[Released] RSSY Character And Material Conversion Bundle Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,376

ArtofGohan said:

RiverSoftArt said:

ArtofGohan said:

RiverSoftArt said:

ArtofGohan said:

Yeah I don't see this g9 converter working for me at all.  I'm using morphs g9 don't even have access to yet (ie killer legs 2.0, ultimate breast morphs, etc)  Till g9 get access to these, my gen 8 custom characters won't ever get converted right.  Oh well.  Guess I will keep using gen 8 like many others who aren't upgrading.  I also believe the problem with this is Daz going to a unisex model but I won't go into that cause that may lead into a discussion many don't want to hear.  Hopefully, gen 10 will be back to being separate models which loads of daz artists are hoping (female and male body separate).  Thanks anyways river.  Nice script btw.  Sucks it can't work for certain NSFW/3DX artists cause of the Unisex model problem and morphs not available yet.

I am sorry it is not working for you.  We certainly tried hard to get it to work for everyone, but this is a tough problem. 

Your one you made for g3f to g8f works PERFECTLY, its just when they switched to the one model thing, its REALLY put a damper on converting models now for the NSFW/3DX daz community.  Rumors is, Gen 10 won't make this msitake.  They are switching back and its going to be way more polys yes, but Female and Male will be separated again.  DAZ knows their biggest artist community is in the NSFW area, and now they know how much they screwed up with this gen 9 idea.  Oh well.  I'll just have to wait for gen 10 release.  Keep up the good work guys.  *Thumbs up* 

The one model part is not the problem as much as the different height and somewhat shape.  And the eyes/mouth as SickeYield has mentioned.  Sorry it did not work for you.

Actually, now that you mentioned that, why did they make gen 9 so much smaller in height compared to other previous gens? 

They wanted to make the models more representative of the population.  Most women are not model height for example.

• jimlinjimlin Posts: 146

HI did not work for me now every time i load a g9 character the g8 morphs load with it and duplicate files found how do i stop this

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 445

I know this is a bit of a cop-out, but turning the figure into a single morph, then splitting it with the free character splitter and THEN converting the resulting character gets the best results.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,884

jimlin said:

HI did not work for me now every time i load a g9 character the g8 morphs load with it and duplicate files found how do i stop this

Yes, I also got duplicate files with loading of Genesis 9.

Would be great, if someone will come up with the tool to fix such duplicates.

It is never ending story with so many contents creators.

edited May 2023

Eboshijaana said:

I know this is a bit of a cop-out, but turning the figure into a single morph, then splitting it with the free character splitter and THEN converting the resulting character gets the best results.

It is an interesting idea.

What is this free character splitter, you are talking about?

Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

Eboshijaana said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/617476/character-splitter This.

Artini said:

jimlin said:

No **G8** morphs will load with G9.  Duplicate files means something else. 

The script renames all converted morphs with RSSY in front of the name so there is no collisions with other creators' names.

Eboshijaana said:

Artini said:

Eboshijaana said:

The script does split the morphs based on what the morph affects.  The NECK_RANGE variable in the constants file specifies the low and high Y value for the cutoff for whether a morph affects the body or the head only.   

Load a G8 figure, paste the following into the IDE pane and execute (change the NAME (not label) and the low, high in the GetMorphTypeFromName function call to try out different morphs and different ranges):

function GetMorphType( oGeom, oMorph, neckLow, neckHigh )

{

if (oMorph.name.toUpperCase().startsWith('FHM')) return 'Head';

else if (oMorph.name.toUpperCase().startsWith('FBM')) return 'Body';

// do it the hard way

var oDeltas = oMorph.getDeltas();

oDeltas.loadDeltas();

if (oDeltas.getNumDeltas() == 0)

{

if (output_debugL2) print('%1 morph does not have deltas'.arg(oMorph.getValueChannel().getLabel()));

return '';

}

var bAffectsHead = false;

var bAffectsBody = false;

var y;

for (var i = 0; i < oDeltas.getNumDeltas(); i++)

{

y = oGeom.getVertex(oDeltas.getDeltaIndex(i)).y;

if (y < neckLow) bAffectsBody = true;

else if (y > neckHigh) bAffectsHead = true;

if (bAffectsBody && bAffectsHead) return 'Full';

}

if (bAffectsHead) return 'Head';

else if (bAffectsBody) return 'Body';

return ''; // basically neck

}

function GetMorphTypeFromName(name, neckLow, neckHigh)

{

var node = Scene.getPrimarySelection();

if (!node) return 'Select a figure';

var morph = node.getObject().findModifier(name);

if (!morph) return 'Morph name not found';

return GetMorphType( node.getObject().getCurrentShape().getGeometry(), morph, neckLow, neckHigh )

}

print(GetMorphTypeFromName('Sylvian Head', 151, 165));

• kerrykerry Posts: 74

Firstly the problem is my fault, I didn't read the instructions, just jumped right in.

I created a custom conversion, but didn't do it properly, 

1) I never used it from the scripts menu just straight from smart content. Instructions say that's important.
    2) I instructed it to start converting without correctly setting the output directory (I think that was the mistake i made)

The result was a perfectly great converted custom character but G9 in general stopped working as expected.

Now any new file with a new G9 loaded gives me an error, as does any store-bought G9 character or newly converted G9 character. 
    The error is Duplicate formulas found in files. make sure the content is properly installed. See log for more
    log and other Details are attached.

I then have to press a dialogue box to get the character to load which it then works fine. However, I can't just let the script do its thing and convert a bunch at a time and that is where this niggle becomes a real annoyance.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Any help fixing would be greatly appreciated.

I'm open to the idea it might be an unrelated coincidence. It's just G9 was working ok before and not after so naturally linked them.

I paid penance for my mistake when I finally read the instructions before converting 30 male characters and had to press ok dialogue twice in the process for each. so had to supervise the script for 2 hours

BTW, Overall I'm really very happy with the product.

gen 9 no longer loading folder structure.png
    837 x 717 - 64K
    gen 9 no longer loading.png
    696 x 375 - 71K
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M

RiverSoftArt said:

Artini said:

jimlin said:

No **G8** morphs will load with G9.  Duplicate files means something else. 

The script renames all converted morphs with RSSY in front of the name so there is no collisions with other creators' names.

Sorry, I was not clear - I got duplicate files on Genesis 9 before installing your scripts

and just took opportunity to begging for help with them.

I just wonder, how to deal with them. Maybe Daz Studio Beta will help.

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

Artini said:

Eboshijaana said:

The script does split the morphs based on what the morph affects.  The NECK_RANGE variable in the constants file specifies the low and high Y value for the cutoff for whether a morph affects the body or the head only.   

Load a G8 figure, paste the following into the IDE pane and execute (change the NAME (not label) and the low, high in the GetMorphTypeFromName function call to try out different morphs and different ranges):

{

// do it the hard way

oDeltas.loadDeltas();

{

if (output_debugL2) print('%1 morph does not have deltas'.arg(oMorph.getValueChannel().getLabel()));

return '';

}

var y;

{

}

}

{

return GetMorphType( node.getObject().getCurrentShape().getGeometry(), morph, neckLow, neckHigh )

}

Thanks for all of the tips.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

I seem to be getting several errors while converting a G8.1 figure where the main script cannot find other scripts,  yet they are installed & in the correct place.  

Error 1. Cannot find Charactor Converter Eye Placement.dse

Error 2. RSSY Genesys 8.1 Eye Suit.duf cannot be found

Please see screenshots.

Screenshot 1 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsdtc2h88ywkh2h/Screenshot1.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/yu029xstbqj88oe/screenshot2.jpg?dl=0

Sorry I had to use links to the images as the forum is not uploading files.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,261
    edited May 2023

Character shapes between generations mix better than I thought they would. This is 50% Michael 9 and 50% Pablo 8.1. I call him Pablo Miguel 8.55. 

PM8.55.jpg
    714 x 1000 - 447K
    Post edited by Timbales on
  • KeironKeiron Posts: 413
    edited May 2023

Hi RiversoftArt

I had to change my PC motherboard, so I have completely reinstalled eveything from scratch. no Daz folders at all

Had a job installing Daz Studio using DIM. but the other installer worked in the end

There are now no Genesis 9 modified morphs from using your app only the original one's

I woke up wondering, if opened up the Genesis 9 figure and applied the nail morphs what would happen?

Well using the Genesis 9 figure it does the same with the nail morphs without your app

The MSO_G9_NAILS WORK OK

A&AB NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

HALLIE NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

A&A NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

ACRILIC NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD AND CAUSE THE NOW FEMALE FIGURE TO LOOK UNFED 

CYNDER81 NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

CYNDER_LONG_SQUARE NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURETO LOOK UNFED

DT-BEAUTIFUL NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

DT-FARAH NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

DT NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

KAYLEYSS SQUARE NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

LONG NAILS BY FWART  MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

CB SQUARE NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

MOUSSO NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

OZ NAILS NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

SQUARE NAILS BY FWSA MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

STELETTA  NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURE

DEMONHDFINGER  NAIL FIX MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A MALE FIGURE

DEMONHDFINGER  NAIL FIX hd MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A MALE FIGURE

HALLE EYE DETAILS HD EYES AND MOUTH DISTORTED AT 100% CHANGES WHOLE FACE

CATHERINE EYE EFFECTS WHOLE FACE

EYERIM REFINE HD EYES AND MOUTH DISTORTED AT 100% CHANGES WHOLE FACE

EYES CORNEA BULGE CHANGES FACE SHAPE

GOU LUK TOTALY CORRUPTS  FIGURE

GOU LUK WITHOUT EYEBROWS TOTALY CORRUPTS  FIGURE

DEMON HDEYE MOISTURE FIX CHANGES INTO A MALE FIGURE

OTHER G9 EYE MORPHS WORK FINE

DT FARAH HEAD CHANGES G9  BODY TO FEMALE

DT FELICIA HEAD OK

DT KIRANA HEAD CHANGES G9 BODY TO FEMAIL WITH SOME HEAD DISTORTION

DANAE HEAD OK

DOVE HEAD OK

DUCIBELLA HD HEAD OK

EILEEN HEAD OK

ELENA HEAD HD OK

EMMALEIGH HEAD OK

EMMANUELLE  HEAD OK

ENDELLION HEAD OK

ERIKA HEAD CHANGES G9 TO FEMALE

EYRNN HEAD OK

ETSU HEAD CHANGES G9 BODY TO FEMALE

EVANGELINE HEAD OK

EVELYN HEAD OK

GA CIRCA HEAD OK

GEM HEAD 1 OK

GEN HEAD 2 OK

GEMMA HEAD OK

GOU LUK HEAD LOOKS DISTORTED

GWYN HEAD OK

HD RIO HEAD OK

HALLIE HEAD OK

HALLIE HEAD HD OK

HASHIMOTO HEAD CHANGES G9 BODY TO FEMALE

HELINA HEAD HD OK

HYUNA HEAD OK

JA DEVERY HEAD OK

MSO ALEXANDRA HEAD OK

VICTORIA HEAD OK

VICTORIA HEAD 8.1 OK

ZELARA HEAD OK

GS_ MISSINGHEAD_HD_LV4 CHANGES G9 BODY TO FEMALE

PHMTEENGAOHEAD SHAPE ADJUST1 OK

PHMTEENGAOHEAD SHAPE ADJUST1 OK CHANGES G9 BODY TO FEMALE

'CLEARLY A LOT OF THESE MORPHS ACT ON THE G9 FIGURE INCORRECTLY'  BEFORE USING YOUR APP '

HOPE THAT HELPS

Post edited by Keiron on

kerry said:

Firstly the problem is my fault, I didn't read the instructions, just jumped right in.

1) I never used it from the scripts menu just straight from smart content. Instructions say that's important.
    2) I instructed it to start converting without correctly setting the output directory (I think that was the mistake i made)

The result was a perfectly great converted custom character but G9 in general stopped working as expected.

Now any new file with a new G9 loaded gives me an error, as does any store-bought G9 character or newly converted G9 character. 
    The error is Duplicate formulas found in files. make sure the content is properly installed. See log for more

I then have to press a dialogue box to get the character to load which it then works fine. However, I can't just let the script do its thing and convert a bunch at a time and that is where this niggle becomes a real annoyance.

I'm open to the idea it might be an unrelated coincidence. It's just G9 was working ok before and not after so naturally linked them.

I paid penance for my mistake when I finally read the instructions before converting 30 male characters and had to press ok dialogue twice in the process for each. so had to supervise the script for 2 hours

Where did you specify the output directory?  I think you probably used the "My Daz 3D Library" and something got overwritten?  The output directory should never be into the main library.  It should be the "My Library".  I think you need to reinstall Genesis 9 and possibly G9 Starter Essentials.

Artini said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Eboshijaana said:

Artini said:

Eboshijaana said:

{

// do it the hard way

oDeltas.loadDeltas();

{

return '';

}

var y;

{

}

}

{

}

Thanks for all of the tips.

Your welcome!

BTW, if you think the NECK_RANGE should be different, please let me know and why.  I am happy to change it if I got it slightly wrong.

Keiron said:

Hi RiversoftArt

I had to change my PC motherboard, so I have completely reinstalled eveything from scratch. no Daz folders at all

Had a job installing Daz Studio using DIM. but the other installer worked in the end

There are now no Genesis 9 modified morphs from using your app only the original one's

I woke up wondering, if opened up the Genesis 9 figure and applied the nail morphs what would happen?

Well using the Genesis 9 figure it does the same with the nail morphs without your app

The MSO_G9_NAILS WORK OK

ACRILIC NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD AND CAUSE THE NOW FEMALE FIGURE TO LOOK UNFED 

CYNDER_LONG_SQUARE NAILS MORPH THE WHOLE BODY NOT THE HEAD TO A FEMALE FIGURETO LOOK UNFED

DT FELICIA HEAD OK

DANAE HEAD OK

DOVE HEAD OK

DUCIBELLA HD HEAD OK

EILEEN HEAD OK

ELENA HEAD HD OK

EMMALEIGH HEAD OK

EMMANUELLE  HEAD OK

ENDELLION HEAD OK

EYRNN HEAD OK

EVANGELINE HEAD OK

EVELYN HEAD OK

GA CIRCA HEAD OK

GEM HEAD 1 OK

GEN HEAD 2 OK

GEMMA HEAD OK

GWYN HEAD OK

HD RIO HEAD OK

HALLIE HEAD OK

HALLIE HEAD HD OK

HELINA HEAD HD OK

HYUNA HEAD OK

JA DEVERY HEAD OK

MSO ALEXANDRA HEAD OK

VICTORIA HEAD OK

VICTORIA HEAD 8.1 OK

ZELARA HEAD OK

'CLEARLY A LOT OF THESE MORPHS ACT ON THE G9 FIGURE INCORRECTLY'  BEFORE USING YOUR APP '

HOPE THAT HELPS

I am confused what you are saying @Keiron.  How can G8 morphs work on G9 without being converted?

Platnumk said:

I seem to be getting several errors while converting a G8.1 figure where the main script cannot find other scripts,  yet they are installed & in the correct place.  

Please see screenshots.

I think you are on a mac?  There is an issue that I am fixing now.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Platnumk said:

Please see screenshots.

I think you are on a mac?  There is an issue that I am fixing now.

Sounds like the same issue I had, see earlier posts. I'm on macos ventura latest release, running on M2 Max chipset. I've provided Mr Riversoft with the logs, so hopefully he can get to take a look at this when he isn't slammed. Patience... 

Timbales said:

Character shapes between generations mix better than I thought they would. This is 50% Michael 9 and 50% Pablo 8.1. I call him Pablo Miguel 8.55. 

He looks good! smiley  Thanks for sharing.

• KeironKeiron Posts: 413
    edited May 2023

Hi

If you add a g9 model to the scene then apply the morphs ie 8 or 8.1 that i've mentioned you get bad results, the same as you get when  you have created a g9 transfer

in other words you get the same issue with appying a g8 or 8.1 to a g9 figure that you see in a g9 modified one

To clarify this further

I used your app to create morphs for the g9 figure from the g8 and g9

I listed the ones I had found problems with head, body, eyes, eyelashes. I could dial out a number of these issues, it looks like a number of dials were not set to 0 some had missing amounts and had a ? mark next to them

I have then now tried using the existing 8, 8.1 morphs on the g9 to  see what happens

I see very simular issues to both existing and the app modded morphs, what im pointing out is that the existing morphs head should not control the body but they do in some and dont in others

Your app is'nt causing this

Hi RiversoftArt

The MSO_G9_NAILS WORK OK

DT FELICIA HEAD OK

DANAE HEAD OK

DOVE HEAD OK

DUCIBELLA HD HEAD OK

EILEEN HEAD OK

ELENA HEAD HD OK

EMMALEIGH HEAD OK

EMMANUELLE  HEAD OK

ENDELLION HEAD OK

EYRNN HEAD OK

EVANGELINE HEAD OK

EVELYN HEAD OK

GA CIRCA HEAD OK

GEM HEAD 1 OK

GEN HEAD 2 OK

GEMMA HEAD OK

GWYN HEAD OK

HD RIO HEAD OK

HALLIE HEAD OK

HALLIE HEAD HD OK

HELINA HEAD HD OK

HYUNA HEAD OK

JA DEVERY HEAD OK

MSO ALEXANDRA HEAD OK

VICTORIA HEAD OK

VICTORIA HEAD 8.1 OK

ZELARA HEAD OK

HOPE THAT HELPS

Post edited by Keiron on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437
    edited May 2023

I'm trying to convert an 8.1 character, but the conversion hangs on ERC Freezing: Neck Size. Which means the program becomes unresponsive, and I have to force close Daz Studio.

Where are converted morph files saved to in the data folder? I have to delete them and start again.

Post edited by N-RArts on

Keiron said:

Hi

If you add a g9 model to the scene then apply the morphs ie 8 or 8.1 that i've mentioned you get bad results, the same as you get when  you have created a g9 transfer

in other words you get the same issue with appying a g8 or 8.1 to a g9 figure that you see in a g9 modified one

To clarify this further

I used your app to create morphs for the g9 figure from the g8 and g9

I listed the ones I had found problems with head, body, eyes, eyelashes. I could dial out a number of these issues, it looks like a number of dials were not set to 0 some had missing amounts and had a ? mark next to them

I have then now tried using the existing 8, 8.1 morphs on the g9 to  see what happens

I see very simular issues to both existing and the app modded morphs, what im pointing out is that the existing morphs head should not control the body but they do in some and dont in others

Your app is'nt causing this

Hi RiversoftArt

The MSO_G9_NAILS WORK OK

DT FELICIA HEAD OK

DANAE HEAD OK

DOVE HEAD OK

DUCIBELLA HD HEAD OK

EILEEN HEAD OK

ELENA HEAD HD OK

EMMALEIGH HEAD OK

EMMANUELLE  HEAD OK

ENDELLION HEAD OK

EYRNN HEAD OK

EVANGELINE HEAD OK

EVELYN HEAD OK

GA CIRCA HEAD OK

GEM HEAD 1 OK

GEN HEAD 2 OK

GEMMA HEAD OK

GWYN HEAD OK

HD RIO HEAD OK

HALLIE HEAD OK

HALLIE HEAD HD OK

HELINA HEAD HD OK

HYUNA HEAD OK

JA DEVERY HEAD OK

MSO ALEXANDRA HEAD OK

VICTORIA HEAD OK

VICTORIA HEAD 8.1 OK

ZELARA HEAD OK

HOPE THAT HELPS

Ah!  I think I understand now. Thanks.

N-RArts said:

I'm trying to convert an 8.1 character, but the conversion hangs on ERC Freezing: Neck Size. Which means the program becomes unresponsive, and I have to force close Daz Studio.

Where are converted morph files saved to in the data folder? I have to delete them and start again.

What does the Daz Log say?  If you bring up the Daz Log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File...) in Notepad++, Notepad++ will detect when the log file changes so you can get all the messages DS sent out before it hung?  It might be that it hung in a different place.  

As far what happens after ERC freeze, the next major steps are creating the character property, saving the morphs, copying the materials, and then finally saving the character.

Submitted update today:

• Added user options for Transfer Utility settings to hopefully improve morphs
      • Added Distance Tolerance option
      • Added Adaptive Tolerance option
    • Fixed ExecuteScript to NOT do an IncludeFile call. This was messing up on the mac
    • Fixed bug in LoadMaterialSuits function where calling IncludeFile twice was messing up on the mac

RiverSoftArt said:

Submitted update today:

• Fixed ExecuteScript to NOT do an IncludeFile call. This was messing up on the mac
    • Fixed bug in LoadMaterialSuits function where calling IncludeFile twice was messing up on the mac

Here's hoping the additions will work. I'm glad to have helped even if only a bit.

• JeremionJeremion Posts: 46
    edited May 2023

I only tried to convert Michael 8.1, and so far I don't get it fine as G9. Issues on the eyes (not well placed, nor good size and when trying to move them with powerpose, they just go out of the head xD) and the morph around the eyes is not OK. So, I don't know really what to do to get better result. I will try again.

Post edited by Jeremion on
  • kerrykerry Posts: 74

RiverSoftArt said:

kerry said:

Where did you specify the output directory?  I think you probably used the "My Daz 3D Library" and something got overwritten?  The output directory should never be into the main library.  It should be the "My Library".  I think you need to reinstall Genesis 9 and possibly G9 Starter Essentials.

Thanks, fixed it, I somehow selected a folder that wasn't in any of my Daz Folders but it's now in My Library and all is working as it should be.

Eboshijaana said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Submitted update today:

Here's hoping the additions will work. I'm glad to have helped even if only a bit.

Thanks for testing smiley

edited June 2023

Jeremion said:

I only tried to convert Michael 8.1, and so far I don't get it fine as G9. Issues on the eyes (not well placed, nor good size and when trying to move them with powerpose, they just go out of the head xD) and the morph around the eyes is not OK. So, I don't know really what to do to get better result. I will try again.

Michael should not be a problem at all.  You do not need the eye dialog.  It sounds like a morph was created on the eyes that are moving them.  Check in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 9\Genesis 9 Eyes\Morphs to see if there is an eye morph that could be engaging that messes things up (a quick way is just to rename this directory so none of the eye morphs engage.  Look for this folder under the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager (which is usually My Library)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on