[Fisio SB addOn released] Fisio: Physics Simulator

Comments

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,384

Hi, cool to see it's in the store now! Just one thing I'd need to know: Can I use this to simulate tree branches moving in the wind? Thanks!

• DP WESDP WES Posts: 37

All I'll say is thank you Alberto. You just gave most people here the Physic's engine we been asking for a long time. It's in my wishlist.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,780

It's oooooooout, so excited!

• tsroemi said:

Hi, cool to see it's in the store now! Just one thing I'd need to know: Can I use this to simulate tree branches moving in the wind? Thanks!

Not yet - this is for rigid bodies (things that move a a unit), there is to be an add-on for flexible objects so this base plus that would probably do branches.

• tfistfis Posts: 129

tsroemi said:

This is something I would rather fake than simulate.

Will there be a bundle with soft body physics or will it be sold separately?

BTW:
    Studio urgent needs motion blur.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,517

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

It's out, but currently of no use, as DAZ has not generated the serial number (again).

Yeah, just found the same thing... and probably not until Monday. OK, back to the mine writing on my own stuff, saved from  having fun .

• Totte said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

It's out, but currently of no use, as DAZ has not generated the serial number (again).

Yeah, just found the same thing... and probably not until Monday. OK, back to the mine writing on my own stuff, saved from  having fun .

We have reproted the issue but sadly seem unlikely that it will be fixed before Monday office hours.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Again? Sigh...

I reported this to DAZ. 

Richard Haseltine said:

tsroemi said:

Not yet - this is for rigid bodies (things that move a a unit), there is to be an add-on for flexible objects so this base plus that would probably do branches.

As Richard said, the branches moving in the wind is a job for the soft-body add-on.

tfis said:

tsroemi said:

It will be an add-on for Fisio, sold separately.

DP WES said:

All I'll say is thank you Alberto. You just gave most people here the Physic's engine we been asking for a long time. It's in my wishlist.

You're welcome! And thank you for your interest. 

• Will it work in 4.15?

ioonrxoon said:

Will it work in 4.15?

It should work because the SDK is 4.5. I tested it in Studio 4.10 and worked fine. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,384

Alberto said:

Richard Haseltine said:

tsroemi said:

As Richard said, the branches moving in the wind is a job for the soft-body add-on.

tfis said:

tsroemi said:

It will be an add-on for Fisio, sold separately.

Thanks for explaining, Richard and Alberto. I'd thought that 'soft body' meant only stuff like cloth and such, but I get it now! 

• Amazing product, looking forward for the addons!

• Totte said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Totte, lets setup some performance tests on Monday!  This will be fun.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Gordig said:

Your answers to Richard and tfis really highlight why these shouldn't be PA products, but native functions of DS.

Your comment was ignored but I agree.

• tfis said:

tsroemi said:

BTW:

for motion blur you can use revision effects product  RSMB motion blur in post https://revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/ it's amazing and I use it all the time when animating with Daz

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

How does daz keep managing to screw over Alberto with serial numbers :(

• Sorel said:

How does daz keep managing to screw over Alberto with serial numbers :(

I think it would be fair if DAZ would compensat Alberto for potential lost sales. Because everything HE did was fine, everything THEY did was not. 

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    edited November 2022

Cool plugin!!yes

Perhaps it will eventually reach the ragdoll and rigid body  capability of the  "poser physics" plugin from years ago

Which now free and open source for poser 12.
    https://bitbucket.org/PhysicalcSoftware/poserphysics/src/master/

Post edited by wolf359 on

robert.bou said:

Totte said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Totte, lets setup some performance tests on Monday!  This will be fun.

If Daz has solved the Serial Number generation by then so ;-) 

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

wolf359 said:

Cool plugin!!yes

Perhaps it will eventually reach the ragdoll and rigid body  capability of the Defunct "poser physics" plugin from years ago

You do like exploding things laugh That was a fun watch.

Cool plugin! Probably gonna buy it later when a wild serial number appears and is very effective.

• tfistfis Posts: 129

runidjurhuus said:

tfis said:

tsroemi said:

BTW:

for motion blur you can use revision effects product  RSMB motion blur in post https://revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/ it's amazing and I use it all the time when animating with Daz

Thanks.

I think I tried the demo some years ago.
    I'll look into flowblur

https://grisk.itch.io/flowblur-app

• If I create a scene with Fisio settings, can I distribute it?  Obviously, any end users would need to have the Fisio plugin purchased.

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 143

I, too, placed a ticket on the non-existant serial number for activation...

• windli3356windli3356 Posts: 219
    edited November 2022

I just bought your product,,,, come on, please package your product correctly before selling it, I haven't tested it yet because the way you packaged it made installation impossible, 

1. Since the product never made it clear if it can be found in unity? script? plugin? or something else, why don't post the installation guide on your product page?

2. It's offered to install with Daz central as smart content, but obviously it doesn't install correctly, so I figured ok I will just go mannually install it.

3. then the manual downloaded file is a mere install manager...worse yet, it give users 0 option to select folder location/path, or Daz version, it assumed all users content libraryis in the default path(wrong path)...and it assumed all users have daz 4.5(my version is 4.21) 

4 By watching your video, I noticed this product is a script and launched in a panel, so I mannually copied and pasted the file to the right path on my PC, found the script in Daz... just to find out you never offered a serial code when I need to actviate it.   

I've attached a screenshot of your install manager so you see what I'm talking about.  

I've used installed some unconventional werid plugin/script before like animate2 & mesh grabbers, Your product is probably as useful as these, but they both offered clear installion guide and a serial number.  

edit: I found a PDF file in unpacked folder, it didn't offer any installion guide, only how to use it.  

wrong.png
    654 x 408 - 29K
    Post edited by windli3356 on
  • All the problems you mention happen on Daz's side of things. For some reason, they've plagued Alberto with missing serial numbers right from the start (it usually takes a couple of days for them to solve it), and they keep offering installers for scripts and plugins in both Daz Central and Connect when it's known that those methods of installation more often than not break the scripts. Honestly, sometimes it looks like sabotage.

Regarding the "wrong" version of Daz, 4.21 is, from a scripting perspective, 4.5, and that's where the scripts and plugins will install when using DIM. You shouldn't have any problems with it. If you're using custom installation paths, that's certainly your prerogative, but you'll have to act accordingly, and any script you buy from the store will need to be installed in pretty much the same way. Basically, you're asking for a guide for something that is usually straightforward enough: use DIM and activate the serial number--not to say it couldn't be of use, but I won't count it as a mark against the product.

edited November 2022

windli3356 said:

I just bought your product,,,, come on, please package your product correctly before selling it, I haven't tested it yet because the way you packaged it made installation impossible, 

1. Since the product never made it clear if it can be found in unity? script? plugin? or something else, why don't post the installation guide on your product page?

2. It's offered to install with Daz central as smart content, but obviously it doesn't install correctly, so I figured ok I will just go mannually install it.

3. then the manual downloaded file is a mere install manager...worse yet, it give users 0 option to select folder location/path, or Daz version, it assumed all users content libraryis in the default path(wrong path)...and it assumed all users have daz 4.5(my version is 4.21) 

4 By watching your video, I noticed this product is a script and launched in a panel, so I mannually copied and pasted the file to the right path on my PC, found the script in Daz... just to find out you never offered a serial code when I need to actviate it.   

I've attached a screenshot of your install manager so you see what I'm talking about.  

I've used installed some unconventional werid plugin/script before like animate2 & mesh grabbers, Your product is probably as useful as these, but they both offered clear installion guide and a serial number.  

edit: I found a PDF file in unpacked folder, it didn't offer any installion guide, only how to use it.  

Installers are built by DAZ, the PA has no control over installation. Basic rule when installing is never to use DAZConnect for scripts or plugins. Always install using DIM. DIM will install into all installed DAZ releases, Relase and public beta.
    Manuals for plugins are found under the help tab.

help.png
    716 x 392 - 77K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • Just wondering if there is any news on the serial numbers, not showing in my account?
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861

Has anyone received serial number, yet?