New Genesis, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,388
    edited March 2023

Yes, they let us know that they pushed through a fix. Let us know if there are any issues with it not updating for anyone.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325
    edited March 2023

frank0314 said:

Yes, they let us know that they pushed through a fix. Let us know if there are any issues with it not updating for anyone.

The update seems to have broken the count to be earned in the cart. Now when a coupon is used the "Earn This Order" displays the number of tokens that would be earned without the coupon and not the number of tokens you actually get when using the coupon. For example this order only earns 6 tokens and not the 17 displayed.

Token Cart.jpg
    1076 x 878 - 125K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

Not giving tokens for gift cards...

Cart1.JPG
    1022 x 469 - 67K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

PerttiA said:

caravelle said:

The short duration of the tokens simply does not work. Of course, there are also problems at the end of a longer term, but you have more opportunities to redeem them.

If one buys a gift card on Monday, one has seven days to get rid of the tokens. One doesn't have to collect tokens by buying stuff at higher price.

Last week I didn't make one purchase without having 8 tokens for the extra 40% off, made a purchase every day and twice on Sunday.

Gift Cards don't earn tokens any more. Did they change the rules?

Screenshot 2023-03-20 170256.png
    780 x 276 - 76K
  • barbult said:

PerttiA said:

caravelle said:

The short duration of the tokens simply does not work. Of course, there are also problems at the end of a longer term, but you have more opportunities to redeem them.

If one buys a gift card on Monday, one has seven days to get rid of the tokens. One doesn't have to collect tokens by buying stuff at higher price.

Last week I didn't make one purchase without having 8 tokens for the extra 40% off, made a purchase every day and twice on Sunday.

It was double-dipping, since you got tokens both for buying the Gift Card and for using it, so I guess they may have for that reason. other offers gernally count spending and not purchasing for Gift Cards when they are based on amount spent.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

barbult said:

PerttiA said:

caravelle said:

Looks like it. Not surprised though - let's say I have an $80 dollar cart at the start of the week. With giftcards earning tokens, I buy a giftcard for $80, then purchase the cart with 40% extra off, and then keep the percentage at 40 all week with a giftcard here and there if I have the budget to purchase at that rate. 

It does make tokens less attractive to take giftcards out of the equation, but from DAZ's point of view I can see why. I'm in fact mildly surprised they didn't see that one coming in advance LOL 

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786

Moonlight Bliss Heels for Genesis 8.1 Females is only showing a 16% discount rather than the 30% DO DAZ+ discount...

https://www.daz3d.com/moonlight-bliss-heels-for-genesis-81-females

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

PerttiA said:

caravelle said:

It was double-dipping, since you got tokens both for buying the Gift Card and for using it, so I guess they may have for that reason. other offers gernally count spending and not purchasing for Gift Cards when they are based on amount spent.

Well, it definitely removed any attraction to buy gift cards without a significant discount. 

edited March 2023

Charlie Judge said:

frank0314 said:

The update seems to have broken the count to be earned in the cart. Now when a coupon is used the "Earn This Order" displays the number of tokens that would be earned without the coupon and not the number of tokens you actually get when using the coupon. 

Appears to be fixed now. Thanks

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited March 2023

Charlie Judge said:

Charlie Judge said:

frank0314 said:

The update seems to have broken the count to be earned in the cart. Now when a coupon is used the "Earn This Order" displays the number of tokens that would be earned without the coupon and not the number of tokens you actually get when using the coupon. 

Appears to be fixed now. Thanks

Just reported it

Edit: Let them know its not broken now

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,032

barbult said:

I don't know - prices being higher in general (even for things like Grab Bag and Flash Sales) make it seem as if Daz expects people to be carrying the token discount most of the time. If that's the case, it'd make sense to have some way (gift cards) to start the chain each week.

And it does seem odd that it ran unchecked for a full week, if it wasn't intended, only changing today when they're messing around with the code to fix the negative token issue.

Would be good to verify, if possible, so we know the current behavior is actually the way things are supposed to work.
    edited March 2023

WandW said:

Moonlight Bliss Heels for Genesis 8.1 Females is only showing a 16% discount rather than the 30% DO DAZ+ discount...

https://www.daz3d.com/moonlight-bliss-heels-for-genesis-81-females

It's showing properly for me (I'm pretty sure at least). Try clearing your cache or do a hard refresh, Ctrl+F5.

• doubledeviant said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

I don't know - prices being higher in general (even for things like Grab Bag and Flash Sales) make it seem as if Daz expects people to be carrying the token discount most of the time. If that's the case, it'd make sense to have some way (gift cards) to start the chain each week.

And it does seem odd that it ran unchecked for a full week, if it wasn't intended, only changing today when they're messing around with the code to fix the negative token issue.

Maybe they didn't want to change it mid-run.

Would be good to verify, if possible, so we know the current behavior is actually the way things are supposed to work.
  • XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 217
    edited March 2023

Charlie Judge said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

PerttiA said:

caravelle said:

Well, it definitely removed any attraction to buy gift cards without a significant discount. 

Ya.  I held off on buying a large gift card last week with the 19% discount because I figured with their new setup, it made sense to buy an $80 gift card here and there to get the 40% bonus off a single cart the week you got the gift card.

Decided today I was going to get like $350+ worth of stuff after the today special discounts were factored but not token discounts.  Spent like 6 hours looking at items building up my list.  Went to buy a gift card to cover it all and get me the necessary tokens to make my big purchase worth it.  Oh, no tokens...  I don't want to buy $80 of stuff first to get tokens, then buy 4 items I don't want to get bonus discount on a second purchase to then get a good deal between qualifying for the special and having token discount.

Oh well.  The tokens expire each week, so I thought the tokens for buying gift cards was going to be Daz's way of making it easier to control your buy ins and get a good deal when you want more reliably rather than waiting for random 85% off coupons and buy 8.1 items for $1.

Saved money for later now and will go back to feeling the token are niche. lol

Post edited by XiousDs on
  • arks0ngarks0ng Posts: 268

It's a bit of a shame that the key item, the fairy bundle, doesn't have any way to check if you own all the items in it, since I and others got it when it was (limitedly) part of a mega-bundle. And there's still no way to 'buy' a bundle you own the contents of without re-paying for it all, outside of those rare '$-for-what-you-don't-own' sales they put on. Just some feedback, ig

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 217

arks0ng said:

It's a bit of a shame that the key item, the fairy bundle, doesn't have any way to check if you own all the items in it, since I and others got it when it was (limitedly) part of a mega-bundle. And there's still no way to 'buy' a bundle you own the contents of without re-paying for it all, outside of those rare '$-for-what-you-don't-own' sales they put on. Just some feedback, ig

This does not help you and others now, but keep this in mind in the future.  When DAZ does the buy a bundle discounted based on the items you own, it is a good idea to go back and buy all of the sub sets in side of your mega bundles.  First off it costs you nothing to do so, second it cleans up the daz store by eliminating choices from the list that you already own, and third it makes it so that you qualify for things like this. 

arks0ng said:

I would have thought DAZ should have included the Tree Giant Mega Bundle as one of the Key Items since all of the Fairy Nymph items are included in it. Maybe one of the mods could ask if the Tree Giant Mega Bundle can also be included as a key item???

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

Charlie Judge said:

arks0ng said:

I would have thought DAZ should have included the Tree Giant Mega Bundle as one of the Key Items since all of the Fairy Nymph items are included in it. Maybe one of the mods could ask if the Tree Giant Mega Bundle can also be included as a key item???

I submitted a ticket related to it. I doubt I'll hear back today (while it actually matters), but it's a pretty bad precedent to set for anyone buying the 'Mega Bundles'.

• evacyn said:

Charlie Judge said:

arks0ng said:

I submitted a ticket related to it. I doubt I'll hear back today (while it actually matters), but it's a pretty bad precedent to set for anyone buying the 'Mega Bundles'.

This is being looked into.

• kimhkimh Posts: 386

Flash sale for Daz+ members to get up to 6 items at $2.79 with new release is not working correctly. I put 3 in and it's okay but the 4th one comes up at $3.99. I tried several different ones and it is the same thing.

(I tried to attach an image but it just hangs at uploading. Reported uploading issue in appropriate page)

• LindaBLindaB Posts: 169

The flash sale where Daz+ members get grab bag items for 2.79 with a new release isn't working for me. Grab bag items show up in my cart at $3.99, cart includes a new release, and I'm a Daz+ member.

LindaB said:

The flash sale where Daz+ members get grab bag items for 2.79 with a new release isn't working for me. Grab bag items show up in my cart at $3.99, cart includes a new release, and I'm a Daz+ member.

Same here. Please fix 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,054

I had the same issue with some items discounting and some not, and then I read the Flash Sale text:

"Get up to 6 DAZ ORIGINAL Grab Bag Items..."

So, as I'm guessing, the only items that will get discounted to $2.79 are Daz Originals while everything else stays at the $3.99.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

joanna said:

I had the same issue with some items discounting and some not, and then I read the Flash Sale text:

"Get up to 6 DAZ ORIGINAL Grab Bag Items..."

So, as I'm guessing, the only items that will get discounted to $2.79 are Daz Originals while everything else stays at the $3.99.

Makes sense.

"The LARGE PRINT giveth, and the small print taketh away!" -- "Step Right Up", Tom Waits

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967

joanna said:

This seems to be correct.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

For a hot minute they were all at $2.79, without a new release, now nothing discounts, oops, now it works, oops, now it doesn't, so... they are working on it.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,479

NorthOf45 said:

For a hot minute they were all at $2.79, without a new release, now nothing discounts, oops, now it works, oops, now it doesn't, so... they are working on it.

Yeah, everything is just DAZ+ 30% off and that with a Newly Mad in the cart...

And now the sale is gone from the banner ads and everything is full price again even with a new release. Grrr!!!

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

evacyn said:

Charlie Judge said:

arks0ng said:

I heard back from support and in fact you do get the 10% if you own the Mega Bundle:

...if you own/ which you do, Tree Giant Mega Bundle, you get an extra 10% Off specifically from Newly Mad, Still Mad, Mad Artist and Mad Related Items. 

Charlie Judge said:

And now the sale is gone from the banner ads and everything is full price again even with a new release. Grrr!!!

And back again. 

This discussion has been closed.