Genesis 9 we are back in the game Carrara users

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,656

Diomede said:

Simple TShirt Freebie for Genesis 9 Base

See zip attached.  Let me know if this works.  Note - it is just the TShirt for G9.  You will have to convert it to blended and save as a character preset to use in Carrara.  Let me know if there are any problems, such as bad data file mapping.  No shaders but the collar and sleeves are separate shading domains.

Thanks !!!

edited October 2022

M4 Clothes after autofitting to Genesis, then autofitted from Genesis to G9

G9 Male 1 Tpz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796

nice renders,

I cannot be bothered anymore until they release some basic content like morphs,

I did transfer a character with morphloader

but earlier to use V4 so went back there wink

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I cannot be bothered anymore until they release some basic content like morphs,

I was all ready to jump on the Genesis 9 train.  I bought myself a discounted gift card to budget by jump.  If they don't release basic morphs and similar convenient general add-ons soon I will be jumping back off.

@Bunyip02 - nice render!  Good to see that the older content can still be used with good results.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited October 2022
    Free G8 to G9 pose transfer script from the freebie forum: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/598316/g8f-m-pose-transfer-to-g9 /Edit, G8 to G9 shape transfer tutorial: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/598141/bringing-a-shape-from-g8-over-to-g9-tutorial /Edit2 More types of G9 freebies in the forum: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/freebies
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Very dymanic render Bunyip!  I admire your ability to move things from character to character.

Wendy, nice thread.

I won't be joining in the G9 action for a while.  Too much to explore yet in G3. :)

edited October 2022

Decided to invest in the new morph packs - everything seems to be working so far !!!

G9 Morphs 1.png
    2278 x 1038 - 446K

I may need to wait until I rejoin DAZ+ and with inflation and the budget the Labor government just dropped that could be a while off yet

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I may need to wait until I rejoin DAZ+ and with inflation and the budget the Labor government just dropped that could be a while off yet

I bought the Bundle and one DAZ+ item, slugged me over $60 Australian .....

Diomede said:

@Bunyip02 - nice render!  Good to see that the older content can still be used with good results.

Thanks !!!

There was a bit of pokethrough which the majority of was solved by playing with the morph sliders.

UnifiedBrain said:

Very dymanic render Bunyip!  I admire your ability to move things from character to character.

Wendy, nice thread.

I won't be joining in the G9 action for a while.  Too much to explore yet in G3. :)

Thanks !!!

So far am impressed with G9, and with the unavailability of Misty's presets for G3 and G8 - only G8.1, it will fill the gap using autofit for clothes.

Hopefully someone will bring out a script for converting shape morphs. Textures could be a bit tricky. And there is already a freebie pose converter !!!

Bunyip02 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I bought the Bundle and one DAZ+ item, slugged me over $60 Australian .....

not DAZ+ that bundle is  $53.89, buying a $100GC will cost near 200AUD to get 3 months DAZ+ to buy the bundle and any thing else, I still am thinking about DAZ+ and maybe get stuff piecemeal

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Sent you a PM

edited October 2022

ProPose said:

Sent you a PM

read, it's OK, just venting on forum, lots of daily real life essentials are ridiculous at the moment and families everywhere are struggling, I am not. heart

also

There is always another sale  

give it a year yes

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

ProPose said:

Sent you a PM

read, it's OK, just venting on forum, lots of essentials are ridiculous at the moment and families everywhere are struggling, I am not. heart

I'm on a Pension but the house and car are paid off so allowing for a hobby budget I am getting by - feel for those not as lucky broken heart

edited October 2022

Bunyip02 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

ProPose said:

Sent you a PM

read, it's OK, just venting on forum, lots of essentials are ridiculous at the moment and families everywhere are struggling, I am not. heart

I'm on a Pension but the house and car are paid off so allowing for a hobby budget I am getting by - feel for those not as lucky broken heart

exactly

I am bludging on early retierment using my Superannuation and gave up my license (have seniors card and bus and train nearby must walk to fix fatty liver)

if I really was desperate I could get a job wink and still get my Super 

I own my house and owe nothing

edited October 2022

3drendero said:

Free G8 to G9 pose transfer script from the freebie forum: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/598316/g8f-m-pose-transfer-to-g9 /Edit, G8 to G9 shape transfer tutorial: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/598141/bringing-a-shape-from-g8-over-to-g9-tutorial /Edit2 More types of G9 freebies in the forum: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/freebies

Here is a video of transferring Genesis 8 (or other) shapes to Genesis 9 tutorial.  Note, watch until end because he has a correction.

HELP with T-Pose generations?

I am trying to convert a Genesis 2 character shape to Genesis 9 following the (turn G9 into clothing for your shape then export 9 as an obj) method following the attached video.  However, the arms do not line up when rotating shoulders or collars to shift G9 from the A pose to the T pose.

t pose vs a pose strikes again.jpg
    884 x 862 - 109K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited October 2022

Pose Transfer script works in DAZ Studio 4.10

G9G8 PoseTransfer 1.png
    2428 x 1045 - 444K
    edited October 2022

I did Ebenezer Morph and Skin (UUW3D for skin and damn it was fiddly)

edited October 2022

HELP with T-Pose generations?

I am trying to convert a Genesis 2 character shape to Genesis 9 following the (turn G9 into clothing for your shape then export 9 as an obj) method following the attached video.  However, the arms do not line up when rotating shoulders or collars to shift G9 from the A pose to the T pose.

edited October 2022

I think the G9 Dev rig must be missing the JCMs for the armpit, and they matter more than the thighs going from G8 to G9

g9 dev rig must be missing jcm.jpg
    943 x 795 - 82K

Diomede said:

I think the G9 Dev rig must be missing the JCMs for the armpit, and they matter more than the thighs going from G8 to G9

Eeeeekkk !!!!

did you adjust rigging to figure and do ERC freeze before saving the morph?

WendyLuvsCatz said:

did you adjust rigging to figure and do ERC freeze before saving the morph?

Have not gotten to the morph stage yet.  This is just trying to align the G9 dev rig to the base G2F T-Pose.

edited October 2022

I broke my working G9 figure. - solved see below

I made an Aiko 8 body morph for genesis 9 following the video tutorial by Jay Versuis.  I saved it as a morph asset for studio.  I cleared and loaded a new G9.  Dialed up the Aiko 8 body morph.  Applied female textures from the essentials folder.  I converted to blended.  I saved as a character asset.   When loaded in Carrara, the limbs of the new character no longer bend even though they work in Studio.  What is worse, when I loaded my previous working version of G9 in Carrara, it no longer posed its limbs.  

looks like we may need to create our own clones too, you can bake rotations on the Genesis 2 to the A pose for morph transfer just don't save the figure only export the fitted obj

Hmm.  More oddness.  I exited, rebooted, and reloaded.  Now my original converted G9 character preset is mostly working in Carrara again.  However, one or two joints are still odd.  For example, the shoulders bend and the forearms follow.  But the shoulders 'twist' does not twist the forearms.  

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it's OK, just venting on forum,

What, Wendy venting on a the forum?  What is the world coming to? smiley

Also, when did "vitiligo" skin become a thing? 

also

There is always another sale  

give it a year yes

+100

edited October 2022

JOINT ISSUE SOLVED

OK, figured out what was going on with the frozen joints.  They were not frozen.  Instead, certain joints have multiple bone-configs for lack of a better word.  I was inadvertently selecting a sub-configuration instead of the main bone.  Here are some screenshots of the bone hierarchy in Studio and in Carrara.  

!! - there is a bone labeled 'left upper arm' and two more bones for 'left upper arm twist.'  And of course 'Right Upper Arm' should be selected instead of 'Right Upper Arm Twist.'  Make sure you have the main upper arm selected, not those sub bones labeled with twist.