Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited February 2023

NGartplay, mermaid, adbc, Hubert, Horo, Thank you. The 'Scottish plaid' look is caused largely by using a narrower field of view of the camera. The last one uses wonderful textures (metallic) by MatCreator, some with slight modifications. Furthermore, I changed lights (colours/gel) and position of camera and lights. I also played with the gtexture settings, e.g. making them cylindrical or object top instead of the original setting. In some case I also changed the view from 360 panorama to perspective with a wide view (e.g. 120).

In the meantime, I created a few more, again by moving camera and spotlight, change of textures (also of the surrounding sphere) and in some case also by adding a spherical light.

Hubism_2023-01-27_hansmar1a.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 852K
    Hubism_2023-01-27_hansmar3.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 480K
    Hubism_2023-01-27_hansmar4.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 501K
    Hubism_2023-02-06-1548_hansmar2.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 718K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited February 2023

adbc - thank you.

Hansmar - four great abstracts, I like the first and last best.

Fun with Hubert's hubism (from page 63). The spots were replaced by an HDRI, one sphere with transparency at refraction 50 added, the camera repositioned and in front of it the EWL fisheye lens. Rendered with the perspective, not panoramic projection. Thanks again for the file, Hubert.

Hubabst232

Hubabst232.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 380K
    Post edited by Horo on

Great result, Horo!

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,078

Hansmar : Well done 4 abstracts, I also prefer the first and the last one, great colours.

Horo : Beautiful result on hubert's hubism, looks like the entrance to a dark mysterious world.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited February 2023

Thanks Hubert – one quick question, any special reason why the terrain in the lowres file is negative?

Hansmar – awesome set of Hubism examples, the 1st is my fav

Horo – fantastic result

Had lots of fun playing with the Hubert’s and NGartplay’s files, this weekend.

More examples were uploaded to my Pinterest account:  https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/abstracts-done-in-bryce-3d/

lowres-abstract-flower.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 542K
    scattered-rubies-achtundzwanzig.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 736K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid : facinating results, love the examples at Pinterest as well.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Hansmar: Cool variants! My favorites are the first and the third (mysterious) one.

Horo: It's alive!! :)

Mermaid:
    - Two beautiful Hubisms! The top one (with a cube-pattern bitmap?) reminds me of a very old workfile from around 2009. And I like the rich coloring in the 2nd one.
    - I visited your Pinterest gallery. (Usually, I avoid that site). Fascinating images! Good old Bryce still rocks!

> "(quote) Thanks Hubert – one quick question, any special reason why the terrain in the lowres file is negative"
    No reason! -- Most likely I hit the corresponding Shortcut unintentionally, when adjusting size/orientation values in the Attributes dialog. I hadn't even noticed this while I prepared that file for sharing. At least said setting has no ehm.... "negative" effect on the result here. ;)

Thank you Hansmar, adbc and hubert.

mermaid - thank you. Two great renders. Great series of abstracts on your Pinterest site.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,794

I wish that I could think outside the box like you mermaid or Hansmar or adbc and others.  Don't know how you got these looks.  Beautiful.

edited February 2023

Thanks Adbc, Hubert, Horo and NGartplay for the nice comments.

Hubert – when I see negative or positive in the attributes, to me it means Boolean, stupid I know laugh.Regarding the 1st one - the flower I changed the terrain height map to black and white cubes and used one of your materials from an old file you shared previously, not sure which file I saved it as 04. Most people I know don’t like Pinterest, but I prefer it to the gallery here or other image sharing sites. 95% of the Boards are Bryce related. Yes Good Old Bryce still Rocks.

NGartplay – all of Bryce is fun but abstracts are Bryce Mania, very addictive, moving things around, trying different materials, it's fun, fun and more fun and Hubert has shared many files with us, and they make a good starting point.

Thanks Hubert once again for files, past, present and those to come in the future. wink

Mermaid: Yep, Bryce rocks!! Even if "Bryce rocks" are used for making landscapes which I try to avoid. (According image available only on explicit demand!)

PS "Negative Objects": This always means Booleans to me too. -- I just looked up the corresponding shortcut. It was "Shift n" which I must have pressed unintentionally in the opened Attributes dialog. Sorry for the confuzius! Mea terrain... ehm culpa!  ;)

Momentarily, I am still playing with my "sticks-grid" scenery and will share one or two of those new workfiles on weekend.

> "(quote): NGartplay – all of Bryce is fun"
    Fully agreed! :)

> "(quote): but abstracts are Bryce Mania, very addictive"
    I strongly disagree to this statement!! -- And now excuse me, gotta try yet another camera angle in my most current scene.............

edited February 2023

The last one from me for now

bluewaves-bycemat-fanstastic.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 786K

mermaid - that one came out very nice.

Wonderfully done mermaid.  Loving the blues and greens together.  Did you zoom into the mesh to get this look?  I didn't think to do that.

mermaid : the result is awesome and the colours work well together. 

edited February 2023

Thanks Horo, NGartplay and Adbc for the nice comments.

NGartplay – I didn’t move the camera or any of the objects, just changed the materials; I added a bit of transparency to the Big Sphere, hid the lights and used an Hdri for the lighting from this set:  https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/shop/bryce-7-1-pro-exotic-hdri-for-fantasy-skies-and-sci-fi-1/

Mermaid: It looks kinda fragile. Fantastic mat work!

edited February 2023

Mermaid, This is a wonderful result!

I made a couple of renders from cities made by terrains. The first one is simply two terrains with different textures and a few items added. The other ones use a third (and the last one a fourth also) 'city-terrain' as negative to cut out part of the positive cities. Finally, I made a new terrain from the Gritstone hills modified in various ways.

cityterrains1.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 796K
    cityterrains2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 614K
    cityterrains2a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 543K
    cityterrains3.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 655K
    Gritstonehills3_HaMa3a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar, amazing that the farthest buildings are terrains.  So cool.  3rd is my fave of the 4.  The last landscape looks excellent with the gritstone hills mat.

Hansmar - four nicely done city renders and also the mountainous landscape.

edited February 2023

Hansmar : I love what you did with the terrains transformed in cities, cool mountain terrain with the gritstone hill material.

Coïncidence, I did make (only one) kind of city terrain on the water.

city terrain1c.jpg
    940 x 450 - 58K
    Post edited by adbc on
    edited February 2023

adbc - very nice city islands. I particularly like the sky and the dark clouds or fog at the horizon.

The terrain was self made and rendered after the Specular Method, see "Bryce & 3D CG Documents > Mine > Material > Drawing Effects". Sky, colour and specular by a blue HDRI made with the free UniHDRI program, see "Bryce & 3D CG Documents > Programs > Light" and a bit of specular by the sun. A rutted mountain as a drawing (could also be snow covered).

Rutted Sketch

RuttedSketch.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 202K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : thank you. Amazing effect on the rutted mountain, perfect lighting, very realistic.

edited February 2023

Hansmar:
    - Impressive terrain work for those cities. (The third one with its mysterious atmosphere is my favorite.)
    - Great barren landscape (terrain, mats and sky).  

adbc: A wonderful moody scenery. Great terrain and mats.

Horo: Your mountain scene rocks. I love the lighting and mat therein.

--------

@ all:

Here are some variants from my current gaudy'esque Bryce sessions. Kinda "Minimalism Hubism" (i.e. using only very few objects) though with intricate, wild and often unexpected results. I liked the Bryce-untypical illustrative look.

Preview:

Preview

Download:
    http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/bryce4/Hubism_2023-02-24__samples_workfiles.zip

Hints:
    - It's a HTTP (not HTTPS) download.
    - This ZIP (18kB!) contains three BR4 workfiles (around 90kB per uncompressed file) for your personal use.
    - All workfiles tested successfully in Bryce7.

Suggestions:
    - Play with Position, Orientation, Size, etc of each separate Group (Cylinders, Lights, resp. their combined Group).
    - Ditto for the "Big Sphere". (User "CTRL+left mouse button to select it.
    - Move the Camera around in the scene.
    - Tweak the Mats (e.g. Specularity value of the Cylinders).
    - Tweak the Color of each Spotlight.
    - Consider to use the "Pan Tool" in the Wireframe View: To shift the "visible render area" without distortion of the camera's settings. (Keep Spacebar pressed, position the "hand cursor" *inside* the wireframe and drag with left mouse button.)
    - .... whatever else you could imagine.

It's like playing with a kaleidoscope. :)

WARNING: Beware of possible addiction! ;)

Post edited by hubert on

Argh, my post disappeared!

adbc, awesome!  Love the buildings on the water and the sky is beautiful.

Horo, the landscape looks excellent.  The lighting really makes this pop.

Hubert, thank you for the file. Very cool images there. I'll have a look but I have to try a landscape that I've been wanting to do before I get to the new hubisms.

Thank you adbc, NGartplay and hubert - also for the files.

hubert : thanks for your comment and the files.

NGartplay : thank you.

edited February 2023

The terrain was self made and given a material from High Resolution Terrains 1. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from Sunless HDRI Skies and the key light by the sun.

Sparse Greenery

SparseGreenery.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 262K
    Post edited by Horo on

Hubert - thanks for the comments and for the new files.

Hansmar - thanks, very nice terrain cities,  lovely the mountain landscape, cool the lighting and materials in all your renders.

Adbc - your city terrain is awesome too, very nice lighting.

Horo - both your renders are outstanding.

Thank you mermaid.

This discussion has been closed.