Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,838

Thank you Horo.

Mermaid, that is a wonderful image.  I love how it reflects over and over again in the mirrors.  Nice work using the S Ray's models.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,128
    edited March 2023

The object was generated in Structure Synth, in Bryce raised, several times instanced and given the Infinite City Material (comes with Bryce). The clouds are from the Sky Toolbox (from bryce-tutorials) and the ambient light by the belonging SkySC0 HDRI, the key light by the sun. The moon is a sphere, the water self made.

Big City

BigCity.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 196K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Horo - a nice looking city you've got here! And that "decorated glass" abstract was pleasing as well.

mermaid10 - nice "hall of mirrors" effect, and cool showcase for creations of S Ray.

mikuz - welcome! I like your compositions, they have excellent sense of rhythm.

hubert - just wanted to say a big "thank you" to you! Your abstracts are wonderful, artistic and charming, but also you share the scenes of them so we can take a look how they are made and improvise further - which is appreciated much! And, yes, please show more of that "gaudy style" :)

Hansmar - love your results with Hubism scenes! On 3rd and 4th pictures, loved those shadow lines.

adbc - cute and nice geometry experiment you did!

jnobes - welcome! Lovely scene you did. Also glad to see another Samurai Shodown fan. I'd like to make a Bryce interpretations of some stages from it, in the future. I once attempted to make a rice field from SS2, but it ended up a more difficult task than I thought initially (but it helped with learning how to use the Instancing Lab in Bryce, which allows you to put a big number of object clones and land them on the terrain).

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Thanks Horo, hubert, adbc, NGartplay and Past as Future for the nice comments.

Horo - outstanding city render, nice reflections

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Horo: This impressive "monolithic" city looks kinda dystopic. Great texture work for the buildings and water!

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

Horo : great looking city, very realistic material, great sky.

Past as Future : thank you.

Thank you Past as Future, mermaid, hubert and adbc.

edited March 2023

Doodling in Bryce with the Lens and Filter product, I used the Light Effect on a Wings 3D model and the Puddle Spherical Map image included with the product.

brycedoodle-puddles-lens.jpg
    1511 x 679 - 913K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • mikuzmikuz Posts: 0

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!
    I don't know how long my attention will stick to this hobby, but the status for today is that I'm having fun :)

patrzjakfruwa.png
    1600 x 700 - 877K
    tapeta1.png
    1200 x 800 - 1M
    deep.png
    1200 x 800 - 2M

Another set of very nice renders Mikuz I hope you use Bryce for a long time. I'm using it as a hobby for the past 10 years, actually with a bit of Wings 3D, Bryce is the only 3D program I use, awesome for doodling.

mermaid - very cool render. I should use those filters a bit more often than never.

mikuz - three great renders, each one different and charming. Keep it up. I have been "bryceing" for over 20 years and see no need to stop it.

Nice looking city Horo.  The water is perfectly done for a cityscape.  It looks like the river in Chicago.

mermaid, I've never seen anything like that before.  So cool

Mikuz, I'm glad that you decided to play with Bryce.  You have a talent for it.  I sometimes set it aside but I always come back to it.  Excellent Earth in the first, thinking outside the box on the second and the third is very moody.

Thank you NGartplay.

Mermaid:
    A very cool effect! It looks like a gateway into another dimension.

Mikuz:
    Another great set of images. The second and third image have kinda surreal feeling. Great job with composition, mats and lighting.

> (quote) "the status for today is that I'm having fun"
    I once thought so too, in 1997 (with a Bryce2 then).... and I still have fun with Bryce! :)

Thanks Horo, NGartplay and Hubert for your cool comments

mermaid : very cool render, love the effect of the filter.

mikuz : that's again a great set of images.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757
    edited March 2023

Mermaid, fantastic mirror in mirror render. And a very weird terrain with special effects.

Horo, great work with the city from Structure Synth.

Highly creative renders, Mikuz. Keep going! Love the reflection in the astronaut’s helmet.

Thank you, Past.

I made lots of Hubism variants again.

Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-oans_Hansmar2: further modifications of location and rotation of camera and group of lights. Made the big sphere round (again) and used maximum ray depth 9.

Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-oans_Hansmar3, 4 and 5: Modification of location and diffuse texture of the big sphere and negative specular for the orange spotlight.

Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-zwoa_Hansmar 4 and 5. Moved the group of cylinders and lights to partly outside the big sphere (and changed the rotation of the group of lights).

Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-oans_Hansmar2.jpg
    1000 x 555 - 303K
    Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-oans_Hansmar3.jpg
    1000 x 555 - 381K
    Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-oans_Hansmar4.jpg
    1000 x 555 - 718K
    Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-oans_Hansmar5.jpg
    1000 x 555 - 814K
    Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-zwoa_Hansmar4.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 488K
    Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-zwoa_Hansmar5.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 482K
    group partly outside.JPG
    587 x 623 - 69K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar, awesome!  I feel like I'm looking at cartoons in a comic book.  Well done with all of them.  Don't really have a favorite but if I had to pick I would go with 5.

• benbr11benbr11 Posts: 23

The reddit page for Bryce 3D was running a banner design competition and I came up with this. Nebula from David and Horo's spacebuilding kit and the rest is some abstract arrangement that pleased my eye

Digging the Hubism's Hansmar! And the cityscape from Horo is making me want to try my hand at something similar

Space Abstract 2.2..jpg
    1920 x 384 - 253K

That looks awesome benbr11.  Beautiful sky and colors.  Hope that you win with this beautiful banner.

Hansmar - thank you. Great collection of Hubisms. I'm not a big fan of the first one but the other four look really great.

benbr11 - thank you. That banner looks really awesome.

edited March 2023

Thanks Adbc

Hansmar - thanks.Wow a beautiful set of hubisms.

Benbr11 - an awesome space banner, it's nice to know that there are other Bryce competitions in cyber world. Hope you win

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited March 2023

Hansmar : awesome result, vibrant colours, they all look great !

benbr11 : beautiful banner, hope you win !

All bryce terrains, only the grass is from the internet, cannot remember where I got it from.

valley5.jpg
    900 x 450 - 79K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - beautiful render, very nicely done.

Horo : thank you.

Hansmar:
    - Great playing, a cool assortment. Interesting cartoonish look of teh 1st one. My favorite is the last one.
    - Hazard hint: Beware of possible addiction!  ;)

benbr11: A cool idea for a banner. Great mats, lighting and render.

adbc: A beautiful landscape! Great composition, details and mats. The soft sky fits imo perfectly.

adbc - superb render, perfect lighting and materials.

adbc, a beautiful landscape.  Each mount is unique and love the textures.  I think the brush might be by Traveler from RDNA.  Believe that I have that as well or some that looks similar.  Estavez also did similar bushes.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757
    edited March 2023

NGartplay, benbr11, Horo, mermaid, adbc, hubert: Thank you.

benbr11, that is a great banner. Wonderful colours.

adbc, Looks like some American desert to me. Very well made.

And yes, Hubert, now I am really hooked. I made more of them, but did not now make notes of all changes. I am sure, that I added a reflective infinite plane in some. And I changed the texture of the sphere and added some spherical light, if I remember correctly. Some use negative spotlights or negative specular in the light.

Hubism_2023-02-14_s-w-BryceMat_Hansmar2.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 814K
    Hubism_2023-02-14_s-w-BryceMat_Hansmar3.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 933K
    Hubism_2023-01-27_lowres-sample_HM1.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 842K
    Hubism_2023-02-14_s-w-BryceMat_infiniteplane_HM1.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 645K
    Hubism_2023-02-14_s-w-BryceMat_infiniteplane_HM2.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 835K
    Hubism_2023-02-14_s-w-BryceMat_infiniteplane_HM2a.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 413K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar, how did you achieve number 4?  Is that an earth material?  You got such a wide variety of results.  Well done.

This discussion has been closed.