the future and artists, redundancy?

Comments

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869

Its not really a discord used for chatting with other people. The channels are for chatting to the bot and generating images :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822
    edited July 2022

I had a go at Midjourney but really don't know what I am doing, that feed moves so fast

anyway I got some handsome elf lords in opulant robes and possibly wasted half my free goes upscaling them so better wait and think harder before I try again

meanwhile I will make Carrara cutouts of them and animate them with Reallusion Crazytalk

$10 a month for under 200 images is not bad though and will think about it ($15 AUD)

grid_0 (3).png
    512 x 512 - 391K
    grid_0 (4).png
    512 x 512 - 410K
    grid_0 (5).png
    1664 x 1664 - 3M
    grid_0 (6).png
    1664 x 1664 - 3M
    grid_0 (7).png
    1664 x 1664 - 2M
    grid_0 (8).png
    512 x 512 - 436K
    grid_0 (9).png
    512 x 512 - 384K
    grid_0 (10).png
    512 x 512 - 349K
    grid_0 (11).png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Mada said:

Played around with some Viking inspired portals tonight :)

Midjourney is now open-beta so anyone can join the discord, its not invite only anymore 
    https://discord.gg/midjourney

I saw these. Really wondeful imagery. 

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I had a go at Midjourney but really don't know what I am doing, that feed moves so fast

anyway I got some handsome elf lords in opulant robes and possibly wasted half my free goes upscaling them so better wait and think harder before I try again

meanwhile I will make Carrara cutouts of them and animate them with Reallusion Crazytalk

$10 a month for under 200 images is not bad though and will think about it ($15 AUD)

It's $10 for 200 minutes. If I don't upscale much or at all, I can get around 450-500 images. 

edited July 2022

ah I see and I have waifu2XCaffe to upscale anyway

thanks, am animating some of mine at the moment

video

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191

These images all look great.  First Headwax tempts me with 3D Printing, now this.  To repeat, so many toys, so little time.  wink

edited July 2022

some can get things so wrong

https://creator.nightcafe.studio/creation/het7tmjztVpQSxplMeOV

other times right on point

https://creator.nightcafe.studio/creation/4mQxykoriWBUbpynMXGR

my Midjoirney trial is over, used all my free goes and made a video of it all

at this point not doing a subscription as feel I would waste too my time filling my drives with stuff I had little to no creatve imput into.

using 3D assets made by other's is already contraversial to some, this typing prompts and letting an algorithm do it makes that look like Fine art cheeky

edited July 2022

meanwhile in NightCafe

A Bunyip eating a swagman by a billabong 

I am not convinced cheeky

it looks like a platypus shark being eaten by a duck

ScJj4Q00D3w9TnA6dOFj(UpPhoto)(scale)(tta)(height 2048).jpg
    2048 x 2048 - 818K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,699

I might eat a Barramundi but not a swagman !!! wink

Mada said:

Prettly pleased with these Butterfly cards too

I am curious about the prompt you use to get that style, it is sort of Alphonse Mucha like , if I get around to subscibing that is, this is the sort of thing I like

in the meantime I guess I have all those cicada props to render cheeky and could add frames and Sickleyield's vines I bought today

this artist found inspiration like Cris

I am just so conflicted by it broken heart

WendyLuvsCatz said:

my Midjoirney trial is over, used all my free goes and made a video of it all

Pretty cool, the music and FX make it even spookier.

using 3D assets made by other's is already contraversial to some

I guess from an art creation standpoint that's valid.  But for making a short story video, I have no qualms about using purchased models, same as live action teams using cars, boats, buildings, etc.  I would never get one done any other way.  Happily I have some favorite vendors who create amazing 3D models at very affordable prices.  Keeping an eye on sales, I think my average cost for models is $5-10.  The fun is in the "Directing", 

“When I grow up, I still want to be a director.” – Steven Spielberg

WendyLuvsCatz said:

this artist found inspiration like Cris

I am just so conflicted by it broken heart

This is the first time I've heard of Midjourney, a good video explanation.  Thanks.

using 3D assets made by other's is already contraversial to some

I guess from an art creation standpoint that's valid.  But for making a short story video, I have no qualms about using purchased models, same as live action teams using cars, boats, buildings, etc.  I would never get one done any other way.  Happily I have some favorite vendors who create amazing 3D models at very affordable prices.  Keeping an eye on sales, I think my average cost for models is $5-10.  The fun is in the "Directing", 

“When I grow up, I still want to be a director.” – Steven Spielberg

oh I too have no issues with using 3D assets and also as you know make videos, they are my props and actors, 3D scenes are worlds I explore with my CGI camera as a virtual photographer 

this ai is more akin to ready to render scenes you click and load but with infinite possibilities than what we do

edited July 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I am curious about the prompt you use to get that style, it is sort of Alphonse Mucha like , if I get around to subscibing that is, this is the sort of thing I like

in the meantime I guess I have all those cicada props to render cheeky and could add frames and Sickleyield's vines I bought today

I used the following prompts : butterfly, magical, symmetrical, symmetry, flower bouquet, bright green vines, detailed intricate silver ink illustration, tarot card with ornate border frame, dark atmosphere, complementing colors, frame, Peter Mohrbacher, Takayuki Takeya, roger dean
    and then refined with variations until I got what I wanted

Post edited by Mada on
    edited July 2022

Mada said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I used the following prompts : butterfly, magical, symmetrical, symmetry, flower bouquet, bright green vines, detailed intricate silver ink illustration, tarot card with ornate border frame, dark atmosphere, complementing colors, frame, Peter Mohrbacher, Takayuki Takeya, roger dean

yes 

I copy pasted that into Nightcafe
    https://creator.nightcafe.studio/creation/C06zdPxoI5A2maotB1cN

certainly gets a different result wink

C06zdPxoI5A2maotB1cN.jpg
    864 x 864 - 187K
    edited July 2022

this is what I got yesterday before I knew your prompt which shows it really is the roll of the dice devil

you can  see mine in the Wombo ones

e6Htm0D9muPy2u6Zux36.jpg
    400 x 400 - 34K
    Dream_TradingCard.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 408K
    Dream_TradingCard (1).jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 409K

that, plus refining the variations and adjusting the keywords until you get the look you want :)

WendyLuvsCatz said:

oh I too have no issues with using 3D assets and also as you know make videos, they are my props and actors, 3D scenes are worlds I explore with my CGI camera as a virtual photographer 

Yes, well said.  Some elaborate models are amazingly complex and take a lot of exploration to discover the best spots for scenes.  Like a huge seven deck yacht which I got on sale for ~$20:

Just to clarify the complexity of the Yacht above, see atached layout drawing.

Yacht Layout.jpg
    1000 x 427 - 100K
    edited July 2022

Damn I see Midjourney subscription is credit card only not paypal, I prefer not to use my card online

Paypal comes out of my limited funds debit card bank account not the one my pay goes into so I have some control over how much I lose should something get compromised

I won't even use a credit card at DAZ

crappy carrara renderblush

Deep Dream Generator

Doc3.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 490K
    edited August 2022

when I see people posting stuff like this

honesty I look at my 3D renders and weep

edit

Facebook image  link now dead

Wendy, if we compare our artwork with others than we run the risk of why bother ?
    It's the enjoyment we get from fulfilling our own creative offerings with our own skill/abilities and the tools we use to get the end result that we should all focus on.

Bunyip02 said:

Wendy, if we compare our artwork with others than we run the risk of why bother ?
    It's the enjoyment we get from fulfilling our own creative offerings with our own skill/abilities and the tools we use to get the end result that we should all focus on.

I can live with when it's another human though surprise 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

when I see people posting stuff like this

honesty I look at my 3D renders and weep

Indeed, very impressive.  I've had the same reaction to some environmental renders, buy fortunately one vendor sells elaborate project files (like attached) for ~$12 list, on sale for less.  

cracked valley_08_cam18.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 211K

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Bunyip02 said:

I can live with when it's another human though surprise 

AI is a program that looks at the sum of all knowledge, work, styles, types on the internet/programmed into it and comes up with a result once you hit the enter button. Result is who comes up with the words-smith abilities has a better chance of outputting something artsy.

this is so addictive 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

this is so addictive 

And impressive.

edited August 2022

Mada said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I am guessing that took a lot of variations cheeky

I just was curious so tossed it in the prompt wink yes caved and bought some extra metered time 

wendyluvscatz_butterfly_magical_symmetrical_symmetry_flower_bou_d54086a8-eb71-4fa4-9668-ab0aa00d487f.png
    512 x 512 - 441K
    wendyluvscatz_butterfly_magical_symmetrical_symmetry_flower_bou_90ed7738-5958-475b-854e-a2a60d3bacf7.png
    512 x 512 - 450K
    wendyluvscatz_butterfly_magical_symmetrical_symmetry_flower_bou_e0412bf7-eea9-4f53-9963-c3f50698d649.png
    512 x 512 - 531K
    wendyluvscatz_butterfly_magical_symmetrical_symmetry_flower_bou_f98956ce-3611-4b9a-a2b5-dfe8edee790f.png
    512 x 512 - 472K
    edited August 2022

OMG Dall-E 2

I haz make art button yes

DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.18.54 - a tabby cat in a wizards robe.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.19.10 - a tabby cat in a wizards robe.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.19.19 - a tabby cat in a wizards robe.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.19.29 - a tabby cat in a wizards robe.png
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
    DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.23.14 - a tabby cat in a wizards robe casting a magic spell in alchemy workshoo.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.23.23 - a tabby cat in a wizards robe casting a magic spell in alchemy workshoo.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.23.33 - a tabby cat in a wizards robe casting a magic spell in alchemy workshoo.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.23.46 - a tabby cat in a wizards robe casting a magic spell in alchemy workshoo.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.33.50 - magi cats in robes chanting around a mouse in a forest.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.34.00 - magi cats in robes chanting around a mouse in a forest.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.34.12 - magi cats in robes chanting around a mouse in a forest.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    DALL·E 2022-08-04 11.34.22 - magi cats in robes chanting around a mouse in a forest.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M