G8F/M Pose Transfer to G9

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
edited October 2022 in Freebies

I saw yesterday that a number of people were suffering from a small number of G9 poses being available. So, can I offer a 4575 line script to transfer poses to G9. You need to have the pose applied to G8F, and it is then transferred to G9 by the script. You need to select the hip of each appropriate character. The script makes a guess as to which is which in the scene, but you need to confirm or correct the choices.

G8F and G9 are very similar, so the poses convert pretty well. The biggest problem preventing immediate use of G8 poses is that the bone names are quite different, and a few bones have different zero settings. I used about 1700 lines of code to get the face rig to transfer, something I've not done in any previous transfer script. This is one area where not everything has a 1:1 equivalence, so I have tried to make it work as well as possible - if anything G8F has more bones in the face than G9. In the lips & eyelids I've had to average up to 3 G8F bone dial values to go into one G9 parameter dial. Not everyone wants the face rig pose to come over with the body pose, so the face rig pose transfer is optional with a checkbox. The head, ears and eye poses always transfer with the body pose.

I do hope it's useful until someone like RiversoftArt can come up with a pose transfer that doesn't need G8F to be open.

Pose shown: BBarbs freebie 'Just Elegant 07' from Renderosity, Characters CHB Milan and V9. Background is Namtar3D's underwater HDRI available somewhere on this forum and at Renderosity.

The image shows that the pose has transferred properly, but due to different limb lengths between the characters, V9's right fingers are embedded in her heel. This is something that you would have had to deal with between two G8 characters and is not something the script can cope with. Allen Art reports below that it works with male figures. I've not tested it but can't see any reason why it wouldn't.

Regards 

Richard 

G8F Pose Transfer to G9 Promo.png
800 x 800 - 876K
zip
zip
G8F Pose Transfer to G9.zip
Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 885

Thanks for this, I just converted a pose by copy pasting each bone, it worked ok-ish except for upper arm and leg rotations, but still needed a lot of tweaking.

This will be a real time saver.

• crpcrp Posts: 68

Thank you so much!

• Thank you. Now to just do ALL my library *nervous laughter.*

• I know, I do rather regard this solution as an 'on demand' transfer for when other methods are not available rather than a full library conversion. I wish I could imagine a [practical] way to open a library pose and convert & apply it on the fly. Thinking about it... I wonder. May have to look into it later. Regards, Richard.
  • Thank you.

• My pleasure. Felt I had to do it when I saw how frustrated some people were getting not being able to get any G8 poses onto G9. Regards, Richard.
  • Thank you so much! I'll be giving this a try later tonight :) 

• Thank you very much Richard, I will give this a try soon!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

thanks! This will be really useful...

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Thank you. They do work on the male :)

• Thought that G8M would work as a pose source character, thanks for confirmation. I haven't tested it with G8M, but all the bone names are identical and the limbs have the same rest angles, so it does seem reasonable. Regards, Richard.
  • Many Many Thanks. Cheers

• Thank you Richard :-)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited October 2022

richardandtracy said:

Thought that G8M would work as a pose source character, thanks for confirmation. I haven't tested it with G8M, but all the bone names are identical and the limbs have the same rest angles, so it does seem reasonable. Regards, Richard.

One of Shimuzu's :) Thanks again!

G9M 03.jpg
    615 x 1000 - 329K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt. That's remarkable. Regards, Richard.

Very cool render AllenArt!

I have transferred a fairy pose over from Genesis 8f and have a render cooking at the moment. I'll try and remember to post here.

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 954

This is awesome, Richard! smileyyes

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 954

Thanks to your script Richard and some tweaking of mine, Yves G9 is sitting in a G8M base pose! yes smiley

Looking good imo!

Kudos!

AOBB

Thank you Richard.png
    777 x 997 - 3M
  • Many thanks!! Tried a few poses and everything was OK!

edited October 2022

Fairy render as promised using a converted genesis8f fairy pose. Uses gu from Zev and my face morphs.

Sprite with gumorphs.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

thanks heart

• I'm so pleased that it seems to be useful. Regards, Richard.

I had to do 38 "poses" but yay now I have a walk cycle

turning it back into an aniblock is unfortunately beyond my skill set, I never have been able to create aniblocks that connect to each other

(it was the G8F flatfooted walk cycle aniblock baked to timeline in place)

• !!!!!! That's persistence. I confess that I have no idea where to start with animations, so can't help there. Regards, Richard
    edited October 2022

video

yeah not many animation options for Genesis 3 onwards in DAZ anyway unless premade 

like Gofigure's AniBlocks

can sort of use ones imported on Genesis 1 with footslide issues on 3 and 8

or unless you own MotionBuilder as the BVH import is terrible

this figure nothing worked

I am guessing GoFigue, Bonetech, Reisermocap etc all use MoBu

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Thank you very much for this nice freebie!

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

Great! Thanks ;-)

• veenveen Posts: 132

Great, now we all hope that someone create a script tu use G8 morphs on G9 :)

• Thanks Richard

• j11011j11011 Posts: 32

thank you!!

someone was taking the wrong lesson from apple and made a new phone that doesn't fit the old charger... I mean even a limited way of applying the old gen poses would have been welcome, like limited to body/legs/arms, then you can fiddle with expression, hands, neck etc like people usually do anyway, but having nothing at all is just - disappointing, very