[Fisio SB addOn released] Fisio: Physics Simulator

Comments

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited November 2022

For those interested, as I did for dForce I started a thread of various experiments I'm doing plus links to other examples I see.

How to Use Fisio: Experiments and Learnings

Post edited by RGcincy on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

barbult said:

If I build a brick wall and simulate it with Fisio at Precision 3, the wall sinks into the floor and falls apart. Precision 1,2, and 4 do not seem to have that problem; the wall stays intact. In my scene I have only the wall and the floor. The scene is attached. What is wrong with Precision 3?

Edit: Opps, I take part of that back. At Precision 1, the wall is also falling apart, but not sinking into the floor. Precision 2 and 4 the wall does not sink or fall apart. So, why do Precision 1 and 3 collapse a stationary wall? Why does Precision 3 let the wall sink into the floor.

Precision 3 uses a different solver than 1 and 2.  Moreover, the precision 4 solver is different from the others. For some scene configurations, a method gets unstable and cannot yield a realistic solution (as Precision 3 in this case).

The stationary wall is composed of pieces that are close-packed. As the collision system in its calculations, expands a little the bodies, the low-precision method can cause the blocks to push one another. To the blocks behave more realistically, it's advisable to give a positive cohesion value (maybe 0.5) to its material to prevent this internal pushing.

barbult said:

Nath said:

The official serial has arrived! Now to figure this thing out. Time to RTFM...

Try the examples in the manual. They helped a lot, although I could never get example 4 (earthquake) to work. My brick wall just scooted right off the ground.

Attached is my version of Example 4. It uses the default settings in the Pane. 

Increase the Cohesion property (of Fisio Material) to values like 0.2, 0.5, etc. to see the effect.

duf
    duf
    Example 4.duf

Peter Wade said:

Alberto said:

Peter Wade said:

Something is broken in your system.

Which version of windows do you have? 

Is it updated?

Are you able to render with Filament?

According to the properties window it's Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 Build 19045.2251 and it has Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 

Windows Update says it is up to date

Filament renders OK.

I need to have a look at ways to check the system, I think there are a couple of commands I can use for that. I did a search for the things that were showing as missing and a couple of sites said they are part of the 2015 runtime for Visual C or it might habe been C++, I'll have to look i to that further.

Peter,

Could you check with CFF Explorer the file "dzfilamentapi.dll"? It's inside the subfolder "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\"

dzfilamentapi.dll requires the api-ms-win-crt files.

Interesting. That .dll shows the api-ms-win-crt files as missing as well but filament does render. If the code contains refeneces to a library that isn't there but it never calls the functions would that work? When I saw stdio in the list my experience with C made me wonder if the developers were using it as some sort of debug console that doens't get used in the release version. But I'm way out of date with current programming methods so I may be talking rubbish.

Did you try to reinstall Daz Studio?

If this doesn't work, you could, if you wish, reinstall or repair the redistributable https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840

AnEye4Art said:

Maybe there's going a fix for non-unimesh objects?

Well, there is a fix: The Fisio Link (type Fix all). You can link the bodies (cap and bottle) with this type of Link.

Or, as RGcincy said, you could export and reimport as obj.

RGcincy said:

For those interested, as I did for dForce I started a thread of various experiments I'm doing plus links to other examples I see.

How to Use Fisio: Experiments and Learnings

It's impressive!

Thank you!  

barbult said:

If I build a brick wall and simulate it with Fisio at Precision 3, the wall sinks into the floor and falls apart. Precision 1,2, and 4 do not seem to have that problem; the wall stays intact. In my scene I have only the wall and the floor. The scene is attached. What is wrong with Precision 3?

Edit: Opps, I take part of that back. At Precision 1, the wall is also falling apart, but not sinking into the floor. Precision 2 and 4 the wall does not sink or fall apart. So, why do Precision 1 and 3 collapse a stationary wall? Why does Precision 3 let the wall sink into the floor.

By the way, you don't need to use a dense mesh object for the floor, as you are using Box as Collision Shape type. A Cube primitive with 1 division is enough.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

Alberto said:

barbult said:

Precision 3 uses a different solver than 1 and 2.  Moreover, the precision 4 solver is different from the others. For some scene configurations, a method gets unstable and cannot yield a realistic solution (as Precision 3 in this case).

The stationary wall is composed of pieces that are close-packed. As the collision system in its calculations, expands a little the bodies, the low-precision method can cause the blocks to push one another. To the blocks behave more realistically, it's advisable to give a positive cohesion value (maybe 0.5) to its material to prevent this internal pushing.

Thanks for the explanation. That is exactly what looks like is happening (blocks pushing each other). I'll try the cohesion.
    Thank you also for the explanation of the fact that a dense mesh is not needed for the floor. I first tried a much less dense mesh, but I changed it, because I thought it might be the cause of falling through the floor. It is good to know that that is not necessary.
    There is a lot to learn with Fisio, and as always, you customer support is superb! yessmiley

Alberto said:

barbult said:

Nath said:

Try the examples in the manual. They helped a lot, although I could never get example 4 (earthquake) to work. My brick wall just scooted right off the ground.

Increase the Cohesion property (of Fisio Material) to values like 0.2, 0.5, etc. to see the effect.

Thanks for posting this example scene. It helped a lot. I see the difference between your Example 4 scene and what I created from the user manual instructions. Your scene has the Fisio Force set to apply only to the top floor cube. That detail is not in the user manual instructions.

• Totte said:

I finally got my serial number, now find time to play...

Still waiting 

• I bought it but have not installed it nor checked for the serial number. Been busy with work and no time to play.
    edited November 2022

Inspired by Artini, I created a basket of fruit and veggies.

Fisio Basket of Fruit and Beggies.png
    2000 x 1500 - 5M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited November 2022
    barbult said:

Inspired by Artini, I created a basket of fruit and veggies.

I like it. Artini is doing a good job too. Now what about a wooden cart with fruits or veggies piled up. That's what I wanna attempt soon.
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861

Looks great, everyone.

edited November 2022
    DumpTruck04pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Artini said:

Truck filled with props

I see you've got big foot in there wink 

Thank for the comments, @RGcincy.

Yes, I would like to test filling the trucks.

It does not simulate well with the whole truck, so I have extracted the loading area

and run simulation against it.

barbult said:

Alberto said:

barbult said:

Nath said:

Thanks for posting this example scene. It helped a lot. I see the difference between your Example 4 scene and what I created from the user manual instructions. Your scene has the Fisio Force set to apply only to the top floor cube. That detail is not in the user manual instructions.

You're right. I forgot about it. Sorry! 

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Robert Freise said:

Totte said:

Still waiting 

Ditto! 

• SimonJM said:

Robert Freise said:

Totte said:

Still waiting 

Ditto! 

Me three.  I haven't opened a ticket since I saw they were "working on it".  I wonder if they're just going through tickets or if someone actually used a computer to generate a list of all purchases made before the serial number generator was fixed.

RangerRick said:

SimonJM said:

Robert Freise said:

Still waiting 

Ditto! 

Me three.  I haven't opened a ticket since I saw they were "working on it".  I wonder if they're just going through tickets or if someone actually used a computer to generate a list of all purchases made before the serial number generator was fixed.

I'm sorry for this problem.

If you didn't open a ticket, please do it. I'm still pushing DAZ, but your tickets will help a lot.

• Alberto said:

RangerRick said:

SimonJM said:

Robert Freise said:

Still waiting 

Ditto! 

If you didn't open a ticket, please do it. I'm still pushing DAZ, but your tickets will help a lot.

Ticket opened 

edited November 2022

I have tried the same truck as previously with props from:

https://www.daz3d.com/alphabet-and-number-props-with-lights-for-iray

but many of the digits just flew down through the truck.

DumpTruck07pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 594K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,902
    edited November 2022

Artini said:

I have tried the same truck as previously with props from:

https://www.daz3d.com/alphabet-and-number-props-with-lights-for-iray

but many of the digits just flew down through the truck.

Try putting another Fixed cube just under the truck's bed, it should help keep the props inside the shape. A better result can also be reached by using Alberto's Thickner to create a thickened proxy.

It also could help using a different "size" value if the props are small but in this case you have to tune a bit the "materials" too.

If these doesn't work, you can try using a different solver or reduce the "size" of the scene, judging by the pic the props are small toys. If you reduce the size remember to bring a bit down the "mass" of the falling objects or they will behave like they weight a lot.

Post edited by Imago on
    edited November 2022

Thanks. I have changed Collision Shape Type to Mesh and it worked,

but simulation took over 1 hour.

DumpTruck08pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 751K
    Post edited by Artini on

Artini said:

Thanks. I have changed Collision Shape Type to Mesh and it worked,

but simulation took over 1 hour.

Try to change the letters' Collision Shape to Box. It should be faster.

• Opened ticket erlier today and now have Serial Number

• I also received my Serial Number a few hours after opening a ticket yesterday.

Alberto said:

RangerRick said:

SimonJM said:

Robert Freise said:

Still waiting 

Ditto! 

No blame on you, I suspect I will get mine DAZ soon ... Will open a ticket. 

And to be fair I now have my serial number - without raising a ticket. I got to just about the right page to do so, got side-tracked and just remembered, went to double-check to make sure I was nto goign to make a false report ... et voila, a serial number :)