Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

I noticed that too Horo, there's no ripple on that part of the water, I need to sort that.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Stuart: That's a real nice image, though I didn't see the fuzzy water until Horo's post. What I did question is the softness of those rocks. Because of their location, being eroded by water, wouldn't they have a real sharp appearance? I love the banding of those rocks on the right. That's a nice touch. And perspective, because boat size to rock size, really turned out nice.

Where you say you want to add ripples, looking again at the image, that's a very sheltered area, if the main body of water is off to the right. I don't think you see ripples as easily because of the suns' position. And because there isn't a reference like you have with the main mountain reflection. I think you'd see ripples only if any underwater structures were prominent so their images could be broken by motion.

• canyonmanterrycanyonmanterry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Drip, Drip, Drip. on this one. It had a bluer version of this one but I selected "All" and tried the rose water look. came out pretty good?? The splash is 2 boolean blended. the ripples I used terrain with my own molding. Something like the splash took lots of trials and error to make it look somewhat right.

The_Drop3_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 192K
    edited December 1969

@canyon: That's a real neat image. As I looked at it I could also envision an extremely large crater on some planet with a strange crystal structure at its center. Or an extreme closeup of a warriors' shield. Nice job.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

Interesting terrain. Creating a splash is challenging. Yours looks quite good for this scene.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

The long walk home.

House-on-Hill.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 281K
    edited October 2012

Thanks for the input. The "Long Walk Home" is very nice. home on the hill is something I like to try but still working on the basic. I haven't tried Horos particle emulator yet. to make a better 'splash'. Tools that I could pick up and use. I agree with Horo on the water and the Pelican, change the sky? to argue from another thread. Intel is best BUT AMD is affordable. I currently have Phenom 2x4 and 12g mem. working fine but slow O-well will upgrade soon. Thanks Terry. P.S I live Here. Even if this is not a render I will love to try to put my "backyard" in one

DSC00992_(800x533).jpg
    800 x 533 - 287K
    Post edited by canyonmanterry on
    edited December 1969

The long walk home.

That's a funny one. Hope this chap has a rope :)
    edited December 1969

@canyonmanterry - it's a photograph, isn't it? Could be a Bryce render but the clouds make me doubt it. Nice place to live, though.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

I could build him a staircase around the back of the hill.... or just pretend I already did. :-)

Meanwhile; Hazy Sunset

Foggy-Sun-Haze.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 299K
  • SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198
    edited October 2012

I thought i would give panoramic a go its a little tricky but i had fun

epic_journey_small.jpg
    1280 x 1237 - 854K
    Post edited by Sylverdali on
    edited October 2012

Horo said:

I could build him a staircase around the back of the hill.... or just pretend I already did. :-)

Meanwhile; Hazy Sunset @ BTheSavage64 beautiful scene love the misty atmosphere

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @canyon: That's a real neat image. As I looked at it I could also envision an extremely large crater on some planet with a strange crystal structure at its center. Or an extreme closeup of a warriors' shield. Nice job.

@GussNemo great effect it great exploring and creating got to love it
    edited December 1969

The long walk home.

@ TheSavage64 very realistic there is a lot of work in this one
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the input. The "Long Walk Home" is very nice. home on the hill is something I like to try but still working on the basic. I haven't tried Horos particle emulator yet. to make a better 'splash'. Tools that I could pick up and use. I agree with Horo on the water and the Pelican, change the sky? to argue from another thread. Intel is best BUT AMD is affordable. I currently have Phenom 2x4 and 12g mem. working fine but slow O-well will upgrade soon. Thanks Terry. P.S I live Here. Even if this is not a render I will love to try to put my "backyard" in one
    @ canyonmanterry so life like great aspect and lighting what a creation fabulous
    edited December 1969

Yes Horo it is one of my photos but I put it in there just for fun. I like to try to duplicate. I have used it in brushes. But that's a work in progress.

edited December 1969

@Dave: Long walk home is very good. I just realized how he gets home. You created a door at the base of that hill, that allows the person to walk down a tunnel to a circular stair case. Or, there's an elevator on the far side of the hill. Nice job. And Hazy Sunset. Very nice job. Great job with the haze to get just the right affects.

@silver: Love the render. Reminds me of air bubbles in oil. Or air in amber. Really nice.

edited December 1969

Horo said:

Meanwhile; Hazy Sunset
    That haze looks more like pollution to me, must be the colour. Otherwise nice render.

edited December 1969

Outstanding abstract. Love it. Great colours and forms.
    edited December 1969

To silverdoli. I like the abstact. colors contrast very good. To Gussnemo your segestion of making the the whilpool a crater is in the works. I also tried to make a Galaxy out of it. But it a little difficult I have a slow computer a Phenom 2x4, which I will upgrade soon. I also saw like Horo "How do you get in". But like a couple of building here at the Grand Canyon you must enter through the back? I,m posting another render. The silver planet is just there tell I put in Zeus or something like it. The pillars are from Rendosity I,ll grab whatever free. But I did purchase Bryce 7 content bundle today.

Greek_to_me_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 201K
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

Outstanding abstract. Love it. Great colours and forms.
    @ Horo thanks for the comment actually I started off with one of yours and Davids tuts .........How to create abstract voids By David Brinnen & Horo 2005 and thats what I ended up with an Epic journey.......... well I kinda went off the beaten track a bit with the tut, but i got the gist of what was intended I did do the tut and get the result ........... i just diverted a bit lol
    edited October 2012

To silverdoli. I like the abstact. colors contrast very good. To Gussnemo your segestion of making the the whilpool a crater is in the works. I also tried to make a Galaxy out of it. But it a little difficult I have a slow computer a Phenom 2x4, which I will upgrade soon. I also saw like Horo "How do you get in". But like a couple of building here at the Grand Canyon you must enter through the back? I,m posting another render. The silver planet is just there tell I put in Zeus or something like it. The pillars are from Rendosity I,ll grab whatever free. But I did purchase Bryce 7 content bundle today.
    @ canyonmanterry greek to me ........wonderful image and and excellent geometric composition
    edited December 1969

This the next installment of that theme. Still like to put a Zeus in their. but for now.

Greek_to_me2_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 162K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OK. I re rendered this one.

Changed the female figures pose.

Added a tad of DOF and softer shadows. Because I know Horo often tells me to abandon Gamma Correction, I did so this time, so not my normal soft watercolour effect.

Moongate_4_copy.jpg
    675 x 900 - 383K
    edited December 1969

@Chohole. I like this much better. the top sharper and the shadow from the child softer. She really looks like she angry.

edited December 1969

We have that gamma correction thread and I'm very interested to hear what others think.

edited December 1969

@canyon: I think your first image is great. The reflection of the pillars on the dais is great, as is the reflection of the pillars on the silver planet. Using the black to form the geometric is one thing that sets off the scene. But what I think is the key to that scene is the sky; which looks like a default sky. That sky gives the entire scene the illusion that it's floating, that it's a mystic place, a part of a fantasy story. Some may question that the horizon should have been adjusted, but I don't think so. It's that horizon that helps give the scene it affect. That's a very well done scene.

On the second image I question the snow(?) that comes up to the dais area. Were you going for snow or clouds? If it's snow on a mountain peak, then I'd bring out more of the mountain so you have a better base to place the snow. As it stands, the snow around the dais has a greater intensity that what's depicted around the base of the dais. Seems to me dais snow and mountain peak snow should almost look the same. And would you have green that high up? I do think the crystal dome is a nice touch. As is the reflection of the dome on the silver planet.

@Chohole: Ummm...would you hold your left thumb in that fashion? Is that woman that mad she's having hand spasms? And now, she does look fit to chew nails.

edited December 1969

O.K. I got rid of the dome. changed the clouds. and also changed the sky. There is SO much here to do. I mean change, munipulate. reuse. It,s almost overwelming. But that O.K. I only been doing this 3D stuff for only 2 month. Give me 2+ yrs then I'll get the hang of it. :roll:

Greek_to_me3_(800x404).jpg
    800 x 404 - 194K
    edited December 1969

@canyon: I like the changes, except I liked the other dome better. The one in the current image almost disappears because of the sky. Have you tried taking the snow changes and adding it to the closeup image with just the pillars? That's be interesting to see.

• dwseldwsel Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I haven't visited this thread for a while, but anyway:

@silverdali:
    I like the colour scheme of your abstract, as well as the details on the right of your artwork.

@TheSavage64:
    That 'house on the mountain' scene is really neat! The atmosphere and textures have a good taste. There are two things that imho might be changed:
    - lowering the scale of the tree that is 1/3 from the right of the image - that would bring more perspective illusion of depth on that area.
    - adding some fine bump to the grass - it looks a bit too flat for me at the moment

@StuartB4:
    The water has charming colour and I really like the shapes of the mountains.

@canyonmanterry:
    These shapes on 'Drip, drip, drip' are somewhat abstract and somewhat real, while the sky is quite plain to be realistic, and too blue to be abstract. Taking the scene to either of these direction would help it to be amazing surely.

This discussion has been closed.