[CONTEST] RRRR - Things you have to do before you die *Tons of prizes*

Comments

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

thanks totte, diomede64 and luci45 for your comments. i remember back in college with friends trying to play and sing tambourine man, but we never could get the verses in any sort of order. then again maybe it was the wee hours and our mental condition. how fortunate that there was no one else up to hear it. well at least they didn t bang on the walls.

@diomede64 #1 ah! a riverboat gambler in n'orleans. i wonder if it s irish coffee. like the reflections in the super polished table. nice one!

@KaribousBoutique #2 love the color and reflections! and those demon masked ponies are great. wonder if they re inspired by inuyasha anime cartoon

@barbult #2 nice roast! i was almost expecting a sledgehammer and a watermelon.
    #3 OMG what a way to get the kinks out of a zebras back. i m pretty sure the zebra is enjoying it. nicely done!

@totte #5 ha! so cowboys don t take off their boots when they re getting a bath. i wonder if they take off their hats good one!

@luci45 #5 truly a magical elven elixir! was it thomas jefferson who despaired about what would happen if there was no longer a west for the elves to go into. well done!
    #6 well done! i wish the cormorants well. i m worried about the aesops fable about the crane and the fox not being able to share a common meal. if they can make it past the repast then IT IS the start of a beautiful friendship. lighting dark characters is a task. they can easily require over twice the intensity of light as the fairer ones. and IRL the talent often complains when their brains are being cooked.

@Zawarkal #1 now this is a moody piece. it reminds me of a friends dorm room. he had a black light and had repainted the walls fluorescent purple. good one!

@obanion #01 wait a minute! that dragon is the mother in law!! well done!

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Pull #3:

1554 Crypta Sepultus (Jack Tomalin), DAZ
    6773 Scissor Lift (Valandar) DAZ
    5195 My Lantern (JudibugDesigns), RR
    6392 Rocket Launcher (DAZ 3D), DAZ

Seriously?! Aaaargh! Why do I keep getting these brutal pulls?!

TAG: KaribousBoutique #3
    Title: Tomb Raider Fantasy
    Deep down, Sally had always wanted to be Lara Croft, so it was not surprising that her psychotic break ended with a rocket launcher in the Fairy Lights Tomb when the maintenance men were changing the light bulbs...

This HAD to be one of the worst pulls I've ever gotten. And if I wasn't on the Homeland Security watch list before, I am now, after Googling a zillion photos of rocket launchers to get the pose and flames right.

TombRaider1.jpg
    2000 x 1322 - 638K
    edited December 1969

Gopherus #2
    In Search of the Perfect Cannoli

Pull:
    Meg hair
    Vintage Girl
    Lisa Botanicals: Sea Floor Pack 1
    Heidi Fashion

I don t know if Luca Brasi's second life with the fishes was on his bucket list. but it should have been. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Reborn with the fishes.

merMafia000.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 919K
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

It always appalls me to see how much my content list grows in just the few days since I've done my last pull. Must be PA September and PC October...

Pull #4:

4779 MDD Shealyn for V4.2 (Maddelirium), RR
    1166 Catoblepas (Valandar), DAZ
    4388 Lisa's Botanicals - Coral Bells (Lisa's Botanicals), DAZ (now HW)
    5267 Nascha - V4 Outfit (P3D-Art), RR

GAH!! Catoblepas?? For the record, in each of my pulls thus far this month, I've pulled one of the oddball items made by either Valandar or petipet -- two artists who ALWAYS keep things interesting!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Pull #6
    #822 Adventure Hero (#15241)
    #5518 Yard Builder (#18288)
    #1085 Beau Quartier (Rendo)
    #2634 Hitman Textures (#15660)
    (LB)#2608 HeroShip Quarters (Rendo)

OK Three environments, which of one with multiple large props and one indoor and another outdoor one, this will need full attention by the little grey cells.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

And with that one out of the way, it's on to Round 2!

The pull:
    1459 - Addison (WTF!? I mean, seriously, people, WTF!?
    2173 - pwGhost (Ditto...!?)
    394 - Asian Prop Set
    2221 - Reflections

I'm getting the germ of an idea....

Interesting.... Addison is a Genesis-based character. I had completely forgotten about that. So what's she doing in my Gen-4 runtime!? Oh, well....

Also used:
    Reflections Victorian Bedroom
    Deco Mirror
    Boudoir Whispers
    Coco Hair
    Michael 4
    Mark Hair
    Lockwood for M4
    Nick (character morph for M4)

TAG: obanion#02

Title: Bucket List Item #34 - Spend a Night in a Haunted Hotel

RRRR_BucketList_02.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    edited December 1969

And it's on to Round Three!

The pull:
    1685 - Dark Warriors for GIS
    1916 - H4 Hovertank
    1102 - Fashion Hair
    3378 - The Living Room

Hmm, things were getting downright promising, right up until the last one....

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

And with that one out of the way, it's on to Round 2!

The pull:
    1459 - Addison (WTF!? I mean, seriously, people, WTF!?
    2173 - pwGhost (Ditto...!?)
    394 - Asian Prop Set
    2221 - Reflections

I'm getting the germ of an idea....

Interesting.... Addison is a Genesis-based character. I had completely forgotten about that. So what's she doing in my Gen-4 runtime!? Oh, well....

Also used:
    Reflections Victorian Bedroom
    Deco Mirror
    Boudoir Whispers
    Coco Hair
    Michael 4
    Mark Hair
    Lockwood for M4
    Nick (character morph for M4)

TAG: obanion#02

Title: Bucket List Item #34 - Spend a Night in a Haunted Hotel

Nice one , Ken. That ghost came out particularly well. And you did a great job on those wall sconces, I have a terrible time getting lights like that to look realistic. How did you do it, to get the nice light on the wall and get the fixture lit so realistically? The fireplace light looks nice, too.

edited December 1969

@KaribousBoutique #3 The flames were well done. she better be careful with the lights. the new ones have mercury and are toxic when broken. nice one!

@Ken OBanion #2 ah! she s primping herself up so that when she s screaming down the hall, she ll look her best. good one!

next pull
    Evilson M4
    The Cupola
    Revolutionary American Soldier (renderosity)
    Wood Chopping Kit

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Nice one , Ken. That ghost came out particularly well. And you did a great job on those wall sconces, I have a terrible time getting lights like that to look realistic. How did you do it, to get the nice light on the wall and get the fixture lit so realistically? The fireplace light looks nice, too.

Thanks, barbult! I was rather pleased with how it turned out. There was a bit of a learning curve with the pwGhost shader, but I was pleasantly surprised by the result. And it looks like I'm finally beginning to get a handle on lighting in DAZ Studio. (It's still pretty much hit-or-miss, though!)

The sconces were an old trick I learned in another RRRR. To get the light on the wall, I just parked a point-light above the object, dialed the intensity down to about 40% or so, and gave it a soft yellowish cast. Then I set the ambient on the shade to an even lighter shade of yellow, and cranked that up to about 50%, as well. I used a similar trick with the fireplace: crank up the ambient on the flames and the embers. Except for that one, I used a spotlight.

There are two other light sources in the scene: UberEnvironment 2, and a distant light, both set to a pale shade of blue, to simulate moonlight. (Because, as Edgar Winter informed us way back when, 'They Only Come Out at Night'.) :coolgrin:

• kaz42kaz42 Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Work has caused some delays, and as I expected, this pull sounded WAY too easy. My first few attempts were awkward and not funny. Hopefully this one will at least get a chuckle, and I can move on to #4. :P

Kaz42 #3

Things to do before you die - Find a practical use for that "Summon Furniture" spell...

Nova for Victoria 6
    Wolf King for Genesis 2 Male(s)
    Rock and Grass Bundle
    L-XV Furniture Pack

RRRR_Oct_14_-_3_-_No_such_thing_as_a_useless_spell.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • kaz42kaz42 Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Pull #4:

Nature's Variance - Shaders and Props
    Creature Creator for G2M
    Darkish for Emotions
    The Wellspring

edited November 2014

Tag: Totte:#6

Totte said:

#822 Adventure Hero (#15241)
    #5518 Yard Builder (#18288)
    #1085 Beau Quartier (Rendo)
    #2634 Hitman Textures (#15660)
    (LB)#2608 HeroShip Quarters (Rendo)

Also used:
    Omni Area Lights + Metalize (Shader) + Advanced Metal Shaders (shader) DLD Leather (Shader) + DG Leathers (shader) + Advanced Area Light + Dirt shaders
    Road from Faubourg, Skies of Economy
    D5 + numerous morphs + Dental Plan + Unshaven for Genesis
    Genesis + EA Roger oldtimer + Hitman + Dental plan + 50s casual shoes
    G2M+Boris+Atticus skin + Outpost Mercenary
    Limousine Prince
    Stuff from 99 Office props

Turn the inside of an old tour bus into a spaceship…
    …and take your friends for a flyby abound the town.

spacedrive_final.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 330K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Ken OBanion, lights. I feel what your saying about lights, as they don't always behave like they do in reality. And it takes forever to get simple things figured out. Case and Point, illuminating a surface from a reflected ligh. I'm yet to figure that one out my self, I just gave up and did the maths long-hand on paper (No computer or cad, just a pocket calculator a pencil and paper).
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/702264/

KaribousBoutique. Agreed, I have a ton of stuff to sift threw. It's so bad, that I just don't know what I have at this point. This is going to be a long night of going threw DIM, and trying to match obscure names to an image of what it is. This is going to be a daunting task.

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited November 2014

Thank you gopherus & diomede64 for your comments a while back on my last one!

I had to use native shaders on the water in Fountain of Health because it looked invisible in Carrara 8.1 and I wanted it to look strange (not non-existent). Also the stand for the Big Cats (one of the "accessories") makes a rather serviceable tea table. :)

emsim said:
    Pull #2:
    844 Real Cases
    2021 Fountain of Health
    2136 Dollz Clover (rendo)
    554 Millenium Big Cats Accessories

Also used: Happy Camper for V4, Sultry Hair, Sweet Dreams Expressions for V4, Pin Up Pro (rendo), Quest Hill (rendo), Summer Edition Josh, Beach Hair, Aged for V4/M4, A Curious Tea: Drink Me & His N Her Mirrors.

Tag: emsim #2
    Title: Find the Fountain of Youth

Mabel had been searching for years for the mythical fountain of youth and finally in a far corner of a far land she found it! Caleb had been following her all this time, carrying her luggage, making her tea and bolstering her spirits. He of all people knew how epic her temper tantrums could be when she was displeased so while he was relieved that she had finally achieved her dream, he hoped that she wouldn't notice the strange marks she developed across her forehead after she drank the water.

Fountain_of_Youth.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 358K
    Post edited by Emsim on
    edited December 1969

Gopherus #3
    Run, George, Run!

pull
    Evilson M4
    The Cupola
    American Revolutionary War Soldiers (renderosity)
    Wood Chopping Kit

So much to do, so little time! Chop the cherry, freeze at the Forge, and cross the Delaware in style! Hope that soldier rowing got a good meal so that he has lots of energy.

runGeorgeRun.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 688K
    edited November 2014

@kaz42 #3 Good thing that Harry s non-violent. He could have summoned Petunias kitchen utensils. Accio Uncle Vernon s living room set! Good one!

@Totte #6 That must be the Bald Wizard Tour 2014! wonder if you need a back stage pass to participate. Well done!

@emsim #2 She certainly doesn t travel light! I like the mirror with caleb peeking from behind it. nice angles for the reflection

next pull
    Medieval Construction Site
    Karths Kid4 UniverZZe space suit (renderosity)
    3DUniverse Skye
    Mario for M4

Post edited by Gopherus on
    edited December 1969

luci45 #5 : Very nice post work. looks like an old kodak “insanematic” picture. And great sparkles from that elven elixir.
    Zawarkal #1 : Som many things, very nice render, very nice atmosphere in the image.
    obanion #01 : Made me think of a song by Tina Turner ;-)
    barbult #3 : This is RRRR captured in one image. Speechless and it’s just brilliant!
    luci45 #6 : Your story is so wonderfully twisted and render really great, another great one Luci!
    KaribousBoutique #3 : Action at it’s best. Really nice fire there, great one!
    Gopherus #2 : No farts? Grat one!
    obanion #02 : Very nice lighting in this one, and a doable idea, unless you are a bedwetter…
    Kaz42 #3 : What do you do with a weird pull? You have a great idea and render, nicely done!
    emsim #2 : That’s a great idea and a very nice render!
    Gopherus #3 : You got lot’s of things on your list ;-)

Pull #7 (wow, low numbers)
    #442 Night Shade (#12942)
    #512 Sci-fi Barriers and Walls (#4842)
    #184 Fairytale Collection - PE Fixtures and Fittings (#3194)
    #707 "The Hole" - Underground Bar (Rendo)
    #1692 DAZ Studio 4 Cliff Face Shaders (#18449)

This one will take some time....

edited December 1969

Thank you gopherus and Totte. Wow, gopherus, George is a busy guy!

I did one more pull and was so uninspired by what I got that I almost didn't do it. But then I got to playing around with Carrara and thought of something. I've started it so hopefully I'll finish it before Sunday. Here it is:

Pull #3:
    301 - Kids 4 Basicwear
    700 - Fantasy Book
    1336 - Feather Male Hair
    1768 - Rapture for Victoria 4 and Genesis

Rather yawn-inspiring when you first look at it. :)

• MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited November 2014

Bleah. Got really busy the last few weeks so I wasn't able to drop by. And then this image decided to fight me every step of the way. But, it's done. I don't think I'll do a third draw this round. (And I just noticed that apparently I lost the fixed hand pose during a crash... sigh...)

MorganRLewis #2
    "The Queen's Last Meal"

"Queen Nefari knew that her time might be short, as assassins attempted to strike her down regularly. But before she went, she wanted one last bratwurst..."

Pull items:

Koz Pony Tail Classic (Poser X Base Content)
    Classic Barbecue
    Queen Anne Parlor Furniture Part 1
    International Beauties Skin Texture 5
    LB: Victoria 4.2 Bodysuit Expansion Pack

The_Queens_Last_Meal.jpg
    579 x 617 - 81K
    Post edited by MorganRLewis on
    edited December 1969

Tag: Totte #7

Totte said:

#442 Night Shade (#12942)
    #512 Sci-fi Barriers and Walls (#4842)
    #184 Fairytale Collection - PE Fixtures and Fittings (#3194)
    #707 "The Hole" - Underground Bar (Rendo)
    #1692 DAZ Studio 4 Cliff Face Shaders (#18449)

Notes:
    DAZ Studio 4 Cliff Face Shaders are used on Sci-fi Barriers and Walls

Also used:
    Uber Area Light
    Skies of Economy
    Vertical Living
    Advanced metal shaders
    Real Metals
    V4 + FRV Bella + DeRoca Hair
    Dumpsters from Urban Sprawl 2
    Car Roland
    P3DA Lowrez Police officers
    2007 AM Limo
    DLD Leathers
    Chain Link fences
    VW Combi
    Llamaghini Gallapngo
    Windowgirl: G2F + Lucille + Sensualö Lingerie + Choko Hair
    Man watching: G2M + Boris + Bjorn skin + OOT Homme + OOT LOndon High Class +
    Bouncer: G2M + Svengar + Street Rogue + Kung Fu Hair
    Celebrity 1: G2F + Mayuree HD + Bellisima + Dark passion boots + Gothic Hair
    Couple-woman: Genesis + Brogan + Aussie Girl + Chic Hair
    Couple-man: Genesis + P3D Tom + Effordless cool
    Burglar: M5 + Future Wilderness
    Balcony extra girls 1: V5 Supermodel + rope sandals + Latex hero + PH catwalk hair
    Balcony extra girls 2: G2F + Eve Young + Dark Charm Dress + Lustrous Hair + Casual Jeans boots
    Celebrity 3: G2M + Jepes Nathan + Viking + Viking Hair + Body Scars
    Party boy 1: Genesis + Deacon + Highlander for Genesis
    Party boy 2: Genesis + Tyreese + Dress Shoes + Suspender Jeans for Freak 5 (dynamic)

Visit the celebrity nightclub The Hole
    Imagine to get onto the guest list of the celebrity ultra chic nightclub The Hole, the Studio 54 of the 21st Century. Imagine to get a Dry Martini or a Gin and Tonic from the same bartender that just served the hottest stars of todays celebrity sky, just imagine that...

visit_the_hole-final.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 453K
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    obanion #02 : Very nice lighting in this one, and a doable idea, unless you are a bedwetter…

Thanks, Totte!

Actually, I have already crossed that one off my own 'Bucket List'...! (It was the Hotel Coolidge, in White River Junction, Vermont. Woke up late one night to see a white, wispy..., something..., hovering over the foot of my bed!)

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

thank you gopherus and totte for your comments

they say my device will be delivered later today

my second image is almost completed. I should be able to make the deadline

edited December 1969

For what it's worth, this is what I came up with. I feel like I could have done better but I won't have time to play with it any more before Monday, which is after the contest deadline. I had fun with it though. (Note: this one's not actually on my bucket list. :-P )

emsim said:
    Pull #3:
    301 - Kids 4 Basicwear
    700 - Fantasy Book
    1336 - Feather Male Hair

Also used Alessa Hair, Forest Dwelling (with some different shaders), My Princess, B25 Royal Prince, Garden Furniture, K4 Elf, Ecomantics - Efficient Ecosystems, Fantasy Castle, Pretty Basics - Ballerina Flats, Matthias M4.

Tag: emsim #3
    Title: Read a Book Outside in Your Underwear

Glib was looking forward to relaxing on this beautiful day with a good book when it was ruined by a visit from his annoying neighbors.

Read_a_Book.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 485K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

Thanks, barbult! I was rather pleased with how it turned out. There was a bit of a learning curve with the pwGhost shader, but I was pleasantly surprised by the result. And it looks like I'm finally beginning to get a handle on lighting in DAZ Studio. (It's still pretty much hit-or-miss, though!)

The sconces were an old trick I learned in another RRRR. To get the light on the wall, I just parked a point-light above the object, dialed the intensity down to about 40% or so, and gave it a soft yellowish cast. Then I set the ambient on the shade to an even lighter shade of yellow, and cranked that up to about 50%, as well. I used a similar trick with the fireplace: crank up the ambient on the flames and the embers. Except for that one, I used a spotlight.

There are two other light sources in the scene: UberEnvironment 2, and a distant light, both set to a pale shade of blue, to simulate moonlight. (Because, as Edgar Winter informed us way back when, 'They Only Come Out at Night'.) :coolgrin:

Thank you for the lighting description, Ken.

edited December 1969

emsim said:
    For what it's worth, this is what I came up with. I feel like I could have done better but I won't have time to play with it any more before Monday, which is after the contest deadline. I had fun with it though. (Note: this one's not actually on my bucket list. :-P )

emsim said:
    Pull #3:
    301 - Kids 4 Basicwear
    700 - Fantasy Book
    1336 - Feather Male Hair

Also used Alessa Hair, Forest Dwelling (with some different shaders), My Princess, B25 Royal Prince, Garden Furniture, K4 Elf, Ecomantics - Efficient Ecosystems, Fantasy Castle, Pretty Basics - Ballerina Flats, Matthias M4.

Tag: emsim #3
    Title: Read a Book Outside in Your Underwear

Glib was looking forward to relaxing on this beautiful day with a good book when it was ruined by a visit from his annoying neighbors.

lol, sorry cannot resist, recent AFV video has put this into my mind.. and for the follow-up image, taking off the underwear to go streaking

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    pull #2

hippocampus (mermaid's horse)
    scarecrow for G2M (mostdigitalcreations)
    stressed metal texture kit shaders
    strap saddle for daz dragon 3
    LB: fw darc

going to try and see if I can get another one in... wondering to myself why I got the hippocampus

|:| Ease On Down The Road |:|

Before you die... Take a walk on the wild side and find your magic through the Emerald Door - alchemy - earth, air, fire, and water elements. Break your chains!

Dorothy never showed up... the scarecrow became a minion of the wicked witch of the west... the rusted tinman is forever doing the peepee dance as he waits for someone to find his oil can... the lion disappeared and has not been heard from... the wizard went back to Kansas when he learned that Dorothy was not coming... and, the good witch of the north moved to the north sea, leaving her gown behind as well as her legs.

Hippocampus
    Scarecrow for G2M (most digital creations)
    Stressed Metal Texture Kit Shaders -- used on Tinman and axe blade
    Strapped Saddle for Daz Dragon 3 -- used on witherdreki for dd3
    FW Darc

alchemy.jpg
    2000 x 1690 - 611K
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited November 2014

Thanks, gopherus,Totte
    Zawarkal #1 A dark beauty - great mood and use of pull!
    obannion #1 Glad you got the new computer up and running. Good use of your pull, great mother-in-law remark.
    barbult #3 Great use of pull and really funny. I love the details- they balance things so well.
    KaribousBoutique #3 LOL, that is some firepower! Looks to me like your research paid off!
    Gopherus #2 Wickedly funny! (and no farts.)
    oBanion #2 LOL, I don't know what is going on with you and Addison. Great idea and render
    kaz42 #3 I like this one, definitely chuckled. She needs to work on that one.
    Totte #6 Looks like some fun friends to do that with!
    emsim #2 Hehe I love caleb peeking at her from the behind the mirror. I think she will notice the marks
    Gopherus #3 Well I'll say it too. George is a busy guy. Those are some bizarre little vignettes. Are they going to eat that monster rat? and what is the guy on the water ski(?) doing with the hose and that big grin?
    MorganRLewis #2 Haha, I love the whimsy in this - one last bartwurdt...
    Totte #7 Nice one, Totte! That is a lot of content, but I guess your system can handle it. (I love coflek-gnorg's models)
    emsim #3 Sounds like a good idea. Too bad about the neighbors.
    Zawarkal #2 Another beautiful richly textured render. Don't know if i want to go there - maybe I'm too faint-hearted.

My pull #7:
    Smugglers Keep
    Victoria 3 Base
    Lord of the Wolves
    BWC Sitting Vicky for Victoria 6
    Blue-Backed Manakin (m/f and Regina male)(LB)
    This one is done - I just can't seem to explain it. Hopefully will post it soon, as well as putting my others on the Renders Only thread.

Post edited by luci45 on
    edited November 2014

Gopherus #4
    The First House on the Moon

pull
    Medieval Construction Site
    Karths Kid4 UniverZZe space suit (renderosity)
    3DUniverse Skye
    Mario for M4

"I d like to someday be the owner of the first house on the moon....."
    Skye frolics in the low gravity, while Mario frets about his labor problems. Leprechaun Local No.5 from Redding has filed a grievance about his use of alien labor on the lunar construction site. They feel that since they constructed a Sven and Tweety's franchise in California they are entitled to first refusal on all contracts in perpetuity.

firstHouse.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 772K
    Post edited by Gopherus on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited November 2014

Aaargh. I've really had computer problems this month. But both hardware and software seem to be working again.

Diomede Pull #2
    2112 2082 2381 2039 234
    2112. “Midnight Dress”,”
    2082. “Michael 4 Creature Creator Add Ons
    2381. “OOT HOMME Shoes 1 for Genesis 2 Male(s)”
    2039. “Medieval Village: The Stable DS”,
    Lucky Bastard
    234. “Babydoll Unimesh Fits”

Race in the Derby

race_in_the_deby.jpg
    940 x 705 - 107K
    Post edited by Diomede on