Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited December 1969

@ David:
    Oh..Moby Dick... I love that movie, the Gregory Peck version....
    I love the special effects in it..the way they made move the whale..
    And specialy the last scene... in front you see the sinking ship in
    a raging whirlpool and in the distance you see Moby dick vanishing into
    the wide open sea...

Pic 1:
    From deep inside earth, the brothers Arma and Geddon, are ready to surface our planet...lol
    ( creatures made out of stones, 160 for each 80 stones fire an rock texture and 80 stones with glow material)

Pic 2:
    Stan: Shakespeare.
    Ollie: Longfellow.
    Ollie: What goes up the chimney?
    Stan: Santa Claus.

lh.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 119K
    arma.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 120K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

love your toons
    walking with fire ;-P

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Love coming here, so much diversity in the images people upload.
    Here's my latest over engineered contribution.
    DDR3 PC Ram. Each stick is made of 989 objects (1201592 polygons)
    Made from Bryce built in objects. No special lighting cos no matter what I do when adding lights, I'm
    never happy with the results. Just added 1 radial light and a sky with no cloud or mist and lowered the intensity
    of the shadows a bit.
    Text is from Elefont.

@ David Brinnen - gave up on the Spaghetti tin, will try another day.

DDR3_PC_Ram.jpg
    797 x 350 - 229K
  • dwseldwsel Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

@ @tlantis:
    Your 'The night earth went berserk...' (the city of fire) render is very striking. You've got great imagination, and your renderings are well executed.

@StuartB4:
    That kind of lighting and textures makes these RAM modules look very realistic. I think that adding some DOF would help the realism even more, when considering the scale of objects.

Post edited by dwsel on
    edited December 1969

dwsel_ said:
    @ @tlantis:
    Your 'The night earth went berserk...' (the city of fire) render is very striking. You've got great imagination, and your renderings are well executed.

Thank you very much...

edited December 1969

Thanks dwsel_.
    I keep trying dof but all I seem to end up with is really blurred images in the foreground and background.

• edited September 2012

@tlantis said:
    @ David:
    Oh..Moby Dick... I love that movie, the Gregory Peck version....
    I love the special effects in it..the way they made move the whale..
    And specialy the last scene... in front you see the sinking ship in
    a raging whirlpool and in the distance you see Moby dick vanishing into
    the wide open sea...

Pic 1:
    From deep inside earth, the brothers Arma and Geddon, are ready to surface our planet...lol
    ( creatures made out of stones, 160 for each 80 stones fire an rock texture and 80 stones with glow material)

Pic 2:
    Stan: Shakespeare.
    Ollie: Longfellow.
    Ollie: What goes up the chimney?
    Stan: Santa Claus.

Very nice and with a sense of humour [your toons]. Beautiful work Erich.

Well i have been playing around with MetaBalls. Over one million of them to be exact. Everything in this scene is made from MetaBalls except for the water and sky [i made the sky in the DTE on the cumulus SkyLab plane]. Well after 36 hours rendering i got an experiment done!!! I am not happy with it from an artistic standpoint for many reasons but it is interesting enough at this stage to be posted here. I am testing the Bryce limits for my work to be published in 2013. Also i am working on some products to market on DAZ - notably my BOIP kit [Bryce Optical Image Processing] - scheduled for 2013.

I have also discovered how to make CSG objects with reversed normals. These have great potential for many obvious and also some esoteric purposes, I include two images of those also.

I think it only fair to share with all Brycers how these objects are made [because i share everything with you as you should know by now - i keep no secrets]. So here goes: Create a Bryce CSG object. Multi-Replicate it 2 times exactly at the same size/position. Make one of them Boolean Positive, one Negative and one Intersect. Group all 3 of them and you now have all the normals reversed [facing inside the object]. If you want to make the object invisible from one direction do as follows: Make the reversed normals group Boolean Positive and add Boolean cutter were you want to cut it and make this cutter Boolean Negative. Group Cutter and the Group. You now have an object which is invisible from one direction perpendicular to the cutter plane.

Try the above experiments - it is good fun and opens up a whole new universe of Bryce creation.

B.T.W. i AM actually working on Part 5C and beyond of my ARDL tutorial [my puters are rendering it now!]. I have decided not to post anything more until it is completely finished. So there will be one more post with everything in it. Then Horo can examine it and give me advice as to were i went wrong and how we can improve it for others to learn from.

Kind regards

Peter

Inverted_Normals_MRD-12.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M
    Inverted_Normals_MRD-11.jpg
    800 x 800 - 360K
    Stone_Sculpture_[bbb].jpg
    1400 x 800 - 891K
    Post edited by pbudarick_4a3d2ac478 on
    edited December 1969

@ StuartB4...

extreme realistic render.. cool stuff

edited December 1969

@ Kine_magiK ....

Very nice renders... the top one is top

• edited December 1969

@tlantis said:
    @ Kine_magiK ....

Very nice renders... the top one is top

Thanks Erich,

The others 2 Images are experiments [they are NOT presented for judgement on artistic merit] show a discovery which to my knowledge has not been explained to Brycers though i am sure it is known to some people in the Bryce community!

Kind regards

Peter

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited September 2012

Peter, I did not know they were reversed normals (learning a new thing every day), but this was something tucked away in a corner of the Bryce Mentoring DVD called "one way surfaces" - a curiosity that it was difficult to image an application for. And yes, for me also, the top scene, very nice.

Erich, nice work you are really putting those coals to good use!

Edit: forgot to say, yes the Gregory Peck version. Also surprised how closely Richard Basehart resembled Ewan McGregor as he appeared in The Island.

DOF in Bryce, since the topic has been raised, consider the recent tutorials.

Bryce Depth of Field effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

Bryce Depth of Field effect - for less powerful computers - a video tutorial by David Brinnen

06-01_One_way_surfaces_example_file.jpg
    654 x 850 - 246K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Another Cthulhu render, using new lighting methods and a curvature response material.

Bronze_TA_test3.jpg
    615 x 800 - 190K
  • edited December 1969

Another Cthulhu render, using new lighting methods and a curvature response material.

David, you do some remarkable renders - you really demonstrate how powerful a tool Bryce is [and also reveal your remarkable skill in all of Bryce's domains]. Lets hope DAZ will keep Bryce alive for years to come. But i will tell you this David, if there was a God and if he granted me 1000 more years of life, then i could not even explore 10% of the potential NOW available in Bryce - Even if it was never upgraded again from Bryce 7.1 Pro!

As for the mentoring DVD you mention [re the "One -Way-Surface"], i don't buy any of that stuff because i have no money [ that does not mean that others, loaded with money, should not buy it and learn from it ]!. It is simply poverty that defines what i can buy from DAZ [and in the past when i had some money i purchased a lot of stuff from them including Carrara Pro and a lot of DAZ content]! I can figure out everything i need by trial and error [using stoicastic and scientific principles to keep the search time low]. I am a hobbyist and not a professional making money out of Bryce!!! All my work is original and i have no doubt re-invented the proverbial "wheel" a million times over. But there is nothing in Bryce - documented or undocumented - i can't find out sooner or later. It just takes time. I don't think anyone alive today conducts as many far ranging experiments as i do on a daily basis and have done so for over 15 years!!! I simply want to know how it works and WHAT IF. I have no insider knowledge from the Bryce Development Team - as i believe you and Horo have? It is all my own work and mostly struggles.

So i suppose my approach to Bryce has not been and will never be the "usual one". But i have been happy with my approach for over a decade without being bothered about the forums which i actually dislike.

Kind Regards

Peter

edited December 1969

Peter, I approve entirely of your approach, trial and error is best. Yes by participating in the development cycles then we have the advantage of being able to ask questions of the programmers - how much of the answers we understand is another matter... And yes, agreed, there is plenty of scope for discovery without further development.

In some ways, thinking you know the answer without testing it yourself (as such knowledge you may glean from forums may lead you to think - "oh this has been tried and it cannot be done") can in some cases thwart you from finding out that it just cannot be done because everyone has simply said so and no one has looked that hard.

Which is why I follow closely every post you make, because I know you are looking and turn over every stone you find.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

@David: That Cthulhu model looks great, but what makes it for me is the wooden base, that looks so real it's amazing.

Another version of the render I posted on the previous page.
    This time with volumetric clouds and Godrays.

Marshland-Godrays.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 173K
    edited December 1969

DOF in Bryce, since the topic has been raised, consider the recent tutorials.

Thanks David, will have a look at them.

edited December 1969

@David: That Cthulhu model looks great, but what makes it for me is the wooden base, that looks so real it's amazing.

Another version of the render I posted on the previous page.
    This time with volumetric clouds and Godrays.

Grim... nice clouds though, and god rays. Oh the base and indeed the source for the reflections (one of Horo's HDRI's - of course) http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-pro-material-showcase-2 top left corner thing, that material, with that base, and new TA scatter corrected TA optimised radial gel lighting (gel captured from HDRI via Spherical Mapper ). Render time... two and a half hours at 256 RPP, including soft shadow and DOF.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,154
    edited December 1969

Very nice renders all around.

When I was at this spot acquiring the photographs for the ForestPath HDRI, I had a very odd feeling. Now I know why. There is the ghost of a dragon. Can you see the Stanford xyzrgb_dragon?

dragi12.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 345K
    edited December 1969

The Stanford xyzrgb_dragon made visible by TA using a method of David's.

dragi11.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 314K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Very clever. :coolsmirk:

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

N1, Horo...Pareidolia at its best ;)

On looking at your picture initially without seeing the second one, I thought that there was hint of a dragon, or crocodile, at least. Can you see the croc's eye and open mouth? Perhaps this is the 'oldness' in your pic?

Jay

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I think this will be last version of this scene... Nigh time version... Just playing with the fake Moon in amongst the volumetric clouds.

Marshland-NightALTb.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 171K
    edited December 1969

@Erich - I love the Stan and Olli. The Arma and Geddon render reminds me of a render I made some time ago ( http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=3478 ) though it is completely different and much less elaborate. Great work with all the stones.

edited December 1969

@StuartB4 - these memoriy cards look very real, indeed.

edited December 1969

@Peter - I agree with Erich, the top one looks incredible. All made with metaballs, that's amazing. Yeah the semi-transparent objects. There are so many queer things that can be discovered in Bryce. That is, why Bryce is so much fun. You never know everything, it appears.

edited December 1969

@David - the Cthulhu on the stand looks excellent. In fact, it shows the character better than the one used to advertise the product.

edited December 1969

@TheSavage64 - I like your skeletton renders, the one with the god rays is very moody, the last one with the moon is also very nice.

edited December 1969

@Jamahoney - thank you. The effect is the result of transparency and slightly lower refraction index than air, a tiny bit of diffusion and specularity.

@Chohole - thanks.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Savage, your images are pretty amazing. They are crisp and powerful.

Horo, that is literally magical. Both renders of the dragon are stunning.

Atlantis, I love everything you are doing. There's no limit to what you can do.

David, as always the sheer magnitude of incredible-ness you produce on a nearly daily basis is so exciting to behold. Thanks for sharing!

Stuart, I am very convinced by these ram sticks. Brilliant Bryce work there in every way!

Dwsel, please do keep posting your research findings. You are onto something. I've curious what you will uncover as this is a line of discovery I have wanted to tackle but haven't had the time.

It's true that there is a great diversity of things going on with Bryce. it isnt just landscapes!

edited December 1969

Thank you Rashad, Horo, yes I wanted to get a decent render into the Cthulhu commercial thread to remind those in the commons just what Bryce can do for DS models - part of my ongoing campaign to convert DS users to our Brycey ways. ;)

This discussion has been closed.