There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 110

Maybe it's me but $3.99 is too high a price for "oooh maybe that'll come in handy" or a "oh go on" type buy, and instead i'm thinking nah don't really need that. 

• I think if there'd been a longer gap between the PA and Daz+ sales I might be more tempted but remembering that just two days ago I got things way cheaper is not giving me the 'buy it' urge.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,057

theflarf said:

Maybe it's me but $3.99 is too high a price for "oooh maybe that'll come in handy" or a "oh go on" type buy, and instead i'm thinking nah don't really need that. 

Not just you. $1.99 worked quite well on me for "why not, it's cheap" purchases but somehow $3.99 feels much higher so I'm way more picky.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,547

Leana said:

theflarf said:

Not just you. $1.99 worked quite well on me for "why not, it's cheap" purchases but somehow $3.99 feels much higher so I'm way more picky.

That selection does have $1.99 items as well, which become $1.24 with a Debut New (and $0.74 with 8 tokens)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,897

absolutely nothing I wanted in the DAZ+ for the day selection even if it were 1.99 cheeky

I did consider today's Fantasy Queen bundle it comes down to $18 with the Doorbuster and my 1 token

but I really don't need it

• ElorElor Posts: 717

I suppose the goal is to make us buy something new, to get these items for $ 2.49 each, but it works only if someone's looking at enough of them to cover the price of that new item.

Last month last was easy to understand, but on the other hands, with the current one, I like that the main selections of items are not too long, so I'm able to look at them in a short time and decide if I'm buying something or not.

Among the various selections, the BYOD selection feels a bit too old for someone like me that started using Daz this year. Yesterday and today, I have at best 5 or 6 items than could be interesting, other are simply too old and I have no idea how I would use them (my bank account is not complaining on the other hand cheeky).

Maybe the BYOD selection is more interesting for people who are more experienced at using DAZ, with a deeper library of items, and knowledge in how to use the older items.

• SapphireBlue said:

Hylas said:

Please please please let this entire DAZ+ sale be as impenetrable (and therefore uninteresting) as this first day. I spent too much last month already, I don't wanna spend more! cool

There may be quite a few of us reciting that prayer! Wow, that PA sale was totally brutal. I don't want to look at how much I spent... Well, best not to think about it. I'm pretty sure I'd have spent more, if I'd had more time to look through those endless pages of things. blush Time to just play with our new toys and make stuff!

Yup. Really need to replenish the stock of funds. I spent way more than anticipated on the PA Sale. Whilst part of me wishes they were all that good, another part is happy they are not. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,466

the new magician clothing doesn't have any shoes or boots... maybe that's part of the vanishing act?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,352

Robert Freise said:

This sucks if I already own the door buster item I get less of a discount than those who haven't bought it

Yes, it seems like somewhat of a slap in the face to us loyal members who have already bought a lot of items and therefore are likely to already own the doorbuster. 

Charlie Judge said:

Robert Freise said:

This sucks if I already own the door buster item I get less of a discount than those who haven't bought it

Yes, it seems like somewhat of a slap in the face to us loyal members who have already bought a lot of items and therefore are likely to already own the doorbuster. 

Actually... One gets both, 20% off for owning the Door Buster and 25% off for having it in the cart.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8366691/#Comment_8366691

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,079

Charlie Judge said:

Robert Freise said:

But you get that 20% without having to put a new release into your cart, so it's "free" 20% off. 

• Really could do with one of those deals where we get to buy bundles but for the price of items we don't have.

I remember when Daz_RAWB said they had that feature when the store got updated... they roll it out once every 9 months or so!

dortybassa said:

Really could do with one of those deals where we get to buy bundles but for the price of items we don't have.

The downside of that kind of sale is the way the price is calculated is pretty obscure: I never really understand how it was done when it happened during the summer.

Elor said:

dortybassa said:

Really could do with one of those deals where we get to buy bundles but for the price of items we don't have.

The downside of that kind of sale is the way the price is calculated is pretty obscure: I never really understand how it was done when it happened during the summer.

The base prices of the individual items are added together and compared to the base price of the bundle, this gives a ratio with which the individual items are discounted, plus the current discount of the bundle.

In practice one needs to have all but 3-4 items already to get the bundle price down to single figures.

• kyoto kid said:

...well as I feared , not much better than the Daz+ June event.  

Yep after the PA sale, something of a letdown, particularly as most of the BYOB selection is some really old stuff. and no news Anniversary Bundles. 

Yeah, noped past the new version of BYOB.  That, lack of Anniversary bundles, and increased expense & complication of D+FAD means I won't restart my membership until mid month payday.

• I'm waiting til there's something new that interests me and/or my tokens expire, which is Friday, to delve into the mysteries of this sale.

i have 10 hours to use my coupons. So far they will save me $1.40 ... 

sometimes the low price is so enticing, like the 50 cent items now being sold. But then I think, I could buy a few slices of bread with that 50 cents. Eaten and flushed with no longevity of use. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

...day 4 and I'm still haven't bought anything.

BYOB used to be 2.99$ for a total of 8 items, now it's 70% off and most much of it is really old items.

The Daz+FAD sale just doesn't seem as enticing as in past years.  I'm hard pressed to purchase even 2 let alone 3 items to get the Doorbuster to in turn get the extra discount.  It's primarily characters, poses, and dForce clothing (not purchasing any new dForce items for the time being as for some reason running sims tends to crash not just the programme but my system's display driver as well).

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703

kyoto kid said:

...day 4 and I'm still haven't bought anything.

BYOB used to be 2.99$ for a total of 8 items, now it's 70% off and most much of it is really old items.

The Daz+FAD sale just doesn't seem as enticing as in past years.  I'm hard pressed to purchase even 2 let alone 3 items to get the Doorbuster to in turn get the extra discount.  It's primarily characters, poses, and dForce clothing (not purchasing any new dForce items for the time being as for some reason running sims tends to crash not just the programme but my system's display driver as well).

I could not agree more. 

kyoto kid said:

I suppose you saw them, but if you missed them, since the beginning there always was a new Daz+ item among the new item, allowing access to the Door Buster for $ 4, or even less.

Elor said:

kyoto kid said:

I suppose you saw them, but if you missed them, since the beginning there always was a new Daz+ item among the new item, allowing access to the Door Buster for $ 4, or even less.

Yep, yesterday the Door Buster + The Daz+ new item were $3.01 together (without using tokens) 

Yesterday.PNG
    681 x 414 - 55K
  • Singular3DSingular3D Posts: 505
    edited October 2023

Sometimes the deals are a bit complicated. I have things in my wishlist and going through all the variations in order to understand if there are any savings is just too complex.

Nevertheless, I made some great deals in the last weeks. Still have some stuff in my wishlist waiting....

Post edited by Singular3D on

Singular3D said:

Sometimes the deals are a bit complicated. I have things in my wishlist and going through all the variations in order to understand if there are any savings is just too complex.

But, taking the trouble of figuring out the rules and triggers does give rewards not available in other stores.

During the PA sale, I bought minimum $120 worth per week, every cart was at least 90% off at average $2 per item
    This week the percentage discount has been 94-96% off per cart at average $1 per item.

• If you are getting the Karmen 9 Pro Bundle, don't forget to tick the boxes for Interactive and Print license. Will be added free of charge once ticked.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

@Elor, ...thanks for the heads up on that forgot they always have a new Daz+ item every day.  Of course for my needs it still has to to be something I will use.  If it's G9, horror, or ridiculous sexy "skimpwear" I pass on it, however bith of today's (Daz+ and Door Buster) items are useful.

Shopping's a pain when you are on a very alimited budget.

• Was there an orange banner or flash sale yesterday? Puzzled out the active offer for new releases - which didn't seem to be listed anywhere - but it was a close shave restructuring the cart and checking out before turnover. Thinking it might have been another case of "you have an orange banner but it isn't showing in your inbox." That or a still active flash sale that disappeared from the main page. Both have happened before.
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,340
    edited October 2023

The D+FAD was really interesting for me today. Finding 3 products for the Door Buster was no problem. And together with today's D+ item, it resulted in nice discounts again.

Post edited by caravelle on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Elor said:

kyoto kid said:

I refrain from buying stuff that I absolutely never will need/use to buy something that I don't need/will use, to achieve a 25% price reduction on stuff that I didn't buy when it was reduced to the same or even a lower price, without having to jump through hoops... Still got me a couple D+FAD items for $ 2.- each over the last days and managed to use my DAZ+ monthly coupons right at the start... 

• stelaristelari Posts: 74

doubledeviant said:

Was there an orange banner or flash sale yesterday? Puzzled out the active offer for new releases - which didn't seem to be listed anywhere - but it was a close shave restructuring the cart and checking out before turnover. Thinking it might have been another case of "you have an orange banner but it isn't showing in your inbox." That or a still active flash sale that disappeared from the main page. Both have happened before.

Something definitely kicked in, as I got the Karmen pro bundle down to $17.70 (with tokens, monthly coupon and some other new releases/door buster in the cart), so pulled the trigger with about 5 minutes to spare. Still not sure what triggered the extra discount though.