New Genesis, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"

16566687071100

Comments

  • Ok, after removing and readding the bundle it worked. Thanks.

  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,230

    The sales tax on my order is the same before and after tokens are applied. It is only a few cents difference BUT it appears that I am being charged sales tax on the total BEFORE tokens are applied..

  • Richard Haseltine said:

    We have sent another messenger drone out into hyperspace.

    leaving us to imagine where the Daz hyperspace really is?  

  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,225

    alan bard newcomer said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    We have sent another messenger drone out into hyperspace.

    leaving us to imagine where the Daz hyperspace really is?  

    Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone 

  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,614

    If tokens last through Sunday, then why does my countdown say there are 00 days 22 hours etc. left?

  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,134

    xyer0 said:

    If tokens last through Sunday, then why does my countdown say there are 00 days 22 hours etc. left?

    Because they are using the users system time, trying to calculate the remaining time and getting the timezones and datelines wrong, mine says 1 days 21 hours 38 minutes, which is one hour short.

  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,115

    PerttiA said:

    xyer0 said:

    If tokens last through Sunday, then why does my countdown say there are 00 days 22 hours etc. left?

    Because they are using the users system time, trying to calculate the remaining time and getting the timezones and datelines wrong, mine says 1 days 21 hours 38 minutes, which is one hour short.

    Seems to be based on Daz time. I have 22 hours. Local time, it would be 23 hours to Sunday for me, but Daz time, it's 22 hours.  

  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,134
    edited March 2023

    Cris Palomino said:

    PerttiA said:

    xyer0 said:

    If tokens last through Sunday, then why does my countdown say there are 00 days 22 hours etc. left?

    Because they are using the users system time, trying to calculate the remaining time and getting the timezones and datelines wrong, mine says 1 days 21 hours 38 minutes, which is one hour short.

    Seems to be based on Daz time. I have 22 hours. Local time, it would be 23 hours to Sunday for me, but Daz time, it's 22 hours.  

    It's 10:14AM here at the moment and I'm 8 hours ahead of DAZ time, tomorrow morning we are going to move to DST which makes us 9 hours ahead of DAZ time, but that doesn't change the number of hours remaining until 23:59 on Sunday DAZ time, which is in 45 hours and 46 minutes.

    The counter says 01 days, 20 hours and 46 minutes, which is 1 hour short

    Others have the counter showing 24 hours short

    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,115

    PerttiA said:

    Cris Palomino said:

    PerttiA said:

    xyer0 said:

    If tokens last through Sunday, then why does my countdown say there are 00 days 22 hours etc. left?

    Because they are using the users system time, trying to calculate the remaining time and getting the timezones and datelines wrong, mine says 1 days 21 hours 38 minutes, which is one hour short.

    Seems to be based on Daz time. I have 22 hours. Local time, it would be 23 hours to Sunday for me, but Daz time, it's 22 hours.  

    It's 10:14AM here at the moment and I'm 8 hours ahead of DAZ time, tomorrow morning we are going to move to DST which makes us 9 hours ahead of DAZ time, but that doesn't change the number of hours remaining until 23:59 on Sunday DAZ time, which is in 45 hours and 46 minutes.

    The counter says 01 days, 20 hours and 46 minutes, which is 1 hour short

    Others have the counter showing 24 hours short

     

    I'll send an inquiry. 

  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,115

    What time zone are each of you in, please?

     

  • Cris Palomino said:

    What time zone are each of you in, please?

     

    I am in UTC-07:00 / Arizona; the timer is currently showing 20 hours til the tokens expire. 

  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,115

    paulawp (marahzen) said:

    Cris Palomino said:

    What time zone are each of you in, please?

     

    I am in UTC-07:00 / Arizona; the timer is currently showing 20 hours til the tokens expire. 

    Arizona doesn't change time. It's 3:28 am in Los Angeles, what time is it there? 

  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,932

    PerttiA said:

    xyer0 said:

    If tokens last through Sunday, then why does my countdown say there are 00 days 22 hours etc. left?

    Because they are using the users system time, trying to calculate the remaining time and getting the timezones and datelines wrong, mine says 1 days 21 hours 38 minutes, which is one hour short.

    Seems to be based on Daz time. I have 22 hours. Local time, it would be 23 hours to Sunday for me, but Daz time, it's 22 hours.  

    So you're saying it's wrong for you too.
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,614

    Cris Palomino said:

    PerttiA said:

    xyer0 said:

    If tokens last through Sunday, then why does my countdown say there are 00 days 22 hours etc. left?

    Because they are using the users system time, trying to calculate the remaining time and getting the timezones and datelines wrong, mine says 1 days 21 hours 38 minutes, which is one hour short.

    Seems to be based on Daz time. I have 22 hours. Local time, it would be 23 hours to Sunday for me, but Daz time, it's 22 hours.  

    I'm in California. They're not using my system time. 

  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,134

    xyer0 said:

    Cris Palomino said:

    PerttiA said:

    xyer0 said:

    If tokens last through Sunday, then why does my countdown say there are 00 days 22 hours etc. left?

    Because they are using the users system time, trying to calculate the remaining time and getting the timezones and datelines wrong, mine says 1 days 21 hours 38 minutes, which is one hour short.

    Seems to be based on Daz time. I have 22 hours. Local time, it would be 23 hours to Sunday for me, but Daz time, it's 22 hours.  

    I'm in California. They're not using my system time. 

    So, what is your countdown timer saying? 

  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,136

    Yes, it's using Daz time zone so it shows you how much actual time you have left to use it in the Daz time zone when all sales end. At least to my knowledge and what the clock says for me, it's on Daz time zone.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,480
    edited March 2023

    PerttiA said:

    xyer0 said:

    If tokens last through Sunday, then why does my countdown say there are 00 days 22 hours etc. left?

    Because they are using the users system time, trying to calculate the remaining time and getting the timezones and datelines wrong, mine says 1 days 21 hours 38 minutes, which is one hour short.

    ..so because I'm just one time zone west of Daz, Those of us on the "Left Coast" lose a whole day.  

    That's poretty lame. 

    Latest screen dump: Note date and time in lower right corner (click to enlarge).

    Daz countdown 2.png
    1188 x 639 - 111K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,134

    frank0314 said:

    Yes, it's using Daz time zone so it shows you how much actual time you have left to use it in the Daz time zone when all sales end. At least to my knowledge and what the clock says for me, it's on Daz time zone.

    So... If the counter is using Daz timezone, why is it missing an hour for me? It isn't Utah, that's changing to DST in couple of hours an loosing an hour in doing so, and our changing to DST does not affect the time in Utah.

    You are missing the point. It is trying to show how much time is left, but it starts with the users system time and tries to calculate how much time is left in Utah, but the algorithms used are wrong. That's why those west of Utah are missing a whole day.

    This was already discussed last sunday when people were seeing negative values in the counter.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 22,870

    PerttiA said:

    frank0314 said:

    Yes, it's using Daz time zone so it shows you how much actual time you have left to use it in the Daz time zone when all sales end. At least to my knowledge and what the clock says for me, it's on Daz time zone.

    So... If the counter is using Daz timezone, why is it missing an hour for me? It isn't Utah, that's changing to DST in couple of hours an loosing an hour in doing so, and our changing to DST does not affect the time in Utah.

    You are missing the point. It is trying to show how much time is left, but it starts with the users system time and tries to calculate how much time is left in Utah, but the algorithms used are wrong. That's why those west of Utah are missing a whole day.

    This was already discussed last sunday when people were seeing negative values in the counter.

    Why would it ever need a user's system time to calculate the time between "now" in Utah and end of Sunday in Utah? That calculation has absolutely nothing to do with where a user lives, or whether a user is on or off daylight savings time or not, or what time zone they live in, or what side of the date line they live on, or what time their computer thinks it is. If the Daz token expiration algorithm includes anything related to a user, that is just dumb, it seems to me.

  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,134

    barbult said:

    PerttiA said:

    frank0314 said:

    Yes, it's using Daz time zone so it shows you how much actual time you have left to use it in the Daz time zone when all sales end. At least to my knowledge and what the clock says for me, it's on Daz time zone.

    So... If the counter is using Daz timezone, why is it missing an hour for me? It isn't Utah, that's changing to DST in couple of hours an loosing an hour in doing so, and our changing to DST does not affect the time in Utah.

    You are missing the point. It is trying to show how much time is left, but it starts with the users system time and tries to calculate how much time is left in Utah, but the algorithms used are wrong. That's why those west of Utah are missing a whole day.

    This was already discussed last sunday when people were seeing negative values in the counter.

    Why would it ever need a user's system time to calculate the time between "now" in Utah and end of Sunday in Utah? That calculation has absolutely nothing to do with where a user lives, or whether a user is on or off daylight savings time or not, or what time zone they live in, or what side of the date line they live on, or what time their computer thinks it is. If the Daz token expiration algorithm includes anything related to a user, that is just dumb, it seems to me.

    Everything else on the site is also using the users system time and the different times in the counter for users in different timezones is proof of the counter trying to calculate remaining time in Utah, based on the users system time and failing to calculate the time correctly.

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 22,870

    PerttiA said:

    barbult said:

    PerttiA said:

    frank0314 said:

    Yes, it's using Daz time zone so it shows you how much actual time you have left to use it in the Daz time zone when all sales end. At least to my knowledge and what the clock says for me, it's on Daz time zone.

    So... If the counter is using Daz timezone, why is it missing an hour for me? It isn't Utah, that's changing to DST in couple of hours an loosing an hour in doing so, and our changing to DST does not affect the time in Utah.

    You are missing the point. It is trying to show how much time is left, but it starts with the users system time and tries to calculate how much time is left in Utah, but the algorithms used are wrong. That's why those west of Utah are missing a whole day.

    This was already discussed last sunday when people were seeing negative values in the counter.

    Why would it ever need a user's system time to calculate the time between "now" in Utah and end of Sunday in Utah? That calculation has absolutely nothing to do with where a user lives, or whether a user is on or off daylight savings time or not, or what time zone they live in, or what side of the date line they live on, or what time their computer thinks it is. If the Daz token expiration algorithm includes anything related to a user, that is just dumb, it seems to me.

    Everything else on the site is also using the users system time and the different times in the counter for users in different timezones is proof of the counter trying to calculate remaining time in Utah, based on the users system time and failing to calculate the time correctly.

    I'm not contesting whether they are using user time, I'm contesting that it is totally unnecessary to do so, and if they are, it is dumb. So, your evidence points to it being a dumb, overly complicated algorithm. Well, it is a Daz promotion...

  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,134
    edited March 2023

    Ok, we here in Finland changed to DST, it's 04:05 on Sunday and now the timer is correct, showing 01 days, 04 hours, 55 minutes remaining

    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,480

    ...I now have 00 days -01 hours - 44 min.on the counter.  That would make them expire at 23:59 tonight. 

  • kyoto kid said:

    ...I now have 00 days -01 hours - 44 min.on the counter.  That would make them expire at 23:59 tonight. 

    Yeah, me too. I had some older stuff in the cart today and put it all back. I decided to gamble that 1) the tokens will carry over to tomorrow and 2) something that interests me will show in the new offerings.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,480
    edited March 2023

    ...

    time's up.png
    840 x 570 - 59K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

    ...

    This is also what mine is showing. Seems a bit weird, since it's still Saturday in my timezone. 9:38 PM as of posting.

  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,115

    zombietaggerung said:

    kyoto kid said:

    ...

    This is also what mine is showing. Seems a bit weird, since it's still Saturday in my timezone. 9:38 PM as of posting.

    I think it's been explained it's Daz time which is Utah time. It's 2 am Utah time atm. 

  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,134

    Cris Palomino said:

    I think it's been explained it's Daz time which is Utah time. It's 2 am Utah time atm. 

    So, as per the counter, the tokens have expired for those to whom the counter has reached zero?

    Mine still says 00 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes and I'm 9 hours ahead of DazTime 

  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,115

    PerttiA said:

    Cris Palomino said:

    I think it's been explained it's Daz time which is Utah time. It's 2 am Utah time atm. 

    So, as per the counter, the tokens have expired for those to whom the counter has reached zero?

    Mine still says 00 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes and I'm 9 hours ahead of DazTime 

    It would depend on the particular case, so yours seems to have one more day. 

  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,134

    Cris Palomino said:

    PerttiA said:

    Cris Palomino said:

    I think it's been explained it's Daz time which is Utah time. It's 2 am Utah time atm. 

    So, as per the counter, the tokens have expired for those to whom the counter has reached zero?

    Mine still says 00 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes and I'm 9 hours ahead of DazTime 

    It would depend on the particular case, so yours seems to have one more day. 

    DazTime in Utah cannot be several different times at the same time, and yet those living west of Utah (based on what has been written here in the forums) have their counters zeroed already.

    The tokens are expiring at 23:59, March 26th DazTime, so everybody should be seeing 00 days, 17 hours and 54 minutes on their counters, irrespective of their timezone and or location on this globe. 

This discussion has been closed.