Carrara 8.5 & Genesis 3 - Victoria 7?

1234568»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225
    edited January 2016
    tsarist said:

Oh well :-/

I wish Daz would not change these Dolls constantly so drastically that people cannot re-use their self-made stuff. 

No Gen 3 for me then. I put simply too much time into my V4/M4 and Gen2 stuff as that I would start all over again with Gen 3 and then later with Gen4 O_o this is annoying.

I hear ya. The thing is, they have to push their limits right now, I think. It's just a nature of the beast. They still sell stuff (even new coming out) for Genesis, Genesis 2, even V4/M4 and earlier. Genesis 3 truly is impressive. They've got movie houses coming in for their latest tech... I'm personally glad that they're giving them what they need. But I'm also glad that it's not like: Okay, no more Generation 4 stuff. 

I really love the new Genesis 3/V7 character , she is killer. I wish there was some compatibility with Carrara on that front.

That said, Genesis 2 has a LOT more life left in her and I think Daz should have held off on releasing a new figure until the current one had been taken farther.

Just look at V4. New and interesting items are coming out for her after all these years. Fixes for various problems have been released and she is a great workhorse STILL!

Genesis 2 should have been allowed to grow BEFORE the big switch.

I'm still running C7Pro, so I'm still running with V4 and probably will continue until I hear that Genesis 2 and DUF work flawlessly in Carrara 8.5 (which i do own, but have yet to install).

Het tsarist! How's it going?!!!

Yeah, I agree on the V4 thing. She's still fantastic for my needs, as are the rest of the Generation 4 line-up of figures... I just love using them - so easy to use.

Genesis 2 blew me away with realism. But, yeah... the figures haven't even matured into the 3D community yet. They'll get better and better in time, as I'm sure there are plenty of folks whom would rather stick with that more classic rigging that Triax offers while still having the amazing morph-following technology working as well as it does.

I've just noticed that Carrara is currently being developed for Genesis 3 and its incredible new technology, dual quaternion skinning. I'm sure that DAZ 3D didn't have much of a choice for releasing Genesis 3 when they did. Single-Axis Joint rigging is the new thing now, I guess... if I'm even saying that right, and DAZ 3D, being the human figure powerhouse that they've been as long as I've known who they are, have to do what they can, when they can, to stay on top of the food chain - and I think they are that in spades right now. Victoria 4 (and the rest of her family) was a huge feather in the DAZ 3D cap. Genesis took the 3D Human Figure world by storm. Genesis 2 took Genesis to a whole new level of realism and implemented even greater functionality. Genesis 3 takes us into that area where the 3D Human can get truly scary-close to looking like the real thing - especially for animation needs, having that new rig which allows us to tweak little individual features as well as using morphs... truly spectacular.

All of this being incredibly exciting and great for us 3D users, I really do hope that plenty of the market's excellent artists continue to support Generation 4, Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 figures all while Genesis 3 support continues. Creating content for all of them has truly become an entirely different (so much easier) workflow from what I knew before, thanks to all of the incredible development DAZ 3D has put into DAZ Studio. It's very much like Magic now. And when they push forward with new technology like this, they continue to make the job of supporting this stuff even easier for the content artists. It's amazing and fun, where it used to be such a headache that I refused to do it.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on