Rev up discount

So I was wondering - when they say you can save up to an additional 40%, is that 40%+40% = 80% off the order, or 40% off an already discounted 40% ie. 64% off?

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Are you SERIOUS??????????

We LOSE 1 x RevUp if we DON'T purchase each day????

Wow. That really sucks. That's got to be the WORST sale I've ever seen in my life. 

Penalise us for not buying every SINGLE day the festival sale is on. Like we can all afford to purchase something every day.

No thanks DAZ. I'm out of this sale. Just on principal alone. 

Wow. 

• You lose a rev if you don't buy today, but can gain the one you lost back if you purchase tomorrow.  With punches, I used to have to buy 5 things to get an additional discount and so I was almost always losing out on that additional discount.  So far, this is working much better for me, especially since I had purchased one of the designated Pro Packs.

• Yeah, I can accept the punch sales as an incentivator, as reviled as they often are, but this... thing--this is pure evil.

Also, not very effective: I just realized I can save a lot of money for the PC anniversary.

• makes it hard if you want the savings bonus if there's nothing you want from that day's new releases even though it says still featured items are included but if there's nothing there your interested in you have to buy something for the sake of it so you don't lose your stacked up bonus which guess increases each day in the hope their is something being released in the days that follow that you really may want and get to use the bonus savings big gamble really liked the punch card deals they had during the v7 release better nearly filled that up on my spending sprees and got a lot of great deals this one think miss and wait because I know there are a lot of big things coming out this month and next and I want to stretch my money for those first and not miss out on something really want and instead of buying stuff I may be interested in but also buying just for the sake of a bonus I may lose and or may not use

• Yeah, opting to actually impliment a punishment system for their customers seems off. It's more agressive than usual for DAZ... even a little mean spirited.

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096
    edited September 2015

Just buy one thing on any given day, even if there are three things you want from the day. That way, if tomorrow's stuff isn't worth it, then you can buy something else while it's still featured.

That most of today's critters are some version of iClone is rather annoying.

Post edited by DarkSpartan on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,764

I have to wonder if anyone actually plays the stupid DAZ games anymore?  If you want the best price, just wait two months or so and PA items will be on sale for 50-60% off, while the D.O.s will be 65-70% off.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited September 2015

crying

sick emoji.jpg
    329 x 329 - 13K
    Post edited by HorusRa on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

Now I see how that 40% discount "at the begining" of the PA Festival works for having purchased Scott 6 and Karen 7 Pro Bundles.  My additional Rev-Up meter is already displaying 40% off which is stacking with a new PA product's intro discount resulting with 64% off on today's PA releases.  Let's see how long that Rev-Up meter stays at 40%.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Here's my take; I started with 4 'rev up' points.  I wanted two things from today's 'menu'.  One was the bikini, the other was the room.  I don't NEED the room, but I do think Hongyu's bikini's are usually worth having, and at $5 and change it's a steal.  So I got the bikini.  Tomorrow, if there's nothing, I'll get the room; if there is one thing, I'll still get the room.  If there's two things, then I'll consider my options further.

But if I don't want anything tomorrow, and I get the room, and then the NEXT day there's STILL nothing I want, my discount drops from 64% off to 58% off, which is still better than usual.  If it goes another day (rare, based on history) then my discount will be just 52%.  It takes 4 days to drop under 50%, and 5 days to disappear completely.

You keep more discount than you did during the changeover from one week of 'punches' to another.  You 'have to' buy WAY less to get a good discount than you did in prior sales.

All told, it's a better sale than the punch cards.  Sure, it's banking slightly on FOMO, but it's still a better deal than past sales.

Now if you're starting from zero, that might make the calculation a little harder, which makes me a little unsure if it was the right call...but they know how many of their customers will start with zero, and I don't.

--  Morgan

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621

...what ever happened to a nice, simple, flat 40% or 50% discount like the major sales events used to offer?

Why all the silly gimmicks? Crikey, I paid my dues learning "new math" back in the 60s.

kyoto kid said:

...what ever happened to a nice, simple, flat 40% or 50% discount like the major sales events used to offer?

Why all the silly gimmicks? Crikey, I paid my dues learning "new math" back in the 60s.

yes

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

You aren't seeing 40% off on today's 6 PA Releases?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    kyoto kid said:

Ignore the rev ups and you get a flat 40%.  If things you want show up in a sequence that gives you an extra discount, that;s gravy.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited September 2015
    Edited
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Sounds like the Rev up is working all ready Lol!angel

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621
    edited September 2015

...I'd rather have one of those "Buy one, Buy two, Buy three" type sales. Actually was able to cash in on them a couple times, the last one being MM when I got the complete Old Railway set for 16$ and change (about 85$ list)

There were a lot of instances, sometimes a couple days in a row, when featured items were a genre I don't work in like horror or fantasy (the latter an oft popular theme during sales here) so I wouldn't purchase anything unless there was an PA's store featured that day which had something I needed. Of course that would not qualify for a "rev"..

The real deal breaker on this one is (as others have mentioned), if you don't purchase a new release every day (at an average of 12 - 14$  ea), you lose discount points. At least with the "1, 2, 3" sales you didn't lose anything if you didn't make a purchase.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • To me, this is the sale that's not a sale.  I would generally rack up a decent discount during the multi-week punch card sales simply because there were often things I could use offered at a substantial discount.  With only a four day (or four item) swing each way there's really no incentive for me as I am not going to spend money on items that I have no current need for just to maintain a particular level of discount for when something I really can use shows up as a new release.

• Does buying one of the free featured items count? 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314

I understand the concerns, but what I like about this formula is that you only need to buy a single item to get a discount, and 4 (over 4 days) to get the max discount, where as with the punch sales you needed to buy 5 items for any kind of discount, and 25 for the max discount. How much I personally will play this game remains to be seen, but I prefer the idea over last years.

edited September 2015

I say bring on G3M/Michael 7 and lets really kick this thing off. haha smiley

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2015

Um, flaw one- you don't know how many days those items are going to be offered, so holding out to buy one to get 10% added might not work. What's the answer on that, will today's items still be available to qualify tomorrow, the next day? We need to know the options. Or are they only rev'vd the first day?

Second, if starting from scratch, 40% off 100% leaves paying 60%, then 40% off that means you're paying 36%, so your discount is 64%. That is a decent discount. But losing that discount is a deal breaker- with the monthy PC+ coupond, I can get $6 off and not have to spend ANYTHING to get it- and it's more than 64% off a lot of things. If I look at having to spend everyday to keep a discount, it's better to sit out, depending on if I will USE what is offered.

Post edited by Novica on

64%

An item qualifies for 3 days, so today's items qualify today, tomorrow, or Thursday.

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Yeah I just saw this. As a mainly Male Clothes buyer I will probably never get off 0 for more than a day at a time, if I am lucky. Punished because nothing I want is released - how backwards is that. I gave up with Punches after the first time, I am not even going to start this game. Well it will mean a quick look each day and then away from the site until the give us a dark theme again that doesn't hurt my eyes can I can spend time browsing.

• Novica said:

But losing that discount is a deal breaker- with the monthy PC+ coupond, I can get $6 off and not have to spend ANYTHING to get it- and it's more than 64% off a lot of things. If I look at having to spend everyday to keep a discount, it's better to sit out, depending on if I will USE what is offered.

I don't understand how that has anything to do with the sale items.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Well I doubt I'll get many Rev Up points then, as most of the fantasy, warrior and horror stuff on Daz I wouldn't buy anyway.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

An item qualifies for 3 days, so today's items qualify today, tomorrow, or Thursday.

That's good! Makes it easier to plan.

• 64%

That's a Pity. They have 60% off of artist catalogues all the time, so it hardly seems worthwhile to buy stuff for the sake of buying, at a much lower discount, to try to keep your revs up, in the hope that you can maybe save 4% later on. Unless you're a big spender you're going to lose far more in the long run. 

Fun concept though. I have to applaud the people at Daz for always trying to keep things fresh and intersting. Hopefully they mix the PA month up with a few good fast grabs for the hobyists amounst us. 

• As a matter of principle I will not participate in a sale based on the principle of punishing the customer for not buying. When I first read the terms of this latest BS I had to do a double-take, then a triple-take. Really? Instead of earning a discount, you lose a discount when you don't buy something that you don't want?

What idiot came up with that one?