Fiddling with Iray skin settings...

1858687888991»

Comments

• eligodesigneligodesign Posts: 46
    edited October 9

thank you very much to everyone who have shared information on skin and hair settings. I'm having very good results with G3. However, I'm struggling a bit with G8F & M skin settings. Also some hair products are still too grainy even after 4h render time. I don't have such issues with G3 or lover. Render time is much faster. Have been reading all possible forum treads and external articles, I'm still stuck with G8. I'd appreciate your help, since I'm looking forward to render some promo images. Thank you in advance :)

Attached images is the last render with skin settings with the render time over 4h.

In this image i used V7 skin settings suggested by Arnold. I'm getting realistic results however she looks a bit too wet.

ED_HAIR_RENDER.jpg
    593 x 228 - 118K
    ED_SKIN_RENDER.jpg
    154 x 206 - 33K
    ED_G8F_SKIN_1.jpg
    581 x 783 - 143K
    ED_G8F_SKIN_2.jpg
    585 x 787 - 145K
    ED_G8F_SKIN_3.jpg
    575 x 783 - 141K
    ED_ELVIRA_PORTRAIT.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 975K
    Post edited by eligodesign on
  • ok, I have purchased skin shaders. looking forward to test them

• Gr00vusGr00vus Posts: 321
    edited October 13

Consider increasing the Base Bump and / or Normal Map values, and putting the bump or normal map in the Top Coat Bump channel (set the Top Coat Bump Mode accordingly) and experiment with the value for that channel (start from 1.00 and work from there towards a result you like). That should help break up the highlights and replicate a bit more realistic durmal topology. 

I also often apply an HD morph with good skin detail that loosley matches the character's features (if you're not already using a character that has an explicit HD morph). That helps replicate a more realistic durmal topology in most cases. I set subdimension to 4 when using HD morphs, I find the details tend to get washed out at lower subdimension values.

thank you very much to everyone who have shared information on skin and hair settings. I'm having very good results with G3. However, I'm struggling a bit with G8F & M skin settings. Also some hair products are still too grainy even after 4h render time. I don't have such issues with G3 or lover. Render time is much faster. Have been reading all possible forum treads and external articles, I'm still stuck with G8. I'd appreciate your help, since I'm looking forward to render some promo images. Thank you in advance :)

Attached images is the last render with skin settings with the render time over 4h.

In this image i used V7 skin settings suggested by Arnold. I'm getting realistic results however she looks a bit too wet.

Post edited by Gr00vus on