the old link.  It is still on her channel on YouTube.  Since she passed away, I don't think there is a way to update her original post.  Just click on the picture to view.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 3,425

Cheers,
    Kathryn

I'm not sure what happened to the old link.  It is still on her channel on YouTube.  Since she passed away, I don't think there is a way to update her original post.  Just click on the picture to view.

Very educational I really enjoyed

• All the links of the tutorials does not work. I can not open them.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 3,956

Actually, the only one I couldn't open was Kathryn's video, but she did pass away some time ago unfortunately.  Even so, the deviantArts page is still active.

• emmat6686emmat6686 Posts: 0

It seems that the links were broken already. I can not open them.

• Half LifeHalf Life Posts: 330

I posted a couple of quick tutorial videos to the new DAZ 3D Published Artists YouTube channel. These videos cover how to render out of Iray multiple "passes" (in this case separate passes for each light source) as EXR high-dynamic-range images -- which can then be composited in a photo editing app (I used Affinity Photo).

This is a very powerful technique for fine tuning your renders while retaining maximum flexibility in post-production.

Part 1

Part 2

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 170

Here's my oldie-but-goodie "Im too broke to buy fancy shaders" cartoon post-work tutorial.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 5,155

My tutorial to convert the materials of DAZ "7" female figures for use on Genesis 8 Female is live. Although it uses Victoria 7 for the tutorial, any "7" female figure will do.

[Tutorial] From Map Transfer to Material Presets

This is an easy to follow, comprehensive, step-by-step tutorial.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 18,489

Here's the get-to-the-point way to use GenX2. It tells you exactly where to go to find Generation 4 files when you do those for the first time (afterwards they appear in the dropdown), some tips on the settings based on the official thread, and where to find morphs once you're done. There's also a link to the best video (IMO) that moves right along and is very specific.  Be sure and take a peek while you're there at the following post too, which then discusses applying materials.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 18,489

I went into a lot of detail and changed the materials post, so it is a standalone tutorial. Preparing and Applying Material Presets for GenX2 Characters

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 1,771

A tutorial on using dForce on many items besides clothing. Available in PDF format as well. Work in progress with 22 topics to date and more to come:

How to Use dForce: Creating a Blanket, Draping Clothes on Furniture, and Much More

• A tutorial on how to get the most out of Biometric Expressions: Happiness and Joy! For Genesis 3 Female(s):

• itsikwitsikw Posts: 40

Rendering a scene for a 3D lenticular print 

I have published a short tutorial explaining how to render a scene to a sequence of images which can be then printed in 3D wirth the lenticular technique.

• IamUmanIamUman Posts: 10
    edited February 23

Post edited by IamUman on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 5,155

I've posted a mini-tutorial on using the DOF settings on the camera in Daz Studio. It shows each of the settings, what they do, and how to use them together to get the results you want. Lots of images, too. I've included the scene file, via a gallery page, only using items currently bundled with Daz Studio 4.10.

DOF Tutorial

• philebusphilebus Posts: 120

A look at some ways of creating pulp book covers.