Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,839

Horo, a difficult terrain to traverse.  Beautiful mats and sky. Well done!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,128

Thank you NGartplay.

• Hi all, here's my first Bryce project.
    It's a coastal scene of course, with a few meshes I crudely put together in Blender. It's two terrains, one for the water and one for the ground with materials from High Resolution Terrains 4, scaled to fit my relatively small terrain. I grabbed the HDRI from a website. Looking back, I would have split the ground into three separate terrains, one for the foreground, middle, and far, as it started to get a little fiddly trying to get small details into the foreground, so the result isn't quite how I envisioned. I also found water was far more difficult to get to look right than I imagined it to be, there was supposed to be more detailed water elements also in the foreground, so I think I'll prioritise some learnin' on that  
    I have a minor concern. Is it normal for Bryce to intermittently become unresponsive for a brief moment while working within it? It doesn't seem to cause issues but it is a little irritating at times.

Geocrafting12.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • huberthubert Posts: 410

Horo: A wonderful scenery. Great crisp mat on the hills.

jnobes: Welcome!
    An epic and majestic landscape. Wonderful terrain work and sky. The water is impressive and the crystals add a magical touch to this scenery.

> (quote) "I have a minor concern. Is it normal for Bryce to intermittently become unresponsive for a brief moment while working within it?"
    Does this happen when working in the Wireframe View?
    I observe this effect occasionally when working with scenes that contain quite many objects and/or very detailed meshes (esp. imported highres objects). -- In this case, try with a lower "Resolution" of the object meshes in the wireframe view,. Bryce calls this "Level of details (LOD)". It is accessible at the right side of the screen, the 6th icon from bottom up. Kinda grid with a white triangle and its tooltip shows "Resolution".

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103
    edited February 2023

mermaid : thank you.

Horo : outstanding terrain landscape, great materials and sky.

jnobes : Well done landscape,has a bit of magic with  the crystals.

Back to some abstracts. 

first one :1 plane, 3 tori, 20 spheres, 1 cone, 1 light, white hdri
    same primitives, black hdri.

abstract21.jpg
    800 x 800 - 53K
    abstract27.jpg
    800 x 800 - 116K
    Post edited by adbc on

jnobes - welcome to this forum. Very nice and well done scene.

hubert - thank you.

adbc - thank you. Beautiful abstract.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Jnobes - welcome to the Forum, fantastic render, hoping to see more of your renders.

Adbc - two beautiful abstracts.

Horo, mermaid : thank you.

adbc: Seemingly simple yet effective. That's an impressive difference between these two variants!

edited February 2023

The camera was placed differently, the brightness of the spot lights adjusted and negative light from inside by an HDRI to enhance the contrast. I have a love-hate with abstracts. Changing anything a bit and you get something completely different and it finally gets difficult to decide which variation one should keep.

Hubabstgsuffa

Hubabstgsuffa.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 179K
    Post edited by Horo on

Jnobes, wow, I'm impressed that that is your first Bryce.  Mine were so simple but yours is really well done.  Thank you for sharing.

adbc, never seen abstracts like that.  Very original and pretty

Horo - Wow beautiful abstract

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757
    edited February 2023

Mermaid, Horo, adbc, hubert, Thanks.

Adbc, what a great terrain scene, wonderful atmosphere. And two lovely abstracts; I prefer the second more coloured one.

Horo, beautiful landscapes and very well rendered. And I agree with your view on abstracts. They can give you very many different renders with just a few changes. I love your Horo-Hubism.

Hubert, great to see your illustrative colourful works. I needed to try some of my own.

Jnobes, Welcome and what a very good first Bryce work. Great terrains, very good textures.

So, I used Huberts fils and wrecked them in my own ways. This time, I tried to write down some indications of what I did, but not in all details.

Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-gsuffa_Hansmar1: Elongated the sphere upwards, moved a few spotlights, changed orangs spotlight to green, blue a bit darker and yellow a bit lighter, but gave it a negative specular. Reduced the specularity of some circles and increased of one. Reduced maximum depths rays to 3.

Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-gsuffa_Hansmar2: sphere less elongated. Maximum depths rays to 9, camera 90 degrees, rotated and closer to the items. Camera moved to the side too (so the left is just reflections); Big sphere reflecting clouds texture.

Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-zwoa_Hansmar1: Big sphere texture reflection basic tiles with narrower lines, moved and rotated the group of lights. Also added a radial light (outwards, range 200, slightly smaller than the big sphere).

Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-zwoa_Hansmar2: Like number 1, but with modified position (rotation mainly) of camera.

Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-oans_Hansmar1: And then, for this one, I forgot to write down my changes. Certainly rotation and location changes of the group of spotlights. And I think also some change in camera position, but not sure anymore.

Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-gsuffa_Hansmar1.jpg
    1000 x 555 - 394K
    Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-gsuffa_Hansmar2.jpg
    1000 x 555 - 394K
    Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-zwoa_Hansmar1.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 472K
    Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-zwoa_Hansmar2.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 464K
    Hubism_2023-02-24__sample-oans_Hansmar1.jpg
    1000 x 555 - 427K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar, and me too :)   Love your new abstracts.  You got some great results. Very pretty.

Horo, so glad that you tried an abstract.  The results are beautiful.  I agree about which to post.  They all can be intriguing and so difficult to choose.

hubert, NGartplay, Hansmar : thank you.

Horo : outstanding abstract adjustment, the colours are awesome.

Hansmar : this is a beautiful set of "hubism" adaptations. 

Wow Hansmar, a fantastic set of hubism variants, it's amazing you kept track of what you did, thanks for sharing.

Hansmar - thank you. I cannot decide which is my favorite, all five are amazing abstracts.

mermaid, NGartplay and adbc - thank you.

edited February 2023

Horo: It's mesmerizing. Gorgeous rich mats and coloring!
    > (quote) "...it finally gets difficult to decide which variation one should keep"
    Yep, I know that feeling well too... quite often! ;)

Hansmar: An impressive set, fascinating and much different variants! My favorites are the first and the last one with their vivid colors.
    PS: Incredible that you track and write down your changes! ;)

@ all: I too am still playing with that gaudy style, by adding more cylinders and these in a different geometric arrangement. -- Previews available on demand (American Excess accepted.)  ;)

Post edited by hubert on

NGartplay, adbc, Horo, hubert, Thanks! I find it is very easy to make multiple great looking renders starting from hubert's set-ups. Much easier than creating a wonderful abstract by painting, I know from experience.

• mikuzmikuz Posts: 0

Hi, I'm new here ;)
    After watching the LGR video, I've been playing around with Bryce 7.1 for 2 weeks.
    I really like this program, and it would be nice if it got some update....
    Here are my humble renders:

4.png
    1200 x 600 - 65K
    dolinka2.png
    1000 x 800 - 1M
    fraktale_CHYBA.png
    1200 x 600 - 2M
    town1.png
    1200 x 600 - 614K

Hi Mikuz!  So glad that you popped in to share with us.  I'm so impressed by the quality of newbie renders I'm seeing from you and Jnoble.  My first Bryce renders looked like a 5 year old did them.  Bravo to you!

You should try an image for the challenge.  New Bryce users win $10 gift to the store and you and Jnoble are the only new Brycers here :)  Just need to get a quick computer image in before the deadline.  Apoc may extend it a day or so if you think that you'll give it a try.

Horo, where do you put your horizon line when you do a landscape?  I'm having trouble starting my landscape.  I want to start with a good horizon line.  When I start a new image it's in the middle of my view.

Welcome! Amazing set of renders Mikuz for a newbie, 2 weeks into using the program. Very nice work showing the versatility of Bryce. Hope to see more of your renders.

Hi Mikuz,

welcome! Glad to see you posting here. :)

Your images are very impressive for just having started with Bryce! Great use of materials and lighting. Especially your "fraktale" image is untypical and fascinating.

mikuz : Welcome. I agree with the others, you made a great start with Bryce !

Welcome, Mikuz! What can I say, you definitely have made a very good start towards some interesting works!

edited March 2023

Sometimes I just browse the old Show us your Bryce Render threads, for inspiration and remembering the good old days when the forum was very active.  I really love this effect and although I tried it before, I did another yesterday using freebies SRay shared with us. This effect was discussed here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/53147/show-us-your-bryce-renders-part-9/p98

droste-effect2-final.jpg
    622 x 900 - 482K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited March 2023

mikuz - welcome to Bryce and this forum. Very nice results of your renders. Keep it up.

NGartplay - The horizon is in the centre of the Bryce world. Haze gets up from there, but not down. With tilting the camera upwards you can move it out of the middle. I have a PDF on my website that may be of some help: 3D CG Documents > Mine > Sky > Haze Line.

mermaid - this mirror-in-mirror scene looks great.

Post edited by Horo on

Mermaid: Wonderfully done!

mermaid : wow, superb image, love the mirror effect.

This discussion has been closed.