There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

joannajoanna Posts: 1,055
This discussion was created from comments split from: There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only.

Comments

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,055

jjoyner said:

Helene said:

When I put items from today's Flashback Sale categories in my cart, the discounts did not show up as I expected. 
    What I finally figured out is that the link above where it says Released Before 2021 and the link below that says View All Items lead to different pages.
    It would be helpful if DAZ is going to use release dates in their sales that release dates would show on the items. 

Thanks for the info about the two different links.  However, regardless of which of the two links I use, the extra 30% off discount is still not applied. I put two items from the legacy page into my cart at  $10.14 and $8.74, respectively.  An additional 30% of should have brought the two items to $7.10 and $6.12, respectively, but the itmes stayed at their initial prices.   :(

My understanding is that they're already discounted (65% off instead of 50%), so no extra discount would be applied after the cart?

My guess is also that they're putting the old items in a separate link, so that people don't have to keep scrolling to figure out where the discount starts, but they're all also available through the main link.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325

Cam Fox said:

marble said:

DAZ is certainly curing my addiction - I'm having trouble remembering when I last bought anythijng. I still look with anticipation at the new sales announcemts but they all disappoint. Firstly, I ignore all the conditional sales as I never buy New so all those sales conditional on purchases from the New categories areimmediately dismissed. Also, I don't have any G9 characters so that rules out most of the content less than a year old too. I keep hoping for G8 sales which are not conditional on buying G9 stuff but they are not playing my game. I've also cancelled my DAZ+ subscription - no point in it now.

The Daz Tokens have been the deal breaker for me. You need a good sale to stock up on tokens. You need tokens to get a good sale. No guarantees your tokens won't expire before a good sale.

You can only sometimes win if you're constantly spending money. I only target flash deals now and treat the campaign sales as off-limits.

Well with triple tokens on Wednesday it wasn't too hard to stock up 

• Richard Haseltine said:

miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

Question: how are Lahr & Neketa supposed to battle for the throne, meet (cute or not), etc., if he divides his time between 1940s Noir World and Barbarian Fantasy Universe and she's stuck in Pseudo Ancient Egypt Reality?

Barbarian Fantasy Universe usually has Pseudo Ancient Egypt, or you could have a Call of Cthuluesque deal with Ancient Egyptian artefacts stolen and taken to New York where they cause trouble.

_____

Coupon deals: I went for yesterday's scoop G2/G3 coupon because it was buy-in free (for the number I wanted), unlike today's. I just pass on those unless I am already planning on buying qualifiers & that seldom happens any more, especially when the possible triggers are only a handful of New Releases.

And this time I am going to try out what I picked up today.

Of course you would know how to get them together! Loved that.

I suppose The Doctor or a Stargate team could also help if you didn't plan on selling the art?

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 478
    edited August 2023

joanna said:

jjoyner said:

Helene said:

When I put items from today's Flashback Sale categories in my cart, the discounts did not show up as I expected. 
    What I finally figured out is that the link above where it says Released Before 2021 and the link below that says View All Items lead to different pages.
    It would be helpful if DAZ is going to use release dates in their sales that release dates would show on the items. 

Thanks for the info about the two different links.  However, regardless of which of the two links I use, the extra 30% off discount is still not applied. I put two items from the legacy page into my cart at  $10.14 and $8.74, respectively.  An additional 30% of should have brought the two items to $7.10 and $6.12, respectively, but the itmes stayed at their initial prices.   :(

My understanding is that they're already discounted (65% off instead of 50%), so no extra discount would be applied after the cart?

My guess is also that they're putting the old items in a separate link, so that people don't have to keep scrolling to figure out where the discount starts, but they're all also available through the main link.

OK.  That works out to 65% but that message is certainly not clear and is easily misinterpreted.  Better than advertising an extra 30% off would have been to simply state 65% off the legacy items.

Post edited by jjoyner on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

jjoyner said:

Helene said:

What legacy page? Only these items will trigger the discount https://www.daz3d.com/massive-g8-flashback-sale#new-releases (9 items) 

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 478

PerttiA said:

jjoyner said:

Helene said:

What legacy page? Only these items will trigger the discount https://www.daz3d.com/massive-g8-flashback-sale#new-releases (9 items) 

I was referring to part of the URL for the page for the products from 2021 or earlier: https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-g8-character-items

• Not going to lie, the introduction of Daz tokens has almost completely obliterated my spending here. I don’t have much use for the Gen 9 stuff, and there just isn’t enough stuff that I want to maintain any kind of discount. So the increased base prices and weaker discounts just makes very little appealing here. 

Add to that the massive Interactive License price which I just assume is plus $20 (on a sale) and suddenly everything here is a horrible deal. Been hard to spend my $6 off Daz coupon, let alone the $6 off $18, which I haven’t spent in months. Also yesterday’s sale really showed me what I could expect price wise going forward with the Interactive Licenses too. Dark times ahead, but a very full wallet. Which I guess isn’t that bad… Actually come to think of it, thanks Daz! wink

• no noseno nose Posts: 300

another stoerwide sale? how many did we have this month?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,157

no nose said:

I don't know what makes this sale Store-Wide. What does that even mean? Is every store product supposed to be on sale, because that doesn't seem to be the case?

• no noseno nose Posts: 300

barbult said:

no nose said:

I don't know what makes this sale Store-Wide. What does that even mean? Is every store product supposed to be on sale, because that doesn't seem to be the case?

who knows what the definition is, with this store there seems to be no obligation to stick to consistency

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

I've seen store-wide sale used in real life and they meant just what is meant here. There are sales everywhere in the store, but it doesn't mean every item. It can, but doesn't have to. While I can understand wanting to be text to be more precise, someone will always find a way to say it doesn't mean what think it means to them.

• If Daz is too lazy to figure out how to tag just my wishlist items they will continue to strike out. 
    The summer flash grabby whatever doohicky sale looked interesting
    But there are well over a hundred pages to go through to see what in the various sales...  NOPE. 
    First sale in a long time that looked like I might be able to take advantage of it but I don't have the time that I care to spend or to WORK that hard to spend my money. 

• khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146

is grab bag coupon working ?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

khorneV2 said:

Not for me. Another waste of my time. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,443

why are some very new DAZ DO items at 66% off % . Then, I would assume they can be further discounted somewhow or another for good pricing...not including tokens because I dont have any. I think Mira 9 items. not sure if others. 

scorpio said:

khorneV2 said:

Do you have the required trigger item in the cart? 

Include any 'Summer Wrap Up' New Release
    over $5 in your cart to participate
    in the following savings below.

PerttiA said:

scorpio said:

khorneV2 said:

yea apparently this is the problem - but such a requirment is not stated above the selection and offer itself. 

edited August 2023

Did I find Easter Eggs?

https://www.daz3d.com/new-releases

Sort the list with "Price low to high"

Free4.JPG
    1658 x 543 - 137K
    Post edited by PerttiA on

scorpio said:

PerttiA said:

scorpio said:

khorneV2 said:

yea apparently this is the problem - but such a requirment is not stated above the selection and offer itself. 

It is said at the top of the page and applies to all the offers on that page. 

PerttiA said:

scorpio said:

PerttiA said:

scorpio said:

khorneV2 said:

Well so sorry but I didn't read the whole dam page I just went to the offers I was interesed in. Just another reason to stop shopping here. 

• ElorElor Posts: 691

I have a question about the Store-Wide Summer Wrap-Up Sale: will it work only one time regardless of the numbers of items per category or can the limits be spread on multiples orders ?

As an example, can I place an order for 5 2023 items, 2 2022 items, 8 2021 items and 12 items from "2020 and before" today, then, decide tomorrow to place an order with 5 2023 items, 8 2022 items, 2 2021 items and 8 items from "2020 and before" ?

In total, it's 10, 10, 10 and 20, in other words, the limit for each category, but spread on two orders: it respects the 'spirit' of the sales, but unlike the coupon at the bottom of the page (which cleary states that it can be used two times per customer, so up to 40 items, but if I use it for 5 items, then 7 items, that's it, I can not use it another time), there is no information for the rest of the sales (and I didn't think about that before, so I had no opportunity to check by myself).

PerttiA said:

Did I find Easter Eggs?

https://www.daz3d.com/new-releases

Sort the list with "Price low to high"

Nice find smiley

edited August 2023

Elor said:

I have a question about the Store-Wide Summer Wrap-Up Sale: will it work only one time regardless of the numbers of items per category or can the limits be spread on multiples orders ?

The limits are per cart.

As long as you have one 'Summer Wrap Up' New Release in the cart, you can buy as many carts as you want with 10+10+10+20 items from the four categories
    The GRAB-N-GO coupon can only be used twice, but that's not that good anyway as it's not stacking with other discounts.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • ElorElor Posts: 691

PerttiA said:

As long as you have one 'Summer Wrap Up' New Release in the cart, you can buy as many carts as you want with 10+10+10+20 items from the four categories

It can get costly very fast blush

Thank you smiley

• khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146
    edited August 2023

scorpio said:

PerttiA said:

scorpio said:

PerttiA said:

scorpio said:

khorneV2 said:

Well so sorry but I didn't read the whole dam page I just went to the offers I was interesed in. Just another reason to stop shopping here. 

Sorry i didn't read the top of the page either

Post edited by khorneV2 on
  • NotAnArtistNotAnArtist Posts: 367
    edited August 2023

I am so (mad)! I spent half the day looking for the items I could use, checking with another person for what she might like me to include in her book ideas... and now the coupon won't work... I finally think of checking here and find it's a comment AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE that relates to the (darn) sale at the bottom of the page... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Just dumped everything in the cart > Went to the freebies section and grabbed some items I'm interested in there, and I feel fine now:-)
    Have a great weekend!

(Edited by mod for language)

Post edited by frank0314 on

No triple tokens today?... Might as well save the store credit for the weekend

• Aw, bummer, not even double tokens. Today was the first day of the sale that there were new things (aside from the "golden ticket" items) that interested me enough to throw in the cart.

However, most of my tokens expire at the end of Friday, so I'll get motivated before the weekend - or not.

edited August 2023

PerttiA said:

No triple tokens today?... Might as well save the store credit for the weekend

Labor Day is Monday in the US and I was really hoping for triple tokens today so I could build them up for a possible Labor Day sale. I'm not sure what (if anything) DAZ will do for a Labor Day sale with the PA sale already in progress but I wanted to be prepared. 

Also I really need a good gift card sale before I can buy much more.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Aw, bummer, not even double tokens. Today was the first day of the sale that there were new things (aside from the "golden ticket" items) that interested me enough to throw in the cart.

However, most of my tokens expire at the end of Friday, so I'll get motivated before the weekend - or not.

Tokens expire 4 days after you receive them, not on Fridays specifically.

frank0314 said:

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Aw, bummer, not even double tokens. Today was the first day of the sale that there were new things (aside from the "golden ticket" items) that interested me enough to throw in the cart.

Tokens expire 4 days after you receive them, not on Fridays specifically.

True; but I think Paulawp is simplly saying that most of her tokens exprie in Friday and not that all tokens expire on Friday.