[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

145791017

Comments

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    Having some excellent results with this product - thanks Riversoft - I know support threads can be very negative. However, still running into 'file missing' errors, even when the files are most certainly NOT missing. Here is the latest - the custom script for G8M->G9 will not utilise the eye positioning script. Says it cannot find it, despite it being exactly where expected. 

    That is frustrating.  It is a simple function.  Macs make my life difficult smiley  Is that directory also where the conversion scripts are or did you move them?  Should the path have a /Users or Users?

    I've moved nothing. Everything remains where it was placed by DIM, using the automated install. Despite being a programmer for 40 years, I've done very little programming for macos, and none recently, but I believe it should be '/Users' - otherwise it would be a relative directory reference, not from the root. I do occasionally run into errors on mac that (apparently) don't exist on Windows. Usually I can get around these by renaming files, for example to capitalise a letter or two, but this appears more fundamental. A missing '/' would explain a lot.

    Here are my mapped directories in Studio, in case that's of use. 

    Ok, if you open the Script IDE (under Window->Panes), paste in the following code, and click Execute, what happens?

    function IncludeFile( sRelativePath, noExistCheck )

    {

    if (sRelativePath.startsWith('/')) sRelativePath = sRelativePath.substring(1);

    // check local dir structure first

    // do short cut for current local directory base

    var pDirectory = getScriptFileName();

    var sAbsolutePath;

    var i = pDirectory.indexOf('/Scripts/');

    if (i > -1)

    {

    var dir = new DzDir(pDirectory.substring(0,i));

    if (dir.exists(sRelativePath))

    var sAbsolutePath = dir.absoluteFilePath(sRelativePath)

    }

    if (!sAbsolutePath) sAbsolutePath = App.getContentMgr().findFile(sRelativePath, DzContentMgr.AllDirsAndCloud);

    // If the file was found

    if( (!sAbsolutePath.isEmpty()) || (noExistCheck)){

    print('FOUND: '+sAbsolutePath);

    return sAbsolutePath;

    // If the file was not found

    } else {

    // Inform the user

    MessageBox.information(

    qsTr("'%1' could not be found in a mapped content directory. " +

    "Check the installation and try again.").arg( sRelativePath ),

    qsTr("File Not Found"), qsTr("&Ok") );

    return "";

    }

    }

    var sIncludeFileExt = 'dse'

    var sEyePlacementTitle = 'Character Converter Eye Placement';

    if (sIncludeFileExt == 'dsa')

    var sEyePlacementPreset = 'Scripts/Character Converter/G8-G9/%1.'.arg(sEyePlacementTitle)+sIncludeFileExt;

    else

    var sEyePlacementPreset = 'Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/%1.%2'.arg(sEyePlacementTitle).arg(sIncludeFileExt);

    print(sEyePlacementPreset);

    print(IncludeFile(sEyePlacementPreset));

     

    Output from log file as follows:

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.272 [DEBUG] :: Executing Script...

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.273 [DEBUG] :: Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: Result: 

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: Script executed in 0 secs 5 msecs.

    So my IncludeFile function works.  That was helpful.  I think the issue is when a full path (e.g., with the /Users) is passed to the IncludeFile function.  I am not supposed to do that, but there is a case where I think it might occur.

  • EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 469

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Eboshijaana said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Eboshijaana said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Eboshijaana said:

    I feel this script needs a bit more work. I've been using Riversoft and Sickleyield's converters for a good while now and only had minor issues with extreme shapes. But for whatever reason, this script bugs out more often than not and in ways that the other scripts don't. Why I bring this up, is due to the non-script converting method giving better results.

    I've attached image examples. Please note I'm NOT returning this product, I know it can grow and evolve. I just want to be frank about things.

    In both cases, Oso Bear Hands was the ONLY morph used.

    This script was the hardest one I have ever done for DS.  G9 changed too much from G8 and caused endless problems.  What you are showing though is the transfer part, which is pure DS.  I am confused why they should be so different.

    BTW, in data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSG8G9CharacterConstants.dsa, there is a variable:

    // "LOAD CHARACTER", "MORPH LIST", "REMOVE EYEMORPHS", "SETUP CLONE", "TRANSFER MORPHS", "CONVERT MORPHS"
    // "CONVERT MORPHS AND ERC FREEZE", "CHARACTER PROPERTY", "MORPHS SAVED", "MATERIALS COPIED"
    var BREAK_POINT             = ""; 

    If you edit the file in a text editor and put one of the strings in BREAK_POINT, the script will stop during conversion, you can see what it did until that point.  For example,

    var BREAK_POINT             = "SETUP CLONE"; 

    The script will stop during conversion after setting up the clone.  You could see what the script is doing and it might even help in a manual process.

    First of all, there is no CharacterConstraints, there however IS Constants that has the right code.

     CONVERT MORPHS is where the stuff starts looking awful, it first looks just fine, but then when I turn the morph on from the parameters it is messed up. It also randomly affects the whole body, something the manual conversion doesn't do.

    Once more, I do not blame you for this, just reporting what I can.

    Try doing up to SETUP CLONE, then doing the transfer utility yourself manually.  If you can get the transfer to work differently, maybe there is something I can do in script.

    Did it and there was SOME deformation but otherwise looked perfect.

    I used the settings attached when converting.

    Well done!  Looking at your settings, there is not a lot different.  You explicitly set Adaptive Tolerance seems to be the biggest thing.  I will look into it.

    No problem! ^^

    The cleanest conversion from 8 to 9 so far has been the 'morph the autofitted clone'-method, from my experience. Though that IS of course only skin-wrapping and does not do any underlying setting adaptation.

    You two are doing a great job, don't give up.

  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    It looks like the male gens suit on the material suit are causing a crash when a morph with any hd option is triggered, including the navel. Why??? I don't know. I don't know how this got missed in testing either. But I'm working on it today, and I sincerely hope to have a fix out soon. Thanks Jepe for letting us know so it didn't get further with the bug.
  • jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 865

    SickleYield said:

    It looks like the male gens suit on the material suit are causing a crash when a morph with any hd option is triggered, including the navel. Why??? I don't know. I don't know how this got missed in testing either. But I'm working on it today, and I sincerely hope to have a fix out soon. Thanks Jepe for letting us know so it didn't get further with the bug.

    Thank god it's a bug and not my machine! cheeky I'm sure you'll find a solution - let us know! smiley 

  • RiverSoftArt said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    Having some excellent results with this product - thanks Riversoft - I know support threads can be very negative. However, still running into 'file missing' errors, even when the files are most certainly NOT missing. Here is the latest - the custom script for G8M->G9 will not utilise the eye positioning script. Says it cannot find it, despite it being exactly where expected. 

    That is frustrating.  It is a simple function.  Macs make my life difficult smiley  Is that directory also where the conversion scripts are or did you move them?  Should the path have a /Users or Users?

    I've moved nothing. Everything remains where it was placed by DIM, using the automated install. Despite being a programmer for 40 years, I've done very little programming for macos, and none recently, but I believe it should be '/Users' - otherwise it would be a relative directory reference, not from the root. I do occasionally run into errors on mac that (apparently) don't exist on Windows. Usually I can get around these by renaming files, for example to capitalise a letter or two, but this appears more fundamental. A missing '/' would explain a lot.

    Here are my mapped directories in Studio, in case that's of use. 

    Ok, if you open the Script IDE (under Window->Panes), paste in the following code, and click Execute, what happens?

    function IncludeFile( sRelativePath, noExistCheck )

    {

    if (sRelativePath.startsWith('/')) sRelativePath = sRelativePath.substring(1);

    // check local dir structure first

    // do short cut for current local directory base

    var pDirectory = getScriptFileName();

    var sAbsolutePath;

    var i = pDirectory.indexOf('/Scripts/');

    if (i > -1)

    {

    var dir = new DzDir(pDirectory.substring(0,i));

    if (dir.exists(sRelativePath))

    var sAbsolutePath = dir.absoluteFilePath(sRelativePath)

    }

    if (!sAbsolutePath) sAbsolutePath = App.getContentMgr().findFile(sRelativePath, DzContentMgr.AllDirsAndCloud);

    // If the file was found

    if( (!sAbsolutePath.isEmpty()) || (noExistCheck)){

    print('FOUND: '+sAbsolutePath);

    return sAbsolutePath;

    // If the file was not found

    } else {

    // Inform the user

    MessageBox.information(

    qsTr("'%1' could not be found in a mapped content directory. " +

    "Check the installation and try again.").arg( sRelativePath ),

    qsTr("File Not Found"), qsTr("&Ok") );

    return "";

    }

    }

    var sIncludeFileExt = 'dse'

    var sEyePlacementTitle = 'Character Converter Eye Placement';

    if (sIncludeFileExt == 'dsa')

    var sEyePlacementPreset = 'Scripts/Character Converter/G8-G9/%1.'.arg(sEyePlacementTitle)+sIncludeFileExt;

    else

    var sEyePlacementPreset = 'Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/%1.%2'.arg(sEyePlacementTitle).arg(sIncludeFileExt);

    print(sEyePlacementPreset);

    print(IncludeFile(sEyePlacementPreset));

     

    Output from log file as follows:

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.272 [DEBUG] :: Executing Script...

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.273 [DEBUG] :: Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: Result: 

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: Script executed in 0 secs 5 msecs.

    So my IncludeFile function works.  That was helpful.  I think the issue is when a full path (e.g., with the /Users) is passed to the IncludeFile function.  I am not supposed to do that, but there is a case where I think it might occur.

    Glad to be of service, however minor! Do let me know when you have an update available, or wish me to try something, though I imagine you are both slammed right now.

    It's kinda odd how the material copy complains about missing files, but only those relating to the mouth and eyes. Perhaps the same root cause? 

  • BAM! RendersBAM! Renders Posts: 123

    RiverSoftArt said:

    ArtofGohan said:

    Here's the Screenshot.

    Yup, that is what I meant by wrinkled, but yours looks way more extreme laugh  Please do:

    The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled.  Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character.  Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s).  Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called).  You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0).

     


    Ok I'm confused on what you mean here.  You want me to check every individual morph on the coverted gen 9 Female as in go back and forth with the dials? Or on gen 8 female? 

  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631

    Okay, @jepegraphics and others, after flailing at it all day it turned out to be a rigidity problem on the male anatomical elements (joke not intended). I think I've fixed it and have submitted an update. I hope sincerely that Daz Quality Assurance will be able to get it to everyone soon. This affects the Material Suits only, not the Character Converters.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,183

    Thanks for the update, @SickleYield. Will wait for it to appear in DIM.

     

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    ArtofGohan said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    ArtofGohan said:

    Here's the Screenshot.

    Yup, that is what I meant by wrinkled, but yours looks way more extreme laugh  Please do:

    The Converted Character’s Body is wrinkled.  Because of the way that morphs must be converted, a morph that on Genesis 8 appears to only touch a small part of the head can affect the whole body on Genesis 9. You need to show Currently Used parameters to show all morphs on the converted character.  Then, one by one, dial in the morphs to find the offending morph(s).  Once you find them, delete the morphs from your HD (click the Gear icon, Parameter Settings, and look at File Path for the asset to figure out where the morph is and what it is called).  You should also resave the character with the offending morph(s) dialed out (set to 0).

     


    Ok I'm confused on what you mean here.  You want me to check every individual morph on the coverted gen 9 Female as in go back and forth with the dials? Or on gen 8 female? 

    I mean load the converted wrinkled G9.  Select Currently Used in the Paramenters pane to see all the morphs dialed in.  Dial them ALL to 0.  Dial each used morph in one by one to find the problem morphs.

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    SickleYield said:

    Okay, @jepegraphics and others, after flailing at it all day it turned out to be a rigidity problem on the male anatomical elements (joke not intended). I think I've fixed it and have submitted an update. I hope sincerely that Daz Quality Assurance will be able to get it to everyone soon. This affects the Material Suits only, not the Character Converters.

    You are amazing @SickleYield!  smiley

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

    Having some excellent results with this product - thanks Riversoft - I know support threads can be very negative. However, still running into 'file missing' errors, even when the files are most certainly NOT missing. Here is the latest - the custom script for G8M->G9 will not utilise the eye positioning script. Says it cannot find it, despite it being exactly where expected. 

    That is frustrating.  It is a simple function.  Macs make my life difficult smiley  Is that directory also where the conversion scripts are or did you move them?  Should the path have a /Users or Users?

    I've moved nothing. Everything remains where it was placed by DIM, using the automated install. Despite being a programmer for 40 years, I've done very little programming for macos, and none recently, but I believe it should be '/Users' - otherwise it would be a relative directory reference, not from the root. I do occasionally run into errors on mac that (apparently) don't exist on Windows. Usually I can get around these by renaming files, for example to capitalise a letter or two, but this appears more fundamental. A missing '/' would explain a lot.

    Here are my mapped directories in Studio, in case that's of use. 

    Ok, if you open the Script IDE (under Window->Panes), paste in the following code, and click Execute, what happens?

    function IncludeFile( sRelativePath, noExistCheck )

    {

    if (sRelativePath.startsWith('/')) sRelativePath = sRelativePath.substring(1);

    // check local dir structure first

    // do short cut for current local directory base

    var pDirectory = getScriptFileName();

    var sAbsolutePath;

    var i = pDirectory.indexOf('/Scripts/');

    if (i > -1)

    {

    var dir = new DzDir(pDirectory.substring(0,i));

    if (dir.exists(sRelativePath))

    var sAbsolutePath = dir.absoluteFilePath(sRelativePath)

    }

    if (!sAbsolutePath) sAbsolutePath = App.getContentMgr().findFile(sRelativePath, DzContentMgr.AllDirsAndCloud);

    // If the file was found

    if( (!sAbsolutePath.isEmpty()) || (noExistCheck)){

    print('FOUND: '+sAbsolutePath);

    return sAbsolutePath;

    // If the file was not found

    } else {

    // Inform the user

    MessageBox.information(

    qsTr("'%1' could not be found in a mapped content directory. " +

    "Check the installation and try again.").arg( sRelativePath ),

    qsTr("File Not Found"), qsTr("&Ok") );

    return "";

    }

    }

    var sIncludeFileExt = 'dse'

    var sEyePlacementTitle = 'Character Converter Eye Placement';

    if (sIncludeFileExt == 'dsa')

    var sEyePlacementPreset = 'Scripts/Character Converter/G8-G9/%1.'.arg(sEyePlacementTitle)+sIncludeFileExt;

    else

    var sEyePlacementPreset = 'Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/%1.%2'.arg(sEyePlacementTitle).arg(sIncludeFileExt);

    print(sEyePlacementPreset);

    print(IncludeFile(sEyePlacementPreset));

     

    Output from log file as follows:

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.272 [DEBUG] :: Executing Script...

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.273 [DEBUG] :: Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: FOUND: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: /Users/BillBrook/My Daz 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Character Converter/Character Converter Eye Placement.dse

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: Result: 

    2023-05-25 11:02:27.277 [DEBUG] :: Script executed in 0 secs 5 msecs.

    So my IncludeFile function works.  That was helpful.  I think the issue is when a full path (e.g., with the /Users) is passed to the IncludeFile function.  I am not supposed to do that, but there is a case where I think it might occur.

    Glad to be of service, however minor! Do let me know when you have an update available, or wish me to try something, though I imagine you are both slammed right now.

    It's kinda odd how the material copy complains about missing files, but only those relating to the mouth and eyes. Perhaps the same root cause? 

    I PMed you a message.  

  • KeironKeiron Posts: 413

    Hi

    Continuing on the following have issues the rest of my actors starting with B and C had issues with the nails which is corrected by setting any nail morph to 0

    BJ Yoemi  Eyes Cornea Bulge causes an issue set to 0 to correct

    Noem HD details causes an issue set to 0 to correct

    Candida Fittness detail causes an issue set to 0 to correct

    Cb Cara eylashes grey around eyes

    Hope that helps

     

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    Keiron said:

    Hi

    Continuing on the following have issues the rest of my actors starting with B and C had issues with the nails which is corrected by setting any nail morph to 0

    BJ Yoemi  Eyes Cornea Bulge causes an issue set to 0 to correct

    Noem HD details causes an issue set to 0 to correct

    Candida Fittness detail causes an issue set to 0 to correct

    Cb Cara eylashes grey around eyes

    Hope that helps

    Thanks for sharing!

     

  • AstrozAstroz Posts: 18

    Hey,

    I don't have such big distortions, but I got this eyball shrink on left side, no idea why & how to fix it permanently.

    It always reset, when I change poses or expressions back to this distortion.

    I tried all methods mentioned in the PDF...

     

    Replacing eyballs was the only option.

    The Eylashes never fit, but Hair & skin seems to be converted well.

    So far only one figure had bad overall shape, Melina from maelwenn.

     

    Additional none of my shoes fit to the converted characters & the toes are always disshaped.

    They seem to stick together. When I move one toe the neighbouring toe is following partialy & disshape because of it.

     

    The skin & overall shapes seems to be ok for most Individual & Original Characters, like Mousso's Aakash in the picture here.

    But Victoria 8 had also distoretd toes after conversion to 9....

    What i am doing wrong & is there a chance to autifix this issues in an update?

     

    Screenshot (14974).png
    3840 x 2160 - 3M
    Screenshot (14983).png
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
  • lwaveslwaves Posts: 237

    I'm putting this here in case anyone else finds it useful.

    Using the main converter, I was having issues with the resulting morphs being garbled, like others here. It was nowhere near as bad for me as it is for others but still, it wasn't correct. I could dial in a great head morph or a great body morph but not both together. I'd tried renaming morphs with FBM and FHM, I'd dialled out any other morphs and resaved (there weren't any as it's a custom character with head and body morps only) and so on. No joy there but the material suit worked great, so that was something.
    I moved over to the scene converter which went through it's processes before throwing up something like an 'error converting morphs' box. I was about to give up and try to fully manual route. Then I noticed that my custom character was in the viewport and looking spot on. I checked the dials and they worked - no distortions, so I quickly saved off those morphs, cleared the scene, loaded a default G9, dialled the morphs and.....they worked perfectly. Huzzah!!
    Now it's worth bearing in mind that I've only tried this once as of typing but I thought it was worth sharing. So hopefully, if I get garbled morphs again, I can use a mix and match of the two coverters to get the required result. The material suit from the main converter and the morphs from the scene comverter, while deleting the morphs that aren't needed. It's not ideal but if it keeps working then that's good enough for me.

    Hopefully others might find this useful and I'll be trying more characters later. smiley

  • BAM! RendersBAM! Renders Posts: 123

    Yeah I don't see this g9 converter working for me at all.  I'm using morphs g9 don't even have access to yet (ie killer legs 2.0, ultimate breast morphs, etc)  Till g9 get access to these, my gen 8 custom characters won't ever get converted right.  Oh well.  Guess I will keep using gen 8 like many others who aren't upgrading.  I also believe the problem with this is Daz going to a unisex model but I won't go into that cause that may lead into a discussion many don't want to hear.  Hopefully, gen 10 will be back to being separate models which loads of daz artists are hoping (female and male body separate).  Thanks anyways river.  Nice script btw.  Sucks it can't work for certain NSFW/3DX artists cause of the Unisex model problem and morphs not available yet.

  • ArtofGohan said:

    Yeah I don't see this g9 converter working for me at all.  I'm using morphs g9 don't even have access to yet (ie killer legs 2.0, ultimate breast morphs, etc)  Till g9 get access to these, my gen 8 custom characters won't ever get converted right.  Oh well.  Guess I will keep using gen 8 like many others who aren't upgrading.  I also believe the problem with this is Daz going to a unisex model but I won't go into that cause that may lead into a discussion many don't want to hear.  Hopefully, gen 10 will be back to being separate models which loads of daz artists are hoping (female and male body separate).  Thanks anyways river.  Nice script btw.  Sucks it can't work for certain NSFW/3DX artists cause of the Unisex model problem and morphs not available yet.

    You have to hand it to SickleYield and Riversoft for trying to support the community with these tools (I certainly own a lot of them), because it has to be a pain in the a$$. Certainly, Daz's 'tough sh!t' attitude and borderline unconscionable expectations when it comes to the planned obsolescence of these characters doesn't help. I have joined the "die with Gen 8" club, as well. Thank you SickleYield and Reiversoft for your endeavors -- I will continue to patronize your content.

  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,960
    edited May 2023

    Been doing some playing today and converted what I consider to be the female core figures ,and I did change the scaling on the G9 female ,but other then that I'm happy with it ......so this is G9 Victoria8 ,and G8 Victoria8 side by side ....

    G9V8 G8v8.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    Astroz said:

    Hey,

    I don't have such big distortions, but I got this eyball shrink on left side, no idea why & how to fix it permanently.

    It always reset, when I change poses or expressions back to this distortion.

    I tried all methods mentioned in the PDF...

     

    Replacing eyballs was the only option.

    The Eylashes never fit, but Hair & skin seems to be converted well.

    So far only one figure had bad overall shape, Melina from maelwenn.

     

    Additional none of my shoes fit to the converted characters & the toes are always disshaped.

    They seem to stick together. When I move one toe the neighbouring toe is following partialy & disshape because of it.

     

    The skin & overall shapes seems to be ok for most Individual & Original Characters, like Mousso's Aakash in the picture here.

    But Victoria 8 had also distoretd toes after conversion to 9....

    What i am doing wrong & is there a chance to autifix this issues in an update?

    For the eyes, I would suggest looking in the My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Genesis 9 Eyes\Morphs.  Perhaps you used the Eye Placement dialog for only one eye and a morph was created that is messing things up.  Rename the morph directory so it is not seen.

    For the toes, depending on the figure, I can have some distortion in the toes but they are not stuck together.  I think it depends on the original geometry of the G8 character.  I will ask SickleYield if there is anything you can do. 

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    lwaves said:

    I'm putting this here in case anyone else finds it useful.

    Using the main converter, I was having issues with the resulting morphs being garbled, like others here. It was nowhere near as bad for me as it is for others but still, it wasn't correct. I could dial in a great head morph or a great body morph but not both together. I'd tried renaming morphs with FBM and FHM, I'd dialled out any other morphs and resaved (there weren't any as it's a custom character with head and body morps only) and so on. No joy there but the material suit worked great, so that was something.
    I moved over to the scene converter which went through it's processes before throwing up something like an 'error converting morphs' box. I was about to give up and try to fully manual route. Then I noticed that my custom character was in the viewport and looking spot on. I checked the dials and they worked - no distortions, so I quickly saved off those morphs, cleared the scene, loaded a default G9, dialled the morphs and.....they worked perfectly. Huzzah!!
    Now it's worth bearing in mind that I've only tried this once as of typing but I thought it was worth sharing. So hopefully, if I get garbled morphs again, I can use a mix and match of the two coverters to get the required result. The material suit from the main converter and the morphs from the scene comverter, while deleting the morphs that aren't needed. It's not ideal but if it keeps working then that's good enough for me.

    Hopefully others might find this useful and I'll be trying more characters later. smiley

    Thanks for sharing your experience.

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    ArtofGohan said:

    Yeah I don't see this g9 converter working for me at all.  I'm using morphs g9 don't even have access to yet (ie killer legs 2.0, ultimate breast morphs, etc)  Till g9 get access to these, my gen 8 custom characters won't ever get converted right.  Oh well.  Guess I will keep using gen 8 like many others who aren't upgrading.  I also believe the problem with this is Daz going to a unisex model but I won't go into that cause that may lead into a discussion many don't want to hear.  Hopefully, gen 10 will be back to being separate models which loads of daz artists are hoping (female and male body separate).  Thanks anyways river.  Nice script btw.  Sucks it can't work for certain NSFW/3DX artists cause of the Unisex model problem and morphs not available yet.

    I am sorry it is not working for you.  We certainly tried hard to get it to work for everyone, but this is a tough problem. 

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    bdpease said:

    ArtofGohan said:

    Yeah I don't see this g9 converter working for me at all.  I'm using morphs g9 don't even have access to yet (ie killer legs 2.0, ultimate breast morphs, etc)  Till g9 get access to these, my gen 8 custom characters won't ever get converted right.  Oh well.  Guess I will keep using gen 8 like many others who aren't upgrading.  I also believe the problem with this is Daz going to a unisex model but I won't go into that cause that may lead into a discussion many don't want to hear.  Hopefully, gen 10 will be back to being separate models which loads of daz artists are hoping (female and male body separate).  Thanks anyways river.  Nice script btw.  Sucks it can't work for certain NSFW/3DX artists cause of the Unisex model problem and morphs not available yet.

    You have to hand it to SickleYield and Riversoft for trying to support the community with these tools (I certainly own a lot of them), because it has to be a pain in the a$$. Certainly, Daz's 'tough sh!t' attitude and borderline unconscionable expectations when it comes to the planned obsolescence of these characters doesn't help. I have joined the "die with Gen 8" club, as well. Thank you SickleYield and Reiversoft for your endeavors -- I will continue to patronize your content.

    Thank YOU for the support.  For me, it is never a question of supporting my products.  It is your money supporting me; I should support you.  And I have a professional pride in doing it right... or at least trying.  These CC products are going to make me old before my time laugh

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    carrie58 said:

    Been doing some playing today and converted what I consider to be the female core figures ,and I did change the scaling on the G9 female ,but other then that I'm happy with it ......so this is G9 Victoria8 ,and G8 Victoria8 side by side ....

    Thanks for sharing @carrie58.  As a user, I like that Daz made G9 characters less of a giant, but it is a PITA for these converters.  smiley  I am glad the converters are working for you.

  • BAM! RendersBAM! Renders Posts: 123
    edited May 2023

    RiverSoftArt said:

    ArtofGohan said:

    Yeah I don't see this g9 converter working for me at all.  I'm using morphs g9 don't even have access to yet (ie killer legs 2.0, ultimate breast morphs, etc)  Till g9 get access to these, my gen 8 custom characters won't ever get converted right.  Oh well.  Guess I will keep using gen 8 like many others who aren't upgrading.  I also believe the problem with this is Daz going to a unisex model but I won't go into that cause that may lead into a discussion many don't want to hear.  Hopefully, gen 10 will be back to being separate models which loads of daz artists are hoping (female and male body separate).  Thanks anyways river.  Nice script btw.  Sucks it can't work for certain NSFW/3DX artists cause of the Unisex model problem and morphs not available yet.

    I am sorry it is not working for you.  We certainly tried hard to get it to work for everyone, but this is a tough problem. 


    Your one you made for g3f to g8f works PERFECTLY, its just when they switched to the one model thing, its REALLY put a damper on converting models now for the NSFW/3DX daz community.  Rumors is, Gen 10 won't make this msitake.  They are switching back and its going to be way more polys yes, but Female and Male will be separated again.  DAZ knows their biggest artist community is in the NSFW area, and now they know how much they screwed up with this gen 9 idea.  Oh well.  I'll just have to wait for gen 10 release.  Keep up the good work guys.  *Thumbs up* 

    Post edited by BAM! Renders on
  • echoescechoesc Posts: 19

    I started out with almost all bonzai trees, as Gabriel-C referred to them (that cracked me up, although I was kind of frustrated at the time). Dialing down Full body, and using People morph or vice versa was a compromise, and usually didn't look great. But I did find my solution by only using single morph dials for my G8 characters.

    Here's what I did. 
    (There are better tutorials out there for converting multiple morphs into a single morph, but this is my short version, and these are mostly the defaults.. If you want pictures and/or videos, or more options, you can just google or bing for them)
    If you're going do multiple custom conversions, I would advise settinnng up custom actions for creating Genesis 8 Basic Female, and Genesis 9 

    • Load Genesis 8 with all custom morphs. Delete everything else - hair, clothing AND eyelashes. Make sure any HD morphs are changed to 0 and I also change Nails and Nipples to 0 if those are dialed up.
    • Parameters-General-Mesh Resolution. Change Resolution Level from High Resolution to Base, and SubDivision Level to 1. Render SubD Level to 1
    • Export - Choose a folder where this will be easy to find. I used Daz/Studio 4/OBJ Files, but use whatever you like. Save as type - chooose Wavefront Object (*.obj
    • In the dialog box that comes up, for "To" choose DAZ Studio (1 unit - 1 cm). Click on Accept.
    • Clear scene, and bring up a clean Genesis 8 Female.
    • Edit->Object->Morph Loader Pro
    • Click Choose Morph Files. Go to the OBJ you previously created. Open. It should show up under Item. Click Accept. Message should say Created morph successfully. Click Okay
    • Parameters->Morphs. Your new morph should be there. Dial to 100%
    • Tools-> Joint Editor
    • With your Genesis 8 selected, Right click in the viewport, then Edit-> Adjust Rigging to Shape. Click Accept.
    • Parameters->Morphs, Right click the Morph name. Click "Edit mode". Right click again. Click ERC Freeze. Accept/
    • File->Save As-> Support Asset-> Morph Asset. Under Properties, Genesis 8 Female > Morphs > Morph Loader > Your new morph - check this box. Accept.
    • This next step is optional, but I just do this to make sure everything is working before I start the conversion. 
    • Clear the scene. Dial up a fresh Genesis 8 female. Go to Parameters-->Morphs  and dial up your character. Load the Material for character. 
    • Load G9 
    • Ctrl-Click G8 and then G9, and click the script!

    It's worked for 100% of my conversions so far (albeiet with a few glitches here and there, but minor)- even V3 and V4, that  were converted to G2, then G3 then G8, and finally G9! Below are a V3 and V4 characters that went through multiple conversions on the way to G8 and now G9. And those are also the original materials, that have been converted along the way.
    The V3 is Real Woman, and V4 is Naiad. Not sure how i managed to break her arm, and I didn't spend time fixing the hair and skirt surfaces, but but you get the idea

    Real Woman G9.jpg
    2373 x 3072 - 779K
    Naiad G9.jpg
    1280 x 1280 - 243K
  • echoescechoesc Posts: 19

    PS - other tools used in the making  of the renders I posted include:several other tools from Riversoft and Sickleyield, including multiple Character Converters, clothing converter, Camera Doctor, and Turbo Loader (for my G8 characters, otherwise I'd still be waiting for them to load! This might the best single tool ever for Daz!!). Love you guys!!

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    ArtofGohan said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    ArtofGohan said:

    Yeah I don't see this g9 converter working for me at all.  I'm using morphs g9 don't even have access to yet (ie killer legs 2.0, ultimate breast morphs, etc)  Till g9 get access to these, my gen 8 custom characters won't ever get converted right.  Oh well.  Guess I will keep using gen 8 like many others who aren't upgrading.  I also believe the problem with this is Daz going to a unisex model but I won't go into that cause that may lead into a discussion many don't want to hear.  Hopefully, gen 10 will be back to being separate models which loads of daz artists are hoping (female and male body separate).  Thanks anyways river.  Nice script btw.  Sucks it can't work for certain NSFW/3DX artists cause of the Unisex model problem and morphs not available yet.

    I am sorry it is not working for you.  We certainly tried hard to get it to work for everyone, but this is a tough problem. 


    Your one you made for g3f to g8f works PERFECTLY, its just when they switched to the one model thing, its REALLY put a damper on converting models now for the NSFW/3DX daz community.  Rumors is, Gen 10 won't make this msitake.  They are switching back and its going to be way more polys yes, but Female and Male will be separated again.  DAZ knows their biggest artist community is in the NSFW area, and now they know how much they screwed up with this gen 9 idea.  Oh well.  I'll just have to wait for gen 10 release.  Keep up the good work guys.  *Thumbs up* 

    The one model part is not the problem as much as the different height and somewhat shape.  And the eyes/mouth as SickeYield has mentioned.  Sorry it did not work for you.

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    echoesc said:

    I started out with almost all bonzai trees, as Gabriel-C referred to them (that cracked me up, although I was kind of frustrated at the time). Dialing down Full body, and using People morph or vice versa was a compromise, and usually didn't look great. But I did find my solution by only using single morph dials for my G8 characters.

    Here's what I did. 
    (There are better tutorials out there for converting multiple morphs into a single morph, but this is my short version, and these are mostly the defaults.. If you want pictures and/or videos, or more options, you can just google or bing for them)
    If you're going do multiple custom conversions, I would advise settinnng up custom actions for creating Genesis 8 Basic Female, and Genesis 9 

    • Load Genesis 8 with all custom morphs. Delete everything else - hair, clothing AND eyelashes. Make sure any HD morphs are changed to 0 and I also change Nails and Nipples to 0 if those are dialed up.
    • Parameters-General-Mesh Resolution. Change Resolution Level from High Resolution to Base, and SubDivision Level to 1. Render SubD Level to 1
    • Export - Choose a folder where this will be easy to find. I used Daz/Studio 4/OBJ Files, but use whatever you like. Save as type - chooose Wavefront Object (*.obj
    • In the dialog box that comes up, for "To" choose DAZ Studio (1 unit - 1 cm). Click on Accept.
    • Clear scene, and bring up a clean Genesis 8 Female.
    • Edit->Object->Morph Loader Pro
    • Click Choose Morph Files. Go to the OBJ you previously created. Open. It should show up under Item. Click Accept. Message should say Created morph successfully. Click Okay
    • Parameters->Morphs. Your new morph should be there. Dial to 100%
    • Tools-> Joint Editor
    • With your Genesis 8 selected, Right click in the viewport, then Edit-> Adjust Rigging to Shape. Click Accept.
    • Parameters->Morphs, Right click the Morph name. Click "Edit mode". Right click again. Click ERC Freeze. Accept/
    • File->Save As-> Support Asset-> Morph Asset. Under Properties, Genesis 8 Female > Morphs > Morph Loader > Your new morph - check this box. Accept.
    • This next step is optional, but I just do this to make sure everything is working before I start the conversion. 
    • Clear the scene. Dial up a fresh Genesis 8 female. Go to Parameters-->Morphs  and dial up your character. Load the Material for character. 
    • Load G9 
    • Ctrl-Click G8 and then G9, and click the script!

    It's worked for 100% of my conversions so far (albeiet with a few glitches here and there, but minor)- even V3 and V4, that  were converted to G2, then G3 then G8, and finally G9! Below are a V3 and V4 characters that went through multiple conversions on the way to G8 and now G9. And those are also the original materials, that have been converted along the way.
    The V3 is Real Woman, and V4 is Naiad. Not sure how i managed to break her arm, and I didn't spend time fixing the hair and skirt surfaces, but but you get the idea

    Thanks for sharing!

  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,433

    echoesc said:

    PS - other tools used in the making  of the renders I posted include:several other tools from Riversoft and Sickleyield, including multiple Character Converters, clothing converter, Camera Doctor, and Turbo Loader (for my G8 characters, otherwise I'd still be waiting for them to load! This might the best single tool ever for Daz!!). Love you guys!!

    You're welcome!  I am glad you like the tools smiley

  • BAM! RendersBAM! Renders Posts: 123

    RiverSoftArt said:

    ArtofGohan said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    ArtofGohan said:

    Yeah I don't see this g9 converter working for me at all.  I'm using morphs g9 don't even have access to yet (ie killer legs 2.0, ultimate breast morphs, etc)  Till g9 get access to these, my gen 8 custom characters won't ever get converted right.  Oh well.  Guess I will keep using gen 8 like many others who aren't upgrading.  I also believe the problem with this is Daz going to a unisex model but I won't go into that cause that may lead into a discussion many don't want to hear.  Hopefully, gen 10 will be back to being separate models which loads of daz artists are hoping (female and male body separate).  Thanks anyways river.  Nice script btw.  Sucks it can't work for certain NSFW/3DX artists cause of the Unisex model problem and morphs not available yet.

    I am sorry it is not working for you.  We certainly tried hard to get it to work for everyone, but this is a tough problem. 


    Your one you made for g3f to g8f works PERFECTLY, its just when they switched to the one model thing, its REALLY put a damper on converting models now for the NSFW/3DX daz community.  Rumors is, Gen 10 won't make this msitake.  They are switching back and its going to be way more polys yes, but Female and Male will be separated again.  DAZ knows their biggest artist community is in the NSFW area, and now they know how much they screwed up with this gen 9 idea.  Oh well.  I'll just have to wait for gen 10 release.  Keep up the good work guys.  *Thumbs up* 

    The one model part is not the problem as much as the different height and somewhat shape.  And the eyes/mouth as SickeYield has mentioned.  Sorry it did not work for you.

    Actually, now that you mentioned that, why did they make gen 9 so much smaller in height compared to other previous gens? 

Sign In or Register to comment.