Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

hubert, marmaid, NGartplay, Hansmar : thank you.

Hansmar : another amazing set of hubism, well done.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,128

Hansmar - another set of 6 great "Hubism" abstracts.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Wow Hansmar you are on the ball, amazing set of renders

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited March 2023

Hansmar:

Another great set of Hubisms with some cool variatons! The first two are my favorites here and also the trippy 3rd.

> (quote "And yes, Hubert, now I am really hooked. I made more of them..."
    Ey, that's not my fault... ehm... or so.  ;)

So what, it could be worse. Here is an impression of "2nd Level Hubism Addiction". An overview which shows the most recent thumbnails in my current work folder. Variants of variants of variants. -- (Hint: 2.5MB JPG size.)

Current Hubisms - Overview

And now for s.th. completely different: I'll have to see to yet another Shiny Sphere™! ;)

Post edited by hubert on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,839

Hubert, we're going to have to get some help for you...so that you have enough room on your computer to store all these gorgeous and colorful renders.  Hubby walked in while I was looking at them and I had to tell him this what a Bryce addict does.

edited March 2023

There goes my (in)famous reputation!

NGartplay: Please tell your Hubby that my currently 20.000+ Bryce Hubism workfiles are not a sign of addiction, but of hard work to support opticians and ophthalmologists worldwide.  :)

Post edited by hubert on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited March 2023

Hello, all!  Been busy with work and other "exciting life opportunities", but got a few minutes to play today.  The artwork here always fascinates me; it's amazing to hear the thought process and how it was implemented.  Well done!

This is a variation on a theme I've been playing with and I think I may have posted something similar before, but don't remember.  The scene consists of a simple "5-room" model I created in Wings, a radial light, and texture/bump map I created in Bryce.

I saw the threads called "Game on" and think that's a really fun thing so I've posted my Bryce 7 file for you to experiment with and show us what you come up with.  If there's ever a particular Bryce file you want me to share, let me know, and I'll do what I can.  The only time I might not be able to post an entire file is if it contains something from a paid-for product, but in those situations, I'll let you know what products they are.

Oh, and thanks, everyone, for sharing your files, tutorials, and processes.  I'm an information horder and everything you provide satisfies my horder-ness! LOLOL

Cheers! Art

Escher 2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 399K
    zip
    zip
    Escher 2.zip
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on

Hey Fence, so creative!  The colors are pretty and deceptive.  It looks like the inside of a robot, but it also looks like an alien probe into my brain. 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757
    edited March 2023

NGartplay, you may not believe it, but number 4 is number 6 with an infinite plane with, indeed, a terrain texture. The red indicated item is the infinate plane. Number 5 is the same as number 4, but with the infinite plane in a different position. See pictures. First one is number 4, second one number 5. Without the plane you get number 6.

Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited March 2023

I made a starting file, inspired by Hubert. Kind of a Hubism with my twist. It contains a number of 'windowframes' or squares, a terrain with a picture-based heightmap, three spotlights, a fill-light and a big sphere. I also changed the big sphere by a cube or a pyramid to make some of the following renders.

HubismHansmar_squares.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 557K
    squares1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 880K
    squares2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 614K
    squares_square.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    squares_pyramid.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1018K
    squares_pyramid1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 826K
    squares4.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 746K
    squares_square1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 971K
    zip
    zip
    squares_Hansmar.zip

Hansmar, so cool that you created your own file.  You got such different images from that file.  So fun to look at.

Lol @ hubert :)

Wow hubert, now that's an awesome strip of renders, fascinating work.

Art - another amazing abstract, beautiful colors, thanks for sharing your file.

Hansmar - outstanding renders, each so different, thanks for sharing your file too.

Fencepost52:
    Fascinating shape work, mat and coloring! I see a 4-dimensional cityscape. Many thanks for sharing and..... "Happy Hording"! :)

Hansmar:
    Your twist works very well. A very cool and bizarre "squares" series! Kinda "techno-disco-neon" style, perfect for an animation. Thanks for sharing your workfiles.
    Reminder/Warning/Hazard Hint/Advisory/Insiders' Tip: Beware of possible addiction!! :)

Mermaid:
    Thanks. The possibilities in Bryce seem endless, it never ceases to "surbryce" me. :)

edited March 2023

hubert - quite a selection of Hubisms.

Fencepost - great to see you back, Art. That is a very cool abstract you show us here.

Hansmar - you are definitely addicted to abstracts. Eight great examples.

Here is the Hubism_2023-02-24_oans, almost the original. Spots, cylinders, camera location like the original, the surrounding sphere as well but it got some bump. A bit of negative light by an HDRI to enhance the contrast. That's all.

Hubabstoans

Hubabstoans.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 394K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo:
    > (quote) "quite a selection of Hubisms": Thanks! Since I couldn't decide which of the too many (large) images to post here... I thought about showing this overview.

Regarding your "Hubism_2023-02-24_oans" variation: Cool and trippy, an explosion of colors. Using bump and negative light created an incredible difference!

hubert : amazing set of hubism.

fencepost : the abstract floating city is awesome. thanks for sharing the file.

Hansmar : cool, funny and colourful. Thanks for sharing the file.

Horo : great colours on the hubism.

hubert and adbc - thank you.

Horo, what a surprise, or as hubert says 'surbryce'.  It looks like an abstract painting done with acryllic pouring.  eye candy

edited March 2023
    hubert said:

Mermaid:
    Thanks. The possibilities in Bryce seem endless, it never ceases to "surbryce" me. :)

So true, endless

Horo - beautiful, colorful hubism

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Thank you mermaid.

• benbr11benbr11 Posts: 23

I've been scouring https://www.myminifactory.com/scantheworld/full-collection  to find some interesting objects to play with. For this I was thinking about textured materials and true ambience lighting. It's rough and ready and a simple study rather than a focussed bit of work. I will continue some lighting experiments to see what I can come up with : ) 

Envy.1.2.jpg..jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1016K

benbr11 - very nice result of your experiment. Thank you for the link, there seems to be no end of objects...

edited March 2023

Ngartplay, Mermaid, hubert, Horo, adbc, Thanks very much. Looking forward to see your tries with my file.

Horo, now that is really a psychedelic result, wonderful. Quite useful for a 70s album-cover.

Benbr11. Good start of your experiment. Thanks also for the link.

I now started on the file that Fencepost shared. Again quite some differences possible by changing locations of the camera, modifying textures and giving the radial light a gel texture. First uses perspective rendering instead of 360 panorama. Second one: camera pointed downwards. Third: camera rotated, fourth same as third. Next ones have modified camera position and direction.

Escher 2_HansMar1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    Escher 2_HansMar2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 2M
    Escher 2_HansMar3.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    Escher 2_HansMar4.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 2M
    Escher 2_HansMar4b.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 771K
    Escher 2_HansMar4c.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 2M

benbr11, thanks for the link.  Your render looks so real, excellent.

Hansmar, really wonderful selection of renders that you got from Fence's file. Great job!

benbr11 - thanks for the link, nice start with your experiment

Hansmar - great variants from Fencepost files, truly beautiful.

Hansmar - thank you. Another great set of abtracts.

benbr11: Cool experiment! Many thanks for this link.

Hansmar: The first one is very fascinating! Cool flow of energy and twisted cityscapes. 

benbr11 : Love the experiment. Thank you for the link.

Hansmar : facinating set of abstracts.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489

Hansmar: Nicely done! I think my favorites are the 1, 2, & 4 as ordered in your post, but not in any particular ranking order.  All look great!

This discussion has been closed.