There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• Bog Off?

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Ugh, this sale is too good. Pretty much everything in my cart is under $2.00 at 93% off, most around $1.14, some under $1.00 but I put so much in, it's already $130 and it's hard to cull when everything is so cheap. I didn't get a gift card during the sale because I wasn't planning on spending much and now I'm kicking myself. I don't really need any of these things but I doubt they will be this low again any time soon. Lots of G3 stuff and I still like G3. Better than G9 really. 

• I want to thank all the artist-vendors and Daz3D for the ominous sale. (I'm assuming it's over this eve). Not only have they been wonderfully generous, but they've helped me get into better physical shape.

Every time I downloaded an item, (and there have been many many more than I've ever bought before in this amount of time), I've exercised while it downloaded. This wasn't easy, I've been a mess since RSV (speaking of abbreviations). Now I need to find a replacement excuse, because I feel 20 years younger!

Try it folks! We have all these new toys to play with. New reasons to stay healthy:-)
    Cheers!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

...wellI I picked up today's Golden Ticket item (and what a deal that was for 2.99$) which will become a "Headliner Gold Ticket" item for Monday and Tuesday.

• kyoto kid said:

...wellI I picked up today's Golden Ticket item (and what a deal that was for 2.99$) which will become a "Headliner Gold Ticket" item for Monday and Tuesday.

Yep, and Monday and Tuesday are usually double token days as well. So, maybe you you can pick up some good bargains and get extra tokens as well. 

I don't want any more tokens! I feel obligated to use them. And when prices are averaging around $1.00 in the cart, it's hard not to tempted to buy the whole store! 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,211

I don't want any more tokens! I feel obligated to use them. And when prices are averaging around $1.00 in the cart, it's hard not to tempted to buy the whole store! 

I understand. I had about $5 in my cart. I'd have to search for $5 of stuff to add to get a token. That token is only worth 5%. To recover the additional $5 I spent on things I didn't really care about just to get a token, I would have to spend $100 when I used the token. Then I'd just come out even. (5% of $100 is $5). I'm not going to spend $100 in a single cart in the next few days. I'm much better off spending only the $5 now and not getting any token. Then I also still have the $5 I didn't waste adding stuff I didn't care about. Tokens are a drug. Do the math. Think about what you are going to do with all that stuff you are buying. How much of it have you actually rendered since this sale started? How much of it is already pretty outdated? Can you really afford to spend that much on this stuff? People will have different answers to these questions, but for me, spending to collect tokens, so I can just spend more, is not a good idea. I think you have reached the same conclusion.

Charlie Judge said:

kyoto kid said:

Yep, and Monday and Tuesday are usually double token days as well. So, maybe you you can pick up some good bargains and get extra tokens as well. 

...part of the plan. 

edited September 2023

barbult said:

Wonderland said:

I understand. I had about $5 in my cart. I'd have to search for $5 of stuff to add to get a token. That token is only worth 5%. To recover the additional $5 I spent on things I didn't really care about just to get a token, I would have to spend $100 when I used the token. Then I'd just come out even. (5% of $100 is $5). I'm not going to spend $100 in a single cart in the next few days. I'm much better off spending only the $5 now and not getting any token. Then I also still have the $5 I didn't waste adding stuff I didn't care about. Tokens are a drug. Do the math. Think about what you are going to do with all that stuff you are buying. How much of it have you actually rendered since this sale started? How much of it is already pretty outdated? Can you really afford to spend that much on this stuff? People will have different answers to these questions, but for me, spending to collect tokens, so I can just spend more, is not a good idea. I think you have reached the same conclusion.

My iPad won't let me unquote for some reason so I'm responding in bold. [Fixed by a mod]

I didn't mean I bought things in order to get tokens. Just the opposite. I bought a lot of stuff that I just couldn't pass up at close to $1.00. Will I ever use it? Im definitely going to try. I'll never use everything I own in my lifetime though, that's for sure. I really tried to cull until the last minute but there was really some decent stuff, Midnight Stories, some Z poses for G3 I would never had paid more than $1.00 for but perfect at $1.00 or less. I got a mechanical dog. Maybe that will spark creativity. A cute helper robot, a retro ice cream truck. I never would have paid more for those random things but now I can think of something fun to do with them. A lot of it was G3 but I still like G3, much better than G9. I would normally not spend money on a product that is just boots or shoes alone, but for $1.00 I got the shoes and boots I've always liked but not willing to pay much for. I like a lot of the old products better than the new ones and don't really like G9. I find the textures/makeup a real pain to use. Also, I had stuff that had been in my wishlist for ages in that 80% off section. If I wasn't concerned about money, I would have purchased a lot more. But spending what I did gave me more tokens that are going to tempt me to buy more at 40%off and descend into a cycle of not wanting to waste tokens. 
    It seems like today's section is exactly like yesterday's so I guess I'm safe today! laugh

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    Post some renders of your creative use of some of those purchases. Maybe you'll inspire others to use what they bought, too.
  • I'm disappointed. The rotating banner says get 10% of your entire cart; but then with all the exclusions (gift cards, licenses, Gilden Ticket items, ,emberships, etc.) it really isn't my entire cart.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,466

Charlie Judge said:

I'm disappointed. The rotating banner says get 10% of your entire cart; but then with all the exclusions (gift cards, licenses, Gilden Ticket items, ,emberships, etc.) it really isn't my entire cart.

DAZ sales full of exclusions. I think taking away the exclusions would be a great perk for DAZ+ members. I might even reconsider my cancelling.  

• daveso said:

Charlie Judge said:

I'm disappointed. The rotating banner says get 10% of your entire cart; but then with all the exclusions (gift cards, licenses, Gilden Ticket items, ,emberships, etc.) it really isn't my entire cart.

DAZ sales full of exclusions.... 

Yep; but then they shouldn't claim "entire cart"

• My bank account and I have become the Drake Meme. One of us cringing "no no no!" and the other is nodding "yes yes yes!"

You can probably guess which is which.

• It seems like every year that at the end of the PA sale some sellers remove a few items from their store or close it completely. So, if you see something you want and the price is  right, now would be the time to get it if you can because it may not be there after the sale. 

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 870
    edited September 2023

barbult said:

Post some renders of your creative use of some of those purchases. Maybe you'll inspire others to use what they bought, too.

I'm glad you mentioned that. I've been feeling the need to be inspired to just try/use my purchases already, instead of just imagining what I could do with them as I throw them into my cart... blush

This has been a brutal sale so far. And sadly, there's only been shopping, hardly any rendering. Sure, time is in short supply, but I should be able to do some quick and terrible renders at least??

So I bit the bullet and created a render thread for all us too-busy-shopping-to-actually-render-all-of-it people or something like that. Hope we can keep each other inspired to just try things and upload our experiments.

Here's the thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/650936/render-your-buys-current-sale-2023-pa-sale smiley

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • SapphireBlue said:

barbult said:

I'm glad you mentioned that. I've been feeling the need to be inspired to just try/use my purchases already, instead of just imagining what I could do with them as I throw them into my cart... blush

This has been a brutal sale so far. And sadly, there's only been shopping, hardly any rendering. Sure, time is in short supply, but I should be able to do some quick and terrible renders at least??

So I bit the bullet and created a render thread for all us too-busy-shopping-to-actually-render-all-of-it people or something like that. Hope we can keep each other inspired to just try things and upload our experiments.

Here's the thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/650936/render-your-buys-current-sale-2023-pa-sale smiley

So far on this sale, I have spent an obscene amount of money that shall not be discussed - and don't have many renders to show for it. Posted one I did late yesterday on the new thread.

• Note: today's flash sale for 10% off carts over $100 includes gift cards. Not a great discount but better than nothing, especially for those of us who can't afford a big gift card right now.

But HU: For some unknown reson the sale expires 2 hours before DAZ midnight.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,549
    edited September 2023

Charlie Judge said:

Note: today's flash sale for 10% off carts over $100 includes gift cards. Not a great discount but better than nothing, especially for those of us who can't afford a big gift card right now.

But HU: For some unknown reson the sale expires 2 hours before DAZ midnight.

Yeah... Now I know, why I had to go back to the grocery shop and get the 150Eur prepaid CC... smiley

Post edited by PerttiA on

...yeah I spent more during this sale than during any others in the last year (including either the June or "shortened" October Daz+ events which have usually been my best sales) . 

All the discounts I received that stacked together (along with my Daz+ coupons) helped a lot but sent my bankcard into shock. Need to take it a bit more easy the for the rest of the month to make sure I can buy groceries.

Thinned out the wishlist though.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,081

Heads up for gift card hunters: there's one at the moment. Only 10%, but if you have/will buy golden tickets and are willing to top up a large amount, it gets to 20%.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,310

Am I missing something about this special DO deal, where you get $30 dollars off when you buy $200 dollars worth, or is the deal really as awful as it looks?

Basically I have to spend 200 on otherwise undiscounted DOs to get a total discount of 40%. That is a heavy buy in for a pretty bad deal.

If I buy DOs that are part of the PA sale they go in the cart at 90%+ off and I don't need to spend $200. Not a tricky decision which to go for, unless I misunderstand the deal.

• Havos said:

Am I missing something about this special DO deal, where you get $30 dollars off when you buy $200 dollars worth, or is the deal really as awful as it looks?

Basically I have to spend 200 on otherwise undiscounted DOs to get a total discount of 40%. That is a heavy buy in for a pretty bad deal.

If I buy DOs that are part of the PA sale they go in the cart at 90%+ off and I don't need to spend $200. Not a tricky decision which to go for, unless I misunderstand the deal.

it's actually not hard to run up a cart over $200 of things 90% off cheeky

it's a bloody big cart admittedly but if I could actually afford it I would  

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Havos said:

Except that the stuff at 90%+ off is not included in the $200 deal, or so I believe, I have not tested it. So you have to buy undiscounted DOs in order to trigger the "massive" additional 15% off.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,733

The text in the promo does not mention any limitation on which products you can buy to reach 200. The 30 $ offer is from a dedicated selection.

edited September 2023

Havos said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Havos said:

Except that the stuff at 90%+ off is not included in the $200 deal, or so I believe, I have not tested it. So you have to buy undiscounted DOs in order to trigger the "massive" additional 15% off.

The linked page for that sale has many very highly discounted items. Where are you looking?

Edit: Oh, I think I misinterpreted your question. Never mind.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,353
    edited September 2023

Havos said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Havos said:

From a quick test it looks like you can buy $200 worth of almost anything including gift cards and non-DOs to get the $30 off the linked selection of DOs. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Exchange rates are what's stopping me from jumping on all those sales. Need a good sale on gift cards with no crazy buy-in deals to make it worth my while. That or convince all the banks to go back to 1 for 1 :-)

Charlie Judge said:

Havos said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Havos said:

From a quick test it looks like you can buy $200 worth of almost anything including gift cards and non-DOs to get the $30 off the linked selection of DOs. 

If it includes gift cards then that would make it worth it, except of course there is currently no discount on gift cards. I would prefer 15% off GCs than $30 of undiscounted DOs.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,725

The promos for aurora's pose expansion look great! It was a good idea, I think, to pair a product with the golden ticket item.