Website Improvements and Updates Incoming

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,733

xyer0 said:

AllenArt said:

More of Daz's website philosophy...if it ain't broke, break it.

Good one. They keep trying to get rid of me, and I can no longer resist.

Yeah - seems like Daz is trying its best to get rid of people. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,211

Still waiting for the improvements...

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,070

barbult said:

Still waiting for the improvements...

Yes!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited December 2021

New store front page hurts my eyes because product thumbnails became TOO SMALL now.

Perhaps you should return filters back to horizontal way it was before and/or make it a panel that appears and disappears completely.

more annoying, a useful feature of the previous page has disappeared. If you have a large number of artists, it is no longer possble to find some of them by searching with some letters and you have to scroll all the way down to find them.

Also this. Please, dont let UI/UX take away sales from artists... 

Post edited by akmerlow on

...again I miss the old bug tracker as you could "sign on" to a ticket someone else already submitted if you experienced the same issue instead of having to fill out and submit an entire new one.  In a sense it would streamline the workload for the support team as that way they could see the number of community members a specific issue impacted.

• i'm looking forward to seeing what else they can come up with to further spoil the shopping experience... like a flickering screen or better still a strobe effect blasting you in the face!

But knowing Daz they wont listen and will undoubtedly come up with something you would never think off... Genius! 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,904
    edited December 2021

yeah popup NFT advertisments on every page angry

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

akmerlow said:

New store front page hurts my eyes because product thumbnails became TOO SMALL now.

Agreed. On 1440p (2560px wide), the max-width of .bs5-container is now set to 1320px, leaving far too much space unused for a store front, especially considering that product imagery is crucial and that Daz decided to truncate product names to 'look nice'.

Setting max-width, at this breakpoint, to 2405px allows items to display at, apparently, full size (item images don't seem to get any bigger past this). Setting max-width to 330px on the sidebar means that doesn't get too wide (default width is set to 25%).

A cursory glance through the css, I can't see a larger breakpoint for 4k screens - so I don't envy their experience.

• Wow, I thought Daz3d had been hacked! This is intentional???? Please undo these recent "website improvements" so that I may shop here again! Unhappy customer :(

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,768

Well it is the week before Christmas and DAZ likes to roam through their house and destroy all the little things that still work, each year. Remember last year's surprise and what happened then? 

But if anyone does want to get to the sales, ATI's email for the wishlist may help, or go to your 'My Wishlist' area and yes, that dreadful screen is there, but, page through and you can start to see the sales show up. For example, Billie at 50% off, turned into 62% off for me in the cart. I also have two new items for today in there. 

I do agree, I never shop on my iPhone nor my iPad. And only purchase on my iMac where I know my security is assured. I never do finances on my Windows computers either. Those are for work or rendering... 

My frustration with this company is continuing to grow.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985
    edited December 2021

azoohouse said:

Wow, I thought Daz3d had been hacked! This is intentional???? Please undo these recent "website improvements" so that I may shop here again! Unhappy customer :(

It would be nice if they did, but with how things seem to be going I don't think so..

memcneil70 said:

Well it is the week before Christmas and DAZ likes to roam through their house and destroy all the little things that still work, each year. Remember last year's surprise and what happened then? 

But if anyone does want to get to the sales, ATI's email for the wishlist may help, or go to your 'My Wishlist' area and yes, that dreadful screen is there, but, page through and you can start to see the sales show up. For example, Billie at 50% off, turned into 62% off for me in the cart. I also have two new items for today in there. 

I do agree, I never shop on my iPhone nor my iPad. And only purchase on my iMac where I know my security is assured. I never do finances on my Windows computers either. Those are for work or rendering... 

My frustration with this company is continuing to grow.

Just reading some of the posts in this thread, some are none to happy with what is going on, and it really does make one think what the overall plan is here.. As so far it just seems to be annoying people more than anything..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,466

kyoto kid said:

soon

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Now you can't search for a PA, you have to scroll through the list that is sorted by the number of products sold, to find their name. Daz is making it easy to save $.

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

The product page is awful, the thumbnails so small and, I think it looks cheap, this way.

Hope they listen to their customers.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,466

Petra said:

The product page is awful, the thumbnails so small and, I think it looks cheap, this way.

Hope they listen to their customers.

Just add NFT and ETH in your ticket ... sure to catch their attention 

daveso said:

soon

...Rule #1 of site building: Updates should improve the user experience.

• SempieSempie Posts: 651
    edited December 2021

Most of the search filters have gone. Like Wishlist Items Only, Hide Items I Own, Only Show Owned, PC+ coupon only, PA-coupon only, etc. Meaning loads of time needed to browse through the sale itemes.

Not an improvement.

Post edited by Sempie on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

those search filters are from Ati & Overdrawn's browser add on - they were never part of the actual store itself. Unfortunately, from what I've just read, the "improvements" (ha hahahaha) to the store have totally broken the add on.  

Sempie said:

Most of the search filters have gone. Like Wishlist Items Only, Hide Items I Own, Only Show Owned, PC+ coupon only, PA-coupon only, etc. Meaning loads of time needed to browse through the sale itemes.

Not an improvement.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I think that because this particular thread was started by a daz person, DAZ_Jessica, about the store changes, that is why we're posting in here. Because we're assuming that DAZ_Jessica at least, will be reading it, and perhaps sending the info back to The Powers that Be?  

Richard Haseltine said:

Tickets are the way to report specific issues (not oen ticket with a bunch of issues) as they can be tracked and counted. While it may well be that someone will look through this thread it isn't in a form that lends itself to systematic logging - though discussing issues here is a good way to build up a more comprehensive picture before reporting.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,547

jakiblue said:

I think that because this particular thread was started by a daz person, DAZ_Jessica, about the store changes, that is why we're posting in here. Because we're assuming that DAZ_Jessica at least, will be reading it, and perhaps sending the info back to The Powers that Be?  

Usually that's not the case. The announcements are usually done in style "This is what we did/are doing" and then nothing. 

edited December 2021

...I notice that when on a sale page and the Sort is set to "New Arrivals" there are also a number of older products mixed in with newer ones some, from as far back as 2008.

With the Daz Deals plugin broken, the filter to Hide Daz + Items is also missing making sifting through the pages all the more tedious.  Particularly wonderful with the storewide sale going on. Bad enough every new page opens at the bottom instead of top.

Navigating the store right now is about as bad as debugging "spaghetti code" that has no documentation.

It's like do they really want my Zlotys or not?   

Post edited by kyoto kid on

jakiblue said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Tickets are the way to report specific issues (not oen ticket with a bunch of issues) as they can be tracked and counted. While it may well be that someone will look through this thread it isn't in a form that lends itself to systematic logging - though discussing issues here is a good way to build up a more comprehensive picture before reporting.

...+1. 

• kyoto kid said:

...I notice that when on a sale page and the Sort is set to "New Arrivals" there are also a number of older products mixed in with newer ones some, from as far back as 2008.

The older items mixed into the new arrivals was happening for a long time for me and then stopped a few months ago and it just started back up with this new update. The trick is when you see an older item mixed in (Bryce is usually what shows up top for me) just click sort by price high to low or whatever, and then click sort by new arrivals and then it'll actually be in the proper order. 

...I tried that and it didn't work, was still finding G2 and G1 stuff in the early pates.   

It just becomes a chore to sift through page after page. particularly without the Daz Deals plugin working and that having to scroll up all the time.  Got to be a real drag.  I finally gave up after picking out only two items and just purchased those.

It used to be enjoyable to shop here.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,070

kyoto kid said:

...I tried that and it didn't work, was still finding G2 and G1 stuff in the early pates.   

It just becomes a chore to sift through page after page. particularly without the Daz Deals plugin working and that having to scroll up all the time.  Got to be a real drag.  I finally gave up after picking out only two items and just purchased those.

It used to be enjoyable to shop here.

I've reached the point that I need an 'exclude' function for the store. I'm no longer buying female characters - I think I've got close to 200 G8 that I've used maybe 20 to 30 of. I've dropped Genesis 2 and 3, and V4/M4 and all their relatives from my run time, and I'm pretty much done with the effort to scroll past all these in the store looking for the odd item I can use.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 429

If I sent in a support ticket suggesting that the people responsible for these "improvements" be fired for making a funcational marketplace look like a 10 year olds first website, does that make me a bad person?

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

jd641 said:

If I sent in a support ticket suggesting that the people responsible for these "improvements" be fired for making a funcational marketplace look like a 10 year olds first website, does that make me a bad person?

No

• I thought the improvement would include new features like keyword search inside sales page, or category sorting (people, environment, props etc, not the theme/genre one)

Anyway let's hope Ati can have time to update Daz-deals soonfrown