Genesis: The Early Years

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,249

Oh, and I forgot to mention how much I Love the amazing renders in here! Wow! This is so fun because it inspires me to hunt down more of these presets that I don't own yet! Wow!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

luci45 said:

Here are some Genesis aliens made from various morphs and a RawArt's bear for Genesis. I wanted to use Dimension Theory's Skys of Sylvan that I grabbed in Fast Grab a few days ago. I used some Filter Forge filters and Ron's plates. 

I love this, very filmicyes. The blur looks so cool:)

Dartanbeck said:

Oh, and I forgot to mention how much I Love the amazing renders in here! Wow! This is so fun because it inspires me to hunt down more of these presets that I don't own yet! Wow!

Tks for sharing those clips:) Impressive stuff indeed;)

Just a random thing I put together the other day, G1 and some creature morphs...

A couple of more reposts from the 3DL thread...G1 as per usual

Wow! Making 3DL Rock!!! 

Great renders, Sven!

edited February 2021

Geneisis 1 Abominable, wearing an M4 skin from Mortem Vetus

Abominable.jpg
    596 x 719 - 459K
    Fight4Life.jpg
    1299 x 760 - 1M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Dartanbeck said:

Great renders, Sven!

Hey tks a lot, and likewise! Ah Mortem Vetus, I love their M4 morphs and skins:) I've transferred everyone of them to Genesis.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,152
    edited February 2021

I will confess I mostly missed out on G1-G3. The PC I had until 2019 was a 2002 vintage XP machine with 2Gb of RAM and a small hdd. The onboard graphics card was seriously loaded by V3 and the move to DS0.9 and V4 took my render times to 26+ hours, and I gave up until 2019 when I got my 2013 vintage work machine when it was retired. A quick graphics card replacement and I had a moderately capable rendering machine - but there was G8, and G3 to play with. Anyway a couple of weeks ago I did my first render with a G2 character, to illustrate a freebie pose transfer script from G2F to V4 that I was aked to do (with the V4 character that so competently killed my XP rendering machine in 2006 rendering with 3Delight, rendered in iRay in 2 minutes with a bigger image size. How things have changed.). 

The thing that struck me was the bones in the character. Two carpals with two fingers off each, no metatarsals, a lower & upper abdomen but no lower & upper chest/neck, individual toes. Looks like a half-hearted attempt to get to G3 but they lost their nerve along the way, not liking to give too many new bones in one go. After this one use there is no question in my mind, though, that G2 is a vastly superior figure to V4. Just don't understand why the V4 stuff is still being generated & used. There is a huge archive available, so why not move it to more modern characters. From the script transfer image above, the abdomen & neck twists are so much less strained in G2. Ahh well. 

Regards,

Richard

G2FPoseTransferToV4 Ad.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 728K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • The thing that struck me was the bones in the character. Two carpals with two fingers off each, no metatarsals, a lower & upper abdomen but no lower & upper chest/neck, individual toes. Looks like a half-hearted attempt to get to G3 but they lost their nerve along the way, not liking to give too many new bones in one go. After this one use there is no question in my mind, though, that G2 is a vastly superior figure to V4. Just don't understand why the V4 stuff is still being generated & used. There is a huge archive available, so why not move it to more modern characters.

Some people are still using Poser, and if you're not using Dawn or the pack-in stuff, then it's V4 or bust for the best figure available. Not that I've kept close tabs lately.

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

LynnInDenver said:

The thing that struck me was the bones in the character. Two carpals with two fingers off each, no metatarsals, a lower & upper abdomen but no lower & upper chest/neck, individual toes. Looks like a half-hearted attempt to get to G3 but they lost their nerve along the way, not liking to give too many new bones in one go. After this one use there is no question in my mind, though, that G2 is a vastly superior figure to V4. Just don't understand why the V4 stuff is still being generated & used. There is a huge archive available, so why not move it to more modern characters.

Some people are still using Poser, and if you're not using Dawn or the pack-in stuff, then it's V4 or bust for the best figure available. Not that I've kept close tabs lately.

Poser has been dead in the water since Genesis 1 arrived. I was hoping Renderosity could turn things around for it, because I still do have a soft spot for Poser, but I just don't see them reversing it's fortunes at this point.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,258

Here's another set of G1 characters. They've been run through an analog art filter for a more "painterly look". The Hogwarts faculty and staff.

http://www.redhen-publications.com/faculty.html

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,678
    edited February 2021

Thanks, Sven Dullah. I like using Genesis 1 again and doing simple and fast renders. I didn't do many renders in 2020. I like your portraits a lot.

Dartenbeck, Abominable with Mortem Vetus skin is so fitting, and he looks at home with the Troglodytes. 

JOdel, I like your Hogwarts faculty and your Tarot cards. Very expressive!

Here are a few of mine from 2013. The SciFi one has M4 HiRez skin with M4 morph and stocky body morph. 

mike shaw at the spaceport.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 525K
    uptown girl.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 421K
    alejandro2.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 374K
    Post edited by luci45 on

Very Nice!

Say, for anyone nimating Genesis 1, I have a new (free) product called Genesis 1 MorphForms +, which adds a few additional pose dials to the main Genesis parameters tab. I made a thread in Freebies with a link to the product.

Genesis 1 MorphForms + thread in the Daz 3D forums

luci45 said:

Here are a few of mine from 2013.

Very cool! I prefer not to look at what I did in 2013, and thankfully most of my renders from that period are in CyberHeaven due to a computerbreakdown so you won't be seing any of that stufflaugh

Dartanbeck said:

Very Nice!

Say, for anyone nimating Genesis 1, I have a new (free) product called Genesis 1 MorphForms +, which adds a few additional pose dials to the main Genesis parameters tab. I made a thread in Freebies with a link to the product.

Genesis 1 MorphForms + thread in the Daz 3D forums

Downloaded and tested! Tks a lotsmiley

My Genesis 1 Rosie 5.5 is being a real treat to work with. I was so excited that they were making Carrara compatible with Genesis back in the 8.5 beta tests, that I bought up a whole lot of Genesis stuff. Having a decent collection of Generation 3-4 clothing and hair, I picked up the legacy generation shapes and clones pretty much as soon as they became available. 

Well now I'm finding myself browsing these older generation 3 and 4 items simply because they work so well with her! But I also have clones for Genesis 2 and 3 (thanks SickleYield!) so I get that stuff too. She's a real win Win for me right now. Plenty of really cool aniBlock/PZ2/BVH motion files at my fingertips that work great with her, and then I remove certain portions and make them into something new with hand key framing.

She's really quite something!

edited February 2021

Example: In the video I posted above, Rosie 5.5's medieval impractical armor consists of:

Genesis 1 -

• Age of Armour's Executioner wrist wraps (underlament for forearm armor mentioned below)

Victoria 4 - 

• Alpha Seed (Aeon Soul)'s Sisterhood Forearm Armor 
    • Aery Soul (Aeon Soul)'s Liltsure Hair hairband
    • 4blueyes' Elf Light Panty

Victoria 3 - 

• Awful Soul (Aeon Soul)'s Platina Armor (metal bikini w/shoulder armor)

Michael 3 - 

• Luthbel's Wildenlander Wild Hunt boots

Genesis 8 - 

• Linday's dForce Classic Long and Curly Hair

Her head is based on Ysabeau 6 with tidbits of The Girl 6 and Keiko 6 along with other morphs from Generations 4, 5 and 6

Her body is Gia 6, Keiko 6 and a whole bunch of other Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 1 shaping morphs

Her skin textures are V4 Elite - Reby Sky

She has expression morphs from generations 4, 5 and 6

edited February 2021

This doesn't do the animation sequence any justice, but I really like the lighting and it helps to show how well her muscularity can increase nicely as she swings around heavy objects.

R55 SwordSwingMid.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 66K

Wow, Dartanbeck, Rosie 5.5 is a pretty awesome character! I am astaounded at all the work you did with the clothes and morphs and the hair animation. The above render does show off her muscularity really well, like she actually could swing that big sword around. 

edited February 2021

Genesis Troll

Vladimir M4 transferred to Genesis, G1 on the left.

Can't remember but probably some V4 morphs on G1...

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Now that the local gallery is back, here are my old renders of V6 (I think; there used to be a list of DAZ products used in the image, and now I can't find it) and a custom G2F using SickleYield's morph pack (I obviously remember making custom characters better LOL):

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5519235203727360#gallery=newest&page=1&image=51532

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5519235203727360#gallery=newest&page=1&image=96839

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,173

Scroll down a little on the gallery page - the products used are llisted there, now with large product images (I see 5 products for your first image for example)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    edited February 2021

Here is one I did today with Characters from GF2!!

Social Distance Fight.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 734K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • MelanieL said:

Scroll down a little on the gallery page - the products used are llisted there, now with large product images (I see 5 products for your first image for example)

Oh wow, thank you! Indeed there they are - I would've never thought anything useful might be hidden that way!

Mustakettu85 said:

Now that the local gallery is back, here are my old renders of V6 (I think; there used to be a list of DAZ products used in the image, and now I can't find it) and a custom G2F using SickleYield's morph pack (I obviously remember making custom characters better LOL):

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5519235203727360#gallery=newest&page=1&image=51532

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5519235203727360#gallery=newest&page=1&image=96839

These are very nice indeed! Made me curious though...did you use the 3DL pathtracer already in 2015 or are they REYES renders? I can see a mentioning of using OmUberSurface2, so leaning towards the latter? Well done in any event:) When I view my own renders from that period my eyes start bleeding.

Saphirewild said:

Nicely done:) Love the poses and outfits!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Sven Dullah said:

Saphirewild said:

Nicely done:) Love the poses and outfits!

Thanks so much for the very nice comments Sven!!

That renders was inspired by a fight I saw resently on my street 2 women were arguing instead of fighting with fists because of the whole Covid-19 scare!

Mustakettu85, some nice renders with beautiful skin tones~

Saphirewild, It must have been a little bit funny seeing women arguing with masks on, but maybe not at the time. Very cool render in any case. (One of these days I will do a render where people are wearing masks

Sven Dullah, good to see Vladimir again. I like that character better than the more recent "counts." The Elizabethan troll is charming also. laugh

• Saphirewild said:

That renders was inspired by a fight I saw resently on my street 2 women were arguing instead of fighting with fists because of the whole Covid-19 scare!

Do you mean that it is customary where you live to fight with fists in the street?!