[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 [Commercial]

124»

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371

wildbillnash said:

I have a problem with the RSSY clothing converter for gen 8- gen 9. Actually, several. I bought it today and came up with a problem similar to the RSSY Hair conversion (haven't tackel that one yet).

First, thanks to a Dutch made video (I don't speak Dutch) I was able to figure out to assign the destination folder. Again, thanks to the video, I "think" I found out how to get to the source folder. I did find the folder with my Gen 8 clothing. I went through the process (I won't go into the shoes/posing problem yet) and the program stopped at 90% done. That was close to 45 minutes before it froze up. Daz worked fine. And I could easily close out of the program. But it refused to convert around 20-25 of the last items.

So, I went to my smart content and found only a small percent of the items made it under 'wardrobe'. If I go into my "Content Library" folder under the "Content Library" tab I find all of them there. Why don't they show up in the folders in the wardrobe folder?

I check the Dress folder and saw only 30 out of 60 had made it. Any ideas?

Oh, I forgot to mention. I was doing a batch conversion of all my clothes.

It is hard to diagnose a batch run as errors can build up.  If you post a Daz log (not the log shown in the script dialog), I can try and tell you what might be happening.  For Smart Content, it is usually something wrong with the metadata of the original clothing.

• RiverSoftArt said:

wildbillnash said:

I have a problem with the RSSY clothing converter for gen 8- gen 9. Actually, several. I bought it today and came up with a problem similar to the RSSY Hair conversion (haven't tackel that one yet).

First, thanks to a Dutch made video (I don't speak Dutch) I was able to figure out to assign the destination folder. Again, thanks to the video, I "think" I found out how to get to the source folder. I did find the folder with my Gen 8 clothing. I went through the process (I won't go into the shoes/posing problem yet) and the program stopped at 90% done. That was close to 45 minutes before it froze up. Daz worked fine. And I could easily close out of the program. But it refused to convert around 20-25 of the last items.

So, I went to my smart content and found only a small percent of the items made it under 'wardrobe'. If I go into my "Content Library" folder under the "Content Library" tab I find all of them there. Why don't they show up in the folders in the wardrobe folder?

I check the Dress folder and saw only 30 out of 60 had made it. Any ideas?

Oh, I forgot to mention. I was doing a batch conversion of all my clothes.

It is hard to diagnose a batch run as errors can build up.  If you post a Daz log (not the log shown in the script dialog), I can try and tell you what might be happening.  For Smart Content, it is usually something wrong with the metadata of the original clothing.

I hate to ask this, but where will I get that log? I"m not a programmer and know enough to be dangerous with Daz.

BTW, something I would like to point out as well. In your instructions you mentioned about assigning the destination folder and the source folder. I had NO idea how to find the source folder. Your instructions assumed everyone knows how to do it. For those who don't are left behind. I had to watch that Dutch video to figure out all I had to do is click on an item in my content folder to browse to the folder's location. That helped a lot once I saw it. You might want to add that little tip to the instructions.

• Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File.

%appdata%/daz 3d/studio4/

• wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 713
    edited February 26

Thanks for the path, Richard.

RiverSoft Art, I'm also having the same trouble with your hair conversion. You need to tell us 'how' to find the source files and make sure we are in the correct output folder. Also, is there a way to add your hair conversion add-on into the Favorite's in the menu bar? There's no video for it online.

Post edited by wildbillnash on
  • Richard, after clicking the "View Log File" in that path you gave, all I got were text files in different tabs. The second line you gave, what's that for?

• The first opens the log, the second gives its location - paste it into a file browser adderss bar (e.g. the one for Attach a File here ) and it will then show the right folder, from which you can select log.txt.

edited February 27

wildbillnash said:

Thanks for the path, Richard.

RiverSoft Art, I'm also having the same trouble with your hair conversion. You need to tell us 'how' to find the source files and make sure we are in the correct output folder. Also, is there a way to add your hair conversion add-on into the Favorite's in the menu bar? There's no video for it online.

The problem is that people configure DS how they want so it is difficult.  ****IF**** you used the defaults for installation, there is a My Library folder for your content (as opposed to a My Daz 3D Library where all the Daz installed content is stored).  The My Library folder SHOULD be the first directory listed in the Daz Studio Formats section of the Content Directory Manager:

If that is all true, you would create a My Library/People/Genesis 9/Clothing (My Library/People/Genesis 9/Hair for hair) directory.  That should be the output folder selected in the script and where all the user facing (visible to the user) files will be located. The DATA files created for each item by the script will end up in My Library/data/VENDOR NAME/PRODUCT NAME.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

I think there might be some sort of incompatibility between this clothing converter and Studio 4.22.0.16 (Windows 10)

i was trying to convert Operation Arrowhead to G9. https://www.daz3d.com/operation-arrowhead-spy-kit-for-genesis-8-female

i tried at first with Execute and it failed because it decided that nothing in there was clothing of type follower/wardrobe, which seems to happen somewhat frequently.

I then tried using Force Convert Clothing and it seemed like nothing happened. It put the clothing converter into the scene, put the clothing item into the scene, and then just ... stopped. It didn't stop responding -- I was able to cancel and close the converter window -- but it didn't do the conversion. It created the drectory for the clothing to go into, but did nothing else.

Even weirder, the Clothing Converter logfile is empty. Absolutely and completely empty, as if it hadn't even started running.

When I exit Studio after trying to run the converter, instead Studio crashes with the message:
    - DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtCore4.dll" at 0033:000000007654C8FC, QEventLoop::exit()+12 byte(s)

Unfortunately, it's not a "clean" crash -- I then have to go into Task Manager and kill another eight processes that are lingering.

I have no idea what to try next.

vwrangler said:

I think there might be some sort of incompatibility between this clothing converter and Studio 4.22.0.16 (Windows 10)

i was trying to convert Operation Arrowhead to G9. https://www.daz3d.com/operation-arrowhead-spy-kit-for-genesis-8-female

i tried at first with Execute and it failed because it decided that nothing in there was clothing of type follower/wardrobe, which seems to happen somewhat frequently.

I then tried using Force Convert Clothing and it seemed like nothing happened. It put the clothing converter into the scene, put the clothing item into the scene, and then just ... stopped. It didn't stop responding -- I was able to cancel and close the converter window -- but it didn't do the conversion. It created the drectory for the clothing to go into, but did nothing else.

Even weirder, the Clothing Converter logfile is empty. Absolutely and completely empty, as if it hadn't even started running.

When I exit Studio after trying to run the converter, instead Studio crashes with the message:
    - DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtCore4.dll" at 0033:000000007654C8FC, QEventLoop::exit()+12 byte(s)

Unfortunately, it's not a "clean" crash -- I then have to go into Task Manager and kill another eight processes that are lingering.

I have no idea what to try next.

I need the Daz Log File.  I recommend:

1. Load the log file (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File) into Notepad++
    2. Run the conversion
    3. Switch back to Notepad++.  It will say the file has changed, reload?  Click yes
    4. Copy the part of the log file about the conversion run
    5. Paste it here smiley

Thanks.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited March 11

Well ... I'll try to get this to you at some point later today or early tomorrow, but at this point, the forum server isn't letting me paste in the log text, and if I try to upload it as either a TXT or a zip file, I get "failed to write file to disk". Is there's some other way you'd like me to try to get the information to you?

For what it's worth, it failed again in exactly the same way. Weird thing is, if I'm understanding the log file correctly, it seems to think it's worked. And in fact it seems to have partially worked, I think; in the data directory, under Sixus1, there's an "Operation Arrowhead (Cv)" directory that seems to have been created yesterday and was updated today. There are subdirectories, and DSF files in those directories. It's created the user-facing directory in the Content Library side as well, but it's completely failed to make any front-facing DUFs or icons.

EDIT, 3/11, 1:05AM: The forum finally let me upload the zip file with the log.

zip
    zip
    log.zip
    Post edited by vwrangler on

vwrangler said:

Well ... I'll try to get this to you at some point later today or early tomorrow, but at this point, the forum server isn't letting me paste in the log text, and if I try to upload it as either a TXT or a zip file, I get "failed to write file to disk". Is there's some other way you'd like me to try to get the information to you?

For what it's worth, it failed again in exactly the same way. Weird thing is, if I'm understanding the log file correctly, it seems to think it's worked. And in fact it seems to have partially worked, I think; in the data directory, under Sixus1, there's an "Operation Arrowhead (Cv)" directory that seems to have been created yesterday and was updated today. There are subdirectories, and DSF files in those directories. It's created the user-facing directory in the Content Library side as well, but it's completely failed to make any front-facing DUFs or icons.

EDIT, 3/11, 1:05AM: The forum finally let me upload the zip file with the log.

The script definitely crashed:

2024-03-10 15:51:23.080 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\general\dzscript.cpp(1189): Unhandled error while executing script.
    2024-03-10 15:51:23.080 [WARNING] :: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()

Unfortunately, that is not telling me what crashed.  The good news is that I do have the "Operation Arrowhead Spy Kit for Genesis 8 Female" so I can see if I can reproduce the error on my system.