[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

Comments

• jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863

SickleYield said:

jepegraphics said:

RiverSoftArt said:

jepegraphics said:

I bought the Material Suit for G8M in the hope to be able to use some textures of G8M on G9, but everytime I try to make something with the male genitals, DAZ Studio crashes. I asked Sickle at DeviantArt for a step by step description how to and got following anser:

Set a custom action for your hierarchical mat script. There is a button in the scripts folder that does it for you.

Load your g9.

Load on a material suit preset with genitals on it. These are in People, not Scripts.

Select g9 or the full body suit.Navigate to the hierarchical material preset you want to use.

Select it in Smart Content or Content Library so it is highlighted.Go to the Scripts option above your top bar and click the custom action for hierarchical materials.It should apply the h. Mat to both g9 material suit snd the genitals conformed to the suit.

I did as suggested, I loaded the DEV Load G9, the Material Suit applied, the Material applied, but as soon as I touched G9 to change the shape, DAZ Studio closed, without a warning, it simply shut down, disappeared. Both, the public and the beta version. I am totally confused, why all the scripts, why all the suits as wearables and why there is no clear explanation in the PDFs how to? It works without genitals, but not with.

Are there any experiences or any tips what I did wrong?

That is strange.  I guess the first thing to figure out is if it is the Apply Hmap script or the mat suits themselves.  If you add the mat suit with genitals and just try to change shape, any crashes?  If you add the mat suit without genitals, apply Hmap, and THEN add genitals mat suit, any crashes?

Thank you for the reply, I assume the Hmat scrip works fine, also the Suit applies fine, but as soon as I touch G9 to change the shape, DAZ Studio crashes. When I apply the Suit without gens, all works fine, the Hmat applies,and I can change the shape of G9. Now only it is without gens - when I then try to add the G8 Anat Element Masc Suit, Studio crashes without warning and without any error message, it simply closes. It is frustrating. All gens versions don't work on my machine, the G8F/M with Masc Gens, the G8.1 F/M with Masc gens and also the single Masc gens suits. Funny that I seem to be th eonly one yet with that problem - odd with all the buyers! surprise

Well, it didn't happen for us, and it didn't happen in testing in QA either (sorry to hear from me again, lol, Riversoft sent me an email because he's also stumped). Can you tell me what character you were converting so maybe I can try it? I'd really like to help if I can. Your great male products are part of what made me want to be a vendor in the first place!

What is your version of Daz Studio, also? We developed it on a very recent 4.21 build, but it was the public one, not a beta or anything like that.

Well, I'm really sorry that this doesn't work on my machine for some reason, I couldn't figure it out yet. It's not even the character cause it starts to fail earlier unfortunately, for me is not possible to change the shape of G9 with the full Material Suit including the male gens applied. Even without using the Material Script, as soon as I start to try dialing in anything on G9, DAZ Studio closes down, I don't even have an error message, it simply makes poof and is gone. laugh So it seems to be somethng with the (full) Wearable Suit, but also the log file don't tell anything. I have the latest Public Version and also the latest Beta of DAZ Studio installed and also the latest NVidia Driver, so this seems to be not the problem. Also, the non genital versions work fine, I can have any G8M or G8.1M character skin on G9 with any shape of G9, but that's something that isn't enough for me, I need the attachement. 

It's not a drama, I still can use my G8 skins on G8 and let G9 be G9, it was a try but it is not a problem! heart

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 438

SickleYield said:

I apologize on the other questions. Riversoft normally handles support threads because he is the one who writes the scripts in our collaborations, and a lot of questions/issues have to do with how the script works and is used.

It still really sounds like several of the non-mac-os questions relate directly to morphs not being named fbm or fhm (named, not labeled) and thus not identified by the script (causing crumpling/explosions). Renaming your OC morphs to have fbm in the name for body morphs or fhm in the name for head morphs in your Parameters tab can fix this.

Do you mean naming the morph files FBM/FHM or changing their names in Daz?

Another question, but would you recommend exporting and importing OCs as single morphs (or head+body morphs) for the conversion to G9? Or would renaming all the morph used for the character serve the same purpose?

• necroscensionnecroscension Posts: 106
    edited May 2023

jepegraphics said:

RiverSoftArt said:

jepegraphics said:

I bought the Material Suit for G8M in the hope to be able to use some textures of G8M on G9, but everytime I try to make something with the male genitals, DAZ Studio crashes. I asked Sickle at DeviantArt for a step by step description how to and got following anser:

Set a custom action for your hierarchical mat script. There is a button in the scripts folder that does it for you.

Load your g9.

Load on a material suit preset with genitals on it. These are in People, not Scripts.

Select g9 or the full body suit.Navigate to the hierarchical material preset you want to use.

Select it in Smart Content or Content Library so it is highlighted.Go to the Scripts option above your top bar and click the custom action for hierarchical materials.It should apply the h. Mat to both g9 material suit snd the genitals conformed to the suit.

I did as suggested, I loaded the DEV Load G9, the Material Suit applied, the Material applied, but as soon as I touched G9 to change the shape, DAZ Studio closed, without a warning, it simply shut down, disappeared. Both, the public and the beta version. I am totally confused, why all the scripts, why all the suits as wearables and why there is no clear explanation in the PDFs how to? It works without genitals, but not with.

Are there any experiences or any tips what I did wrong?

That is strange.  I guess the first thing to figure out is if it is the Apply Hmap script or the mat suits themselves.  If you add the mat suit with genitals and just try to change shape, any crashes?  If you add the mat suit without genitals, apply Hmap, and THEN add genitals mat suit, any crashes?

Thank you for the reply, I assume the Hmat scrip works fine, also the Suit applies fine, but as soon as I touch G9 to change the shape, DAZ Studio crashes. When I apply the Suit without gens, all works fine, the Hmat applies,and I can change the shape of G9. Now only it is without gens - when I then try to add the G8 Anat Element Masc Suit, Studio crashes without warning and without any error message, it simply closes. It is frustrating. All gens versions don't work on my machine, the G8F/M with Masc Gens, the G8.1 F/M with Masc gens and also the single Masc gens suits. Funny that I seem to be th eonly one yet with that problem - odd with all the buyers!!!

I decided to give the bundle a try...

Jepe, I can confirm what you are seeing. I can apply the Suit with gens to G9 Dev Load, but when I try to use a shape dial Daz dies. Looking at the log file, nothing is being logged for Daz failing.

For my second try this is what I did:

Load G9 Dev Load

With it selected, load the G8.1M Material Suit for male elements in the Anatomy folder

I applied the PBR Skin shader to the anatomy

Reselect G9, select my HMAT (I used Novak Revisited for G8.1M), and click the shortcut for the hierarchical materials

Materials are applied, everything looks good.

Making sure G9 is selected, I selected CGI Kurt for G9's shape preset.

Daz appears to start to load the morph, and then dies.

Log:

2023-05-23 19:13:36.885 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 00119 iterations after 40.605 s.
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.199 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 9/Characters/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt/CGI !!Kurtis Apply All.duf
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.199 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.199 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.388 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 1
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.388 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 1
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.389 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.389 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 9/Characters/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt/CGI !!Kurtis Apply All.duf
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.389 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.390 [INFO] :: Setting textures...
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.390 [INFO] :: Applying animations...
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.442 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (merge): 0m 0.54s - /People/Genesis 9/Characters/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt/CGI !!Kurtis Apply All.duf
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.494 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.49s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt G9/CGI0423Kurtis_head_bs_Head.dsf
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.816 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.273s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/Daz 3D/Base Masculine 9/BaseMasculine_head_bs_Head.dsf
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.868 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.14s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt G9/CGI0423Kurt_head_cbs_FixEyelid.dsf
    2023-05-23 19:13:38.017 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.126s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt G9/CGI0423Kurt_body_bs_Body.dsf
    2023-05-23 19:13:56.588 +++++++++++++++ DAZ Studio 4.21.1.48 starting +++++++++++++++++

No error message. The DAZ Studio starting message is from me restarting it to see the log.

EDIT: DAZ will also close without error If G9 is shaped and then add the Material Suit with anatomical elements. This does not happen with the non-anatomical elements suits, you can apply a shape and then apply the suit.

Post edited by necroscension on

necroscension said:

Jepe, I can confirm what you are seeing. I can apply the Suit with gens to G9 Dev Load, but when I try to use a shape dial Daz dies. Looking at the log file, nothing is being logged for Daz failing.

Load G9 Dev Load

With it selected, load the G8.1M Material Suit for male elements in the Anatomy folder

Reselect G9, select my HMAT (I used Novak Revisited for G8.1M), and click the shortcut for the hierarchical materials

Log:

2023-05-23 19:13:36.885 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Received update to 00119 iterations after 40.605 s.
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.199 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 9/Characters/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt/CGI !!Kurtis Apply All.duf
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.389 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 9/Characters/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt/CGI !!Kurtis Apply All.duf
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.442 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (merge): 0m 0.54s - /People/Genesis 9/Characters/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt/CGI !!Kurtis Apply All.duf
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.494 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.49s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt G9/CGI0423Kurtis_head_bs_Head.dsf
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.816 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.273s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/Daz 3D/Base Masculine 9/BaseMasculine_head_bs_Head.dsf
    2023-05-23 19:13:37.868 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.14s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt G9/CGI0423Kurt_head_cbs_FixEyelid.dsf
    2023-05-23 19:13:38.017 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.126s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 9/Base/Morphs/Color Galeria/CGI Kurt G9/CGI0423Kurt_body_bs_Body.dsf
    2023-05-23 19:13:56.588 +++++++++++++++ DAZ Studio 4.21.1.48 starting +++++++++++++++++

No error message. The DAZ Studio starting message is from me restarting it to see the log.

EDIT: DAZ will also close without error If G9 is shaped and then add the Material Suit with anatomical elements. This does not happen with the non-anatomical elements suits, you can apply a shape and then apply the suit.

Thank you very much for your information, good to know I'm not the only one! It is exactly the same here, exactly!  

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,361

w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Having some excellent results with this product - thanks Riversoft - I know support threads can be very negative. However, still running into 'file missing' errors, even when the files are most certainly NOT missing. Here is the latest - the custom script for G8M->G9 will not utilise the eye positioning script. Says it cannot find it, despite it being exactly where expected. 

That is frustrating.  It is a simple function.  Macs make my life difficult smiley  Is that directory also where the conversion scripts are or did you move them?  Should the path have a /Users or Users?

I've moved nothing. Everything remains where it was placed by DIM, using the automated install. Despite being a programmer for 40 years, I've done very little programming for macos, and none recently, but I believe it should be '/Users' - otherwise it would be a relative directory reference, not from the root. I do occasionally run into errors on mac that (apparently) don't exist on Windows. Usually I can get around these by renaming files, for example to capitalise a letter or two, but this appears more fundamental. A missing '/' would explain a lot.

Here are my mapped directories in Studio, in case that's of use. 

Ok, if you open the Script IDE (under Window->Panes), paste in the following code, and click Execute, what happens?

function IncludeFile( sRelativePath, noExistCheck )

{

if (sRelativePath.startsWith('/')) sRelativePath = sRelativePath.substring(1);

// check local dir structure first

// do short cut for current local directory base

var pDirectory = getScriptFileName();

var sAbsolutePath;

var i = pDirectory.indexOf('/Scripts/');

if (i > -1)

{

var dir = new DzDir(pDirectory.substring(0,i));

if (dir.exists(sRelativePath))

var sAbsolutePath = dir.absoluteFilePath(sRelativePath)

}

if (!sAbsolutePath) sAbsolutePath = App.getContentMgr().findFile(sRelativePath, DzContentMgr.AllDirsAndCloud);

// If the file was found

if( (!sAbsolutePath.isEmpty()) || (noExistCheck)){

print('FOUND: '+sAbsolutePath);

return sAbsolutePath;

// If the file was not found

} else {

// Inform the user

MessageBox.information(

qsTr("'%1' could not be found in a mapped content directory. " +

"Check the installation and try again.").arg( sRelativePath ),

qsTr("File Not Found"), qsTr("&Ok") );

return "";

}

}

var sIncludeFileExt = 'dse'

var sEyePlacementTitle = 'Character Converter Eye Placement';

if (sIncludeFileExt == 'dsa')

var sEyePlacementPreset = 'Scripts/Character Converter/G8-G9/%1.'.arg(sEyePlacementTitle)+sIncludeFileExt;

else

var sEyePlacementPreset = 'Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/%1.%2'.arg(sEyePlacementTitle).arg(sIncludeFileExt);

print(sEyePlacementPreset);

print(IncludeFile(sEyePlacementPreset));

dstuffle said:

Are the converted figures supposed to be classified as Sets not Actors?

If you have the "Enable Material Suit Support" option checked, then yes, they are saved as Scene Subsets.

ArtofGohan said:

So when I use this converter to convert a custom OC, it makes gen 9 explode.  Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

What do you mean "explode"?  Do you mean look wrinkled?  From the manual:

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled.  Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character.  Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s).  Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called).  You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0)

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

I feel this script needs a bit more work. I've been using Riversoft and Sickleyield's converters for a good while now and only had minor issues with extreme shapes. But for whatever reason, this script bugs out more often than not and in ways that the other scripts don't. Why I bring this up, is due to the non-script converting method giving better results.

I've attached image examples. Please note I'm NOT returning this product, I know it can grow and evolve. I just want to be frank about things.

In both cases, Oso Bear Hands was the ONLY morph used.

This script was the hardest one I have ever done for DS.  G9 changed too much from G8 and caused endless problems.  What you are showing though is the transfer part, which is pure DS.  I am confused why they should be so different.

BTW, in data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSG8G9CharacterConstants.dsa, there is a variable:

// "LOAD CHARACTER", "MORPH LIST", "REMOVE EYEMORPHS", "SETUP CLONE", "TRANSFER MORPHS", "CONVERT MORPHS"
    // "CONVERT MORPHS AND ERC FREEZE", "CHARACTER PROPERTY", "MORPHS SAVED", "MATERIALS COPIED"
    var BREAK_POINT             = ""; 

If you edit the file in a text editor and put one of the strings in BREAK_POINT, the script will stop during conversion, you can see what it did until that point.  For example,

var BREAK_POINT             = "SETUP CLONE"; 

The script will stop during conversion after setting up the clone.  You could see what the script is doing and it might even help in a manual process.

First of all, there is no CharacterConstraints, there however IS Constants that has the right code.

CONVERT MORPHS is where the stuff starts looking awful, it first looks just fine, but then when I turn the morph on from the parameters it is messed up. It also randomly affects the whole body, something the manual conversion doesn't do.

Once more, I do not blame you for this, just reporting what I can.

Try doing up to SETUP CLONE, then doing the transfer utility yourself manually.  If you can get the transfer to work differently, maybe there is something I can do in script.

Eboshijaana said:

SickleYield said:

I apologize on the other questions. Riversoft normally handles support threads because he is the one who writes the scripts in our collaborations, and a lot of questions/issues have to do with how the script works and is used.

It still really sounds like several of the non-mac-os questions relate directly to morphs not being named fbm or fhm (named, not labeled) and thus not identified by the script (causing crumpling/explosions). Renaming your OC morphs to have fbm in the name for body morphs or fhm in the name for head morphs in your Parameters tab can fix this.

Do you mean naming the morph files FBM/FHM or changing their names in Daz?

Another question, but would you recommend exporting and importing OCs as single morphs (or head+body morphs) for the conversion to G9? Or would renaming all the morph used for the character serve the same purpose?

I believe changing the filename makes Daz use that name as the name.

If you are ok with one morph, that can be better as less chance of undesirable interference between morphs.

jepegraphics said:

necroscension said:

Load G9 Dev Load

Log:

Thank you very much for your information, good to know I'm not the only one! It is exactly the same here, exactly!  

Sorry @Jepegraphics and @necroscension that you are having problems.  Are either of you comfortable with the structure of the HMap duf files?  The Apply script takes the selected HMap file, copies it to the Daz temp directory as a d##.duf file (e.g., d12.duf), transforms it by adding some text and replacing text, and then finally applies it to the material suit.  If you can take one of the d##.duf files and figure out what inside it is making DS unstable (i.e., by changing it in a text editor and applying it and seeing if that makes DS crash), I can fix the script.

• BAM! RendersBAM! Renders Posts: 114
    edited May 2023

RiverSoftArt said:

ArtofGohan said:

So when I use this converter to convert a custom OC, it makes gen 9 explode.  Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

What do you mean "explode"?  Do you mean look wrinkled?  From the manual:

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled.  Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character.  Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s).  Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called).  You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0)

It turns into a giant blob of wrinkles and nothing.  Like it has no structure. 

EDIT:  I'll reply with a screenshot and see if I can replicate what happened.

Post edited by BAM! Renders on
  • BAM! RendersBAM! Renders Posts: 114

Here's the Screenshot.

Untitled-1.jpg
    2652 x 1234 - 181K
  • alkenalken Posts: 253

For the record, I'm experiencing the same thing as @Jepegraphics and @necroscension .  Crashes when I try to add a shape to G9 with male gens and G8.1 male material suit.  Works fine without the gens.

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 438

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

I feel this script needs a bit more work. I've been using Riversoft and Sickleyield's converters for a good while now and only had minor issues with extreme shapes. But for whatever reason, this script bugs out more often than not and in ways that the other scripts don't. Why I bring this up, is due to the non-script converting method giving better results.

I've attached image examples. Please note I'm NOT returning this product, I know it can grow and evolve. I just want to be frank about things.

This script was the hardest one I have ever done for DS.  G9 changed too much from G8 and caused endless problems.  What you are showing though is the transfer part, which is pure DS.  I am confused why they should be so different.

BTW, in data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSG8G9CharacterConstants.dsa, there is a variable:

// "LOAD CHARACTER", "MORPH LIST", "REMOVE EYEMORPHS", "SETUP CLONE", "TRANSFER MORPHS", "CONVERT MORPHS"
    // "CONVERT MORPHS AND ERC FREEZE", "CHARACTER PROPERTY", "MORPHS SAVED", "MATERIALS COPIED"

If you edit the file in a text editor and put one of the strings in BREAK_POINT, the script will stop during conversion, you can see what it did until that point.  For example,

The script will stop during conversion after setting up the clone.  You could see what the script is doing and it might even help in a manual process.

First of all, there is no CharacterConstraints, there however IS Constants that has the right code.

CONVERT MORPHS is where the stuff starts looking awful, it first looks just fine, but then when I turn the morph on from the parameters it is messed up. It also randomly affects the whole body, something the manual conversion doesn't do.

Try doing up to SETUP CLONE, then doing the transfer utility yourself manually.  If you can get the transfer to work differently, maybe there is something I can do in script.

Did it and there was SOME deformation but otherwise looked perfect.

I used the settings attached when converting.

manual conversion result.png
    596 x 606 - 71K
    manual conversion settings.png
    465 x 665 - 35K

RiverSoftArt said:

Sorry @Jepegraphics and @necroscension that you are having problems.  Are either of you comfortable with the structure of the HMap duf files?  The Apply script takes the selected HMap file, copies it to the Daz temp directory as a d##.duf file (e.g., d12.duf), transforms it by adding some text and replacing text, and then finally applies it to the material suit.  If you can take one of the d##.duf files and figure out what inside it is making DS unstable (i.e., by changing it in a text editor and applying it and seeing if that makes DS crash), I can fix the script.

I think it has nothing to do with the HMat script, it doesn't make DAZ Studio crash. It's the Material Suit with the male genitals that doesn't work. It applies but then you can't change G9 anymore, when G9 is already shaped it doesn't apply at all and DAZ Studio crashes. I'm sorry, maybe it is too much to ask, but try it out for yourself, you don't even need the HMat sript for that. Just apply the full G8M Material Suit with Masc gens to G9 and try to set G9 to any shape. I'm curious if you can proof with a screenshot what happens? 

• MKCMKC Posts: 23

So far, it has failed to do a decent conversion of any of the charters I've tried.

Torment 8.1, the eyes end up wrong

It cant separate head and body morphs from each other on MSO Chanel 8.0, MSO Sherilynn 8.0, BJ Amala 8.1, Moryen 8.1 etc

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited May 2023

I answered my own question. So I have edited this post.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • necroscensionnecroscension Posts: 106
    edited May 2023

jepegraphics said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I think it has nothing to do with the HMat script, it doesn't make DAZ Studio crash. It's the Material Suit with the male genitals that doesn't work. It applies but then you can't change G9 anymore, when G9 is already shaped it doesn't apply at all and DAZ Studio crashes. I'm sorry, maybe it is too much to ask, but try it out for yourself, you don't even need the HMat sript for that. Just apply the full G8M Material Suit with Masc gens to G9 and try to set G9 to any shape. I'm curious if you can proof with a screenshot what happens? 

Same. I had meant to re-edit my post to state the same thing, but the forum was giving 503 errors. Just apply the Material Suits with gens to G9 and try to apply a shape preset to G9 (or use a dial), OR apply a shape or dial preset to G9 and then try to apply the Material Suit. DAZ Studio will close shortly, possibly after loading the shape preset in the first case (show in the log, not in the viewport). There is no need to apply the HMat, the materials are not the problem.

Post edited by necroscension on
  • meaznetmeaznet Posts: 3

RiverSoftArt said:

Laurita said:

Not exactly a great success. Neither on a stock Aurore 8 (left) nor on a custom character.

Conversions

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled.  Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character.  Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s).  Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called).  You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0).

I've had a couple of these conversions turn out this way as well.  But even when they seem to have been successful there is one thing I notice is the foot specifically.  I was able to capture this on a conversion of Sydney.  I caught it while the Sydney 8 and the Genesis 9 were both in place. 

Screenshot 2023-05-24 095201.png
    556 x 263 - 71K
  • KeironKeiron Posts: 411
    edited May 2023

Hi

After some messing around there seems to be a common factor for distorted models

I have deleted the morphs in Genesis 9 folder as recommended re email

I also uninstalled and reinstalled all the genesis 9 , 8 and 8.1 actors

I then re ran the script for genesis females on around 20 actors

It is important to note that I have a script that prevents loading all the morphs. I reconfigured this to load all morphs as it affected the outcome

With this script active, even though Daz Studio said there were missing files. if I loaded min set or all or none, I got the same issue, it didnt load the morphs as expected??

I found that some of the actors didnt get transfered at all

Some looked OK and when compared they looked OK as well, found a couple with missing eyebrows and some 8.1 textures were missing on the top of the head and a few had broken seams

It was recommeneded to look through all the morphs and dial out any that caused an issue, with out the morph loader script working there were many

The ones that were deformed a large number of them were caused by nail morphs

Adalina A&AB nails morph causing issue
    Also A&A nails
    Also CB nails square
    Also Acrilic nails
    Also Cynder81 nails
    Also Cynder _long nails
    DT Beautiful nails
    DT Farah Nails
    DT nails
    Kayleyes square nails
    Delano suare nails morph

Long nails by FWArt

Mousso nails

Ozi nails

Square nails by FWArt

Demon nails fix and Hd dial out the body morph

Siletto nails

MSO_G9_nails are OK

All the nail morphs are present from a number of actors all of these caused distorted actors, but were OK when dialed out

It was adviced to delete the offending ones and save the change

However a few that were at also at 100% were the actual actor, dialing these out is dialing out the morph of the actor

I'll keep playing around to see what works OK

Update 1

Same issue different way, but solvable

I loaded the same 8 - 8.1 actor with the gen 9 to compare

tried dialing the gen 9 to any morph body shape, result figure distorted

Solution, dial out the converted gen 8 body shape on the gen 9 figure

update 2

Head misformed, not checked all the models as yet but I found one was very distorted, the only dials were infact the actors head and it's HD dial the HD dial caused the problem

Post edited by Keiron on
  • RiverSoftArt said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Having some excellent results with this product - thanks Riversoft - I know support threads can be very negative. However, still running into 'file missing' errors, even when the files are most certainly NOT missing. Here is the latest - the custom script for G8M->G9 will not utilise the eye positioning script. Says it cannot find it, despite it being exactly where expected. 

That is frustrating.  It is a simple function.  Macs make my life difficult smiley  Is that directory also where the conversion scripts are or did you move them?  Should the path have a /Users or Users?

I've moved nothing. Everything remains where it was placed by DIM, using the automated install. Despite being a programmer for 40 years, I've done very little programming for macos, and none recently, but I believe it should be '/Users' - otherwise it would be a relative directory reference, not from the root. I do occasionally run into errors on mac that (apparently) don't exist on Windows. Usually I can get around these by renaming files, for example to capitalise a letter or two, but this appears more fundamental. A missing '/' would explain a lot.

Here are my mapped directories in Studio, in case that's of use. 

Ok, if you open the Script IDE (under Window->Panes), paste in the following code, and click Execute, what happens?

function IncludeFile( sRelativePath, noExistCheck )

{

if (sRelativePath.startsWith('/')) sRelativePath = sRelativePath.substring(1);

// check local dir structure first

// do short cut for current local directory base

var pDirectory = getScriptFileName();

var sAbsolutePath;

var i = pDirectory.indexOf('/Scripts/');

if (i > -1)

{

var dir = new DzDir(pDirectory.substring(0,i));

if (dir.exists(sRelativePath))

var sAbsolutePath = dir.absoluteFilePath(sRelativePath)

}

if (!sAbsolutePath) sAbsolutePath = App.getContentMgr().findFile(sRelativePath, DzContentMgr.AllDirsAndCloud);

// If the file was found

if( (!sAbsolutePath.isEmpty()) || (noExistCheck)){

print('FOUND: '+sAbsolutePath);

return sAbsolutePath;

// If the file was not found

} else {

// Inform the user

MessageBox.information(

qsTr("'%1' could not be found in a mapped content directory. " +

"Check the installation and try again.").arg( sRelativePath ),

qsTr("File Not Found"), qsTr("&Ok") );

return "";

}

}

var sIncludeFileExt = 'dse'

var sEyePlacementTitle = 'Character Converter Eye Placement';

if (sIncludeFileExt == 'dsa')

var sEyePlacementPreset = 'Scripts/Character Converter/G8-G9/%1.'.arg(sEyePlacementTitle)+sIncludeFileExt;

else

var sEyePlacementPreset = 'Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/%1.%2'.arg(sEyePlacementTitle).arg(sIncludeFileExt);

print(sEyePlacementPreset);

print(IncludeFile(sEyePlacementPreset));

Output from log file as follows:

2023-05-25 11:02:27.272 [DEBUG] :: Executing Script...

2023-05-25 11:02:27.273 [DEBUG] :: Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: Result: 

2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: Script executed in 0 secs 5 msecs.

ArtofGohan said:

Here's the Screenshot.

Yup, that is what I meant by wrinkled, but yours looks way more extreme laugh  Please do:

The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled.  Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character.  Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s).  Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called).  You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0).

alken said:

For the record, I'm experiencing the same thing as @Jepegraphics and @necroscension .  Crashes when I try to add a shape to G9 with male gens and G8.1 male material suit.  Works fine without the gens.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Here is the latest update

Hi

After some messing around there seems to be a common factor for distorted models

It is important to note that I have a script that prevents loading all the morphs. I reconfigured this to load all morphs as it affected the outcome

With this script active, even though Daz Studio said there were missing files. if I loaded min set or all or none, I got the same issue, it didnt load the morphs as expected??

Some looked OK and when compared they looked OK as well, found a couple with missing eyebrows and some 8.1 textures were missing on the top of the head and a few had broken seams

It was recommeneded to look through all the morphs and dial out any that caused an issue, with out the morph loader script working there were many

Also A&A nails
    Also CB nails square
    Also Acrilic nails
    Also Cynder81 nails
    Also Cynder _long nails
    DT Beautiful nails
    DT Farah Nails
    DT nails
    Kayleyes square nails
    Delano suare nails morph

Long nails by FWArt

Mousso nails

Ozi nails

Square nails by FWArt

Siletto nails

MSO_G9_nails are OK

All the nail morphs are present from a number of actors all of these caused distorted actors, but were OK when dialed out

However a few that were at also at 100% were the actual actor, dialing these out is dialing out the morph of the actor

Update 1

update 2

Head misformed, not checked all the models as yet but I found one was very distorted, the only dials were infact the actors head and it's HD dial the HD dial caused the problem

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

Did it and there was SOME deformation but otherwise looked perfect.

I used the settings attached when converting.

Well done!  Looking at your settings, there is not a lot different.  You explicitly set Adaptive Tolerance seems to be the biggest thing.  I will look into it.

Hi RiverSoftArt

Im not sending it back either, I have tried to show you where I have see some problems, hope that helps

Well done for your hard work

jepegraphics said:

RiverSoftArt said:

If I apply a *BODY* shape (or dial in a body shape) that affects the pelvis area, I can confirm the crash.  Head, nails, no crash.  I don't know if Sickleyield can do anything, but I will let her know.

edited May 2023

MKC said:

So far, it has failed to do a decent conversion of any of the charters I've tried.

Torment 8.1, the eyes end up wrong

It cant separate head and body morphs from each other on MSO Chanel 8.0, MSO Sherilynn 8.0, BJ Amala 8.1, Moryen 8.1 etc

It sounds like those vendors don't follow Daz guidelines.  They are supposed to start the name of head morphs with FHM (and FBM for body).  The script, if it cannot find FHM, also tries to look at which vertices are affected (specifically are they at the neck and up) but that seems to be failing in this case.  If you can rename the head morphs, that should help.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

meaznet said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Laurita said:

Not exactly a great success. Neither on a stock Aurore 8 (left) nor on a custom character.

Conversions

I've had a couple of these conversions turn out this way as well.  But even when they seem to have been successful there is one thing I notice is the foot specifically.  I was able to capture this on a conversion of Sydney.  I caught it while the Sydney 8 and the Genesis 9 were both in place. 

Hmmm.  I am trying some new settings suggested by Eboshijaana, maybe that will help when I get an update out.

Keiron said:

Hi

Also A&A nails
    Also CB nails square
    Also Acrilic nails
    Also Cynder81 nails
    Also Cynder _long nails
    DT Beautiful nails
    DT Farah Nails
    DT nails
    Kayleyes square nails
    Delano suare nails morph

Long nails by FWArt

Mousso nails

Ozi nails

Square nails by FWArt

Siletto nails

MSO_G9_nails are OK

Update 1

update 2

Thanks for sharing your investigation.