[Fisio SB addOn released] Fisio: Physics Simulator

Comments

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 143
    edited November 2022

Alberto said:

RandWulf said:

Got my serial number today - thanks.  Now, where is the user's manual?  :)

Click in Fisio Physics Simulator -- Documentation to go to the pdf.

Thank You

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited November 2022

Just bought Fisio, and got s/n instantly.  And registered instantly.  Seems slow new buyers are fine?
    Really sorry to  hear about DAZ's bad showing on s/ns for anyone that bought weekend-Monday.
    Honestly if you had an email published, would have just sent you a gift certifcate to skip DAZ poor initial support on this one (and bought this product later with soft-body physics).  

Bought Fision now as a show of support for Physics though I don't need it yet.
    Thanks again for making this available!  And as you can guess my hope is the soft-body physics will also appear.  Realize no guarantee, nor that it will be as full featured as I hope it may become.

Alberto said:

I have more time than solid answers for the time being because you're asking about the
    soft-bodies add-on, which isn't finished yet.

The collision calculations step (the slower one) is multithreaded for the present Fiso core (hard bodies physics). The soft-bodies add-on's calculations will be even further multithreaded.

Really happy to hear multi-threading will be available!  With all the core some of us have, every multithread is better. smiley

Saxa -- SD said:

Can proxy physics meshes have another layer of weight painting and factored in for variable strength responses? 

This isn't defined yet.

Am daring to dream.

Saxa -- SD said:

Sounds dumb maybe.  But was so nice to see damping again in 3d.

Damping is already available in the Fisio core.

Heh, was actually doing an inneundo about your 1st video where damping was visible.  Sorry if my inneundo was too vague.

Saxa -- SD said:

Will there be an option for x, y, z spin/twist deforms as well?

It isn't defined by now, but the deforms will follow the physics laws and the chosen material properties.

When I have more advanced the soft-bodies add-on, I could tell you more.

Will 100% look forward to this.  smileyangel

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861
    edited November 2022

Any tips about what parameters to use for dropping objects on some other objects,

to get a pile of objects on the ground.

I have tried and could not get all objects grounded, to stick to the shape of the ground.

How to get the objects rotating while dropping them?

For example dropping objects on the hill.

Post edited by Artini on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,902
    edited November 2022

Artini said:

Any tips about what parameters to use for dropping objects on some other objects,

to get a pile of objects on the ground.

I have tried and could not get all objects grounded, to stick to the shape of the ground.

How to get the objects rotating while dropping them?

For example dropping objects on the hill.

Add a bit of Friction to the material, this will make the bodies to "roll" on the obstacles.

Post edited by Imago on

Thanks, I will try that.

I have also found tutorials for the Project Chrono:

https://api.projectchrono.org/tutorial_root.html

Maybe they will be applicable here, as well.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,902

Artini said:

Thanks, I will try that.

I have also found tutorials for the Project Chrono:

https://api.projectchrono.org/tutorial_root.html

Maybe they will be applicable here, as well.

Fisio IS based on Project Chrono but those tutorials are about programming something with the libraries. smiley

You don't need those since Fisio already has its interface in DAZ Studio.

If you have any questions, just ask.

edited November 2022

Thanks. I have just read a manual and I am also impressed by it - well done.

Post edited by Artini on
  • You know what woud be really nice? If there were a way to push Rigid Bodies with a Fluido Mesher.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Saxa -- SD said:

Just bought Fisio, and got s/n instantly.  And registered instantly.  Seems slow new buyers are fine?
    Really sorry to  hear about DAZ's bad showing on s/ns for anyone that bought weekend-Monday.
    Honestly if you had an email published, would have just sent you a gift certifcate to skip DAZ poor initial support on this one (and bought this product later with soft-body physics).  

Bought Fision now as a show of support for Physics though I don't need it yet.
    Thanks again for making this available!  And as you can guess my hope is the soft-body physics will also appear.  Realize no guarantee, nor that it will be as full featured as I hope it may become.

Alberto said:

I have more time than solid answers for the time being because you're asking about the
    soft-bodies add-on, which isn't finished yet.

The collision calculations step (the slower one) is multithreaded for the present Fiso core (hard bodies physics). The soft-bodies add-on's calculations will be even further multithreaded.

Really happy to hear multi-threading will be available!  With all the core some of us have, every multithread is better. smiley

Saxa -- SD said:

Can proxy physics meshes have another layer of weight painting and factored in for variable strength responses? 

This isn't defined yet.

Am daring to dream.

Saxa -- SD said:

Sounds dumb maybe.  But was so nice to see damping again in 3d.

Damping is already available in the Fisio core.

Heh, was actually doing an inneundo about your 1st video where damping was visible.  Sorry if my inneundo was too vague.

Saxa -- SD said:

Will there be an option for x, y, z spin/twist deforms as well?

It isn't defined by now, but the deforms will follow the physics laws and the chosen material properties.

When I have more advanced the soft-bodies add-on, I could tell you more.

Will 100% look forward to this.  smileyangel

Thank you! 

bashton said:

You know what woud be really nice? If there were a way to push Rigid Bodies with a Fluido Mesher.

This is possible. The Mesher must be registered in the scene as a rigid body, set Fixed, set the Collision Shape Type to Convex Hull or Mesh, and enable Updating shapes before running the Fisio simulation.

Artini said:

Thanks. I have just read a mnual and I am also impressed by it - well done.

Thank you! 

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Well, I hope DAZ doesn't shut down completely over the US holiday weekend, as I still don't have my serial. This is really turning into a farce. 

• Nath said:

Well, I hope DAZ doesn't shut down completely over the US holiday weekend, as I still don't have my serial. This is really turning into a farce. 

If you haven't put in a support ticket about it then you might want to and see if the serial number shows  up during "normal" DAZ business hours on Friday.  I haven't put in a ticket and I'm still waiting for mine.  I'm going to hold my breath and maybe wait until Monday because my render system is on the fritz anyway. Hopefully, I can get it working again this weekend.

If you have already put in a service ticket and had at least some normal DAZ working hour since then, well, that's especially not good.

RangerRick said:

Nath said:

If you haven't put in a support ticket about it then you might want to and see if the serial number shows  up during "normal" DAZ business hours on Friday.  I haven't put in a ticket and I'm still waiting for mine.  I'm going to hold my breath and maybe wait until Monday because my render system is on the fritz anyway. Hopefully, I can get it working again this weekend.

If you have already put in a service ticket and had at least some normal DAZ working hour since then, well, that's especially not good.

I have put in a ticket earlier, so yeah - maybe Friday.  

• tfistfis Posts: 129

Alberto said:

bashton said:

You know what woud be really nice? If there were a way to push Rigid Bodies with a Fluido Mesher.

This is possible. The Mesher must be registered in the scene as a rigid body, set Fixed, set the Collision Shape Type to Convex Hull or Mesh, and enable Updating shapes before running the Fisio simulation.

But the fluid won't change it's shape after contact. Am I right?

tfis said:

Alberto said:

bashton said:

But the fluid won't change it's shape after contact. Am I right?

You're right because the Mesher doesn't make the simulation, only reproduces it.

It could be done by an iteration method, that can be slow: prepare the scene for the rigid-body simulation and the fluids simulation. The Mesher must be registered as a rigid body (set enabled), and the body must be parented to the Fluidos Domain (as a solid obstacle). Then run the Fluidos simulation, update the mesher (disabling and re-enabling), then run Fisio, then Fluidos again, then Fisio, then Fluidos, and so on, until the stabilization of the solution is reached. 

I'm planning a connexion between Fluidos II and Fisio in the future to get them running simultaneously.

Nath said:

I'm so sorry! 

I will continue to urge DAZ to solve the problem.

Alberto said:

Nath said:

I'm so sorry! 

I will continue to urge DAZ to solve the problem.

Much appreciated! However, I do know this situation is not in any way your fault. 

edited November 2022

Finally got something - a basket with the cameras.

Fisio06pic14.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 579K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

Artini said:

That looks excellent to me.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited November 2022

Artini said:

I don't see any intersecting camera meshes. This image kinda convinces me to buy it. Will the simulation be as good if you try filling the basket with more cameras?

(mod removed duplicate post)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited November 2022

Artini said:

Thanks, @barbult and @AnEye4Art.

I have posted another image in:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/605781/how-to-use-fisio-experiments-and-learnings#latest

You did a good job here. I am sold. I look for detail and I like how the flash light is poking out the basket and not through the basket mesh. Well done.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on

Thanks a lot, @AnEye4Art.

I like Fisio very much, especially that it works with instances.

For everybody that hasn't received the serial number yet:

If you wish, in the meantime, you can install a temporal Fisio plugin (it will expire by December 9th).

For Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fxFHFIfzmxFZV4MoeE-FA6dbp1fuSvLl/view?usp=share_link

For Mac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sqxX69dzUxEcQyJzepXZVBqy0oBXWThp/view?usp=share_link

Instructions:

1. Install Fisio using DIM or the bit-rock installer.
    2. Download the temporal plugin, uncompress and copy it inside the plugins subfolder of your Daz Studio installation folder. Overwrite the previously installed file: abFisio.dll (Win) or libabFisio.dylib (Mac):
      • Windows : "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\" 
      • Mac: "/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins/"
    3. The plugin is ready now.

When you get your serial number, uninstall the plugin and reinstall it again. Then register it with your serial number.

• Thank you.

Thanks!

• Thank You!

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

I can't get this to work on my computer. I installed it using DIM and entered my registration code. I've tried setting up the bouncing ball demo but when I try to run the simulation I get three error boxes, first one, then the next when I close each one. The error messages are:

A dynmic link library (DLL) Initialization routine failed
    Can't load FisioEngine.dll at c:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DazStudio4/libs/Fisio/FisioEngine.dll
    Can't load Fiso Engine

The FisioEngine.dll file is there in that directory as well as ChronoEngine.dll and ChronoEngine_multicore.dll. I've got Studio Release 4.20 and Beta 4.21 installed. They both give the same errors except the path is different for the Beta version. I've tried de-installing and re-installing with no difference. I'm running it on Windows 10 Pro with a 6 core i7 990X CPU and 12 GB Memory.

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix it?

• Fisio does not install for betas, so that is expected. Getting the same error in the general release suggests that the isntalaltion path was not correct - where is Daz Studio itself? Exactly which version of the general release are you using - Help>About Daz Studio?