[Interactive License available] Mesh To Volume... and back!

1235»

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997

Alessandro Mastronardi said:

AnEye4Art said:

Make sure that the 'V' in Volume is capitalized or it will not work - at least according to my experience.

ok, thanks but I actually wondered what that option is supposed to do. If is to size the container box to the actual volume boundaries, it doesn't work for me.

No, as I understand it it clips the volume to fit inside the container

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017

Richard Haseltine said:

AnEye4Art said:

Make sure that the 'V' in Volume is capitalized or it will not work - at least according to my experience.

ok, thanks but I actually wondered what that option is supposed to do. If is to size the container box to the actual volume boundaries, it doesn't work for me.

Unless you change the surface name to Volume and turn clipping off. Then you can see the whole VDB volume, even if part of it is outside the container.

• GordigGordig Posts: 8,979

AnEye4Art said:

It doesn't size the VDB, but rather limits the visible portion of the VDB to the container shape. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

AnEye4Art said:

Unless you change the surface name to Volume and turn clipping off. Then you can see the whole VDB volume, even if part of it is outside the container.

Sorry, yes - I was drfiting into equine/chariot inversion.

• (18 May 2022) Version 1.1 update released.
    Notes:

• product folder structure reorganized

• added feature: vertical blend

• volume container boundaries are now calibrated correctly to match volume extents

• nodes visibility settings now restored properly after the script run

• performances improved of 15%

• updated PDF guide manual

New tutorials on the way: how to make a nice fog volume, how to use it with figures and more...

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

(18 May 2022) Version 1.1 update released.
    Notes:

• product folder structure reorganized

• added feature: vertical blend

• volume container boundaries are now calibrated correctly to match volume extents

• nodes visibility settings now restored properly after the script run

• performances improved of 15%

• updated PDF guide manual

New tutorials on the way: how to make a nice fog volume, how to use it with figures and more...

The update works perfect. Well done, Sir. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,500
    edited May 2022

Thanks for the update - it works very well.

I have converted:

https://www.daz3d.com/lorez-14-mu-worker

Does anybody know, how to made the resulted volume more pronounced (visible).

Are there any ready made materials to use with such volumes?

LoRezMU14Worker01pic08.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 249K
    LoRezMU14Worker01pic08scr.jpg
    1381 x 1011 - 205K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Thanks for the update - it works very well.

I have converted:

https://www.daz3d.com/lorez-14-mu-worker

Does anybody know, how to made the resulted volume more pronounced (visible).

Are there any ready made materials to use with such volumes?

crank up the density multiplier, say at 100 and you'll see...

edited May 2022

Thanks for the answer - I will test it soon.

My favorite part is to render the Volume to Mesh objects with different materials.

Below is the previous mesh rendered with Diamond material from DAZ Uber set.

LoRezMU14Worker01pic14.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 200K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited May 2022

Thanks again for the tip - that is what I want.

Below is a render of Volume with density multiplier set to 100.

LoRezMU14Worker01pic16.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 214K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Thanks for the answer - I will test it soon.

My favorite part is to render the Volume to Mesh objects with different materials.

Below is the previous mesh rendered with Diamond material from DAZ Uber set.

That's a cool feature, isn't?

• Artini said:

Thanks again for the tip - that is what I want.

Below is a render of Volume with density multiplier set to 100.

You are welcome, and if you play with the Scattering and Absorption colors you can achieve lot of nice effects.

Thanks a lot, Alessandro, for creating such a nice plugin.

It brings so much happiness to our lifes.

edited May 2022

Another example render of

https://www.daz3d.com/black-bear-cub-by-am

BearCub01pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 202K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Well the red one looks like a very yummy gummie wink

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017

Artini said:

Well the red one looks like a very yummy gummie wink

It looks like someone already nibbled on his ears. 

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited May 2022

Added tutorial for making fog volumes quickly and painlessly:

Full Playlist here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzUOVK5mlH3oJA1TbeNPkIlOG1M_8n4YY

SmilodonFog.jpg
    1226 x 992 - 481K
    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on

Thanks for the comments everyone and for the tutorial, Alessandro.

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236

Hi, there will be also an upgrade, so economically speaking won't make a different because standard+upgrade=pro version
    No functional differences between the two versions, just the right to sell assets produced commercially.

I was just wondering if there was any update on this "Pro" version. I would love to be able to use this in some of my products.

• Timotheus said:

Hi, there will be also an upgrade, so economically speaking won't make a different because standard+upgrade=pro version
    No functional differences between the two versions, just the right to sell assets produced commercially.

I was just wondering if there was any update on this "Pro" version. I would love to be able to use this in some of my products.

It will enter QA next week, so it shouldn't be too long before it's released. Cheers

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236

Timotheus said:

It will enter QA next week, so it shouldn't be too long before it's released. Cheers

Awesome! And thanks for the quick reply!

• JovanniJovanni Posts: 86

Interesting. If you put the volume of the cube in the window and let the light through it, what will be the result.
    I wonder how much different this is visually from a regular cube with surface settings to simulate volume

• Quick heads up that the Interactive License is available and you can use it to create and resell products derived from Mesh to Volume. Cheers

• MediaheadMediahead Posts: 115

Is it possible to animate characters while using mesh to volume? For example, could I turn a character into a cloud form and animate that character as a cloud form or would I need to run the script for each frame?  

• Mediahead said:

Is it possible to animate characters while using mesh to volume? For example, could I turn a character into a cloud form and animate that character as a cloud form or would I need to run the script for each frame?  

Hi, you'd need to run the script each frame.

• d32un3dd32un3d Posts: 22
    edited December 2023

I was able to fix the missing shader issue by reinstalling the update. But now when I convert to volume all I get is a solid cube block wich doesn't render out at all - just the original figure renders. However, the Mesh back 2 Volume seems to work just fine. As an endeering fan of AM, I have full confidence that he will find a fix for this issue. 

Volume back 2 Mesh_02.jpg
    1363 x 1753 - 79K
    Volume back 2 Mesh_01.jpg
    985 x 1699 - 255K
    Volume back 2 Mesh_00.jpg
    1087 x 1654 - 125K
    Post edited by d32un3d on