There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

xyer0 said:

The promos for aurora's pose expansion look great! It was a good idea, I think, to pair a product with the golden ticket item.

Yeah, I keep trying to stop buying G9 products but those poses and props look really useful and realistic. I have three Aurora items in my cart now that work together. 

• mdingmding Posts: 1,143

I love that all brush packages are on sale smiley

• Catherine3678ab said:

Exchange rates are what's stopping me from jumping on all those sales. Need a good sale on gift cards with no crazy buy-in deals to make it worth my while. That or convince all the banks to go back to 1 for 1 :-)

Might have a better chance of getting the banks to do that, than getting Marketing here to simplify sales deals. 

• The end of the month is coming up this weekend; so that may be then end of the PA sale. Then again I wouldn't be suprised to see it extended. It could go either way. Nobody (except DAZ) knows for sure. Plan your budget accordingly.

• And remember your coupons! Not wise to wait for the very last hour on the very last day due to all the clocks.

Budget???

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 868
    edited September 2023

Budget. Hmmm. I definitely didn't stick to anything. My willpower took one look at the PA sale and laid down and died... blush (Edit: Maybe that's too extreme. I think it may have just booked a trip on one of those PW yachts to PW cliff house to only return at the end of the Holiday sales... wink)

Dog Puppy GIF - Dog Puppy Play Dead - Discover & Share GIFs

(No, this one's alive - it's just a too clever at playing dead. Gosh, it's too cute.)

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • That's so cute lol :-)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

Charlie Judge said:

The end of the month is coming up this weekend; so that may be then end of the PA sale. Then again I wouldn't be suprised to see it extended. It could go either way. Nobody (except DAZ) knows for sure. Plan your budget accordingly.

...my budget is already gone flat so I'm done, but I did manage to clear a number of items from the wishlist and pick up a few new ones..  All in all it was one of the better sales with the orange banner, tokens, and the Gold ticket discount all stacking together (including with my Daz+ coupons).  Almost felt like the good old Daz days again.

• Catherine3678ab said:

And remember your coupons! Not wise to wait for the very last hour on the very last day due to all the clocks.

Budget???

YES! I've forgotten about my coupons twice now. Very annoying! 

• Store credit is all long gone and the DAZ+ sale is coming up. We really need a good gift card sale, please.

• You know, the one thing about store credit is when "seeing how things look in the cart" and one sees "0" for the payment [because the system likes to use up credit first], if one is not careful one can hit "place order" before realizing that no, the item was not free ... store credit goes "poof" == remember RL requirements of 3 squares and 8 hours ;-)

...it would be nice if they adopted a similar format for the fall PC...I mean...Daz+ sale as they did for this year's PA sale. It was nice to have low priced items instead of xpensive ones (including bundles) unlock discounts for a change. . 

June's version of the Daz+ one was pretty sad and we don't need a repeat.. 

• jd641jd641 Posts: 429

This sale was good to some people but not to me, it was really depressing. I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally wanted to get the Amelia Pro Bundle because there was a way to get it uder $20 and I liked everything included and would use everything in there which has never happened with any PB I've ever seen before. I couldn't afford it then and by the time I could the stupid thing shot up to 70 freaking dollars...

So I sighed and gave up on that idea and wanted to get the Van Helsing Pro Bundle instead, With a combo of coupon and some other store discounts the PB came out to $26 dollars but I was short just $4. So by the time I got the 4 I needed, the deals changed and it's now $30 so now I'm once again short by a few dollars and the funds that will allow me to afford the BP at the current price won't be here until Monday. So FML.

• I'll be honest I have pretty much barely followed/cared for this sale. I picked up a couple of the $2.99 items.

Outside of that i think one day I spent $13 (inc the 2.99^) and that was the peak, other than that got a handful of $1 characters from the lightning deals.

Pretty underwhelming stuff from my side, probably not helped by daz deals breaking for me, and not being able to filter for wishlist items makes me not botter to look at long lists of stuff I don't want to find something i wishlisted 

• theflarf said:

not being able to filter for wishlist items makes me not botter to look at long lists of stuff I don't want to find something i wishlisted 

I approached it from the opposite direction: looking through my wishlist for the 50%/65%/80% off items. Those are, incidentally, the same items that qualify for the "extra 30%" orange banner discount, and the 20% Golden Ticket discount.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,352

This has been a reaolly great  PA sale. Thanks PAs and DAZ.

Usually the DAZ+ sale is much better than the PA sale; but this year the PA sale has been exceptionally good. So, I wonder if the DAZ+ sale will again be better than the PA sale.

At any rate I spent so much in the PA sale that I really need a good gift card sale to start the DAZ+ sale

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,439
    edited October 2023

When I put an item in my cart (I've tried dForce MKPSSJ Suit for Genesis 9 and dForce Blood Hunter Outfit for Genesis 9), it shows as being $5.52 after my 2 tokens apply.  However, if I add my DAZPLUS coupon (the one for $6 off a Daz original), it says that I still owe $1.74.  This is incorrect, I shouldn't owe anything.  I was really hoping to use this coupon before the sale ends tonight, does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?

Post edited by Fae3D on
  • No, the same type of thing happened when I tried to use mine. So I haven't used the new coupon yet and that's okay ... there's usually a few sales in October when the coupons will work and we'll actually get more for our money [I hope].

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,352
    edited October 2023

Fae3D said:

When I put an item in my cart (I've tried dForce MKPSSJ Suit for Genesis 9 and dForce Blood Hunter Outfit for Genesis 9), it shows as being $5.52 after my 2 tokens apply.  However, if I add my DAZPLUS coupon (the one for $6 off a Daz original), it says that I still owe $1.74.  This is incorrect, I shouldn't owe anything.  I was really hoping to use this coupon before the sale ends tonight, does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?

No, you are not doing anything wrong. It is a problem of the $6 being deducted before some of the other discounts. You could report this in the report thread; but it is unlikely that it will be corrected before the sale ends. Since you want to use it before the sale ends, you could go ahead and make the purchase and then request a refund of the difference from customer service. Be sure to take screen shots of your cart before and after applying the coupon. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2023
    Missing the PA sale already - it was nice having good prices and a somewhat stable (compared to usual) selection of items, with simple terms for activating discounts, over a longer period of time. Spent a lot.

But the Daz+ sale... I own the doorbuster, so I get a lesser discount? And to make Daz+ for a Day remotely worthwhile, I need to buy a new release everyday? And obviously I won't have eight tokens everyday, so that extra discount will be missing most days...

Looks like there's barely anything in Build Your Own Bundle. And now there's three categories, with paragraphs of conditions - meaning business as usual again, probably. With a quick test, prices in cart seem to be a bit worse than the PA sale in general, for overlapping items.

Not off to a great start. Not that I mind *that* much - the PA sale haul should tide me over for quite some time. Be good for the wallet to get a break.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

I'm so sad that the items shown above the Daz+ For A Day category (as of the time of posting) aren't actually in it. I would LOVED it if those were the actual items.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,799

Please please please let this entire DAZ+ sale be as impenetrable (and therefore uninteresting) as this first day. I spent too much last month already, I don't wanna spend more! cool

• Hylas said:

Please please please let this entire DAZ+ sale be as impenetrable (and therefore uninteresting) as this first day. I spent too much last month already, I don't wanna spend more! cool

There may be quite a few of us reciting that prayer! Wow, that PA sale was totally brutal. I don't want to look at how much I spent... Well, best not to think about it. I'm pretty sure I'd have spent more, if I'd had more time to look through those endless pages of things. blush Time to just play with our new toys and make stuff!

• HeleneHelene Posts: 113

Daz+ for a Day
    Daz+ Members:
    Get them for $3.99 each

The items in the sliding bar below this are not $3.99 - some are full price, some are discounted, but not to $3.99. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,057

Helene said:

Daz+ for a Day
    Daz+ Members:
    Get them for $3.99 each

The items in the sliding bar below this are not $3.99 - some are full price, some are discounted, but not to $3.99.

The carousel doesn't show the correct items, those are not in the Daz+ for a Day category.

• I see it's been noticed by others too. The items on the sale pages are indeed not on sale. Full price ... if one puts enough of a whole bunch of products then some prices go down to under $10.

If this is the start of how this sale is going, going to be saving loads of money. Not buying "a whole bunch of products" to get anything discounted a few dollars, nope.

• This sucks if I already own the door buster item I get less of a discount than those who haven't bought it

• ElorElor Posts: 719
    edited October 2023

So, unlike Golden Tickets, Door Busters are only working one day. Good to know.

Robert Freise said:

This sucks if I already own the door buster item I get less of a discount than those who haven't bought it

(I'm not taking tokens into account and I hopefully didn't made any mistake calculating discount blush)

The cheapest way to get the Door Buster today is to buy the Daz+ textures pack, which means spending $ 3.12, but people are more likely to buy the Daz+ clothes themselves and in that case, it means they are spending $ 4.17 to activate the 25 % discount. On the other hand, you are getting the 20 % discount for 'free' (sort of, because you did paid for the item in the past).

In the first case, if you are spending less than $ 62.40 today, you are still spending less with your 'free' 20 % discount than them with their 25 % discount that costed them $ 3.12.

In the second case, as long as you're spending less than $ 83.40, you're also getting a better deal.

Post edited by Elor on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,547
    edited October 2023

Robert Freise said:

This sucks if I already own the door buster item I get less of a discount than those who haven't bought it

One can buy a product as many times as one wants.

I have also bought the door buster item before, but buying it the second time now, gives me extra $1.23 off with my $40 cart.

BoosterYes.PNG
    1020 x 455 - 101K
    BoosterNo.PNG
    1019 x 458 - 104K
    Post edited by PerttiA on

...well as I feared , not much better than the Daz+ June event.  

Yep after the PA sale, something of a letdown, particularly as most of the BYOB selection is some really old stuff. and no news Anniversary Bundles.