[Interactive License available] Mesh To Volume... and back!

245

Comments

  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,791
    edited April 18

    Went into my cart so fast that my wallet is crying.. laugh Now just need someone to say on how to use it, as when it comes to rendering nothing is showing up.. I create lets say a cube with multiple nodes, run the script it says it has done something and a new volume cube is made.. But when rendering nothing is showing, I know I must be missing something but have no idea what..

    Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 443

    I just bought it. Cool product.

  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 802

    I'm definitely picking this up as soon as the related offer starts working. In the meantime, I had a small doubt: is there any way to turn just a bone or set of bones into a volume? It'd be great for characters with a ghost arm and things like that.

  • It seems like that for some users, the volume created is empty, like @Ghosty12. I think I already found what's wrong and will issue an update as soon as verified all it's working. Sorry for the folks that can't make it work yet, it will soon.

  • Just purchased. I have the same problem. I tried different shapes with all possible settings but nothing is rendered. I'm probably missing something.

  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,363

    you made a mastercoup once again, thank you very much! Will buy now and wait for the fix before testing

  • KerwinKerwin Posts: 121

    Just getting empty volumes regardless of settings. Guess we'll wait a while longer.

  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,502
    edited April 18

    Kerwin said:

    Just getting empty volumes regardless of settings. Guess we'll wait a while longer.

    Hang on there Kerwin, something went wrong with the installer procedure, I'm going to fix this soon. Sorry for the trouble.

    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,502
    edited April 18

    Hey guys, I already issued an update so expect to find it in your DIM very soon.
    The fix is very simple (a file is missing in the installer), so if you don't want to wait here is how to do it:

    simply download this file: www.alessandromastronardi.com/QA/tbb.zip
    and unzip it in your: "My DAZ 3D Library\Scripts\Alessandro_AM\Mesh2Volume\Bin\"

    Start Studio, and now all should work perfectly. Thanks, and apologies for the issue.

    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 160

    Absolutely brilliant, AM! Thank you for developing this!

  • PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 560

    Is it possible that there will be a version for MacOS at somer point

  • Platnumk said:

    Is it possible that there will be a version for MacOS at somer point

    I'm afraid not, for technical reasons, since some of the libraries I used don't exist for MacOs.

  • Thank you very much. now it works fine. it's a great product. smiley

  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,502
    edited April 18

    marco_musso10_6df310797b said:

    Thank you very much. now it works fine. it's a great product. smiley

    You're welcome, and sorry for the issue. In any case it will come through also as a DIM update (so you'll have it as a permanent package) already tomorrow or after tomorrow. Ciao

    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • Uthgard said:

    I'm definitely picking this up as soon as the related offer starts working. In the meantime, I had a small doubt: is there any way to turn just a bone or set of bones into a volume? It'd be great for characters with a ghost arm and things like that.

    Not in this release. What you ask would imply a more complex management of the geometry. As things stand now, you'll have to eventually do it yourself, entering the geometry tool, selecting and deleting the unwanted parts and making those a volume.

  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,588

    I don't know how easy it would be, but volume to mesh, it would be nice if you could adjust the 'surface level' to make more voluminous or thinner mesh results.

    But kudos on an amazing product!

     

  • Oso3D said:

    I don't know how easy it would be, but volume to mesh, it would be nice if you could adjust the 'surface level' to make more voluminous or thinner mesh results.

    Agreed. I have ideas of more features to add, I'll consider this too.

    But kudos on an amazing product!

    Thanks.

  • simissimis Posts: 14

    OK, I just got this today, Huge fan of AM. However the shown images are not working at all, Do we have to get our own VDB files? The instructions are very skippy to say the least. The open VDB folder brings up a zzz.obj file. Clicking on that brings up the MS 3D Viewer program. Any basic instructions would be awesome.

    I am using DS 4.20.

  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,502
    edited April 18

    simis said:

    OK, I just got this today, Huge fan of AM. However the shown images are not working at all, Do we have to get our own VDB files? The instructions are very skippy to say the least. The open VDB folder brings up a zzz.obj file. Clicking on that brings up the MS 3D Viewer program. Any basic instructions would be awesome.

    I am using DS 4.20.

    Hi simis, first make sure to apply the fix, since a library file wasn't included in the installer and that will cause the generation of empty volumes (see my first post here).
    It works simply by converting the geometry (selected or all) to a volume. But I'm making a couple of videos to show how it works, I'll have those done by tomorrow. Ciao

    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • simissimis Posts: 14

    I installed the tbb.dll file it just broke the Script. Still am unable to get a volume on the cube. Error said it is missing the shader. The Script runs for several minutes before failing.

     

    AM1.jpg
    1465 x 1228 - 66K
  • simis said:

    I installed the tbb.dll file it just broke the Script. Still am unable to get a volume on the cube. Error said it is missing the shader. The Script runs for several minutes before failing.

    Contact me to my email, I'll help you with that. It looks like it isn't installed correctly.

  • simissimis Posts: 14

    I used DIM to do the install, Maybe it would be better to wait for a proper fix and not take away from your time fixing this. 

     

  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,502
    edited April 18

    simis said:

    I used DIM to do the install, Maybe it would be better to wait for a proper fix and not take away from your time fixing this. 

    As you wish, afterall the fix should be here very very soon. In any case no problem for me, anytime you need help just let me know, I'll be happy to help.
    By the look of it, the fact that can't find the shader file it's odd (did you check if it's really there or not?), it really looks like the installation didn't copy all the files.
     Cheers

    Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • simissimis Posts: 14

    I can wait. You have always been a top notch vendor. Love your products. Will you post the update to DIM?

     

  • simis said:

    I can wait. You have always been a top notch vendor. Love your products. Will you post the update to DIM?

    Thanks for your kind words. I've sent the update to DAZ, so now it's in their hands to pack it and make it available in DIM. Usually they are quite fast, but I'll put a note here once I know it has been released.

  • simissimis Posts: 14

    Thank you so much. You're the best.

     

  • RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 80

    Hi,

    Would it be possible to give a step by step list or tutorial on exactly how to use  this?  I see what you have been able to accomplish and it is amazing, but I have tried every permutation I can think of and am only getting mediocre results, so I know I must be doing some things wrong.   Thank you.

  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,791

    Alessandro Mastronardi said:

    Hey guys, I already issued an update so expect to find it in your DIM very soon.
    The fix is very simple (a file is missing in the installer), so if you don't want to wait here is how to do it:

    simply download this file: www.alessandromastronardi.com/QA/tbb.zip
    and unzip it in your: "My DAZ 3D Library\Scripts\Alessandro_AM\Mesh2Volume\Bin\"

    Start Studio, and now all should work perfectly. Thanks, and apologies for the issue.

    Thank you for the fix works fantastically, and my little cube grew some cloud hair.. laugh

    Cubee.jpg
    500 x 500 - 61K
  • Ghosty12 said:

    Alessandro Mastronardi said:

    Hey guys, I already issued an update so expect to find it in your DIM very soon.
    The fix is very simple (a file is missing in the installer), so if you don't want to wait here is how to do it:

    simply download this file: www.alessandromastronardi.com/QA/tbb.zip
    and unzip it in your: "My DAZ 3D Library\Scripts\Alessandro_AM\Mesh2Volume\Bin\"

    Start Studio, and now all should work perfectly. Thanks, and apologies for the issue.

    Thank you for the fix works fantastically, and my little cube grew some cloud hair.. laugh

    Alrighty, glad to hear it's working for you.

  • I tried the fix and it still doesn't work for me. 

Sign In or Register to comment.